Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

Pat Riley is a weak GM.

These guys he brings in to hopefully to resurrect their careers are all garbage. Except for Chris Anderson, he brought in Juwan Howard, Michael Beasley, Greg Oden, Rashard Lewis. All these guy who did nothing but take up space on the roster. Now he's bringing in Danny Granger on the cheap hoping for a miracle. Granger is done. You're not getting anything from him that's at all worthwhile.

It's just another mindless signing hoping for a prayer.

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Suggesting Pat Riley doesn't know what he's doing seems a little silly.

The man is 69 years old and still has perfectly slick hair.

That counts for something.

Naz18
    Naz18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1940

That's the whole point, he's able to bring them on the cheap...it's low risk...so if it doesn't work out, no big deal.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post

that actually makes a lot of sense.

Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14392

Yes , he knows what time it is.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

The Giant ,

i was actually going to agree with the OP until you said that. But foreal that dude does have great hair.

i had no idea he was 69.

Bluehorseshoe

Quote Originally Posted by Naz18 View Post
    That's the whole point, he's able to bring them on the cheap...it's low risk...so if it doesn't work out, no big deal.
    But it doesn't work at all. He can bring you on the cheap and see where it goes.

Bluehorseshoe

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post

But he retired from basketball a long time ago. That's what old people do when they get to Florida.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

i was going to say that if I was Pat Riley i would say to Lebron,

Lebron,

Look mother fukker you are making yourself look like asshole to the whole world AGAIN!!!

Do you want to be a part of the great franchise or not? If so sign on the line that is dotted and shut the fukk up and take your millions of dollars and enjoy your yatch and biscayne bay mansion and start thinking more about how you can help the team than how you get the front page headline.

seriously give Lebron a deadline and say this is the offer. Take it or leave it.

If Lebron gets away, just sign Melo and then trade for Lamarcus Aldridge.

Bostongambler

Pat has more basketball knowledge in his little finger than most GM's have in their entire body.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by Bostongambler View Post
    Pat has more basketball knowledge in his little finger than most GM's have in their entire body.
    and he has great hair.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Pat Riley always been around hall of famers

It makes things much easier

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9059

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post

Lebron,

Look mother fukker you are making yourself look like asshole to the whole world AGAIN!!!

Do you want to be a part of the great franchise or not? If so sign on the line that is dotted and shut the fukk up and take your millions of dollars and enjoy your yatch and biscayne bay mansion and start thinking more about how you can help the team than how you get the front page headline.

seriously give Lebron a deadline and say this is the offer. Take it or leave it.

Then what?

Bostongambler

and he has great hair.
    Yes, which is always a plus

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lebron,

melo isnt signing with miami without lebron
    would make zero sense
    pat isnt giving lebron a deadline, he has no leverage, NONE
    pat has no choice but to sit and wait, just like every1 else
    lebron is the top free agent and he can basically do whatever the hell he wants at the moment
    trade for lamarcus????? and who they gonna trade for him??

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Only so much he can do, brings in players that he hopes have something left in the tank for cheap. The McRoberts signing is odd money wise, but the guy can make an open shot and could do well in that system.

I think fans have a tough time grasping the salary cap and how little room teams really have to improve. Only so many players to go around, can't have everyone you want and pay them all what they would like. Fans always want more but it doesn't work like that.

jjgold

Good posting Cuse

I'm tired of all the guessing hopefully this ends by Thursday or Friday

I think it'll be over with free-agent by Friday

I hope James goes back to Cleveland

Better for the NBA

wikkidinsane
    wikkidinsane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

James is staying in miami. I hope he gives a public f u to cleveland fans.

jjgold

It does not matter actually because the west is just superior to the east

The Spurs would be -700 over heat in the NBA finals next year

PyzTheClown
    Update your status
    PyzTheClown's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 49

Quote Originally Posted by wikkidinsane View Post
    James is staying in miami. I hope he gives a public f u to cleveland fans.
    nice.

Ballerholic
    Ballerholic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1806

Idk he's a pretty solid GM. He took a risk, and they just didn't all happen to pay off

Bluehorseshoe

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    Only so much he can do, brings in players that he hopes have something left in the tank for cheap. The McRoberts signing is odd money wise, but the guy can make an open shot and could do well in that system.

I think fans have a tough time grasping the salary cap and how little room teams really have to improve. Only so many players to go around, can't have everyone you want and pay them all what they would like. Fans always want more but it doesn't work like that.
    I disagree. He still thinks the NBA is where you're the Celtics, you bring in a Walton on the cheap and have him be an important piece to the run. It's not that way anymore. The league is completely different. When a guy is done, he's done. How many great "Comebacks of the Year" have we seen?

In contrast, look at the Spurs. They have guys like Leonard getting 2 million a year. Boris Diaw. They don't waste money on guys who are useless where Riley does.

Cuse0323

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post
    I disagree. He still thinks the NBA is where you're the Celtics, you bring in a Walton on the cheap and have him be an important piece to the run. It's not that way anymore. The league is completely different. When a guy is done, he's done. How many great "Comebacks of the Year" have we seen?

In contrast, look at the Spurs. They have guys like Leonard getting 2 million a year. Boris Diaw. They don't waste money on guys who are useless where Riley does.
    I can agree with that, he does take shots on players who are obviously done. I just don't know who else he can get, the better players will be offered more money from the lesser teams and take the cash over going to a contender.

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6482

The Spurs big 3 took less money to stay together as a "team", while the Heat's big 3 were near max contracts (just under 2 million from salary cap).

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/stor...ade-chris-bosh

Hard to sign impact guys with no money.

Bluehorseshoe

I can agree with that, he does take shots on players who are obviously done. I just don't know who else he can get, the better players will be offered more money from the lesser teams and take the cash over going to a contender.
    That's why I'm saying he's weak. He can't judge cheaper players that have upside. He has those wasted contracts where he can spend money on low level guys. He's doesn't know how to judge talent where the Spurs were able to bring in guys in trades like Danny Green and Gary Neal who are cheap and make a difference.

Cuse0323

That's why I'm saying he's weak. He can't judge cheaper players that have upside. He has those wasted contracts where he can spend money on low level guys. He's doesn't know how to judge talent where the Spurs were able to bring in guys in trades like Danny Green and Gary Neal who are cheap and make a difference.
    Gotcha, great point. He does bring in the older guys who once were decent instead of the younger guys who may have been overlooked and just need another shot. That's what separates the Spurs from the rest right there. Their front office is the best at most things, like drafting or getting the rights to foreigners that develop into legitimate players. Along with guys like Green, like you said, who just need another shot. That's where the coaching staff comes into play too, they get the most out of these guys who have the ability to play in the league and just don't know how yet.

Luckycharms2012
    Luckycharms2012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5412

I like Pat Riley BUT he's overrated as a GM. The media gives him so much credit for the big 3 coming together on his team but that credit should go to Wade. It was Wade that recruited LeBron and Bosh. It was the big 3 together who recruited and convinced Ray Allen to take less money, same goes for Anderson and Rashard Lewis. The players all went to Miami to play with LeBron/Bosh/Wade to win a title, Pat Riley played his position and offered the contracts but any GM in that situation (with the best players in the world recruiting for you) could have gotten the job done.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Bluehorseshoe

Bluehorseshoe

Gotcha, great point. He does bring in the older guys who once were decent instead of the younger guys who may have been overlooked and just need another shot. That's what separates the Spurs from the rest right there. Their front office is the best at most things, like drafting or getting the rights to foreigners that develop into legitimate players. Along with guys like Green, like you said, who just need another shot. That's where the coaching staff comes into play too, they get the most out of these guys who have the ability to play in the league and just don't know how yet.
    Exactly!! That was the other point I was going to make. The minute they signed the big three, he should have been looking overseas for talent.

jjgold

most GM's do nothing and really not deserving of team success

Riley is a jerkoff

his career on the line this week

wikkidinsane

hey for all you sPURS NUT HUGGERS. fuk the spurs. Fuk tim duncan hes a fruitcake and fuk pop ginobli tony parker and leonards bitch ass. Having said that, the Spurs is a pretty good team, but in the coming days you will all see why Pat Riley turns whatever he touches into gold@

Luckycharms2012
    Luckycharms2012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5412

If Bosh goes to the Rockets Miami is finished, even if they sign Melo. Melo, Wade, Lebron aren't winning a championship, Lebron, Melo, Bosh could win though, they need Bosh to play PF, they don't have anyone in the frontcourt. If Bosh goes to the Rockets, they instantly have the best frontcourt in the NBA, maybe even NBA history.

Howard/Bosh

jjgold

everyone going nuts here

lol

we are all guessing

BCC585
    BCC585's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1206

Quote Originally Posted by wikkidinsane View Post
    hey for all you sPURS NUT HUGGERS. fuk the spurs. Fuk tim duncan hes a fruitcake and fuk pop ginobli tony parker and leonards bitch ass. Having said that, the Spurs is a pretty good team, but in the coming days you will all see why Pat Riley turns whatever he touches into gold@
    Says the Miami fan with Lebron as his picture....

jjgold

Right now the heat are not a good team something drastic must happen soon

wikkidinsane

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    everyone going nuts here

lol

we are all guessing
    No guess here pal. Miami still gives him the best chance to get rings. He went to finals 4 str8 times

12 Last