Seaweed
    Update your status
    Seaweed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6952

Is Eric Spolestra Overrated??

I think so.

Example, why not design a 2 point play at the end? He has made lots of bad decisions but has been bailed out

James Marques
    James Marques's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3692

He was the video guy. Of course he's overrated.

MickeyMan
    MickeyMan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14295

I don't think he can be overrated, I don't ever hear anyone saying he's a great coach

James Marques
    James Marques's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3692

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMan View Post
    I don't think he can be overrated, I don't ever hear anyone saying he's a great coach
    Fair point.

vividjohn45
    vividjohn45's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

His bitch is real hot though.

STAX
    STAX's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think he's underrated, Phil Jackson won 3 in a row with the best team and everyone says he's God's gift to basketball. Spoelstra about to do it and gets no credit at all. Not comparing Phil to Eric but... cmon

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

as far as nba coaches go, he is a bottom feeder... i dont think anyone really thinks differently

unitedlad
    unitedlad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7803

Wow, there really are some idiots on this forum

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Coaches are just good motivators. At least the good ones and they keep the team together

Players win titles

cane
    cane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3110

Quote Originally Posted by Seaweed View Post
    I think so.

Example, why not design a 2 point play at the end? He has made lots of bad decisions but has been bailed out
    Spo is a top five coach in the league. The play he designed at the end was for Lebron to drive the lane and if he has an open look, take it (he didn't, Hibbert was right in front of him), so then the second part of the play was to look for Bosh shooting a corner three, which would have ended the series. His play call was to give Lebron the option and based on Hibbert's good defense, Lebron made the right decision, Bosh's shot didn't go in, it happens, it's basketball. BTW, can you give me some examples of Spo's bad decisions since you think he makes lots of them.

raydog

^^^ mother of god... you think any of the players listen to spo? or pay any attention to his ramblings during timeouts? a fukkin monkey would have the same # of titles as him...the guy is the most useless suit on the nba sidelines..

you think its "designing" a play to give it to lebron and let him drive and kick it out if he gets in trouble .. that shit is going to happen no matter what, pally

cane

Quote Originally Posted by raydog View Post
    ^^^ mother of god... you think any of the players listen to spo? or pay any attention to his ramblings during timeouts? a fukkin monkey would have the same # of titles as him...the guy is the most useless suit on the nba sidelines..

you think its "designing" a play to give it to lebron and let him drive and kick it out if he gets in trouble .. that shit is going to happen no matter what, pally
    I live in South Fla, I watch almost every Heat game, I promise I know this team better than you. I can tell you how much the players respect Spoelstra, especially Wade and Lebron, but it doesn't matter what I post, you obviously think you know more than me, so I'm not going to waste my time going back and forth with you, if you don't think Spo is a good coach, that's fine, Pat Riley (who knows more about basketball than either of us) and the Heat organization disagree with you.

smoke a bowl
    smoke a bowl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14472

I think so.

Only someone with no mathematical concept would even consider going for 2 when down 2 with 1 possession left.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13194

I think so.

Yes.

Seaweed
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by smoke a bowl View Post
    Only someone with no mathematical concept would even consider going for 2 when down 2 with 1 possession left.
    Explain

smoke a bowl

Explain
    OK, tell me what percentage of the time they will make a 2 pointer if they go for 2 and a 3 pointer if they go for three for the last shot and then we will continue.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

I think so.

i have never once heard anybody give him any credit so i wouldnt say he is overrated.

The Heat have Lebron James. You or I could coach the Heat and win the NBA title.

you think Lebron needs coaching? you think he listens to a skinny little hispanic telling him how to play basketball? hell no.

No coach needed when you got D-Wade, Bosh, and Lebron.

Seaweed
    Update your status

OK, tell me what percentage of the time they will make a 2 pointer if they go for 2 and a 3 pointer if they go for three for the last shot and then we will continue.
    when down by 2, you have a higher percentage of scoring if you go for 2 than Bosh taking a 3. Drive it inside with lebron or wade, and that has a better chance as one of them might even get fouled. Anyone taking an inside shot has a higher percentage of scoring than Chris Bosh.

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

Oh now I understand why the Heat lost

Unreal this fukking mush

smoke a bowl

when down by 2, you have a higher percentage of scoring if you go for 2 than Bosh taking a 3. Drive it inside with lebron or wade, and that has a better chance as one of them might even get fouled. Anyone taking an inside shot has a higher percentage of scoring than Chris Bosh.
    Of course but by how much?

raydog

Quote Originally Posted by cane View Post
    I live in South Fla, I watch almost every Heat game, I promise I know this team better than you. I can tell you how much the players respect Spoelstra, especially Wade and Lebron, but it doesn't matter what I post, you obviously think you know more than me, so I'm not going to waste my time going back and forth with you, if you don't think Spo is a good coach, that's fine, Pat Riley (who knows more about basketball than either of us) and the Heat organization disagree with you.

because it fukkin matters where you live that says how much you "think" you know ... gaaahdamn, kids....oh and you watch all the games ...like that matters either ... and sure, the players are going to just come out and say a monkey could accomplish the same as their coach .. whats bothersome, is you really think that a monkey couldnt do spo's job... i mean, you really think there would be a difference ... the guy has a half dozen all-stars/previous all-stars on the team... you morons will see what happens to spo when he loses a few of them... he got promoted from within because not even a guy with virtually no resume could fukk up what riley and the rest were putting together and with riley watching over things.... seriously, dont be so stupid buddy... and yes, i know much more than you...thats not debatable either
    Points Awarded:

CWD gave raydog 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

smoke a bowl

Ok is it fair to say that Bosh hits the 33% of the time and that the Heat score a 2 pointer 50% of the time?

Seaweed
    Update your status

Ok is it fair to say that Bosh hits the 33% of the time and that the Heat score a 2 pointer 50% of the time?
    We cant put a percent on it, but i would say 25 percent for Bosh

smoke a bowl

We cant put a percent on it, but i would say 25 percent for Bosh
    Why 25% when he is a 33% 3 point shooter?

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20370

Underrated coach.

cane

Seaweed, I'm still waiting for some examples of Spo's bad decisions that he gets bailed out on.

James D
    James D's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMan View Post
    I agree he is not considered a top guy at all. We really have no way to judge in full how good a coach he is because of the roster and the short career. But let's not forget Riley gave him the keys to the Ferrari. That says something huge

Quote Originally Posted by STAX View Post
    I think he's underrated, Phil Jackson won 3 in a row with the best team and everyone says he's God's gift to basketball. Spoelstra about to do it and gets no credit at all. Not comparing Phil to Eric but... cmon
    Fair point for sure.

If you use logic the 3pt shot was smarter. Especially on the road, these are the two scenarios.

1. If he takes the 2pt shot (50% success) it may go to to OT where you again are 50%. So the likelihood of a win in 25%
    2. If he takes a 3pt shot they either win or lose, they have a 33% chance. Better pct. then shooting a two.

Seaweed
    Update your status

Why 25% when he is a 33% 3 point shooter?
    I was being generous. His shot percentage when game is on the line is lower. Taking a 3 with 6:45 to go in 2nd quarter is not the same.

Seaweed
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by James D View Post
    I agree he is not considered a top guy at all. We really have no way to judge in full how good a coach he is because of the roster and the short career. But let's not forget Riley gave him the keys to the Ferrari. That says something huge

Fair point for sure.

If you use logic the 3pt shot was smarter. Especially on the road, these are the two scenarios.

1. If he takes the 2pt shot (50% success) it may go to to OT where you again are 50%. So the likelihood of a win in 25%
    2. If he takes a 3pt shot they either win or lose, they have a 33% chance. Better pct. then shooting a two.
    Forgot to factor getting an and 1. Also, Heat would have edge in OT. Nosh shooting a 3 for the win is basically accepting a loss

cane

Forgot to factor getting an and 1. Also, Heat would have edge in OT. Nosh shooting a 3 for the win is basically accepting a loss
    Wrong again. the way the refs were officiating last night, there is no way Lebron would have gotten the call, even if he got hacked by Hibbert, the ref would have swallowed his whistle. Also, the Heat would not have had the edge in OT. Lebron had five fouls and since four of the five were ticky tack, it would only have been a matter of time before he fouled out, not to mention the way Paul George was shooting in the fourth quarter. Five more mins with Wade's knees combined with Lebron being completely out of rhythm due to foul trouble plus George being on fire means the Pacers would have had the advantage in OT. We'll never know how OT would have played out, but to say the Heat would have had the edge is incorrect.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

better coach then you guys think

Seaweed
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by cane View Post
    Wrong again. the way the refs were officiating last night, there is no way Lebron would have gotten the call, even if he got hacked by Hibbert, the ref would have swallowed his whistle. Also, the Heat would not have had the edge in OT. Lebron had five fouls and since four of the five were ticky tack, it would only have been a matter of time before he fouled out, not to mention the way Paul George was shooting in the fourth quarter. Five more mins with Wade's knees combined with Lebron being completely out of rhythm due to foul trouble plus George being on fire means the Pacers would have had the advantage in OT. We'll never know how OT would have played out, but to say the Heat would have had the edge is incorrect.
    l
    If it was Allen shooting a 3 or Wade I would say yes, but Bosh is useless in that situation as he is NOT a good 3 point shooter under pressure and when rushed. You do not know basketball

cane

l
    If it was Allen shooting a 3 or Wade I would say yes, but Bosh is useless in that situation as he is NOT a good 3 point shooter under pressure and when rushed. You do not know basketball
    Okay, you're right I don't know basketball. But since you do, could you please give me some examples of bad decisions Spo has made and got bailed out of, since that's what you think.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13194

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    i have never once heard anybody give him any credit so i wouldnt say he is overrated.

The Heat have Lebron James. You or I could coach the Heat and win the NBA title.

you think Lebron needs coaching? you think he listens to a skinny little hispanic telling him how to play basketball? hell no.

No coach needed when you got D-Wade, Bosh, and Lebron.
    He is from the Philippines, if it matters. LOL

TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

Only a handful of coaches in the NBA have ever really made a big difference

The rest just give generic "let's hustle" or "let's communicate better" speeches during breaks and try to keep the players out of jail

12 Last