brainfreeze
    Meaning
    brainfreeze's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

Quote Originally Posted by akphidelt View Post
    The thing I don't understand is how people are still dumb enough to believe it's rigged! They honestly think games with bad calls is proof. Lot of psychos in this world.
    I'm not saying their actors playing in a script produced by the NBA. I'm saying I've seen way crazier things then a game being rigged.

To call people dumb is just being dismissive. Argue the point please, so 1 ref in the nba fixed 1 game in the umpteen years of league history?? You don't believe that.. But if you do, It's where Amazing happens!

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Many say "the NBA rigs the entire season so X and Y make it to the finals". They don't even think what they're implying. That the NBA wants a terrible basketball market like San antonio in the finals makes no sense whatsoever.

Nobody would argue about Donaghy and most won't even argue that there still nay be a rogue ref or two influencing outcomes of individual games for personal gain but that is much different than claiming the entire system is rigged.

three of the final four teams: San antonio, Indiana and OKC

ya, it's rigged

i've even seen a few arguing that the commish is returning favors to Dan gilbert in Cleveland to get them in the finals. the stupidity is simply unreal

trevor123698
    trevor123698's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 467

Quote Originally Posted by akphidelt View Post
    Hahahahaha!! OMG, aren't you the guy that thinks Kennedy's passenger shot him or that the 9/11 jets were holograms? Real life conspiracy theorist here, haha.

the driver did shoot him. go here to learn.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apxT...youtu.be&t=38m

James Marques
    James Marques's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3692

Quote Originally Posted by trevor123698 View Post
    the driver did shoot him. go here to learn.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apxT...youtu.be&t=38m
    This has been debunked a million times. You are a kook.

cane
    cane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3110

Quote Originally Posted by brainfreeze View Post
    Everyone at least has the common understanding that the ref did get caught fixing games.
    If you think he's the only one in history, I have the Brooklyn bridge for sale too. He's the only one got caught, big difference.
    Donaghy eventually got caught. If there were other referees doing what he did, either in the past or currently, they would have been caught too. If a ref is fixing games, there would be any number of people in on it, whether it's mob related, gamblers, or just people who knew about it. If someone is conspiring to fix a basketball game, there would be a certain number of people who would know about it. Whenever there's a conspiracy, there are a lot of people who have to stay quiet. I have never seen or read anything about any other ref other than Donaghy involved in fixing games. Believe me, if this has happened before, someone by now would have talked.

brainfreeze
    Meaning

Quote Originally Posted by cane View Post
    Donaghy eventually got caught. If there were other referees doing what he did, either in the past or currently, they would have been caught too. If a ref is fixing games, there would be any number of people in on it, whether it's mob related, gamblers, or just people who knew about it. If someone is conspiring to fix a basketball game, there would be a certain number of people who would know about it. Whenever there's a conspiracy, there are a lot of people who have to stay quiet. I have never seen or read anything about any other ref other than Donaghy involved in fixing games. Believe me, if this has happened before, someone by now would have talked.
    People didn't even know there was a mob for numerous years, it's their job to remain quiet.

cane

People didn't even know there was a mob for numerous years, it's their job to remain quiet.
    So, you can't give me any other examples of a ref fixing games, but you know for sure it's happened before, okay. If you want me to believe that refs have fixed games before, then could you at least provide me with some credible evidence. The key word being "credible", not some conspiracy nut with a blog, but actual evidence from a credible news source. If you can do that, get back to me and we can have a discussion.

brainfreeze
    Meaning

So, you can't give me any other examples of a ref fixing games, but you know for sure it's happened before, okay. If you want me to believe that refs have fixed games before, then could you at least provide me with some credible evidence. The key word being "credible", not some conspiracy nut with a blog, but actual evidence from a credible news source. If you can do that, get back to me and we can have a discussion.
    I guess your part of the only happened one time crew, ok... Hold your Walt Disney Micky mouse ears close to your head. This is where Amazing happens.

cane

I guess your part of the only happened one time crew, ok... Hold your Walt Disney Micky mouse ears close to your head. This is where Amazing happens.
    I know you conspiracy guys don't like facts, but the fact is, you can't provide one shred of evidence that any other ref besides Donaghy has ever fixed a game. Please show me something, anything, to support your claims. You're expecting me to believe what you're saying just because you know it's happened before even though you have absolutely no proof, okay. Brainfreeze seems like a good nickname for you.

brainfreeze
    Meaning

I know you conspiracy guys don't like facts, but the fact is, you can't provide one shred of evidence that any other ref besides Donaghy has ever fixed a game. Please show me something, anything, to support your claims. You're expecting me to believe what you're saying just because you know it's happened before even though you have absolutely no proof, okay. Brainfreeze seems like a good nickname for you.
    Theres plenty of facts for you, trust me. While your looking for facts be sure to get out and have some life experiences then maybe you'll see from a different perspective.

cane

Theres plenty of facts for you, trust me. While your looking for facts be sure to get out and have some life experiences then maybe you'll see from a different perspective.
    Sorry, I don't trust conspiracy theorists posting on a message board, I do however trust facts, and since you say there are plenty of them, could you please provide me with some facts that other refs have fixed games?

brainfreeze
    Meaning

I don't have to prove anything, go back through this thread for all the fun little factoids. If you think it's all legit, so be it.

upscope
    upscope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6685

unbiased observation:

Cane just politely keeps asking for facts & Brainfart keeps promising facts exist but continues to dodge revealing those facts.
    Brainfart getting buried in this debate.

cane

I don't have to prove anything, go back through this thread for all the fun little factoids. If you think it's all legit, so be it.
    There isn't anything in this thread that proves any other refs were ever involved in fixing games. Just conspiracy theorists like yourself who think that just because there are some bad calls in a game, that automatically means the game is fixed. So, I'll ask you yet again, please provide me with some actual proof of a ref fixing games. And by proof, I don't mean the whack jobs posting in this thread, I mean real actual proof. Take as much time as you need, do however much research you want, then come back and show me the proof, until then, you're just another conspiracy kook.

cane

Quote Originally Posted by upscope View Post
    unbiased observation:

Cane just politely keeps asking for facts & Brainfart keeps promising facts exist but continues to dodge revealing those facts.
    Brainfart getting buried in this debate.
    Thanks Upscope. The conspiracy theorists treat facts the way Superman treats kryptonite, they stay faaaaaar away.

SpreadSniper
    SpreadSniper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7261

Name:  beat-a-dead-horse-award.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  55.6 KB

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

if there is one main thing to glean from this thread: all sports is fixed.

we done.

akphidelt
    akphidelt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 640

I'm not saying their actors playing in a script produced by the NBA. I'm saying I've seen way crazier things then a game being rigged.

To call people dumb is just being dismissive. Argue the point please, so 1 ref in the nba fixed 1 game in the umpteen years of league history?? You don't believe that.. But if you do, It's where Amazing happens!
    I'm under the opinion that you have a high likelihood of being caught if you try it, so Donaghy is that one exception. And the information he provided gave absolutely nothing in terms of the NBA or Vegas being involved to rig basketball games. He actually gave very little towards the conspiracy theorists other than he was a degenerate gambler and gave information to some low level local gamblers. He didn't even have connections with high end Vegas shadowy figures. Just chubby gamblers probably running shop from a local bar, lol.

The logistics just aren't there to rig basketball games.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13266

Quote Originally Posted by 44 Mag View Post
    FOR THE LAST TIME, WILL SOMEBODY PLEASE END THIS STUPID USELESS THREAD!!!! PLEASE!!!!
    PLEASE!!!! END THIS STUPID THREAD!!!! NOBODY CARES ANYMORE AND IT COMES POPPING UP!!!! WTF.

brainfreeze
    Meaning

I just think that if it was always real, it wouldn't be fun. The fun little statistics on batting averages, shooting averages and such, people wouldn't care. The better team would always win and this isn't the case. As for me seeing in O 207.5 and the point hits 207 or 208 is just ridiculous. How can you call out a number and that exact number hits night in and night out, same thing with spread. Dont tell me its been computer analyzed and those are the numbers for these 2 teams in this matchup. I still place bets because its "entertaining" Call me what you want just don't call me for fronts. I'm also supposed to believe no one ever took a drop in boxing as well? If you want to know so bad show up to your local mafia country club and ask for a invite to bingo & NBA rig night.

sballen
    sballen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2274

I just think that if it was always real, it wouldn't be fun. The fun little statistics on batting averages, shooting averages and such, people wouldn't care. The better team would always win and this isn't the case. As for me seeing in O 207.5 and the point hits 207 or 208 is just ridiculous. How can you call out a number and that exact number hits night in and night out, same thing with spread. Dont tell me its been computer analyzed and those are the numbers for these 2 teams in this matchup. I still place bets because its "entertaining" Call me what you want just don't call me for fronts. I'm also supposed to believe no one ever took a drop in boxing as well? If you want to know so bad show up to your local mafia country club and ask for a invite to bingo & NBA rig night.
    This might be the stupidest comment I've read on this entire thread. So no fixing equates to the better team always winning and averages always hitting exactly? Lmao, guess you never played sports growing up or ever took any basic stat classes. You sound dumber and dumber with each post.

James Marques

Since 2003 (again, when they switched to all seven game series) and including this year's conference finals games, the NBA has played 1009 playoff games. The maximum possible number of games that could have been played is 1253 (11 years x 15 series x 7 games + 14 series x 7 games). That yields an average playoff series length of 5.64 games.

Now let's compare that to theoreticals. Operating under the assumption of home court advantage, a series should end in a sweep 12.3% of the time, in 5 games 27.0%, in 6 games 30.3%, and in 7 games 30.1%. Applying these numbers to just shy of 12 years of playoff games yields the following: 22 sweeps, 48.3 series ending in 5, 54.2 series ending in 6, and 53.9 series ending in 7 games. Multiply each by its respective number of games, and you're left with 1032.3 expected games played. Divide that by the total number of series played, and you're left with the expected value of games played per NBA playoff series. That number is 5.76, just slightly larger than our 5.64 measured value since 2003.

So, in short, if the NBA is rigging games to extend playoff series... they're doing a pretty shitty job at it.

Source: WhoWins dot com for the historical series win/loss records.
    Last edited by James Marques; 06-02-14 at 03:53 PM.

James Marques

This logic is laughable. Do some research into John Hollinger's basketball statistics. You'll see real quick why you can hit totals right on the head. Point spreads are based simply on win probability. Just a line off a chart. They add a little vig to it, and they could care less how you bet it. The fact that the lines are sharp is because they have to be... otherwise any idiot with a calculator and a pen could expose them. But keep believing in conspiracies and crying over lost hooks. Just makes it easier for everyone else.

brainfreeze
    Meaning

Quote Originally Posted by James Marques View Post
    This logic is laughable. Do some research into John Hollinger's basketball statistics. You'll see real quick why you can hit totals right on the head. Point spreads are based simply on win probability. Just a line off a chart. They add a little vig to it, and they could care less how you bet it. The fact that the lines are sharp is because they have to be... otherwise any idiot with a calculator and a pen could expose them. But keep believing in conspiracies and crying over lost hooks. Just makes it easier for everyone else.
    Not crying, just don't get it. What if L. James had a bad month, how does that get calculated in to the next game? This conspiracy is laughable to me, much bigger problems then a rigged game. You can bet your bottom dollar on that. Eddy money is the closest I come to agreeing with your side. I think he knows more then he leads y'all to believe. Next question, has a boxer ever taken a dive?

brainfreeze
    Meaning

There will always be fixing and cheating, says who? That ref, lance Armstrong, mark McGwire, boxers taking dives and so on. This is on paper for you to look at that is documented. Well you've seen lightening strike all your life so now you can statistically tell me where it's going to strike again...doubt it

sballen

Not crying, just don't get it. What if L. James had a bad month, how does that get calculated in to the next game? This conspiracy is laughable to me, much bigger problems then a rigged game. You can bet your bottom dollar on that. Eddy money is the closest I come to agreeing with your side. I think he knows more then he leads y'all to believe. Next question, has a boxer ever taken a dive?
    If you can't figure out how a bad (or good, or average, etc) month (or week, or day, etc) gets calculated into statistics then you my friend are truly lost. I didn't realize how elementary your understanding truly was until your recent posts, thus I will not be dignifying your idiocy with any more responses. Google and school are your friends, try using them.

brainfreeze
    Meaning

Ok baller, ... Sucker, gambling in general for suckers!! If you don't play pool, throw darts or play cards..something... Your lost!! You just keep adding your statistics. Gl

brainfreeze
    Meaning

Your a numbers guy baller, you must believe the Big Bang theory and everything any Darwinist told you because it's fact..right? ...wake up already

and the earth and sun are a zillion years old and we were monkeys in a past life.
    The billion dollar question, is the monetary system rigged? Why did we leave gold behind when it's worked for 1000s of years? Will are dollar be like the mark in 1940s Germany, where marks were used for stove fire. I need one of you number guys with a CPA to go knock on the fed. Reserves door and ask for a audit please.
    Fight and call people dumb for stupid things but when it effects your own future, could care less right?
    Last edited by brainfreeze; 06-02-14 at 05:12 PM.

James Marques

Your a numbers guy baller, you must believe the Big Bang theory and everything any Darwinist told you because it's fact..right? ...wake up already

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

There was a time on another site i tried to help a few mental midgets on the fix angle. I named players on the take and showed them how they do it on certain games. I always said the refs were dirty. Sure enuf one gets pinched and i think just maybe, people will wake up. A guy actually wrote a post on how people should apologize to me. What happen? David Stern come out and say's it was just one refs and people actually bought it . They got caught red handed here in Pa fixing the lottery with the ping pong balls. People still play it tho. This is what we have here. America the land of the gullible. Oh and yes five straight weeks on another site i said who would win in the nfl and which players would mysteriously forget how to play. I was right five straight weeks. People said i just got lucky . To the guys who think something shady happens from time to time make sure u take down the names of the biggest supporters of legit sports. Put these guys in ur fav places and look to fade them on big money games. These are just unreachable people.

brainfreeze
    Meaning

If its all based on math and statistics, then why can't a computer tell me the outcome of every game or boxing match? Fouls, injury, off-nights, greed, and money that's why. Factor that in ball boy.

brainfreeze
    Meaning

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    There was a time on another site i tried to help a few mental midgets on the fix angle. I named players on the take and showed them how they do it on certain games. I always said the refs were dirty. Sure enuf one gets pinched and i think just maybe, people will wake up. A guy actually wrote a post on how people should apologize to me. What happen? David Stern come out and say's it was just one refs and people actually bought it . They got caught red handed here in Pa fixing the lottery with the ping pong balls. People still play it tho. This is what we have here. America the land of the gullible. Oh and yes five straight weeks on another site i said who would win in the nfl and which players would mysteriously forget how to play. I was right five straight weeks. People said i just got lucky . To the guys who think something shady happens from time to time make sure u take down the names of the biggest supporters of legit sports. Put these guys in ur fav places and look to fade them on big money games. These are just unreachable people.

Its where Amazing happens!

James Marques

If its all based on math and statistics, then why can't a computer tell me the outcome of every game or boxing match? Fouls, injury, off-nights, greed, and money that's why. Factor that in ball boy.
    Another victim derailed by the variance train. If you cannot understand variance, you have no place in betting sports. None whatsoever.

I'm over the Special Olympians in this thread. Keep on tossing your unit bombs and crying over fixed games. One day you'll see the light.
    Last edited by James Marques; 06-02-14 at 06:26 PM.

brainfreeze
    Meaning

Probability theory?... It's a theory..I understand you have to give a point and so on, but how is it spot on? You said earlier its sharp so every Tom, dik, and Harry can't break. How? I told you I like bball and football, so I watch and sometimes bet, to make watching entertaining.

sballen

Quote Originally Posted by James Marques View Post
    Another victim derailed by the variance train. If you cannot understand variance, you have no place in betting sports. None whatsoever.

I'm over the Special Olympians in this thread. Keep on tossing your unit bombs and crying over fixed games. One day you'll see the light.
    That guy is too funny. He claims rig since cpu models dont predict it exactly but also claims rig when a game ends up right at the projected total. He probably doesn't think variance is even in the English dictionary.

First ... 2122232425 Last