BadNina's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13869

Thanks Archie. That means a lot.

masquer
    masquer's Avatar Become A Pro!

thanks

Jonah
    Jonah's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'll maybe have a blog about this before it is all said and done, but Alabama is very beatable and Texas is kind of garbage...I wish they were playing a complete team...Very few of them this year, but can I get a QB, a RB or two, a half decent line and then at least two good to great receivers...This is why I like TCU...and Boise State for that matter.

Bottom line, this whole year I have believed Texas has one dynamic game in them and Lord knows we have not seen that yet.

tblues2005
    tblues2005's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7184

Quote Originally Posted by BadNina View Post
    Wile, I get what you are saying in regards to the recruiting stats. But that is a lot like NFL draft picks. Just cause a player is listed high doesn't mean the performance is there. Shoot, look at Cory Reamer on Bama's defense. Nick Saban said coming in that he didn't think Reamer would ever play. But the kid worked hard and now he is a started. Look at all the walk ons. Some of those highly touted recruits end up not being able to deal with the academics. That said, I expect it to be a hard hitting, exciting game.

TLTaylor, just admit that you are a Barner. Your jealousy is showing. You said the exact same things last week. All you are doing is copying/pasting your comments and changing Florida to Texas.
    Your right Bad Nina. It sounds like he is mad that he lost last week with his Florida. I am just being honest and saying the facts here that Alabama proved to me against Florida that they are a very good team. Well coached and well prepared against Florida. I expect the same in the Championship game is a very well coached team that will play very tough against Texas. I think it comes down to turnovers in this game and Alabama is very good at getting turnovers. I have seen it in many games this season where Alabama got turnovers to give them an edge against teams. Texas is a good team tltaylor no doubt. You don't go unbeaten and not be a good team. These are two very good teams that are playing each other in this Championship game. I do think that Alabama has the edge here because of their defense which is very good. In fact they said that 8 of the 11 players on that defense could be 1st round draft picks in the NFL. I believe that their defense could even play some NFL teams and play that well also. They are that good of a unit. I will be playing with Alabama in that game even though I do have both teams on a future bet that I got both of them at +300 earlier in the year so I do win both ways here. I just think Alabama has the edge here from what I seen when Texas played Nebraska. Alabama has defensive ends like Nebraska had and they can stop the run just like Nebraska did. Nebraska put pressure on the QB and that is what Alabama could do also just like they did to Florida. tltaylor this game could be very good if there is no turnovers on either side but I think it just comes down to who gets the turnovers and cashes in on those turnovers in this game. Neither one of these teams are that much better than the other team. There is an awful lot of talent on either side here. I am sure that NFL scouts will be at this game to find out what quality players that these two have. You could see plenty of these players playing that night going into the NFL next season. It sure is going to be a very interesting game.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

What is with you people and wagering points? I thought you people were gamblers, but obviously I was wrong. Texas people, put your money (not points) where your mouth is. I heard the same caca out of you last year with OU. The Big 12 is not close to being as good a conference as the SEC. Texas has absolutely no running attack at all, so the 'Bama defense will just tee off on Pretty Boy McCoy. He is going to get his tail handed to him. The line is 'BAma -4.5 in Vegas as of now. Off shore books are strictly for amateurs, so I go by the Vegas line. Put up or shut up Texas fans. Let's see if any of you have a pair. How much do you want to wager, and do not give me this points caca.

Pensinger1
    Pensinger1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Just fade whoever wins the Heisman.

2008: Oklahoma QB Sam Bradford Lost 24-14 to Florida in the BCS National Championship Game.

2007: Florida QB Tim Tebow Lost 41-35 to Michigan in the Capital One Bowl.

2006: Ohio State QB Troy Smith Lost 41-14 to Florida in the BCS National Championship Game.

2005: USC RB Reggie Bush Lost 41-38 to Texas in the Rose Bowl.

2004: USC QB Matt Leinart Won 55-19 over Oklahoma in the Orange Bowl.

2003: Oklahoma QB Jason White Lost 21-14 to LSU in the Sugar Bowl.

2002: USC QB Carson Palmer Won 38-17 over Iowa in the Orange Bowl.

2001: Nebraska QB Eric Crouch Lost 37-14 to Miami in the Rose Bowl.

2000: Florida State QB Chris Weinke Lost 13-2 to Oklahoma in the Orange Bowl.

Moonpie0954
    Moonpie0954's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 242

Good stat Pensinger

tblues2005
    tblues2005's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7184

Something to think about here.

BadNina
    I did troubles!!

not necessarily. The Heissman is obviously an individual award while championships are won by teams. But that doesn't mean the award doesn't mean something to the whole team.

WileOut
    WileOut's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

Quote Originally Posted by BadNina View Post
    Wile, I get what you are saying in regards to the recruiting stats. But that is a lot like NFL draft picks. Just cause a player is listed high doesn't mean the performance is there. Shoot, look at Cory Reamer on Bama's defense. Nick Saban said coming in that he didn't think Reamer would ever play. But the kid worked hard and now he is a started. Look at all the walk ons. Some of those highly touted recruits end up not being able to deal with the academics. That said, I expect it to be a hard hitting, exciting game.

TLTaylor, just admit that you are a Barner. Your jealousy is showing. You said the exact same things last week. All you are doing is copying/pasting your comments and changing Florida to Texas.
    Sorry Nina, went to bed and didn't see your reply until now. I also expect it to be a close game. Alabama could easily win this game.

With that being said, the reason I like Texas in this game is because Texas has a very big advantage in the passing game. I think Texas will move the ball on Alabama through the air and make some big offensive plays. I also know that Texas matches up physically with Alabama. Texas gets some of the best players in the nation, just like Alabama does. In the end, in my humble opinion, I think McCoy will win the game for Texas. So I am taking Texas plus the points. Because of this, it would be wise now for everyone to take Alabama minus the points

I know you are a big Alabama fan Nina and good luck in the game. It won't hurt my feelings if Alabama wins, I am a huge SEC fan (Georgia to be specific, but pull for SEC as a whole too). Good luck. I will bump this thread when the game is over either way.

Moonpie0954

I agree the hiesman is a individual award, but it can effect the team when ur team is always answering questions about it and its hanging over ur team like that. I say its just as much as a destraction as a coach always having to answer the question are they staying or going. Ive found that history is consistent but im not saying this means if Ingram wins Bama loses or same with McCoy. But this is def something to keep in mind you cant dismiss this stat its to one sided theres something to this for sure. 7out last 9yrs hiesman trophy winners team has lost

tltaylor89
    FVn=S(1+c)n
    tltaylor89's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bama will get the heisman

Jasonal_98
    Jasonal_98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 237

Let's say we do buy the Heisman Curse if Ingram wins. . .here's the difference: Bama has 3 other backs they could go to if Ingram has a down game.

Saban will not allow the Heisman (if it goes to Ingram, which I don't think it will) to be a distraction.

tltaylor89
    FVn=S(1+c)n

Youre 3 other backs cannot produce what Ingram has thus making you very predictable to pass

Serbone
    Serbone's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by mmike032 View Post
    Texas would be a middle of the pack SEC team
    Agree... this yr, anyway.

HoldEmHook!!
    BAMA 70 Auburn 0
    HoldEmHook!!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

Quote Originally Posted by tltaylor89 View Post
    Bama will get the heisman
    No worries....No worries.......Ingram wins the Heisman=bad luck, Bama going for unlucky #13, A negative+negative=a possitive.......Woooo Hooooo......They cancel each other out.....Winner, Winner, chicken dinner.

Moonpie0954

I think Gerhart wins it

BadNina
    I did troubles!!

Youre 3 other backs cannot produce what Ingram has thus making you very predictable to pass
    Silly Barner. The two games that Ingram didn't get 100 yards, Richardson out rushed him. Shoot, even Ingram will tell you that he thinks Richardson is better. Bama goes 5 deep on RBs.

Moonpie0954

Bama goes 3 deep with upchurch getting a few carries a game depending on whether there up. If u mean they have 5rbs on the depth chart then u would be correct. But dont get carried away.

BadNina
    I did troubles!!

Terry Grant was the starter last year prior to getting hurt. He is the 4th. Goode is the 5th. Not getting carried away at all.

Moonpie0954

OK look at the stats they dont have many carries at all and they ones Grant and Goode have r againist scrubs...Niether will have a carry vrs Texas take that 2 the bank

BadNina
    I did troubles!!

Grant has been out with an abdominal strain. Otherwise, he would have played. He also plays on special teams and has great hands in receiving the ball out of the backfield, Moonie. My point being that Bama can go 5 deep in RB if need be. There are teams that would love to have Bama's backup RBs as their starters. Same as teams would have Brantley as their starting QB if they could.

Moonpie0954

I agree....This has nothing to do with football but a girl that knows her stuff about sports is hott as hell.

tltaylor89
    FVn=S(1+c)n

Texas wins this one big tonight

Pensinger1
    Pensinger1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Texas wins this one big tonight

First 1234