brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

Quote Originally Posted by boeing power View Post
    Agree

Any owner that supports Sterling will lose his sponsors and black players.
    Hmm so Cuban's black players must be planning their protest as we speak?

jbart28
    MAGA KAG
    jbart28's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    i know. I am a black man and this is complete bullshit!

what the fukk is happening to our country?

whatever happened to freedom of speech? And this was a private conversation in his own fukking house.

It is what it is i guess. I dont care b/c it doesnt affect me but damn... what happened to the constitutional rights?
    It does affect you.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    Easily?

Wealthy people don't get there by being stupid like the majority of the public. If the public was making the vote, then sure it would stand a chance. With intelligent, wealthy owners, not going to happen.

Think of it like this.

If Obama vs Romney was determined by fortune 500 CEO's and not the stupid general public, who would be the obvious winner?
    Don't you have a KKK meeting to go to or something?
    Points Awarded:

InTheDrink gave LT Profits 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

brooks85

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    You can't have an openly racist owner in an 80% black league. Yes, everyone is entitled to their views and free to express them, but when those views conflict with the business you run, you better find something else to do.
    Where in the recording did he say anything remotely related to what people are accusing him of?

Take your time but not to long, since you won't find anything.

Guinser
    Guinser's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

He will definitely get the 75% support to evict him..no question

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    Fringe racists should learn which battles to fight....Defending a scumbag like Sterling here makes you look really stupid to most of the civilized world
    I think that fringe racists like myself aren't defending the fact that he's a scumbag, just that he shouldn't be punished for his scumbag thoughts in the privacy of his home.

Time is Money
    Time is Money's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6389

Hmm so Cuban's black players must be planning their protest as we speak?
    http://mavsblog.dallasnews.com/2014/...nishment.html/

Cuban isn't in support of Sterling

You think NBA Owners aren't gonna vote to terminate this joker?

Your avatar speaks volumes, you're probably an ignorant southerner who's all salty Sterling is gonna get the ax.

You mad bro
    You mad bro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -23

A white person voices their opinion and gets absolutely destroyed for it but when someone of color voices theirs it's like nothing was ever said.

LT Profits

Where in the recording did he say anything remotely related to what people are accusing him of?

Take your time but not to long, since you won't find anything.
    The recording was just the final straw, look at his past. Call the banning a Lifetime Achievement Award.

brooks85

lol he didnt even say anything racist... I would have no problem admitting if he did. No where in his tapes, unless I missed a part which is entirely possible, did he say he doesn't like black people or want black people at his games. People just want a reason to jump like the trained monkeys they are.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Blacks and gays are put on a pedestal. If MJ had said something about whites like Don, NBA players would have his back and nothing would come of it. I don't agree with don though I believe you should be able to have your own opinion in your own home without persecution. I hate what society is becoming.

brooks85

The recording was just the final straw, look at his past. Call the banning a Lifetime Achievement Award.
    Yet, black players had no problem for the past 2 decades playing for him. Hypocrisy. And the main reason they had no problem.. because they had no idea of his history just like 99% of the people who got upset when they heard this audio. It had nothing to do with his past, solely the media turning a relationship argument into a racial battle so you would jump on command. Good boy, now go get your treat.

BCC585
    BCC585's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1206

Everyone involved is benefiting from this reality/tv-show type story of reckless rich people.

Sterling still walks away rich and with a profit when he sells the Clippers.
    Magic Johnson will probably buy the team for his LA sports empire.
    His mistress got the attention she wanted, probably will end up with a show.
    NBA got a boost of TV viewers for playoffs.
    The media like ESPN has a controversial story to shove down the viewers' mouths.

we the public, are left here bitching about racism when these people had no effect in our daily lives before this reckless incident.

God Bless America

mcdonae101
    mcdonae101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2617

Don't you have a KKK meeting to go to or something?
    Waiting on the grand wizard to show, can't start without him
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: stealthyburrito

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    I think that fringe racists like myself aren't defending the fact that he's a scumbag, just that he shouldn't be punished for his scumbag thoughts in the privacy of his home.
    If he isn't punished, it is a disaster for the league...Do you not see this?

If he was a great guy who made one mistake I would feel bad as well...but that is far from the case here....Just do some research on Sterling...He's a POS who deserves to finally get hit where it hurts

wikkidinsane
    wikkidinsane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Quote Originally Posted by You mad bro View Post
    If a black owner said racist things would everyone blow it up like they're doing now? Doubt it.
    It wouldnt have been blown up as much because the action would have been so swift he would have been out in half a day max

importmoon
    happiness is a warm gun
    importmoon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4806

Quote Originally Posted by GUMMO77 View Post
    The fuk

You mad bro
    You mad bro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -23

STERLING FOR PRESIDENT....

someone had to say it

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Idiots saying he won't get voted out read the article on ESPN.com with some of the owners' reactions....It's a fukkin lock you fools

importmoon
    happiness is a warm gun

It's all bout economic Sponsors Rule in a real world...money talks..

TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

Look they had to do this based on the precedent set

Kobe Bryant was sued for rape which was settled out of court and was caught on tape using homophobic slurs

Oh wait he is still a hero in the league making millions

Nevermind, carry on

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    If he isn't punished, it is a disaster for the league...Do you not see this?

If he was a great guy who made one mistake I would feel bad as well...but that is far from the case here....Just do some research on Sterling...He's a POS who deserves to finally get hit where it hurts
    I see that, just hate that it's the only option in society today.

LT Profits

Yet, black players had no problem for the past 2 decades playing for him. Hypocrisy. And the main reason they had no problem.. because they had no idea of his history just like 99% of the people who got upset when they heard this audio. It had nothing to do with his past, solely the media turning a relationship argument into a racial battle so you would jump on command. Good boy, now go get your treat.
    A lot from his past was just brought back up after this latest incident. Many of not most of the blacks that signed with him in the past did not even know about his past history.

wikkidinsane

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Blacks and gays are put on a pedestal. If MJ had said something about whites like Don, NBA players would have his back and nothing would come of it. I don't agree with don though I believe you should be able to have your own opinion in your own home without persecution. I hate what society is becoming.
    Lets be honest, MJ issue would have been GLOBAL as opposed to more national for Sterling . This is a new age. Intolerance of Racists is global now and racist fuks cant hide behind their words forever (only on SBR)

wikkidinsane

A lot from his past was just brought back up after this latest incident. Many of not most of the blacks that signed with him in the past did not even know about his past history.

true that

Fred The Hammer
    Fred The Hammer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8401

Easily?

Wealthy people don't get there by being stupid like the majority of the public. If the public was making the vote, then sure it would stand a chance. With intelligent, wealthy owners, not going to happen.

Think of it like this.

If Obama vs Romney was determined by fortune 500 CEO's and not the stupid general public, who would be the obvious winner?

What if states could vote on who could be in and who couldn't? The whole penetrating south would get kicked out and we'd go back to 37 stars or whatever. The only thing the south leads America in is obesity and shitty test scores

brooks85

exactly.... lol

Yet, now they are upset and he didn't even say anything racist or remotely related to what he is being criticized for.

LT Profits

It seems brook expanded his post while I was responding, it originally ended with "Hypocrisy."

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    I see that, just hate that it's the only option in society today.
    Fair enough but even Sterling said it himself on those tapes...We have to live by today's culture...Pretty ironic

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party
    stealthyburrito's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12025

Yeah he is out.

Another thing to consider is Silver would have no intention of voting Sterling out if he didn't have confidence that the owners are backing him. His reputation/credibility is at stake.

No doubt at the very least he has polled some owners on how they feel about the vote.

brooks85

Quote Originally Posted by Fred The Hammer View Post
    What if states could vote on who could be in and who couldn't? The whole penetrating south would get kicked out and we'd go back to 37 stars or whatever. The only thing the south leads America in is obesity and shitty test scores
    ... lol do I really even need to respond?

importmoon
    happiness is a warm gun

Quote Originally Posted by BCC585 View Post
    Everyone involved is benefiting from this reality/tv-show type story of reckless rich people.

Sterling still walks away rich and with a profit when he sells the Clippers.
    Magic Johnson will probably buy the team for his LA sports empire.
    His mistress got the attention she wanted, probably will end up with a show.
    NBA got a boost of TV viewers for playoffs.
    The media like ESPN has a controversial story to shove down the viewers' mouths.

we the public, are left here bitching about racism when these people had no effect in our daily lives before this reckless incident.

God Bless America

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by You mad bro View Post
    A white person voices their opinion and gets absolutely destroyed for it but when someone of color voices theirs it's like nothing was ever said.
    Why was Riley Cooper not banned from the NFL for saying the N-Word?

brooks85

It seems brook expanded his post while I was responding, it originally ended with "Hypocrisy."
    and now you just realized you proved my point huh?

lol weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

LT Profits

exactly.... lol

Yet, now they are upset and he didn't even say anything racist or remotely related to what he is being criticized for.
    Because when you add in the what is "new old" information, the accumulation of events makes his racism obvious.

First 1234567 ... Last