Betpoints: 10

Mark your going down the tubes with substance abuse

No need to do it
    Waste of time and money

GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN
    GiveMeaBJ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 335

I did not spend a dollar on booze. Spent 5 on a xanax. I can't smoke weed for another month and don't do other drugs. Give me a god damn break MJ.

GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN

Season: 35-36 (-7.48)

Back to write ups.

Braves +138 (1x)
    Braves Team Total o3 -125 (1x)
    Atlanta is in the midst of a four game winning streak after blowing a late lead last night only to have Dan Uggla's grand slam put them back on top. This line has oddly risen from an early opener of +120 all the way to near +140. The Braves are obviously the better team here but will have to oppose Cliff Lee. They have seen a ton of Lee over the last several years and he has built a pedestrian 6-5 record in those starts. But, as the great SBR capper stevenash mentioned before his last start Cliff Lee just seems to be missing something. He has given up 29 hits in 18 innings which is a crazy high number. He still isn't walking anybody and keeping most of those balls in the yard but he seems to have lost something on his pitches. Not much to say about Hale here as this play is more of a fade on Lee but I did watch his first two starts and while they were brief he did show the ability to be successful in the bigs. The Braves are mashing the ball at a rate that has racked up 40 runs in their last six games, none of which they have scored under four runs. Seems like a bad spot for Lee to be putting people on base against against a team with a lot of power

GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN

Athletics +100 (1x)
    Blue Jays -120 (1x)
    Rays -105 (1x)
    Cardinals 1st 5 +0.5 -130 (1x)

RollinDo
    Pickin' up Momentum with every lost Bet!
    RollinDo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5251

I went 2-0 last night with my Under leans...barely hit both. I have a strong Under play for tonight...just hoping Ventura will be on tonight again to follow up his debut.
    Houston Astros (Under 3.5 run total) Houston last year was terrible vs righties and no different this year so far. I see them getting 3 at most tonight. KC's pen is 2nd best in majors.

My 2nd top play is Oakland vs Angels (Under 4.5 -1st 5 innings)
    Both starters have been stellar, though both have struggled vs opposition in short past. Hope they put that behind them.
    Straily (Oak) in last 10 games has not allowed more than 3 runs...worth a shot maybe.
    Last edited by RollinDo; 04-15-14 at 11:43 AM.

RollinDo

Cards tonight? What am I missing? I think Milwaukee gets payback here. Miller is bad on the road. Why are you going with Cards? Just curious. You must have a reason. I'm usually on the wrong side anyways in mlb and nhl, so maybe just fade the teams I pick.
    Last edited by RollinDo; 04-15-14 at 11:44 AM.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!

Giver you will be down 30 units or so before its all over although that is most guys

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

Detroit Tigers RL tonight....also OVER 8 in Blue Jays - Twins game.

RollinDo

My only Under play for tonight will be Houston (Under 3.5)
    Just don't know what to expect from Straily and Richards who have both been shaky vs respective teams.

GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN

Quote Originally Posted by RollinDo View Post
    I went 2-0 last night with my Under leans...barely hit both. I have a strong Under play for tonight...just hoping Ventura will be on tonight again to follow up his debut.
    Houston Astros (Under 3.5 run total) Houston last year was terrible vs righties and no different this year so far. I see them getting 3 at most tonight. KC's pen is 2nd best in majors.

Both starters have been stellar, though both have struggled vs opposition in short past. Hope they put that behind them.
    Straily (Oak) in last 10 games has not allowed more than 3 runs...worth a shot maybe.
    I do love Ventura and that under play seems right. I just can't back him yet, I have only seen the kid pitch once. I want to see a little more before I trust him. I also don't mind that first five under. I just really like Oak's matchup here and would rather back the Oak team. I am confident in Straily.

Cards tonight? What am I missing? I think Milwaukee gets payback here. Miller is bad on the road. Why are you going with Cards? Just curious. You must have a reason. I'm usually on the wrong side anyways in mlb and nhl, so maybe just fade the teams I pick.
    I decided to play the cards here because after backing the Brew last night I realized that the Cards just own this team. Let's be real they are better, Brew were hot but Cards are better. Take a look at Millers numbers last year in four starts vs the Brewers (3 on the road). All were Cardinal wins and were well pitched games. I think runs could be at a premium here and the half run just looks appealing to me in a game that could be 0-0 or 1-1 or 2-2 by the end of 5. Also for as bad as Miller was on the road Estrada was worse at home. Don't think that split means much over the course of one year but still should be noted.

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Giver you will be down 30 units or so before its all over although that is most guys
    At this rate I'm lucky if I make it to the end of baseball season with any units left. I am just glad this is my smalles sport unit wise. I am gaining confidence the more I watch and should be getting back into the swing of things. If I'm wrong things could get ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by NYSportsGuy210 View Post
    Detroit Tigers RL tonight....also OVER 8 in Blue Jays - Twins game.
    Like the over, Detroit game PPD along with Braves....

My only Under play for tonight will be Houston (Under 3.5)
    Just don't know what to expect from Straily and Richards who have both been shaky vs respective teams.
    I will keep an eye on this. Like I said want to see more of the kid. Will be rooting for you from a fantasy baseball stand point though.

GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN

Athletics +100 (1x)
    Blue Jays -120 (1x)
    Cardinals 1st 5 +0.5 -130 (1x)

Due to rainout/scratch starters these are the only plays standing.

GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN

Wednesday

Reds -124 (1x)
    A real good price to back Cueto here. Liriano/Cueto is a very fair match-up but a few things stick out to me here. Cueto has been pitching very good to start the year but has a 0-2 record next to his name thanks to a lack of run support. Despite putting in three starts all of seven innings and allowing two runs or less the Reds are just 0-3 in those games. Before being roughed up in last years infamous wildcard game by the Pirates, you know the ones where the fans actually got into Cueto's head with CUEEEEETO chants, the guy has been very strong against these Bucs. 8 innings of 1 hit ball last year, what appeared to be another gem spoiled by an injury, The last time Cueto allowed 4 to the Bucs in a regular season affair? Oct 3, 2009. Liriano meanwhile after striking out 10 Cubs in six innings on opening day has struggled a bit in his past two starts. My fantasy team has suffered. Since joining the Bucs they are 0-4 in regular season games against the Reds in which he starts. With the Reds seeming to find their stroke this is a good spot to back Cueto at a discount in my opinion.

GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN

Well it appeared the KC kid is for real now. I am impressed.

RollinDo

Yeah, didn't get to see him yet.
    Hope some people took my play tonight. I told you I'd let you know when I have a strong Under play.
    Tomorrow will have a couple...one involves Pirates - Reds afternoon tilt...was going for Under 7, But leaning more to Pirates (Under 3.5)...If available, but might be 3.

GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN

Yeah, didn't get to see him yet.
    Hope some people took my play tonight. I told you I'd let you know when I have a strong Under play.
    Tomorrow will have a couple...one involves Pirates - Reds afternoon tilt...was going for Under 7, But leaning more to Pirates (Under 3.5)...If available, but might be 3.
    I was looking at this too. Looks strong to me at first glance. Have to be up early though. Check back in morning if you find anything good.

RollinDo

I would think Pirates total will be 3...If it's set at 3.5, that will be a gift and I'll be jumping on that!
    Also the Oakland - Angels game pits 2 lefties who have been decent to start season...Neither team hits lefties well. Under 4.5 - 1st 5 may be my 3rd strongest Under play...you probably know my strongest just checking the pitching match-ups for tomorrow...I am aware of some past struggles for these Aces vs the teams they'll be facing, but this has pitcher's duel written all over it and should be a dandy!

dollarperhead
    dollarperhead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Interesting conversation.............

GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN

Tuesday: 3-0 (+3.00)
    Season: 38-36 (-4.48)

GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN

Rays -105 (1x)
    Reds -112 (1x)
    Brewers -109 (1x)
    Braves +115 (1x)
    Marlins -133 (1x)
    Royals -115 (1x)
    Blue Jays/Twins o8 +100 (2x)

GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN

I would think Pirates total will be 3...If it's set at 3.5, that will be a gift and I'll be jumping on that!
    Also the Oakland - Angels game pits 2 lefties who have been decent to start season...Neither team hits lefties well. Under 4.5 - 1st 5 may be my 3rd strongest Under play...you probably know my strongest just checking the pitching match-ups for tomorrow...I am aware of some past struggles for these Aces vs the teams they'll be facing, but this has pitcher's duel written all over it and should be a dandy!
    Pirates is 3. I hate betting under 3. A's/Angels looks interesting need to look more. I want to add that u3.5 1st 5 in Felix/Yu but I want your take first.

RollinDo

Quote Originally Posted by GiveMeaBJ View Post
    Pirates is 3. I hate betting under 3. A's/Angels looks interesting need to look more. I want to add that u3.5 1st 5 in Felix/Yu but I want your take first.
    Here's my take on that...and I've been on the wrong side before.
    I would go with Under 7. If King Felix has a bad innibg, as he's been prone to have in Texas, the total might be at 4 after. That's a loss. If it's at 3, well sorry, but even then it would mean pitchers are doing well and probably go 7 or 8 strong and you still have a great shot at the Under 7. It will take 8 total to lose and I don't see that happening.
    I am just going with Texas ML and Under 7. I was going with Seattle Under 3, but like you said, it very well may land on 3 and them you lose. Game could be 4-3 M's in extras or something or 4-3 Rangers. Or even 3-2 Mariners in which case you'd have a split.
    I'm hoping for like a 4-2 Rangers win and cash twice. I just wouldn't bet against Darvish at home..no matter who they play. I am a bit more concerned with King Felix ' s past in Texas than Darvish's mild trouble with Seattle, but M's are a different look that in past I think.

GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN

Here's my take on that...and I've been on the wrong side before.
    I would go with Under 7. If King Felix has a bad innibg, as he's been prone to have in Texas, the total might be at 4 after. That's a loss. If it's at 3, well sorry, but even then it would mean pitchers are doing well and probably go 7 or 8 strong and you still have a great shot at the Under 7. It will take 8 total to lose and I don't see that happening.
    I am just going with Texas ML and Under 7. I was going with Seattle Under 3, but like you said, it very well may land on 3 and them you lose. Game could be 4-3 M's in extras or something or 4-3 Rangers. Or even 3-2 Mariners in which case you'd have a split.
    I'm hoping for like a 4-2 Rangers win and cash twice. I just wouldn't bet against Darvish at home..no matter who they play. I am a bit more concerned with King Felix ' s past in Texas than Darvish's mild trouble with Seattle, but M's are a different look that in past I think.
    Yea man I just don't know. The reason I am hesitant to bet the 7 is because of the shenanigans that could be the 8th and 9th inning. Also Felix struggle vs Texas is valid but that could also be weakest hitting Texas team we have seen in years especially without Beltre. I don't know what to make of this Mariners team. They look so good then so bad. I don't know maybe it's best I just wait and see how this plays out. I have flip flopped here all morning which is never a good sign.

NYSportsGuy210

Yea man I just don't know. The reason I am hesitant to bet the 7 is because of the shenanigans that could be the 8th and 9th inning. Also Felix struggle vs Texas is valid but that could also be weakest hitting Texas team we have seen in years especially without Beltre. I don't know what to make of this Mariners team. They look so good then so bad. I don't know maybe it's best I just wait and see how this plays out. I have flip flopped here all morning which is never a good sign.
    If you flip flop it means you shouldn't make that particular bet. Sometimes it's just better to sit back....observe and use the information for future betting purposes.

GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN

If you flip flop it means you shouldn't make that particular bet. Sometimes it's just better to sit back....observe and use the information for future betting purposes.
    Exactly. It's not like I have been flp flop over and under its just been under or first 5. I am probably going to lay off, watch, and root for Rollin.

RollinDo

Yeah, that game in particular has me going around in circles.
    I think my strongest gut feeling is Rangers ML. I see what you mean about shenanigans that have been happening a ton in mlb in late innings this year. Both pens are decent and probably shouldn't get much action anyways tonight. I won't be able to live bet, so I'll put in my bets after this 1st game where I have Under 7. I like Reds too, but don't like betting 2x for 1 game too often.
    I usually lose my 1st bet of the day and then catch steam in the evening.

RollinDo

Exactly. It's not like I have been flp flop over and under its just been under or first 5. I am probably going to lay off, watch, and root for Rollin.
    Thanks man. I sat out on my POD yesterday as I saw better games today. I like Nats Under 3 runs too, but that's a tough # to hit, and it's -115 odds

NYSportsGuy210

Do you guys have any strong leans in NBA tonight?

GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN

Thanks man. I sat out on my POD yesterday as I saw better games today. I like Nats Under 3 runs too, but that's a tough # to hit, and it's -115 odds
    Yea I hate 3. Such a tough number. One swing and you are ******.

Do you guys have any strong leans in NBA tonight?
    I would not feel any sort of confidence sharing an NBA play with anyone tonight. No telling what will happen. I would guess a lot of overs and dogs on the ML.

jjgold

Giver how much you bet a game on average>

GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN

Giver how much you bet a game on average>
    Depends really. Anywhere from 1k-10k depending on how I feel that morning.

I guess the average of all my bets is somewhere around the $150 range...maybe? I don't know these units I post I don't stick to closely. A one unit play for me could be $50 or $100 or $75 depending on the day, where I'm playing it, if I'm up or down. I bet live a lot and those plays are very random anywhere from $25 to $200 depending on the odds. There really isn't an answer. On the Saturday of all the conference championship games I had over $1,000 on Auburn, $750 on Stanford, $250 on Stanford ML, and $600 on Ohio State. One day last week I was feeling so shitty about my baseball picks I just put in 6 plays for $40. I don't know if you ever feel inclined to ask on a specific play I will share. I can tell you today I have (to win) $150 on Reds and the rest for $75. But it all depends how many games I'm playing, where, and if I'm winning or losing.

RollinDo

Man, Cueto is mowing down batters...hope Liriano holds up on his end to get that Under.

GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN

Got to love Liriano. No hits, 1 run.

jjgold

Great detailed post

Good luck tonight

Depends really. Anywhere from 1k-10k depending on how I feel that morning.

I guess the average of all my bets is somewhere around the $150 range...maybe? I don't know these units I post I don't stick to closely. A one unit play for me could be $50 or $100 or $75 depending on the day, where I'm playing it, if I'm up or down. I bet live a lot and those plays are very random anywhere from $25 to $200 depending on the odds. There really isn't an answer. On the Saturday of all the conference championship games I had over $1,000 on Auburn, $750 on Stanford, $250 on Stanford ML, and $600 on Ohio State. One day last week I was feeling so shitty about my baseball picks I just put in 6 plays for $40. I don't know if you ever feel inclined to ask on a specific play I will share. I can tell you today I have (to win) $150 on Reds and the rest for $75. But it all depends how many games I'm playing, where, and if I'm winning or losing.

GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN

Great detailed post

Good luck tonight
    Glad you enjoyed it fucknut. You need my snow blower?

GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN

Wednesday: 3-2 (+1.77)
    Season: 41-38 (-2.71)

Royals -115 (1x)

A's +113 (1x)

First ... 2345678 ... Last