1. #71
    vividjohn45
    vividjohn45's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-21-10
    Posts: 6,331
    Betpoints: 168

    Quote Originally Posted by TeeRose View Post
    A perfect record doesn't mean shiit, I have more respect for a team with a 22-13 record playing quality teams then a team with a perfect record playing nobodies,
    Come on out Sb/hockers, time to play with the Big Boys
    dont lose lots of cash this tourney.

  2. #72
    texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-05-09
    Posts: 9,232
    Betpoints: 4787

    i said this awhile back in another thread. they would get the worst draw. they did. it's unmistakable. the committee will get them out early if they can. i will be rooting for them.

  3. #73
    LT Profits
    VIP Moderator
    LT Profits's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 10-27-06
    Posts: 90,568
    Betpoints: 66180

    Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    So Louisville hasn't really beaten anyone, but they're one of the best teams in the country right now.

    Wichita State hasn't really beaten anyone, but they are a total fraud and one of the weakest No. 1's ever despite returning virtually everyone from last year's FF team (including the most improved player in the country in Van Vleet).

    OK.
    Louisville is currently in the top two in the country in virtually all the reliable power ratings you can look at. Wichita State remains in the teens. Enough said!

  4. #74
    LT Profits
    VIP Moderator
    LT Profits's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 10-27-06
    Posts: 90,568
    Betpoints: 66180

    Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    So Louisville hasn't really beaten anyone, but they're one of the best teams in the country right now.

    Wichita State hasn't really beaten anyone, but they are a total fraud and one of the weakest No. 1's ever despite returning virtually everyone from last year's FF team (including the most improved player in the country in Van Vleet).

    OK.
    And also, as stated, Louisville would be -5 or -5.5 if they played the game right now. You are a "lines" guy, what does that tell you?

  5. #75
    LT Profits
    VIP Moderator
    LT Profits's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 10-27-06
    Posts: 90,568
    Betpoints: 66180

    Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Now they have much over ville in futures.

    Louisville is overrated.
    Everyone got better and they got worse just played crappy teams.
    Um no, they have streadily climbed the power ratings all year. As I said, they are #1 or #2 now on many of them. They are rated right, Michigan State might be a tad overrated as second or third choice, but that's understandable because most power ratings don't account for injuries, so Spartans should outperform their ratings. I am just not convinced they are at the same level as Louisville/Florida/Arizona.

  6. #76
    LT Profits
    VIP Moderator
    LT Profits's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 10-27-06
    Posts: 90,568
    Betpoints: 66180

    Butler was actually an 8-seed when they returned to the championship, so they would have been called a Cinderella team if not for the fact that they were there the previous year. Wichita State is a 1-seed, so it is a totally different mentality. Go back in time and look, mid-majors that go far in the tournament are almost always lower seeds, upper-seeded mid-majors almost never go as far as expected, apparently unable to handle the pressure of being "expected" to win vs. major conferences.

  7. #77

  8. #78
    LT Profits
    VIP Moderator
    LT Profits's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 10-27-06
    Posts: 90,568
    Betpoints: 66180

    GREAT piece.

    One oddsmaker said fielding the tournament needs to be taken out of the hands of the NCAA and decided by the people who track the game the closest/most accurately: Vegas bookmakers. - That would be great but it will never happen.

    The bookmakers' first fix to this field would be making defending champion Louisville a No. 1 seed. Avello expected to find the Cardinals on the No. 2 line Sunday, but called even that placement “a really big stretch.” He would currently favor Louisville in a game against any other team in the country, and said the Cardinals were assured to give points in every contest on their way to the Final Four.

  9. #79
    Reno_Thor
    Reno_Thor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-12-12
    Posts: 526
    Betpoints: 5246

    Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    GREAT piece.

    One oddsmaker said fielding the tournament needs to be taken out of the hands of the NCAA and decided by the people who track the game the closest/most accurately: Vegas bookmakers. - That would be great but it will never happen.

    The bookmakers' first fix to this field would be making defending champion Louisville a No. 1 seed. Avello expected to find the Cardinals on the No. 2 line Sunday, but called even that placement “a really big stretch.” He would currently favor Louisville in a game against any other team in the country, and said the Cardinals were assured to give points in every contest on their way to the Final Four.
    yeah, the line about having bookmakers set the tourney seeds made me laugh out loud. Brutally honest piece though, the committee really screwed the pooch this year and Wichita was the head pooch.

  10. #80
    cbiscuit
    cbiscuit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-14-07
    Posts: 633
    Betpoints: 1714

    Quote Originally Posted by vividjohn45 View Post
    I remember butler got creamed in the final. Bad mess.
    I remember Butler shooting a long 3 for the Championship.

  11. #81
    LT Profits
    VIP Moderator
    LT Profits's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 10-27-06
    Posts: 90,568
    Betpoints: 66180

    Quote Originally Posted by cbiscuit View Post
    I remember Butler shooting a long 3 for the Championship.
    That was first year vs. Duke. They were blown out next season only scoring around 40 points vs. UConn.

  12. #82
    cbiscuit
    cbiscuit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-14-07
    Posts: 633
    Betpoints: 1714

    Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    That was first year vs. Duke. They were blown out next season only scoring around 40 points vs. UConn.
    This is true but it is also semi-irrelevant. Of all the teams out there they managed to find a way back to the Champ. game LT. That says alot more than the mere fact that game became lopsided defeat.

  13. #83
    k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-16-10
    Posts: 17,145
    Betpoints: 174

    Good Call LT.

    Pretty safe to say.

  14. #84
    TeeRose
    TeeRose's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-23-13
    Posts: 821
    Betpoints: 3534

    Quote Originally Posted by TeeRose View Post
    A perfect record doesn't mean shiit, I have more respect for a team with a 22-13 record playing quality teams then a team with a perfect record playing nobodies,
    Come on out Shockers, time to play with the Big Boys
    Like I was trying to tell you all about these Perfect Record Frauds, bye bye Shockers

  15. #85
    James D
    James D's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-03-13
    Posts: 2,040

    Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Good Call LT.

    Pretty safe to say.
    Wichita did even less the he expected. LT made about eight posts ITT and they all referenced louisville taking them out and beating St. Louis, which they did easily. Sure looks like he would have been right about that game as well.

  16. #86
    crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-29-10
    Posts: 16,898
    Betpoints: 39

    Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    Wichita State is still the best team in that bracket. They proved last year they can beat Louisville.

    golden goose of fade

First 123
Top