gregmav1
    gregmav1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1350

Greg's Picks Thread

I've been on a huge hotstreak the last two weeks... Up like 25 units from some great Bowl Games and NFL Games. Going to start my own thread instead of making a bunch of different posts, but I want to start getting my picks out there just for fun and discussion.

I'm also slightly doing this for myself because I've been betting on a ton of games a night, like 10-15, and I want to get that down to below 10 if possible. Maybe starting a thread and actually picking a few sure games that I feel good about will help me even more.

I'm going to only try and make a few picks a night in this thread. Good luck... feel free to tail or fade depending on how my picks go, and ignore or hate or praise. It's all good. Best of luck all.

I bet everything, but I'm best at NFL and NCAAF, although I'm solid in NBA, and decent at NCAAB, MLB, and NHL. I'll even possibly throw in some Player Props if I like some. All odds will be from 5Dimes.

First night:
    NBA Suns/Bucks Under 210.5 -105, 2 units.
    NHL Columbus/Dallas Over 5.5 -121.

Best of luck, thanks for checking in.
    Last edited by gregmav1; 01-06-15 at 04:16 PM.

gregmav1

Adding: G.Antetokounmpo rebounds over 6½ -105. 1 unit.

First player prop, feel good about it

ToyotaLC
    ToyotaLC's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 402

Good stuff Greg. Looking forward to your picks. I haven't taken the over for Ohio/Ore as you suggested yet. Think I'll relax and just "enjoy" the game.

gregmav1

Quote Originally Posted by ToyotaLC View Post
    Good stuff Greg. Looking forward to your picks. I haven't taken the over for Ohio/Ore as you suggested yet. Think I'll relax and just "enjoy" the game.
    Thanks man. Yeah, I mean it could be a 28-34 game, but I really don't think so. I see a 45-37 game or something, if not higher. I love the Over in that game still... although I got it at 73 and now it's up to 75. But yeah, I'll post ncaaf/nfl picks once those games get closer. Good luck. If you end up tailing me, let's hit some of these baby.

gregmav1

Quote Originally Posted by gregmav1 View Post
    Adding: G.Antetokounmpo rebounds over 6½ -105. 1 unit.

First player prop, feel good about it
    6 rebounds in the 1st quarter for Giannis... 1 more and it cashes baby. Just get a single rebound in the next 36 minutes!

Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14416

Good luck Greg. How's ur anatomy?

gregmav1

Quote Originally Posted by Bostongambler View Post
    Good luck Greg. How's ur anatomy?
    Not sure what that's supposed to mean.

gregmav1

Giannis gets 12 rebounds, Suns/Bucks game goes way under, and Dallas/Columbus goes over. Perfect sweep 3-0. Great start.

Today: 3-0, +4 Units
    Overall: 3-0, +4 Units

ToyotaLC

Giannis gets 12 rebounds, Suns/Bucks game goes way under, and Dallas/Columbus goes over. Perfect sweep 3-0. Great start.

Today: 3-0, +4 Units
    Overall: 3-0, +4 Units
    Nice start greg. Well done. Dallas was iffy right till the end.

gregmav1

Nice start greg. Well done. Dallas was iffy right till the end.
    Yeah it really was haha. I was waiting for them to pull the goalie towards the end there but luckily we didn't need it and we got the final goal with 3 minutes left. If they didn't score a goal in the whole 3rd period I was going to be so pissed.

gregmav1

Just realized this is probably a bad time to start my thread because on Thursday I'm getting my wisdom teeth taken out and will probably be out of commish for a few days... oh well.

ToyotaLC

Just realized this is probably a bad time to start my thread because on Thursday I'm getting my wisdom teeth taken out and will probably be out of commish for a few days... oh well.
    Post your picks ahead of time. Nothing like making money pumped up with Novacane

THam12
    Money is the motivation!
    THam12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2280

Send drugs to me. Thanks.

gregmav1

Haha true Toyota... maybe I'll do some loopy drug picks... I'll see how messed up I am post-op, and whether I can function. Watching some sports I have money on while flying high on painkillers is something I haven't done before, and would probably be very interesting.

gregmav1

Will post more later probably... but getting these in now before line changes move...

Warriors/Pacers Under 203 -103
    Capitals/Maple Leafs Over 5.5 -102

ToyotaLC

Yeah, I figure the Was/TO game should be high scoring. I think the Leafs will have some extra spark because they gassed their coach yesterday.

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly
    Dollars2Donuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 589

Will post more later probably... but getting these in now before line changes move...

Warriors/Pacers Under 203 -103
    Capitals/Maple Leafs Over 5.5 -102
    Uh oh....I have the GSW game capped at 218 and think it flies over. After that defensive show they put on last night, the Warriors are going to embrace an easier game against a lesser defense. I bet Indiana even puts up close to 100 points.

I like your other pick....I think TO comes out flying, but not sure about Ovie and the gang.....I think an even better play is Toronto at + money at home.

Good luck with the thread bud.....you and I were on the same things yesterday....

gregmav1

Quote Originally Posted by Dollars2Donuts View Post
    Uh oh....I have the GSW game capped at 218 and think it flies over. After that defensive show they put on last night, the Warriors are going to embrace an easier game against a lesser defense. I bet Indiana even puts up close to 100 points.

I like your other pick....I think TO comes out flying, but not sure about Ovie and the gang.....I think an even better play is Toronto at + money at home.

Good luck with the thread bud.....you and I were on the same things yesterday....
    Haha yeahhhh I saw you were on GS/Ind Over and it worried me, but I think this game won't break 200... Everyone knows Indiana goes under a lot but what I think a lot of people don't realize is how good Warriors D is... I agree that I'm worried about Warriors putting up like 115, but I don't think that will happen. I see 104-92 or so. Good luck.

gregmav1

Okay, so in total, all picks for tonight:

Warriors/Pacers Under 203
    Maple Leafs/Capitals Over 5.5 - upgrading to 2 units
    Suns/Timberwolves Over 216.5
    Pistons/Mavericks Over 211.5 - 2 units
    Pelicans -4.5

That will be it for games tonight, I may throw in a player prop or two if I see any I like. Best of Luck all.

YTD: 3-0, +4.00 Units
    Last edited by gregmav1; 01-07-15 at 05:22 PM.

gregmav1

1 Player Prop: Jared Sullinger Over 13.5 Points -115

That's it for tonight. Let's get it.

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly

Okay, so in total, all picks for tonight:

Warriors/Pacers Under 203
    Maple Leafs/Capitals Over 5.5 - upgrading to 2 units
    Suns/Timberwolves Over 216.5
    Pistons/Mavericks Over 211.5 - 2 units
    Pelicans -4.5

That will be it for games tonight, I may throw in a player prop or two if I see any I like. Best of Luck all.

YTD: 3-0, +4.00 Units
    You must like me....keep hopping on my picks!

gregmav1

You must like me....keep hopping on my picks!
    Haha are you on the same? I hadn't even noticed other than that Ind/GSW pick that we disagreed on. Well, great minds think alike I hope. I'll check out your picks in a second, if we're on similar ones like you say then hopefully we're in for a good night!

Edit: Eh, not super similar haha. 3 the same, 1 you're on the other side, 1 no pick from you. Best of luck tonight, let's get our 3 we have the same
    Last edited by gregmav1; 01-07-15 at 05:55 PM.

gregmav1

Pelicans take a lead into the second half and get blown out, played like complete garbage. So that's a loss, and Sullinger was awful tonight too so that's a loss, but 2-unit Hockey Over cashes so it's a wash first half of the night, with the Dallas/Detroit 2 unit game looking good to go over so far in the first half... I'll take that start.

ToyotaLC

Pelicans take a lead into the second half and get blown out, played like complete garbage. So that's a loss, and Sullinger was awful tonight too so that's a loss, but 2-unit Hockey Over cashes so it's a wash first half of the night, with the Dallas/Detroit 2 unit game looking good to go over so far in the first half... I'll take that start.
    Funk. Didn't see the upgrade to 2 units on the Leafs/Was. Still a nice hit. Good luck at the dentist tomorrow. Take a day off greg, with a couple of sharp nights under your belt you deserve to recover sports (i.e., stress) free. However, I'll still lay a few bucks if you manage to post.

gregmav1

Yeah, thanks man... rough night, it happens. Seems like a ton of people got slaughtered today in the books. Hopefully Indiana/GS ends up going Under to keep us in a profit for the thread. If not, back to about even and will try and get back to it when I can. I'll be bored as hell from my bed the next few days so I'll definitely try to look at some games, and if I feel alright tomorrow I'll post.

gregmav1

Wow.... Phoenix/Minnesota explode for a huge 4th quarter and that game goes over and we cash it... Pleasant surprise there. If Ind/GS goes under we'll break even on the day and still be up! We'll be up even if it loses, but getting the win and not losing any ground today would be nice.

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly

Cheers man. Had it capped at 115-103. 117-102 ain't bad.

I don't get too hyped about many games....when I start predicting scores and make 3 unit wagers.....that is the time to listen. Aside from that....pay no attention to me.

gregmav1

Haha yeah I just posted in your thread. Nice call there.

Still got a profit from the first two days. May be on a hiatus for the next few days, we'll see what happens. Night all.

Today: 2-4: -2.36 units
    Overall: 5-4: +1.64 units

gregmav1

Feeling a little loopy and tired but not too bad at all... Will definitely be posting some picks later.

ToyotaLC

Feeling a little loopy and tired but not too bad at all... Will definitely be posting some picks later.
    Wish you a speedy recovery. Was the nurse hot at least?

gregmav1

Haha thanks. And unfortunately no. One of the nurse's was like a 6'1 beast with short hair. Looked like a man. Awful.

gregmav1

Alright... Stuck at home with gauze in my mouth and nothing to do for the next few days, so I laid down quite a few wagers tonight after a solid amount of capping. I threw one parlay in there, which I feel good about but if people don't like playing those, feel free to pass over it.

I haven't been able to get a good read on NCAAB yet, and after NFL season is over I'll probably start doing some more of those wagers, but for now I'm staying away unless I see what I think is a really good line. Here are tonight's picks:

Raptors -12.5 -105... 2 unit play
    Rockets -12 -108
    NBA Parlay - Raptors ML + Rockets ML + Blazers ML... -192 to win 1 unit
    Colorado Avalanche -128
    Winnipeg Jets -109
    Stars/Predators Over 5.5 +105
    Capitals/Flyers Over 5.5 +104

Looking to make at least 3 units tonight... Let's go.

gregmav1

Slaughtered. Raptors really screwed us. Flat all game.

Today: 2-5, -5.10
    YTD: 7-9, -3.46

ToyotaLC

Slaughtered. Raptors really screwed us. Flat all game.

Today: 2-5, -5.10
    YTD: 7-9, -3.46
    Happens. I wonder if the Raptors are coming back down to earth showing their stripes. Maybe fade against them for the next few games while they are in a funk. Your thoughts greg.

gregmav1

Happens. I wonder if the Raptors are coming back down to earth showing their stripes. Maybe fade against them for the next few games while they are in a funk. Your thoughts greg.
    I thought they had been overrated all year, but they were still a good team. I don't think I'll necessarily fade them but I agree I'm going to stay away. They seemed to be over-performing and I want to see where they actually end up, my guess is 4th or 5th in the East. This loss to Charlotte was horrendous but I think this way just a really bad loss for them. Maybe I will fade them now that you mention it, but I'll chalk this one up to just variance and see how their next few go before I wager on them again probably.

I'm chasing this Heat/Blazers game. I rarely get to watch a full game through but this one I've been able to watch the whole first half, and I'm taking the Over for the game in the 2nd half.

Over 187.5 full game - 3 units. I feel good about this one.

123 Last