lolguy999
    C++ programming sucks..
    lolguy999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 64

Lets talk live betting strategy... Need opinion and advice.

Ok so here it is... my book offers live betting with high juice (~-140) on most TV games, which includes most NHL, Nba, and ncaab on prime time tv** (not every off tv events only the big ones)

Now for sides, my observation from past week tells me if the fav are winning big by 3rdQ or at 15min left ncaab, example 71 -59 where the posted side was originally fav - 3.5, they might offer fav - 7.5 around that number at that example... if its a big game or so I find on average the dogs +7.5 will come back and cover ultimately in the end due to tryhard or whatnot...

For totals... say its cbb posted total 150, we're at 15min and the total is 80... so by math we played 25/40 minutes -> 5/8 of the game and if 5/8 gives 80 then the projection is 8*8/5 = 128 (dont have to do all this math this is the number covers show). If i see the live bet total is say ~138 10 points from the guesstimate then i will take the under at a high juice. Anybody tried this and can give me some pointers?
    Last edited by SBR Contests; 03-30-14 at 11:46 PM.

thunderous
    Update your status
    thunderous's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7111

-140 juice will kill you long term and live betting specially in Basketball will screw you with garbage time or fouling game. for example in the Denver game I saw Brooklyn -23.5 while leading by 25 with 2 min left, Brooklyn went up by 28 but eventually won by 23....had the guy missed 1 of the 2 free throws it would have gone the other way. So some bets you will win and lose some but the juice will kill ya...my book has -115 lines so I take chances once in a while but at -140 I wouldn't touch.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

It's not a bad idea but... the theory doesn't work all the time. Also, when do you pull the trigger on the wager? You might feel you could get a better line and hold off during Live wagering. Or... you might pull the trigger too fast and lose an extra point you might need... and lose. Live betting really doesn't have that much of an advantage... And if you're getting -140 for live wagers... I'd change your book... that's too high. You can get -110 at 5Dimes.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

BookMaker offers the best live lines. It's not close. It's a must for the bases season.

f1rstdegree
    f1rstdegree's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

I realize this an old post but i came across it while doing a goole search on live betting. Myself I have found it to be great to use as a hedge in certain situations or even to pick up a DD favorite at half the price in the 2nd half throughout the NCAA tourney. It really is all about trying to find the right time and you have to be at the computer throughout the entire game. Which for March Madness is no problem for me. Any other thoughts/opinions ??