rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

Not be a dick here, but the only channel I see pushing buying gold and silver is Fox news (commercials).

God speed on your purchases and ETFs, I hope what you're buying it for doesn't come to fruition.
    If it does, bullets and food would probably be the better trading vehicle. IMO.

Albert Pujols
    Albert Pujols's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 80

Quote Originally Posted by rkelly110 View Post
    Not be a dick here, but the only channel I see pushing buying gold and silver is Fox news (commercials).

God speed on your purchases and ETFs, I hope what you're buying it for doesn't come to fruition.
    Do you think the dollar is going to be stronger in 5 years than it is now?

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

Sharp sell off today.

If we are trading bullets and cans of spam then fugge it. A far more likely scenario involves the value of the dollar getting whacked much how it happened in a dozen other countries that allowed huge run ups in debt. When you print money the value declines. There is a whole lot of dollar printing somewhere in our future.

rkelly110

Quote Originally Posted by Albert Pujols View Post
    Do you think the dollar is going to be stronger in 5 years than it is now?
    IDK Bitcoin is a fiat currency just like the dollar and any other currency. Bartering is probably the best currency.
    I think our dollar is kept artificially low so more countries will buy our bonds. If we drop our deficit, the dollar will rise
    and the less countries will buy our bonds.

rkelly110

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post
    Sharp sell off today.

If we are trading bullets and cans of spam then fugge it. A far more likely scenario involves the value of the dollar getting whacked much how it happened in a dozen other countries that allowed huge run ups in debt. When you print money the value declines. There is a whole lot of dollar printing somewhere in our future.
    I took some of my wife's jewelry to a gold buyer. The 1st thing he did was take a magnet to everything. Anything that stuck he gave back. Be careful, I hope all your gold is solid and not magnetic.

The only silver I buy are the one ounce walking liberties to give as gifts for new born family members.

If gold took a huge run and you wanted to trade your gold coins for cash, where would you go? Just out of curiosity.

Albert Pujols

IDK Bitcoin is a fiat currency just like the dollar and any other currency. Bartering is probably the best currency.
    I think our dollar is kept artificially low so more countries will buy our bonds. If we drop our deficit, the dollar will rise
    If we drop our deficit.....LOL. Ya, well if I win the lottery.....
    Who the hell said anything about Bitcoin?

Albert Pujols

I took some of my wife's jewelry to a gold buyer. The 1st thing he did was take a magnet to everything. Anything that stuck he gave back. Be careful, I hope all your gold is solid and not magnetic.

The only silver I buy are the one ounce walking liberties to give as gifts for new born family members.

If gold took a huge run and you wanted to trade your gold coins for cash, where would you go? Just out of curiosity.
    Coin shop or pawn shop.

Albert Pujols

I look at gold and silver as real money. It's been money since the beginning of time. I'd much rather hold silver than a savings account. It's always going to have value, and you can get it at 21, down from 49 in the fall of 2011. To each his own.

Albert Pujols

Do you seriously think Bitcoin is gold? The dollar is weak because we're a third world country with a huge credit line. The world can see we're a house of cards, spending and printing with no regard for right and wrong. The dollar is done, there is no coming back from this other than inflating our way out of it.

SBR_John
    Wisky

That's a good question. There are tax implications or not depending on certain factors. You can sell 1,000 gold coins with a click of the mouse into APMEX.com and they wouldn't blink. But if you had a huge gain and wanted to sell them all quiet like then you would need to work a little plan. Coin dealers buy and sell these all day long so you could sell 5-10 every other day. You may want to hit NYC where you could sell as much as you have in a day... on the quiet.

Mitchell88
    Mitchell88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Did anyone here about this couple that was walking their dog in their backyard and found a million dollar worth of coins buried near a tree?

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/02/27...f-report-says/

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I would not sell gold underground at gold houses

Have to find legal legit dealers and fill out the paperwork

Easy to get Robbed with underground gold shops

Yes he could get away with tax issues but these guys are shady and tough

I have always been a proponent of trading the Gold spot on a legit financial broker

rkelly110

Do you seriously think Bitcoin is gold? The dollar is weak because we're a third world country with a huge credit line. The world can see we're a house of cards, spending and printing with no regard for right and wrong. The dollar is done, there is no coming back from this other than inflating our way out of it.
    No, I wasn't comparing Bitcoin to gold, I was comparing it to the dollar and other non gold backed currencies. Fiat.

We are not a 3rd world country. If we were, you wouldn't see countries buying our bonds. Yes, the world wants to
    dethrone the US's world domination currency, which is probably why Bitcoin is doing so well.

I don't have a graph or if there is even one, but I'll bet the dollars worth is correlated to what we pay in interest.
    Interest rate goes up, so does the dollar.

byronbb
    byronbb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2284

Bitcoin is not like fiat at all, the reason it was invented was to give an option other than fiat. There is no central authority, the total supply is hard capped at 21 million by the software.

You can sell gold on craigslist. Just meet only at a bank or somewhere very public and you won't get jacked. Just be wary of counterfeit.

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

As the fed continues to taper, imterest rates continue to go up, the dollar.continues to strengthen against other currencies and commodities, especially GOLD. Weakness will be present for the foreseen future. Stick to sports, squares. LoL

SBR_John
    Wisky

Quote Originally Posted by grease lightnin View Post
    As the fed continues to taper, imterest rates continue to go up, the dollar.continues to strengthen against other currencies and commodities, especially GOLD. Weakness will be present for the foreseen future. Stick to sports, squares. LoL
    That's already baked into the price. The dollar may strengthen short term against very weak currencies but that good ole $18 trillion dollar debt keeps a growing. As it grows the dollar will become unstable. Fed buying and selling has a net effect of zero long term. They auction new debt to buy mortgage backed securities in the open market. That's like you borrowing money from your Dad to pay off a debt to your Dad. Net effect; zero.

I would agree that gold is fairly priced at $1300 and much better chance to see it lower than higher until some more fundamentals improve. Longer term it has no where to go but up.

grease lightnin
    &

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post
    That's already baked into the price. The dollar may strengthen short term against very weak currencies but that good ole $18 trillion dollar debt keeps a growing. As it grows the dollar will become unstable. Fed buying and selling has a net effect of zero long term. They auction new debt to buy mortgage backed securities in the open market. That's like you borrowing money from your Dad to pay off a debt to your Dad. Net effect; zero. I would agree that gold is fairly priced at $1300 and much better chance to see it lower than higher until some more fundamentals improve. Longer term it has no where to go but up.
    After the sequester, the debt level projections have flattened out. Largest deficit reduction in 40 yrs. Stop listening to the gold bugs. $1300 may be a fair long-term price, but I do believe it will go lower brfore it goes higher. Remember....gold was $1000 in 1980 and $250 in 1999...$1700 in 2012 and...... ???

Albert Pujols

After the sequester, the debt level projections have flattened out. Largest deficit reduction in 40 yrs. Stop listening to the gold bugs. $1300 may be a fair long-term price, but I do believe it will go lower brfore it goes higher. Remember....gold was $1000 in 1980 and $250 in 1999...$1700 in 2012 and...... ???
    LOL. You can't be serious with that. The debt is going to be 20+ trillion soon and rising. How would we possibly begin to pay even a trillion of it back? Whether it's slow or swift, inflation is coming, and it will be major. The problem with any investment in USD is that it's in USD.

Mitchell88

I heard on ancient aliens that aliens are harvesting are planet for gold? fact?

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell88 View Post
    I heard on ancient aliens that aliens are harvesting are planet for gold? fact?
    I heard they emptied Fort Knox in the 70s

grease lightnin
    &

LOL. You can't be serious with that. The debt is going to be 20+ trillion soon and rising. How would we possibly begin to pay even a trillion of it back? Whether it's slow or swift, inflation is coming, and it will be major. The problem with any investment in USD is that it's in USD.
    um no..I am not joking. The budget deficit went from 6.8% of GDP in fiscal 2012, to 3.9% of GDP in fiscal 2013. Look it up. And I guess a 25% return in the s&p last year with 2% inflation was a bad thing??

If inflation was coming like you say, gold would not be down like it is.
    Last edited by grease lightnin; 02-28-14 at 05:17 PM.

Albert Pujols

um no..I am not joking. The budget deficit went from 6.8% of GDP in fiscal 2012, to 3.9% of GDP in fiscal 2013. Look it up. And I guess a 25% return in the s&p last year with 2% inflation was a bad thing??

If inflation was coming like you say, gold would not be down like it is.
    How is the money going to be paid back other than with inflated dollars? I mean, even if you balance the budget it isn't possible to make a dent in the debt.

Albert Pujols

You can keep your paper money. I'll keep buying real money.

grease lightnin
    &

I mean, even if you balance the budget it isn't possible to make a dent in the debt.
    Incorrect.

Albert Pujols

Incorrect.
    I wish you were right, but the ship has sailed, my friend.

grease lightnin
    &

I wish you were right, but the ship has sailed, my friend.
    The facts are on my side. Your comments are arbitrary.

Albert Pujols

What year is the budget going to be balanced, Fact Man?

grease lightnin
    &

What year is the budget going to be balanced, Fact Man?
    The budget doesn't actually have to be balanced to lower the debt. With the sequster, at current tax rates, and gdp growth rate, the debt level will not go up. With a balanced budget, it would go down. I do not know of a balanced budget on the horizon, but if Washington can agree on a combination of revenue increases and spending cuts, then we could get there. And I believe eventually we will. So many people nowadays just willing to trash their country anf be pessimistic about the future when it is fixable. Sad. Now you answer this: if you are right and I am wrong, then why has gold gone from $1700 to $1200 (near where it was pre-crisis) and not from $1700 to $2000 and up like all that were on the same soapbox as you were saying it was? And don't tell me that it still will, it-s fine if you believe that, but tell me why it has gone down to where it is?

Albert Pujols

The budget doesn't actually have to be balanced to lower the debt. With the sequster, at current tax rates, and gdp growth rate, the debt level will not go up. With a balanced budget, it would go down. I do not know of a balanced budget on the horizon, but if Washington can agree on a combination of revenue increases and spending cuts, then we could get there. And I believe eventually we will. So many people nowadays just willing to trash their country anf be pessimistic about the future when it is fixable. Sad. Now you answer this: if you are right and I am wrong, then why has gold gone from $1700 to $1200 (near where it was pre-crisis) and not from $1700 to $2000 and up like all that were on the same soapbox as you were saying it was? And don't tell me that it still will, it-s fine if you believe that, but tell me why it has gone down to where it is?
    You don't have to balance the budget to reduce the debt? WTF

SBR_John
    Wisky

No need to advertise on MSNBC a product that cost $1300 an ounce cash. That some serious food stamps.

Meanwhileeee.... pop goes the weasel! Gold adds $23 thanks to Putin.

SBR_John
    Wisky

The math is actually quite simple; US owes $18 trillion in debt. US takes in $3 trillion in taxes and spends $3.4 trillion in total spending each year. So another .4 trillion dollars will be added to the debt this year.

We are getting past the point where some cuts and new taxes will save the day. We need those just to stop adding to the debt much less ever reduce it. We are headed toward a slow motion train wreck,

Gold went down from $1900 because the global banking crisis eased, not because of anything deficit/debt related. Gold was $25 an ounce in 1960 so it has continued up whenever the dollar is pushed down.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: jbart28

jbart28
    MAGA KAG
    jbart28's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16

Congrats! You are the biggest Obama Sheep on planet earth. And this economy will continue to die and you forgot to add in the extra 2 trillion in commie mandated obamacare costs. Your messiah will leave your kids 25 Trillion in obama debt. And you voted for the guy twice so basically you are an accomplice to a domestic terrorist. Obamacare is domestic terrorism with death panels and health care rationing.

You should just convert to Islam so you can get the Cadillac Obamacare Plan for free. Obamacare is just Medicaid on steroids. It is a ponzi scheme designed to steal wealth from the makers and redistribute it to the Obama zombie takers.

grease lightnin
    &

Last edited by grease lightnin; 03-03-14 at 08:27 AM.

grease lightnin
    &

Last edited by grease lightnin; 03-03-14 at 08:25 AM.

Mitchell88

http://businesstoday.intoday.in/stor.../1/203913.html

gold today Russia gonna shake things up

First 1234 Last