bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I just heard that "The Devil" Passed away

We all might fight like crazy kids at times but this truly saddens me to see another old schooler not with us anymore.

R.I.P.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

What happened??

I met this guy once

Good guy

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

He upset many at times

I remember when posters threatened to kill him and his family

bigboydan

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    What happened??

I met this guy once

Good guy
    I'm still trying to find out what the exact cause was coach.

bigboydan

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
    He upset many at times

I remember when posters threatened to kill him and his family
    I remember those stories as well. Some were really off the wall too I might add.

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

Once BeantownJim challenged him to a fight and offered to tie one arm behind his back. Kinda letting his mouth write a check his arse couldn't cash because Freddy said I accept. And was serious. Beaner provided everyone a few laughs backing out of that one.

It's like all the original forum guys are gone. None made it to 70. Talked with him on the phone but did not know him. One of the original offshore bookmakers and then partnered with Russ with Majorwager.com. Russ bought him out and he was a paid poster at EOG for a year or so and then just vanished or retired. RIP.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

How old is Buzzsaw ?

firedawg
    firedawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1066

sorry to hear...

bigboydan

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post
    Once BeantownJim challenged him to a fight and offered to tie one arm behind his back. Kinda letting his mouth write a check his arse couldn't cash because Freddy said I accept. And was serious. Beaner provided everyone a few laughs backing out of that one.

It's like all the original forum guys are gone. None made it to 70. Talked with him on the phone but did not know him. One of the original offshore bookmakers and then partnered with Russ with Majorwager.com. Russ bought him out and he was a paid poster at EOG for a year or so and then just vanished or retired. RIP.

When I worked for MW I believe Russ and him were in fighting. You know how it goes though because one guy gives one story while the other guy gives the other side... Anyways, I do remember BTJ gave him a stern talking too alright and that's all I'll say on that front.

In regards to old schoolers... I wish their were more of us originals but considering the circumstances surrounding those types of things happening are always tricky.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I remember when he ran betgreen

It went bankrupt

Pretty sure he said drug problems on and off

SBR_John
    Wisky

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    How old is Buzzsaw ?
    Mid 50's. I'm considering retiring.

I knew Russ better. He really hated SBR's rise. I would of not liked to be Russ's partner because he was unpredictable to put it mildly.

bigboydan

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    How old is Buzzsaw ?
    Talk about a blast from the past.... I remember Buzzsaw quite well. Gave me some sound advice many years ago.

Justin Beerver
    Justin Beerver's Avatar Become A Pro!

shocking ..... Mr. Walker do paid posters REALLY exist ? give us a list for SBR please

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10488

sorry to hear this , rip sir......

bigboydan

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    I remember when he ran betgreen

It went bankrupt

Pretty sure he said drug problems on and off
    Happens to many within this industry however, I guess you just have to chalk it up to the gaming environment as a whole.

bigboydan

I knew Russ better. He really hated SBR's rise. I would of not liked to be Russ's partner because he was unpredictable to put it mildly.
    Well I didn't exactly wanna say who buzz was but you did.

In regards to Russ... He did have a rather interesting approach with the way his ran things and while some were good their was also some that were bad. The guy was fair with me and that's what I'll always remember about him.

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

lakerboy died?

oops i just stepped on a roach and killed him again.

bigboydan

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Sanchez View Post

46 is very young though. I believe Carl (Peep) passed away at 66.

SBR_John
    Wisky

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Beerver View Post
    shocking ..... Mr. Walker do paid posters REALLY exist ? give us a list for SBR please
    No not really. EOG and SBR Forum started within a month of each other in 2005. EOG quickly became as popular as the Rx, who was the leader at the time( leaving out covers). But by 2008 we had caught them both and EOG was in a serious tailspin. Ken, the owner of EOG, then began hiring posters to post. He had around 30 including this fellow Freddy on the payroll to post. It did not reverse the trends and was abandoned I think about a year later.

Reload
    Winning Aint Easy
    Reload's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14876

Sad to hear this news. I met Fred back in 2008 - we got together with Munson for golf in PA. Was a fun trip and I always think back about it. Lot of good stories Fred shared.

Reload
    Winning Aint Easy
    Reload's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14876

No not really. EOG and SBR Forum started within a month of each other in 2005. EOG quickly became as popular as the Rx, who was the leader at the time( leaving out covers). But by 2008 we had caught them both and EOG was in a serious tailspin. Ken, the owner of EOG, then began hiring posters to post. He had around 30 including this fellow Freddy on the payroll to post. It did not reverse the trends and was abandoned I think about a year later.
    Yes - Fred and I were both on the EOG staff that year. He was paid to post and tried to focus on certain parts - like the Poker subforum. By the end of 2008, a lot of us were gone from the payroll. I stayed a part of the back room and helped out with odds and ends, but in 2009 the big leagues here at SBR came calling

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Most of these guys eat unhealthy, don't exercise, smoke, have constant stress whether their bets will cash, don't get any pussy and then get in fights between them. Then they die at a young age.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

We love it here at SBR where no one is paid to post or ghost. Keep it this way!