19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10300

Hell of a game....As a 49ers backer I have to recognize that
    they were outplayed by Seattle and and Carroll certainly got the best
    of chino slacks.

Nice back and forth game with the Kaepernick failing to put the ball
    in the right hands on their final drive.

!~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Manning vs Wilson.....

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68569

Quote Originally Posted by grekos View Post
    You hit it on the head.Stick to sports handicapping because you're horse stuff stinks.
    Sorry the horse stuff stinks for you.

Seems as though 47,000 + like it .

What do you bring into here to help others understand sports besides your sparkling personality?

grekos
    grekos's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13316

Quote Originally Posted by str View Post
    Sorry the horse stuff stinks for you.

Seems as though 47,000 + like it .

What do you bring into here to help others understand sports besides your sparkling personality?
    Constructive advice.As for 47,000 it can be a billion,but what's the use if it's useless info

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20370

How can you be surprised? Once 49ers actually had to throw, it was obvious they were going to lose. They protected him in the first half because he didn't have to throw with a steady lead. Once they had to take the leash off him, it was only a matter of time before he stared down receivers and made bad throws.

3 turnovers in the last 11 minutes. That's Kaep.

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68569

Constructive advice.As for 47,000 it can be a billion,but what's the use if it's useless info
    Well you can't please everybody.

If it's not for you, that's fine.

Useless for you, helpful for others.

Too each his own.

OTL
    OTL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5277

No I wasn't surprised. Seattle was getting most of the calls, the 49ers were losing players left and right, and Kaepernick was really struggling with the 12th man. SF's QB turned out to be Seattle's MVP of the game.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3364

You hit it on the head.Stick to sports handicapping because you're horse stuff stinks.
    Would you care to elaborate? STR is one of the most knowledgeable posters in the horse game here at SBR imo.

grekos
    grekos's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13316

[QUOTE=Easy-Rider 66;20936488]Would you care to elaborate? STR is one of the most knowledgeable posters in the horse game here at SBR imo.[/QUOT
    Just because he was involved with horses 20 plus years doesn't make you knowledgeable in my opinion.The person that adapts to changes and succeed that's a different story.Can you give an example of his knowledge helping you win at the races or him giving out a winner?

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3364

[QUOTE=grekos;20937132]
    Quote Originally Posted by Easy-Rider 66 View Post
    Would you care to elaborate? STR is one of the most knowledgeable posters in the horse game here at SBR imo.[/QUOT
    Just because he was involved with horses 20 plus years doesn't make you knowledgeable in my opinion.The person that adapts to changes and succeed that's a different story.Can you give an example of his knowledge helping you win at the races or him giving out a winner?
    STR does not usually post picks but he did give out the winner of the 2012 Illinois Derby. (Done Talking at about 13/1). Overall I appreciate his efforts to pass on the things he has learned from decades in the game. Evidently you do not find his info useful and that is your opinion.
    Like STR said each to his own.

DALLASROB
    DALLASROB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1527

Yes. When they went up 10 I thought they were going pull it off and complete the run with a title just like Baltimore last year.

matt1216
    matt1216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1052

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    It just seemed like it happen so fast everything going well for the 49ers up
    17-10 and bang out of nowhere 23-17!!!

Some of the officiating was questionable ... the phatom targeting of the head call where the DB clearly didnt touch the WR's head..

And that last play where Bowman clearly stripped the ball from the Seattle receiver... WTF was that?

how was that non reviewable?

i feel like the 49ers outplayed the seahawks i just cant believe the outcome!

Yeah the Seahawks covered but it was the luckiest cover ive ever seen.

Seahawks backers could not have thought they were going to cover the way that game was going..
    Umm the intent was a dirty hit on the recieved.... Close call, maybe got away with one.Bowman stripping the ball?? Yes it happen.... U do realize Seattle gave the ball right back with a fumble right??? Lucky for SF. How about that fumble russle Wilson gave the 9iners to begin the game??? If anything SF was lucky to have a chance at the end....

Parligod
    Parligod's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1760

This game could've gone either way it wasn't sealed until the very last play. I put most of the blame on CK. To give up 3 turnovers in the 4th quarter and only be down 6 points was only possible because SF defense played lights out. Both teams should get major props for their defensive efforts. SF put themselves in position at the end of the game 1st down on the 18 yard line with all 3 timeouts. Kaep said he saw Crabtree 1-on-1 and would take that shot all day...I hope/doubt he'll feel that way after studying the tape.

I've seen Sherman discussing during interviews about how he practices baiting QBs into throwing his way by showing them what they want to see and that's pretty much what he did here. His tip into his teammate wasn't a coincidence either - the Hawks practice tipping to each other all the time to pick up interceptions and he did a fantastic job on that last play.

Like I said, props to both teams for lights-out defense. Ref calls favored Hawks (there were bad calls/non-calls both ways) but ultimately I put the blame on CK; nobody in their right mind should give up 3 turnovers in one quarter and expect to win.

z-doggie
    yo dog ,,i am the ish...
    z-doggie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1981

props to parligod,,,,,everything he wrote is true....sad..but true

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop
    StackinGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4514

Quote Originally Posted by bubblebuttluv View Post
    I'm not shocked at all that the 49ers blew that lead.

I cleaned up on Seahawks moneyline and it was in my thread.

No matter how well the 49ers had been playing for weeks and how sub-par Russell Wilson had been playing, I wasn't going to fight the trend of the 49ers not being able to win at that stadium and I knew Wilson would only have to do "enough" during that game in order for the Seahawks to win.

The Broncos will win next week.
    ... You were doing so well until the final sentence. Hey, nobody's perfect.

People keep looking past an absolutely crucial moment early in the 3rd quarter when Kaepernick clearly, illegal kicked the ball to avoid a Seattle recover. Not only do the 49ers pick it up, they gain 6 yards on the play instead of losing 6. Second down became mid vs. LONG ... and the next play was Boldin TD, 17-10. Seattle could have easily parlayed that into a game where they took the lead at that point and never looked back. As others have said, Seattle controlled the 2nd half and that TD was at about 9:00 left in the 3rd. At best, the call should have been 10 yard penalty and loss of down, which would have sent SF back to about the 47 yard line, out of range. At worst, it could have easily become a Seattle fumble recovery.

TC Woods
    TC Woods's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 479

Lots of sour grapes...

irishstuey
    irishstuey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1654

It's hard to blame officiating on the bang bang calls. It's so tough in real life and Im only at the HS level. Cant imagine the speed of the game at the NFL level.

The only call that I really have a problem with is...the running into the kicker call. How did they not huddle and ask what leg was ran into. If it's the plant leg, it is a roughing the kicker. Simple as that. Seattle may still win that game, but it was a gigantic help. Anyone saying Seattle was without a doubt lock is an idiot. That was a heck of a game that could have gone either way.

Here's to Manning dropping a ball over Sherman to win the Super Bowl. Would make my day.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by freakydave View Post
    +1
    SF didn't lose because they were road weary-they lost because seattle outplayed & Carroll outcoached Harbaugh.
    I think they lost because of all of the above.

ParlayininHTown
    Countdown to death: 1 day
    ParlayininHTown's Avatar Become A Pro!

"Shell shocked"

Come on, Ice House. It was a bet on an entertaining football game, not a traumatic experience.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Parlayin some of us actually bet REAL MONEY

so yes it was fukkin traumatic.

But anyway my pain is almost all gone. Its wednesday and i have moved on...

i am going to be gearing up for march madness and MLB

let this thread die fellas.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Bear, you should be used to this. That is what kind of season you had with both College and Pro Football. Better luck with the other sports you wager on. As far as this game is concerned, what everyone forgets is that CK does NOT have an accurate throwing arm, and like most QB's who can run but not pass, he will NEVER see a Superbowl ring. The secret is out on him now. Contain him and watch him self-destruct.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Bear, you should be used to this. That is what kind of season you had with both College and Pro Football. Better luck with the other sports you wager on. As far as this game is concerned, what everyone forgets is that CK does NOT have an accurate throwing arm, and like most QB's who can run but not pass, he will NEVER see a Superbowl ring. The secret is out on him now. Contain him and watch him self-destruct.
    lol what a fukkin dickhead you are!!! LMAO

Yes i had a bad season. why dont you throw some more salt in my wounds pal

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    lol what a fukkin dickhead you are!!! LMAO

Yes i had a bad season. why dont you throw some more salt in my wounds pal
    Why don't you stick to sports that you know someting about? Hey, it's your money. Obviously you cannot stay away from gambling, so atleast wager on something you know. Just tellin' ya. You should know that guys who wager like you do are losers. You are hooked. Sorry. Like I said, good luck with MLB. Major League BORING IMO. I stick to football. Guys who try to wager on every sport around NEVER win in the long run. Specialize in one, and come out ahead. To do that, you must be able to discipline yourself and very few in here can do that. Very few. No offense. Just the truth.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

yeah i realize i dont know much about these college basketball teams and i am probably not going to wager on
    college b-ball until March b/c it will take me that long to get a good feel for teams.

I do know NFL but that doesnt always =wins. It was just a bad season, some of it bad luck, some of it money management, the ball just didnt bounce my way this season. Until this past season i had never not not made a profit.

MLB on the other hand thats my game. I could name you just about every starting player on every team...

my tv stays on MLB network i eat , breathe, and sleep some MLB

anyway Bigdaddy good luck to you as well although i rarely see you posting plays

Tommy Blingshyne
    Tommy Blingshyne's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 304

Quote Originally Posted by StackinGreen View Post
    ... You were doing so well until the final sentence. Hey, nobody's perfect.

People keep looking past an absolutely crucial moment early in the 3rd quarter when Kaepernick clearly, illegal kicked the ball to avoid a Seattle recover. Not only do the 49ers pick it up, they gain 6 yards on the play instead of losing 6. Second down became mid vs. LONG ... and the next play was Boldin TD, 17-10. Seattle could have easily parlayed that into a game where they took the lead at that point and never looked back. As others have said, Seattle controlled the 2nd half and that TD was at about 9:00 left in the 3rd. At best, the call should have been 10 yard penalty and loss of down, which would have sent SF back to about the 47 yard line, out of range. At worst, it could have easily become a Seattle fumble recovery.
    exactly...that was a huge missed call by the refs that the 9ers parlayed into a TD...def. would have changed the momentum of the game earlier on...

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop
    StackinGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4514

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Blingshyne View Post
    exactly...that was a huge missed call by the refs that the 9ers parlayed into a TD...def. would have changed the momentum of the game earlier on...

ps - if that punter gets any more than a 5 yard penalty on that play, it's a travesty. Maragos is parallel to him, not even coming close to the plane of contact (diving at him). The dude falls on him, spins, weeps, etc. Gimme a break w the whining on that one

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

point is 49ers had the lead and they couldnt hold on...

regardless of how they got that lead.

if their defense was all it was cracked up to be they dont let that one slip away.

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

I wish him the best

First 12