TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Friday: ESPN Reporting Bottom Bar On TV Opening Line New England VS Denver -7.5

I was doing cardio on a machine at the gym... and I had to blink twice because it happened so fast. I could of swore it said -7.5

Please tell me I was seeing things. Did anyone else see this?

Iwinyourmoney
    IWIN.........IN!
    Iwinyourmoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 733

Per pinnacle Denver opened -6.5

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

espn has their own ranking system where they project team x to beat team y by z points. They did it for college football bowl games as well, their lines are way off.

TheMoneyShot

It didn't say projected outcome or ranking system. It did say "current line" -5.5 and then "opening line" (I thought it said -7.5).

I just wanted to confirm this with someone else. I noticed nowhere in Vegas it opened up that high. I was wondering where ESPN got their information? Or was I blind? But it wasn't Power Ranking or Predicting Outcome. Because the Seattle Game was listed right before and it was right on. Seattle opened -3 and currently it was -3.5.

ramones951
    ramones951's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 891

Wouldn't surprise me if it was a typo..... ESPN has graphical errors all the time.

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

ESPN is wrong on everything. It's their calling card. I haven't seen that number anywhere. Makes no sense to open up at 7.5

TheMoneyShot

Don't know who posted that line at ESPN. Where they got it from or what??? But if they wanted the Public on +7.5 they got exactly what they wanted.