ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

How good is Michigan (NCAACBK)?

5-0 in what I think is the best basketball conference in America. Between the ACC shitting itself and the PAC having injuries to their star players, I think the B1G is the consensus best conference.

Their only bad loss was against Charlotte. That's a terrible loss. Outside of that, respectable losses to #1. Arizona, #8 Iowa St and Duke.

They're without McGary. Still coached very well and have a few players with a ton of experience. Just went into the highest ranked B1G's team house and beat them convincingly. So convincingly that if they had lost at the end, it would have been deemed a choke.

MSU is clearly the class of the conference, but Michigan is really playing some great basketball right now.

bubblebuttluv
    Derek Jeter, the best shortstop ever.
    bubblebuttluv's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1897

I'd say they will finish 3rd in the Big 10.

MSU will win the Big 10 and I think Wisconsin will get it back together and finish ahead of Michigan.

I hear ESPN talking about Iowa but I haven't seen them play.

SH Fontes
    SH Fontes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

I'm a homer but I think they are a top ten team nationally. They only lost Trey Burke and an overrated Mitch McGary from last years national championship runner-up team.

Trey Burke was replaced by a highly recruited kid from Detroit, Derrick Walton. McGary is replaced by two solid seniors Jordan Morgan and Jon Horford. Besides that same team and a year older super sophmores NIk Stauskas and Glenn Robinson III.

Beilein is genius.

Team is very good. B1G is very good again and I expect them to finish 2nd or 3rd in the B1G and make a good run in the tourney.

Go Blue.
    Last edited by SH Fontes; 01-19-14 at 06:00 PM.

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by SH Fontes View Post
    I'm a homer but I think they are a top ten team nationally. They only lost Trey Burke and an overrated Mitch McGary from last years national championship runner-up team.

Trey Burke was replaced by a highly recruited kid from Detroit, Derrick Walton. McGary is replaced by two solid seniors Jordan Morgan and Jon Horford. Besides that same team and a year older super sophmores NIk Stauskas and Glenn Robinson III.

Beilein is genius.

Team is very good. B1G is very good again and I expect them to win finish 2nd or 3rd in the B1G and make a good run in the tourney.

Go Blue.
    They gave the best team in the nation absolute fits. Was sold on them, but cooled when McGary left. I am not one of those guys who thinks he is overrated. Is he NBA good? No. Is he a great college player? Absolutely.

I think you guys are better than Wisconsin, but still behind MSU and OSU.

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by bubblebuttluv View Post
    I'd say they will finish 3rd in the Big 10.

MSU will win the Big 10 and I think Wisconsin will get it back together and finish ahead of Michigan.

I hear ESPN talking about Iowa but I haven't seen them play.
    MSU, OSU, Michigan, Iowa and Wisconsin those guys will all be in it. MSU and OSU probably a class ahead of the rest.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

+9 for Minny is tempting. Was hoping for +11 though.

MN will run with Iowa tomorrow.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

No opinion on their long term success and all I know is that Stauskas has the balls to be a player. Wisconsin plays zero D around the basket so I do think the B1G is a bit overrated. The defense is lacking this year in a usually strong defensive conference.

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20364

Quote Originally Posted by SH Fontes View Post

Beilein is genius.

Team is very good. B1G is very good again and I expect them to win finish 2nd or 3rd in the B1G and make a good run in the tourney.

Go Blue.
    You're forgetting Hardaway Jr.

Burke + Hardaway Jr + McGary is a lot in my opinion. But they still have good talent in Stauskas, Levert, Glen Robinson, etc. I still think MSU, Iowa, and Wisconsin finish ahead of them in the Big 10. No question Big Ten looks the strongest right now of all the power conferences.

Art Vandelay
    Corona on St. Pats... WTF!
    Art Vandelay's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 57553

After what I saw today, pretty DAMN good! Did not see that one coming...

ChalkyDog

3rd win over a top 10 team this week.

This team is really pretty good.

Not sure which win is more impressive for Arizona @ SDSU (should be top 5 next week) or @ UM (When McGary was healthy + early start time)?

ChiLLx
    ChiLLx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9184

This is a top 10 team for sure. Their Achilles heel will be their lack of a true point guard who can command the game (yes I know Burke left).

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Most teams would win shooting 60+% from three.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by ChiLLx View Post
    This is a top 10 team for sure. Their Achilles heel will be their lack of a true point guard who can command the game (yes I know Burke left).
    Rebounding/interior D.

Chong Wizard
    Chong Wizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

Buy low sell high... Wait till everybody jumps on the bandwagon. Then fade Michigan... Once their ranked in the top 10 will be the time to fade which will probably be next week with the back to back road wins against top 10 ranked teams...

boss_of_um
    boss_of_um's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14883

Watch out for Michigan come tourney time. Them and UF will be dark horse Elite 8 teams at worst.

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by Chong Wizard View Post
    Buy low sell high... Wait till everybody jumps on the bandwagon. Then fade Michigan... Once their ranked in the top 10 will be the time to fade which will probably be next week with the back to back road wins against top 10 ranked teams...
    Thinking the same thing. I was on the UM bandwagon for about a week and a half now. I think this win over MSU will inflate the shit out of UM, especially when people fail to realize this W happened with MSU's two best players in street clothes.

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by boss_of_um View Post
    Watch out for Michigan come tourney time. Them and UF will be dark horse Elite 8 teams at worst.

ChalkyDog

I haven't paid attention to the SEC at all this year, outside of making fun of Kentucky. So I have no idea what Florida looks like this year.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Hard to judge team. Appear to play well but really don't stand our like power house teams usually do. Maybe because they aren't flashy, no clue.

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Hard to judge team. Appear to play well but really don't stand our like power house teams usually do. Maybe because they aren't flashy, no clue.
    Based on player ratings, they're playing way above where they should be. So it's either an anomaly or great coaching. I lean the latter.

Bet10Heinekens
    Bet10Heinekens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5044

Lunardi giving the Shockers a lot of respect

bubblebuttluv
    Derek Jeter, the best shortstop ever.
    bubblebuttluv's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1897

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    I haven't paid attention to the SEC at all this year, outside of making fun of Kentucky. So I have no idea what Florida looks like this year.
    I think Florida looks pretty damn good.

But I have been a Wilbekin fan since he has been in college, so while I don't like the Gators I may be a little biased.

I think Florida absolutely has a better than 58.4% chance of making the Sweet 16.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Stauskas is fvcking cold blooded. Impressed by LeVert and Walton, too. Still not sure if they play enough D -- especially on the interior -- to make it back to the FF.

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Great game today again. Yes, Stauskas is bad ass

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by paco View Post
    Great game today again. Yes, Stauskas is bad ass
    The kiss to the Izzone was amateur hour after the game, though.

boss_of_um

UF is one of my favorite teams to ride come tourney time. Mark my words they are legit.

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by boss_of_um View Post
    UF is one of my favorite teams to ride come tourney time. Mark my words they are legit.
    You look like a Miami fan, so I have no idea how much you keep tabs on the behind the scenes happenings over there at Florida.

I keep hearing a lot that Roy Williams is on the way out barring a miracle run in the tournament this year (assuming they get there), and most people - myself included - have Donovan pegged to take over in Chapel Hill. Any chance you have heard similar rumblings?

Also, Florida has had good guard play for a second now, which as far as I am concerned is still the single most important thing come March. So, I absolutely get the love for them come tourney time. Might have to start paying attention to them if I have any hopes of that Billion dollars.

boss_of_um

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    You look like a Miami fan, so I have no idea how much you keep tabs on the behind the scenes happenings over there at Florida.

I keep hearing a lot that Roy Williams is on the way out barring a miracle run in the tournament this year (assuming they get there), and most people - myself included - have Donovan pegged to take over in Chapel Hill. Any chance you have heard similar rumblings?

Also, Florida has had good guard play for a second now, which as far as I am concerned is still the single most important thing come March. So, I absolutely get the love for them come tourney time. Might have to start paying attention to them if I have any hopes of that Billion dollars.
    I am a 'Canes guy and have absolutely 0 knowledge on behind the scenes stuff at UF, or even UM, for what it's worth. I like Donovan and I think he typically does well in the tourney. I think they will be overlooked because of the weak SEC but I will be very interested in what kind of bracket they end up in.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Mich had to set a record this week

3 wins vs top 10 teams

They must be for real

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Mich had to set a record this week

3 wins vs top 10 teams

They must be for real
    First top 3 top 10's same week since 1987

tokio
    tokio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2886

Books just waiting for them to fall. Giving them points is a no go now.

tnvolfan10
    tnvolfan10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5900

2 of the three on the road also. I really like the play of
    sophomore Nik Stauskas he was 5 of 6 from 3 point
    range tonight.

isotopes
    isotopes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

Texas, Michigan, duke, Kansas, Kentucky all getting over their growing pains and are all hot. Of course Arizona and cuse have been hot all year. With no dominant team this year Michigan can definitely make a run. Probably 10-15 schools could win if they got the right match ups in the tourney. Would love to see Wichita state play a legit top ten team, their a dark horse come tourney time.