Tony Romo of Daily Fantasy
    Monitor-Tan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 428

The Case for Craig Biggio in the HOF!

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

He'll get in. 2 votes short this time around with three sure fire first ballot HOF going in. Biggio deserves it.

greenhippo
    greenhippo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

Baseball not my sport, but I have to ask.

Bagwell was a better player than Thomas, if only because he played a defensive position while Thomas didn't have to for the most part. Bagwell not in the Mitchel Report, never tested positive for anything, or fingerpointed by anyone as a user. Yet he has the stigma as a user, while Thomas, who was just as big if not bigger physically than Bagwell had ZERO suspicion? Really? Then he gets in easily on his first try and Bagwell is still a mile away?

Also, Jeff Kent is a HOFer. Top 3 2nd baseman of all time and the best offensive 2nd baseman in the history of the sport. Does being the best at one of the 9 positions in the history of the game mean nothing?

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

As a purist I want to say no. As a realist I say yes, let him in.

He was not great. He was a decent catcher and when his knees gave him problems went to 2nd and was a dam good 2nd baseman. He didn't have power but turned a lot of singles into doubles.

A great guy overall. He was great as a leadoff and batting 2nd. Was a great base stealer despite having just better than average speed. Guy never moved out of the way of a pitch to take a base. He used his lack of size and likeability with umpires to get a lot of walks. Maybe he was great.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Quote Originally Posted by Monitor-Tan View Post

BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

Quote Originally Posted by greenhippo View Post
    Baseball not my sport, but I have to ask.

Bagwell was a better player than Thomas, if only because he played a defensive position while Thomas didn't have to for the most part. Bagwell not in the Mitchel Report, never tested positive for anything, or fingerpointed by anyone as a user. Yet he has the stigma as a user, while Thomas, who was just as big if not bigger physically than Bagwell had ZERO suspicion? Really? Then he gets in easily on his first try and Bagwell is still a mile away?

Frank Thomas was pretty much the same size from when he was a rookie to when he retired. Probably filled out just a little because he started so young and wasn't even done growing yet. I'd guess roughly 230-250lbs his whole career.
    Solid as a rock and a health-nut from day 1.

Bagwell gained 70 by the time he retired.
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 05-13-16 at 02:35 PM. Reason: image does not exist