cane
    cane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3110

Quote Originally Posted by Pauulzcappin View Post
    Lebron will be 2/3 in 5 finals appearences this year. A great player can't lose that much when it counts.

He is a great player but he won't win more than 4 titles. And that counts a lot in comparisons.
    What makes you so sure? He's still in his prime, he's the most dominant player in the game and you know the Heat will re-tool in the offseason, as long as he stays in Miami, the Heat will always be favored to come out of the East. I don't see a team in the East right now capable of stopping Lebron from reaching many more finals. I don't know how many rings he'll end up with, but if I was placing a bet, I'd wager over four.

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24950

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post

And he is damn lucky to have two.
    Lucky isn't the word. It's a best of 7 series. You have to earn your rings. It isn't March Madness where you can ride a hot streak. Don't kid yourself, Jordan had help. Pippen, Grant, Kukoc, Rodman....... Kerr and Paxson hit two of the biggest shots during the Bulls run of championships.

If you want to talk about "luck," look no further than Kobe Bryant and his five rings. He had the luxury of playing with Shaq and Gasol, both in their primes. Kobe was a no show in game 7 against the Celtics during his last championship run. He shouldn't have even won the MVP for that series, Gasol was the one who steadied the team.

Besides, people tend to overemphasize ring count anyways, as if that's the only measure of a player's career. It's probably the laziest way to pass judgment.

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11126

Havlicek has 8 rings i guess he's better than jordan who has 6

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11126

Lebron and co kicked the crap out of okc 4 gms to 1 in 2012 how was that lucky lol

You mad bro
    You mad bro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -23

Quote Originally Posted by cane View Post
    You barely have him in your top twenty and he's the idiot? What he posted is the truth.
    I was being sarcastic .... You people on this forum take everything way to seriously

vio_br
    vio_br's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

he is not top5 . he couldn't even get out of the poor EC while he was in Cleveland. He had to come to Miami, which already had a strong core, together with Bosh in order to start winning. He didn't help a team to win championship , he came to a team which already won it.
    those who are saying lebron is top5 have watched basketball for a couple of years only.

akphidelt
    akphidelt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 640

Quote Originally Posted by vio_br View Post
    he is not top5 . he couldn't even get out of the poor EC while he was in Cleveland. He had to come to Miami, which already had a strong core, together with Bosh in order to start winning. He didn't help a team to win championship , he came to a team which already won it.
    those who are saying lebron is top5 have watched basketball for a couple of years only.
    Shows how much this is a team game. Even Michael Jordan couldn't win a championship with Zydrunas Ilgauskas, Mo Williams, and Sideshow Bob. What James did for that Cleveland team is one of the most impressive feats I've seen in sports history.

STAX
    STAX's Avatar Become A Pro!

LeBron made it out of the East in Cleveland and got swept by SA. LeBron is easily in the top 5 of all time, and its basically 1a and 1b between him and Jordan. When its all over, LeBron will be the best of all time. This is coming from a Cleveland fan, so I have bias against him.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I remember when Lebron we to finals with a college team

One of his greatest feats

He will be in more finals than Jordan very soon

brodie
    you got the juice now
    brodie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 416

STAX
    STAX's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by brodie View Post
    he might have 150 when he retires

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

It's a shame a lot of people don't like him personally because if he was a well liked player he would be just about universally considered the GOAT or atleast on pace for it

This Heat team is no good without LBJ...so sick of hearing the decision as the reason why he won titles
    Last edited by MoneyLineDawg; 05-27-14 at 11:20 AM.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by STAX View Post
    he might have 150 when he retires
    End of Discussion

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Lebron is pretty well liked now

Players like him

He has to win more titles of course

cane
    cane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3110

Quote Originally Posted by You mad bro View Post
    I was being sarcastic .... You people on this forum take everything way to seriously
    I like sarcasm, I do it all the time. The problem is, there are so many dumb and ignorant posts on this forum, it's hard to tell who's being sarcastic and who's being serious.

RMStanley
    RMStanley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

He's clearly going to end up (at least) 2nd best of all time, and this is coming from a former LeBron hater. Dude has had an amazing 3.5 years.

You still can't convince me that if he wins another title this year, then bolts for a good young team like the Wizards or Cleveland and wins a couple more that he won't be in the conversation as the GOAT.

Ted Sheckler
    Ted Sheckler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

Quote Originally Posted by RMStanley View Post
    He's clearly going to end up (at least) 2nd best of all time, and this is coming from a former LeBron hater. Dude has had an amazing 3.5 years.

You still can't convince me that if he wins another title this year, then bolts for a good young team like the Wizards or Cleveland and wins a couple more that he won't be in the conversation as the GOAT.

Even if he sticks with the Heat and doesn't bolt and wins next 2-3 years...there still shouldn't even be a conversation.
    Every great NBA team has had more than 1 all-star on the team. Cleveland had Ilgauskas, I think he was an all-star and that was it. I think the Mavs in 2011 were the only team in the past 25 years to win a championship with only 1 all-star.

You mad bro
    You mad bro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -23

Quote Originally Posted by cane View Post
    I like sarcasm, I do it all the time. The problem is, there are so many dumb and ignorant posts on this forum, it's hard to tell who's being sarcastic and who's being serious.
    its all good

just a heads up, about 90% of my posts are sarcastic posts

unless they're about hockey

Luckycharms2012
    Luckycharms2012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5412

Quote Originally Posted by akphidelt View Post
    No Wilt or Russell? Get outta here. You must be 16 years old with this list.
    I was born in the 80's.

Bill Russell played basketball from 1956-1969, Wilt Chamberlain played basketball from 1959 to 1973. In my opinion the competition back then wasn't that good. A guy like Bill Russell or Wilt Chamberlain being the tallest and the strongest by a mile dominated. I start recognizing accomplishments from 1970 forward where there's more talent in the pool to go up against. Shaq had to battle with Hakeem, Ewing, Mourning, Divac, Sabonis, Duncan, Robinson, Yao, Mutumbo, the quality of player and talent isn't the same in Chamberlain/Russell era.

Menses
    Menses's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5815

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    I hate Kobe but he has a way better resume than Lebron.

Lebron is 2-2 in the finals. Jordan was 6-0.

Also, Jordan didn't have to court two All-Stars to struggle to go 2-1 in the Finals.

Jordan made everyone on the Bulls better. Pipped was a good player but Jordan made him who he was.

Lebron isn't done. This conversation would be better served at the end of his career.
    Kobe has two rings...the first 3 don't count...and the last one is tainted as he was bailed out by the Refs, and Gasol while going 6 for 24 from the field...Lebron could manage that in a wheel chair...Take a young Lebron and give him Shaq....they'd have the same resume minus the rape charge, selfishness and the destroyed dynasty...

Menses

Quote Originally Posted by Luckycharms2012 View Post
    That's because Kobe is better than Magic and Duncan. Duncan is still the best PF all time according to my list.
    LOL....If I were the administrator you would be banned from this site...Magic won 5 rings including one in his rookie season...and played 6 less years than Kobe...and Duncan dominated his position for 16 years...Wade has and continues to s h i t on Kobe's legacy....

Menses

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    Lebron's the GOAT now, and he'll be the GOAT when he retires.

There's a reason Jordan always makes these subtle digs at LBJ publicly, and it's because he knows in his heart that Lebron is the greatest threat to his throne. MJ's massive ego can't deal with that fact.

And this is a plankton ==> which provides sustenance for the largest animal on earth, the blue whale.
    You are half correct....Lebron is not GOAT now...as his career is not finished. But Jordan is indeed threatened by Lebron...which is why he is very complimentary to Kobe now that Kobe is a liability on defense and a Gimp who cannot shoot 50 percent to save his life...Girls love their ugly girlfriends because they make them look better in public...lol....Most girls wouldn't want Beyonce aka Lebron as a friend...hahahaha

Menses

Lebron took a team of scrubs and D LEAGUERS to the NBA finals against the greatest NBA team of the past 20 years...The San Antonio Spurs. Duncan told Lebron the league would be his in a few years...look where we are....so who the hell are you? LOL....Miami does not win a ring without James...the 07 team lost 67 games....The 2013 team won 66....That's plus 66 in a 6 year span....recognize greatness when you see it...

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32341

I can take LBJ or leave LBJ as a person.
    I do think he flops way too much, and I do think he gets a ton of ref help.

Now having said that, I listen to him speak and comes across very intelligent.
    Also, the more I watch him, the more I think he's one of the most basketball 'smart' players I have ever seen play.

Like when Jeremy Lin was in New York, and Linsanity was taking over, Miami came into the Garden right in the middle of Lin's insane streak.

Well, James and company decided to front or 'chest' Lin, baseline to baseline, James got right into Lin's jersey that game the second he touched the ball, would not let him dribble to half court, took Lin totally out of his game, James did this to him on every possession.
    (yes, James was on the PG that game)
    I thought that was very basketball smart.

He's growing on me.

Top five? Not yet.
    Top ten? Yeah

Eddy Munny

Quote Originally Posted by Menses View Post
    You are half correct....Lebron is not GOAT now...as his career is not finished. But Jordan is indeed threatened by Lebron...which is why he is very complimentary to Kobe now that Kobe is a liability on defense and a Gimp who cannot shoot 50 percent to save his life...Girls love their ugly girlfriends because they make them look better in public...lol....Most girls wouldn't want Beyonce aka Lebron as a friend...hahahaha
    I believe that Lebron is the GOAT right now and the reason I say that is because he is in his prime. There's no more guesswork about what he's capable of. Sure we can wait around until he rounds out his resume as his career winds down, but that's not gonna change his skill set. If he continues to have a competent team around him, then the championships will fall into place. If the team around him begins to crumble, he may not match Jordan's jewelry collection. But that's not going to change my opinion of him.

Look at it this way, if Lebron fell off the face of the planet tomorrow, would you let that hold his legacy hostage? I wouldn't. If it all ended tomorrow, I can honestly say I've seen enough out of the man to render my decision. His resume will take care of itself, barring injury or poor GM decisions. When I say he's the GOAT, I'm saying that if a draft were held right now with any player in NBA history available (in their respective primes of course), I'm taking Lebron James with the number one overall pick and I'm not even deliberating.

LBJ is the man you can build a franchise around... Too fast, too strong, too versatile, elevates his teammates... The GOAT....Period.

JohnGalt2341
    46 and 2 are just ahead of me
    JohnGalt2341's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3715

akphidelt

Quote Originally Posted by Luckycharms2012 View Post
    I was born in the 80's.

Bill Russell played basketball from 1956-1969, Wilt Chamberlain played basketball from 1959 to 1973. In my opinion the competition back then wasn't that good. A guy like Bill Russell or Wilt Chamberlain being the tallest and the strongest by a mile dominated. I start recognizing accomplishments from 1970 forward where there's more talent in the pool to go up against. Shaq had to battle with Hakeem, Ewing, Mourning, Divac, Sabonis, Duncan, Robinson, Yao, Mutumbo, the quality of player and talent isn't the same in Chamberlain/Russell era.
    Very disrespectful to the past legends. Especially bringing up Divac and Sabonis???? You are killing me smalls.

Menses

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    I believe that Lebron is the GOAT right now and the reason I say that is because he is in his prime. There's no more guesswork about what he's capable of. Sure we can wait around until he rounds out his resume as his career winds down, but that's not gonna change his skill set. If he continues to have a competent team around him, then the championships will fall into place. If the team around him begins to crumble, he may not match Jordan's jewelry collection. But that's not going to change my opinion of him.

Look at it this way, if Lebron fell off the face of the planet tomorrow, would you let that hold his legacy hostage? I wouldn't. If it all ended tomorrow, I can honestly say I've seen enough out of the man to render my decision. His resume will take care of itself, barring injury or poor GM decisions. When I say he's the GOAT, I'm saying that if a draft were held right now with any player in NBA history available (in their respective primes of course), I'm taking Lebron James with the number one overall pick and I'm not even deliberating.

LBJ is the man you can build a franchise around... Too fast, too strong, too versatile, elevates his teammates... The GOAT....Period.
    People tend to be loyal to their era...especially when it comes to music and sports..Jordan loyalists, Kobe Loyalists, even movies...Connery vs Moore vs Pierce...etc etc...but you make a strong argument...and unlike most Kobe, Lebron, & Jordan supporters...its not biased...lol

GT21Megatron
    GT21Megatron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6199

1) Jordan
    2) Kobe
    3) Magic
    4) Bird
    5a) lebron
    5b) DURANT

akphidelt

Quote Originally Posted by GT21Megatron View Post
    1) Jordan
    2) Kobe
    3) Magic
    4) Bird
    5a) lebron
    5b) DURANT
    Kids these days just have no respect!!

raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15395

Jordan
    Bird
    Magic

Jordan was also a better defender than LeBron. Jordan had more steals and blocked shots. Jordan could jump out of the gym and led the league in steals 3 times.

Jordan also played all 82 games 8 times and LeBron has never done that.
    Last edited by raiders72001; 05-28-14 at 02:20 AM.

vio_br
    vio_br's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

Quote Originally Posted by Menses View Post
    Lebron took a team of scrubs and D LEAGUERS to the NBA finals against the greatest NBA team of the past 20 years...The San Antonio Spurs. Duncan told Lebron the league would be his in a few years...look where we are....so who the hell are you? LOL....Miami does not win a ring without James...the 07 team lost 67 games....The 2013 team won 66....That's plus 66 in a 6 year span....recognize greatness when you see it...
    in 2006-2007 it wasn't Lebron who carried the team in the final, he wasn't the leader of the team. While lebron evolved, he never made it back in the final with Cleveland. He had to move to Miami in order to win something. So all the talk about lebron(at 22) taking Cleveland to the final is not true.

Seaweed
    Update your status
    Seaweed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6952

This was a good bump

Seaweed
    Update your status
    Seaweed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6952

in 2006-2007 it wasn't Lebron who carried the team in the final, he wasn't the leader of the team. While lebron evolved, he never made it back in the final with Cleveland. He had to move to Miami in order to win something. So all the talk about lebron(at 22) taking Cleveland to the final is not true.
    It wasnt lebron? Then who?

Eddy Munny

Quote Originally Posted by Seaweed View Post
    It wasnt lebron? Then who?
    Sasha Pavlovic obviously...
    Points Awarded:

7secondsOrLess gave Eddy Munny 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

First 123456 Last