tipsadontlikehim
    tipsadontlikehim's Avatar Become A Pro!

How many of you broke because of great sport knowledge but crap money management?

i am one of those

july 2013 i finally starts with some money management strategy, it was a chase, betting only on tennis my best sport by far

start with 10 000 aus dollars, ends up with 20 000 two months later (i put 500 on Nadal to win US open back in july, odds 9.35)

september, starts to follow someone's tips in soccer don't know why... and lost 10 000 on 1 game, how stupid is that ?

anyone of you think they have great knowledge but crap money management ?? 90% of us i guess

greenhippo
    greenhippo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

Wouldn't say broke, but I can contribute thousands and thousands to bad money management. If I had someone place my bets for me and cut me off when I tried to chase I have no doubt I'd be a good $25-30k richer. It's a hell of a thing.

tipsadontlikehim

Quote Originally Posted by greenhippo View Post
    Wouldn't say broke, but I can contribute thousands and thousands to bad money management. If I had someone place my bets for me and cut me off when I tried to chase I have no doubt I'd be a good $25-30k richer. It's a hell of a thing.
    i feel exactly the same

would be nice to have some tips here, how do professionnal gamblers manage the thing ?

Dr.Gonzo
    Dr.Gonzo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3192

Quote Originally Posted by tipsadontlikehim View Post
    i feel exactly the same

would be nice to have some tips here, how do professionnal gamblers manage the thing ?
    Discipline is most important trait in a pro gambler, I know so otherwise pretty average gamblers but they have ground out huge bankrolls because they never donk off money.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Sports knowledge is good if your a scout

It does nothing to help in sports betting

That is a math game and discipline and all other traits guys have mentioned here

Hot Jerry
    Hot Jerry's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4638

U handicap ur self and u don't bet every day . If any handicapper tell u that he doesn't have a game for day or two than that is the capper that u want to listen to and compare ur picks with - he know how to make money !!

warbux
    warbux's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3369

i know nothing about sports i just bet cause im addicted to gambling.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: mwgriffin

Hot Jerry
    Hot Jerry's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4638

Quote Originally Posted by warbux View Post
    i know nothing about sports i just bet cause im addicted to gambling.
    Remember that a lot of guys on this site play betpoints and not a real money. And some of them lie as well - so wish u good luck and be careful.

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

i am one of those

july 2013 i finally starts with some money management strategy, it was a chase, betting only on tennis my best sport by far

start with 10 000 aus dollars, ends up with 20 000 two months later (i put 500 on Nadal to win US open back in july, odds 9.35)

september, starts to follow someone's tips in soccer don't know why... and lost 10 000 on 1 game, how stupid is that ?

anyone of you think they have great knowledge but crap money management ?? 90% of us i guess
    When someone asks a tout, well if you are so good at handicapping why don't you just pick and bet the games yourself? One reason is the difficulty with money management and not overreacting to bad streaks.

So the answer here is to become a tout obviously.

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15084

i feel exactly the same

Labouchere is a built-in discipline system. I use it and love it. You have to bet really small relative to your bankroll, so your money always goes up, just slowly. Not for the impatient. The impatient always go broke anyway, it's just a matter of when.

tipsadontlikehim

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie Halves View Post
    Labouchere is a built-in discipline system. I use it and love it. You have to bet really small relative to your bankroll, so your money always goes up, just slowly. Not for the impatient. The impatient always go broke anyway, it's just a matter of when.
    care to share an example ? i read about it but never tried

Ralphie Halves

care to share an example ? i read about it but never tried
    Eh, there's no short answer really. It's a system you have to learn, albeit a really easy one. Send me a PM, and I'll lay it out for you.

rankslash
    rankslash's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8734

i am one of those

Can you explain your chase tennis betting strategy? Why you decided to stop using it?

tipsadontlikehim

Ralphie i sent you a PM cheers mate

rank: nothing revolutionary really, on a bankroll of 1 000 i would try to Win 3 for each chase, depending on the odds that gives me 6 or 7 attempts in a row at least. As I am watching tennis since 1999, I never lost 7 bets in a row in tennis if the odds are below 2.00, never happened.

One thing I liked to do was the game spread of the dog, when you chose your match carefully it often works. And usually if a guy spread was +4 i would secure it with +5 with a lower odds, let's say 1.55 or 1.60

I think on this kind of bet when chosing the "safe" game spread i was 21-4 on a sample of 25 matches.

So stupid I stopped it because tennis was over in november, i will start doing it again next week, finally some tennis

but like almost everyone here, sometimes i will lose patience and bet 10 or 20% of the bank when very confident, and lose..

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

dont be so hard on yourself pal.

Positive thinking is the key to success in life.

tipsadontlikehim

i know that man 2014 will be better no doubt

rankslash
    rankslash's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8734

2014 will be a great year!

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie Halves View Post
    hey ralphie, happy holidays pal.

why didn't you chime in to that thread where the guy was promising 1000% return a year from doing forex?

Bet10Heinekens
    Bet10Heinekens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5044

That's how the books win, 90% of gamblers have no self control and bankroll management

tipsadontlikehim

Quote Originally Posted by Bet10Heinekens View Post
    That's how the books win, 90% of gamblers have no self control and bankroll management
    i believe so, books win because human are... human

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I love how guys think they know sports which is fine

It does not equate to a good gambler

men follow me

Al Masters
    Al Masters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11516

Follow my plays when you see them.

I put lots of time into making one play.
    Last edited by Al Masters; 12-26-13 at 01:22 PM.

Ralphie Halves

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    hey ralphie, happy holidays pal.

why didn't you chime in to that thread where the guy was promising 1000% return a year from doing forex?
    Holy crap, I missed that one. I'm not on every day. Link?

Happy holidays to you too sir.

tipsadontlikehim

Quote Originally Posted by Al Masters View Post

i saw that the other day on the 'easy winners' topic, i think u were 5/0 so far
    where do u usually post your plays?

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by Al Masters View Post

any leans on upcoming football games?