Betpoints: 3780

OSU ranks 3rd in Passing offense
    Boise ranks 81st in Passing defense.

this is worth going large on.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

Quote Originally Posted by HOT WINGS View Post
    Also, not sure how Beavers come to play. There on a 5 game losing streak with last one being a heartbreaking loss to there in state "powerhouse" rival. Its all about motivation in these non BCS bowls and I think Oregon State has about 10% motivation in this game. GL all and Merry Christmas
    ? makes no sense. Oregon State can say they won the Hawaii Bowl for the rest of their lives. The previous 5 losses
    only make them more hungry to savor a victory, go out on a winning note, with a Bowl game, that is the definition of motivation.

HOT WINGS
    HOT WINGS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3651

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    ? makes no sense. Oregon State can say they won the Hawaii Bowl for the rest of their lives. The previous 5 losses
    only make them more hungry to savor a victory, go out on a winning note, with a Bowl game, that is the definition of motivation.
    Yeah I see what your saying but rewind back to September when Oregon State started #25. I think they were envisioning a team that would be better than 6-6. I just think the season has been kind of a disappointment to everyone there and it was capped off with a 5 game losing streak. Maybe they come out motivated with a fire under there ass to the right ship, but just don't see it myself. Anyways been wrong plenty of times before so maybe Oregon State comes out and smokes them but Ill take my chances. GL snowball one of us will be happy.

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly
    Dollars2Donuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 589

I have the game capped similarly to Rangers above and for similar reasons.

Add in the loss of Peterson, which will only have somewhere between zero effect and a negative effect and the Southwick debacle which will again have between zero and negative effect and I like OSU here. I wish I could have had them in the -140 range, but instead I was forced into playing with the 3 point handicap.

I think OSU covers here over 60% of the time if this game is played 100 times.....that puts me solidly on OSU.

I wish it were otherwise, because BS is my favourite NCAA school.....

​D2D

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

SteveKerrsJunk
    SteveKerrsJunk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 134

I took the Bait. Oregon St -3

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly

JJ, who possibly gave you Oregon at -2.5?? I see the line moving the other way....

SteveKerrsJunk

Line up to -3.5 on 5dimes

broadway6
    on to the next one
    broadway6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

Jj due or fade material?

MiDNiTe
    MiDNiTe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5520

beavers going to roll tonight

vanc143
    vanc143's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 355

Seems like a lot of people trying to convince themselves that Oregon is the right move here. I don't buy the controversy of the coach/QB situation. This team will still go out and play hard. Their "backup" QB actually has good numbers and has been playing a lot.

Just got BS at +4.
    Last edited by vanc143; 12-24-13 at 04:51 PM.

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly

Yep, it is at +4 on 5dimes as well. I am glad I got in at -3, but still believe that Oregon is the side to be on. I am a little scared about being on the same side as JJ, but even a blind nut finds a squirrel now and then.....

nofear1227
    nofear1227's Avatar Become A Pro!

I've got Boise State and the points. Reason being is the adjusted offense and defenxse favor boise state. Oregon States adjusted passing offense is 55 vs a Pass defense of 58. Then Boise st pass offense of 100 vs a pass defense of 19. The rushing numbers favor boise st big time in my opinion. Boise state has a very mediocre rush rank of 83 but oregon state rush defense is 114 huge advantage boise st. Then they boast a rush defense of 14 vs a 92 ranked rush offense of oregon st. THese adjusted numbers are for competition and strength of defenses and offenses they have played. I'm rolling boise st and the points. Good luck to everyone else.

ringemup
    ringemup's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3171

After reviewing this matchup, heres how I see it. OSU comes in on a winless rut having ended the season on a tough battle losing the Civil War rivalry to the Ducks. The Broncos have picked up a few wins to end the year despite sum off field turbulence with peterson departed. At first glance theres temptation to like Boise just off reputation as bowl busters recently. Having said this a couple of things concern me when looking at recent losses boise suffered and its clear to me talent is not wut it used to be for the broncos. On the other side OSU despite 5 straight losses showed fight in all but one which they were blown out. Although it is technically not a road game for either side it is clear as day Beavers play strong and loose away from home. Offensively Boises bread n butter starts with the ground game to set up manageable 3rd downs while OSU likes to go with an aerial attack that seems to have slowed down a bit. It just happens that both defenses are weakest against the O's strengths. However I feel OSU can patch up their run D with a months rest than Boises shabby pass D. The battles of having gone up against power running teams in the pac-12 will benefit OSU in their preparation. On defense I think OSU will force Hedrick into tough 3rd n long downs n r backed by a dangerous CB tandem wity ballhawking skills among leaders in INT with 6 each. This time theres no Titus Young or Austin Pettis n the receivers are good but not NFL-caliber. With OSU playing to give Riley a win to end the yr. make no doubt they will play blue collar football for 60 min. Boise is excited to be here too but you wonder whether asst. Gregory can match wits with Riley who has an NFL pedigree n will likely make better adjustments thruout the game. Look for the Beavers to come out with a lot of emotion and outplay a Boise team that has seemed fragile against better competition. Edge to Oregon State -3.5. GL, 5 UNIT PLAY.

vanc143

God damn man. Paragraphs are your friend. Use them haha.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    LT Profits is promoting this pick as well
    LT Fades promoted Cowboys and Bears on Sunday. Right now he is only good for fades.

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly

Quote Originally Posted by ringemup View Post
    After reviewing this matchup, heres how I see it. OSU comes in on a winless rut having ended the season on a tough battle losing the Civil War rivalry to the Ducks. The Broncos have picked up a few wins to end the year despite sum off field turbulence with peterson departed. At first glance theres temptation to like Boise just off reputation as bowl busters recently. Having said this a couple of things concern me when looking at recent losses boise suffered and its clear to me talent is not wut it used to be for the broncos. On the other side OSU despite 5 straight losses showed fight in all but one which they were blown out. Although it is technically not a road game for either side it is clear as day Beavers play strong and loose away from home. Offensively Boises bread n butter starts with the ground game to set up manageable 3rd downs while OSU likes to go with an aerial attack that seems to have slowed down a bit. It just happens that both defenses are weakest against the O's strengths. However I feel OSU can patch up their run D with a months rest than Boises shabby pass D. The battles of having gone up against power running teams in the pac-12 will benefit OSU in their preparation. On defense I think OSU will force Hedrick into tough 3rd n long downs n r backed by a dangerous CB tandem wity ballhawking skills among leaders in INT with 6 each. This time theres no Titus Young or Austin Pettis n the receivers are good but not NFL-caliber. With OSU playing to give Riley a win to end the yr. make no doubt they will play blue collar football for 60 min. Boise is excited to be here too but you wonder whether asst. Gregory can match wits with Riley who has an NFL pedigree n will likely make better adjustments thruout the game. Look for the Beavers to come out with a lot of emotion and outplay a Boise team that has seemed fragile against better competition. Edge to Oregon State -3.5. GL, 5 UNIT PLAY.
    I agree with your comments on Oregon playing loose on the road. At 4-2 away from home, going up against a team that loved to play at home....it just seems like the play. While I always bet for myself and don't factor in who the public is on, I still like it when most people disagree with me....so that makes me wonder a bit here, but imo everything points to an OSU win.

Mike Riley versus a missing HC also has to be a huge advantage.

As I said earlier, I think the line on total will be very sharp and that we will see something along the lines of 38-28 OSU wins and breaks Boise's run of bowl victories.

vanc143

Sportsinteraction has it at -4.5 now. Wish I had waited for +4.5.

Phanteezy
    Phanteezy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Tough game guys could see it going either way depending on how dominate the run game is for Boise. However Mannion has a great arm and could shred Boise just as easily...

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

Boise cover...but lose by fg

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

This may not last long

SteveKerrsJunk

C'mon Beavs. Gotta get 7 there little Dizzles.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Lol game over. Good call JJ

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

Ummm yeah beaver..

MiDNiTe

ppl who bet boise st and trash beavers bettors will be gone in 30min boise st another fresno

MiDNiTe

vanc how's your boise st bet going

NardVa
    NardVa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10509

This game is over...

SteveKerrsJunk

Pow!

broadway6
    on to the next one
    broadway6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

JJ got an early christmas present. Marry Christmas, Corbin

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

Refs on Oregon st.. merry Christmas winners!

SteveKerrsJunk

Long way from over.

vanc143

Quote Originally Posted by MiDNiTe View Post
    vanc how's your boise st bet going
    I wasn't trashing anybody. Just saying what I think will happen. Only the 2nd quarter dude, settle down.

Bumdeal
    Twirling his mustache
    Bumdeal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2984

Stop saying this is over when it's nowhere close. Y'all gonna jinx it

NardVa
    NardVa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10509

Boise St can't get a stop. Oregon St just going right down the field.

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly

No frigging doubt. So early, nothing is assured yet. If it gets to 66-6 then I will declare a winner.

Boise with points could still get there for sure.

First 123 Last