VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Looking Ahead To Thursday

A couple juicy looking college hoops games on the slate. Already booked these two for tomorrow.

Clemson -6.5

So Cal -1.5

Clemson is hands down the better team here and there is no reason why the Tigers shouldn't go into Auburn and walk out with a double-digit victory. I usually don't like laying 5+ points on road favs, but I think this is a good spot. Clemson plays absolutely smothering defense and plays a very methodical game on the offensive end. If Auburn isn't hitting some shots and they're possessions are limited then it could get ugly for the Tigers. Auburn hasn't played in 11 days after two blowout losses to Iowa State and Illinois. I know the Tigers are 4-1 at home, but they've played absolutely no one! Beating the likes of Nichols St, Jax St, Murray St and Tennessee St will not get my money on their side. Roll with Clemson here!

In the second game, I'm merely playing the better team with a short number. Long Beach State has played a murderers row schedule to start this season. I don't know why, but this AD has pinned them against Arizona, Michigan, Kansas State (twice), NC State, Creighton, VCU, and Washington. That's 8 of the first 10 games vs. power conference opponents. It's no surprise their 1-9 and have lost 9 straight! However, looking a little deeper into this game, it's a play ON Southern Cal. The Trojans don't do anything exceptionally well, but they do everything pretty decent. They defend, they're offensively efficient, they rebound on both ends of the floor and they've played a decent enough non-conference schedule to justify a 7-3 record. The Trojans looked great against Xavier and are coming off 3 straight victories. This team is going to beat whom they should and lose to the better opponents. At only -1.5 and a short drive from campus, I'll take the Trojans here and hope I'm not falling into the same trap as two weeks ago with Cal.

Those are the two NCAAB locked in for Thursday. I'm also on Edmonton/Colorado Over 5.5 (+100)

Goodluck all.

Madetowin
    Madetowin's Avatar Become A Pro!

Auburn is avg like 80 pts at home while clemson on the road isn't real putting up strong performances. I would LOVE clemson at home but, away at Auburn giving 6 pts seems can't pull the trigger. Remember , clemson just lost to Arkansas on the road by 6 pts. Now i completely completely agree with ur USC pick. LB is complete complete trash. 1-9 and losing by about 10+ pts constantly. With such a low line def. a decent play.

Kind of like the under in the NHL game. But either way good luck on your plays this is just my insight. We usually are on the same page but this one looks a bit rough. Think there are some much better opportunities out there they you might stumble across.

cankid
    cankid's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10364

ok gluck tomorrow

VegasInsider
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Madetowin View Post
    Auburn is avg like 80 pts at home while clemson on the road isn't real putting up strong performances. I would LOVE clemson at home but, away at Auburn giving 6 pts seems can't pull the trigger. Remember , clemson just lost to Arkansas on the road by 6 pts. Now i completely completely agree with ur USC pick. LB is complete complete trash. 1-9 and losing by about 10+ pts constantly. With such a low line def. a decent play.

Kind of like the under in the NHL game. But either way good luck on your plays this is just my insight. We usually are on the same page but this one looks a bit rough. Think there are some much better opportunities out there they you might stumble across.
    They've put up those totals vs. the following schools

76 vs. Nichols State
    92 vs. Northwestern State (#1 fastest tempo in NCAAB, so the 92 is because they had some many possessions)
    78 vs. Jacksonville State
    75 vs. Murray State
    78 vs. Tennessee State

Not very talented.

They've scored 62 and 70 in their only two games against halfway decent teams, both blowout loses in which they gave up 81 and 99 points. Clemson has one of the best defenses in the country, one of the Top 5 for sure.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

Pinny lean doesn't agree with your clemson.

if you like clemson you should wait till tomorrow, it'll probably go down to 5.

chalk46
    chalk46's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1023

^I too feel that you could hold off on that Clemson game and get it at <6.5

VegasInsider
    Update your status

It adjusted 1/2 point since opening, that's nothing to be concerned about.

Look at the UNC total I posted about last night. Opened at 148, jumped to 149 and was bought back to 148.5

I'd be shocked if this number gets to 5. It'll end up 6-7

chalk46

Wright State is worth looking at for tomorrow. They're playing Eastern Ill. & they've been roughed up their past couple of games. EIU leading scorer and assist guy is questionable right now. Wright State is 5-0 ATS in their last 5 @ home. I just put down on W.S -12. If Smith for EIU is deemed out, the spread will increase at least 1 pt.

VegasInsider
    Update your status

As expected, entire world is on USC and now at -2.5

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Insider is very hot
    one of the most underrated handicappers and SBR
    he does his homework and does it well
    Points Awarded:

VegasInsider gave jjgold 10 SBR Point(s) for this post.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Okay. I'll pound em.

Madetowin
    Madetowin's Avatar Become A Pro!

*Long Beach excited, as UCLA transfer G Tyler Lamb will be eligible for the first time this season.*

VegasInsider
    Update your status

God damn Auburn is getting pounded! Never would have thought -6.5 was the worst number by a wide margin. I guess everyone else will have the easier road tonight. Go Clemson!

VegasInsider
    Update your status

Added Play:

Arizona/Southern Over 138.5 (-120)

Stupid game is in the Added section and subject to -120 lines. Bastards. Looks like the best total on the board tonight.

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff
    downsouth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25123

Clemson -4.5 on 5 dimes
    Usc back down to -1.5 at various shops

VegasInsider
    Update your status

That's very surprising but I don't mind being against a 2 point move. I sure did read the public wrong here.

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff
    downsouth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25123

Usc move back to 1.5 wasn't public move. Not sure what drove clemson.

On long beach 2.5 here so maybe 2 point usc win.

Good luck

Jago2008
    SoCal Living
    Jago2008's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nice write-up,

Agree on the USC pick, they crushed this LBST team last year 62-44 and USC is a solid team on the boards and relates- offensive efficiency ~74ppg, just hope defense shows up tonight as it seemed USC was looking ahead in the previous CS-Bakersfield matchup.

Auburn line moving against you as you previously mentioned - not always the whole story, and since I don't pay much attn to either of those teams much, nothing really to add.

Good luck.

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13593

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDAY View Post
    Okay. I'll pound em.
    Big Day, no disrespect as we'd probably get along well, but half your posts are "OK I'll pound em"... I mean I love it and everything but ...

VegasInsider
    Update your status

BigDay is an all time team player. Great dude.

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13593

Quote Originally Posted by VegasInsider View Post
    BigDay is an all time team player. Great dude.
    No doubt... He is the all time "I'll POUND it." Don't get me wrong .. love it.

chalk46

USC down to a pick. I'm pouncing.

TankHankerous
    Frrrrrrunkis!
    TankHankerous's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 576

Quote Originally Posted by Madison View Post
    No doubt... He is the all time "I'll POUND it." Don't get me wrong .. love it.
    but.... your name is Madison

little rich girls that live on Madison Ave in Manhattan are named Madison you square fuk

VegasInsider
    Update your status

Clemson

chalk46

Got a chance on USC

VegasInsider
    Update your status

Yeah, brutal. I'm ready for 0-2

chalk46

You got -2 or 1.5? 2 is best case a push probably.

chalk46

Well, F
    Last edited by chalk46; 12-19-13 at 11:33 PM.

ZetaPsi808
    July 2011 Poster of the Month
    ZetaPsi808's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1982

usc was a bad beat. they should have stopped lb st at the end and then got 2 free throws for the cover

VI who do we like for fridays games ace

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

VI is a good dude..intelligent...i usually look at his plays and consider them....sometimes i tail...im glad i decided to sit these out......i absolutely cringe laying points on the road.....sometimes i do it....and when i do i feel completely guilty and when i lose i always think "i knew better".......there are spots where its too good to pass up.....but i hate losing laying on the road.....prob the worst feeling

VegasInsider
    Update your status

That was tough last night. Clemson got down early then had the game in and let it slip away. USC was brutal. Just one of those nights. Too many defensive letdowns by both teams

Zeta - I hate everything tonight. It's a terrible card and I'll save my money for Saturday's incredible lineup.

chalk46

Not being a dick, but Vegas, were you aware of the Tyler Lamb situation? He was clearly the difference in the game. If Lamb had been playing all year then LBSU might be at .500. On the flip, if he doesn't play last night, then USC covers no problem

VegasInsider
    Update your status

Yes, I was totally aware that it was his first game back. Trust me, I put due diligence into every play I post. Also, that's horaeshit that LBST would be .500 with Lamb in the lineup. They're still a below-average team that happens to have a pretty good talent in Lamb. Long Beach does this every year, they schedule tough non-conf games that are usually away from home. USC just sucked in the first half and late in the game.

chalk46

Maybe not .500 but there are at least 3 games that he makes a deficient difference in.