Ari Gold
    Ari Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 286

Question about season long pick em

Basically I am in a 81 man pool that picks every game against the opening spread. All games have a half point involved so there are no pushes or ties.

Is it best to minimize losses such as when picking a lopsided public side such as KC today vs Washington or saints tonight vs Carolina even if you don't think that team will cover but if you lose then everyone else loses also? Or do you want to stick your neck out and gamble?

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Pick who you think will cover. That's the way I've always approached those pools. If you lose the same game as everyone else by default, you can never get that game back. If you're behind, you can always pick some crazy upsets late in the season and hope to catch people that way.

ksnooksk
    ksnooksk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 34

I need to go to sleep...I just read that you were an 81 year old man.

Ari Gold
    Ari Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 286

Quote Originally Posted by VegasInsider View Post
    Pick who you think will cover. That's the way I've always approached those pools. If you lose the same game as everyone else by default, you can never get that game back. If you're behind, you can always pick some crazy upsets late in the season and hope to catch people that way.
    I agree. I shot myself in the foot today though. I am 10-5 for the week and I picked the panthers and the redskins because I wanted to get a nice little swing and bury some guys...well that back fired.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Live by the hook die by the hook. Win at all cost. Pick like you want to win.