daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Michigan State will be the first top 10 team Ohio State has played since 2009 and the 6th top ten team they've played since 2006.

Tennessee played 6 top 10 teams this season.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11174

I think a lot of teams have an argument to have a shot at playing for a MNC. The old argument of being undefeated is very near sighted. Look at FSU and OSU's schedule and you tell me if a team like Bama, Mizzou, or Stanford couldn't navigate? For as much as people are pissing on OSU's schedule, Sagarin has FSU's schedule worse. What major win has FSU had? Duke next week? Clemson is vastly overrated as we saw last night. Florida was a dumpster fire. FSU has played no one. I think OSU will play 3 teams better than any team FSU will play. Iowa, Wisconsin and now MSU.

Now it's not OSU/FSU's fault for teams in their conference to suck. They can only play who's in front of them. But, it's a shame that both these teams could get in based on their pathetic schedules. 1 loss teams deserve consideration IMO. Look at the SEC West. Any team in that division is at a disadvantage under this system. No way in hell would OSU/FSU have went undefeated in that division. That's why I'm all for an 8 team playoff. The 4 team beats nothing but there will still be a handful of teams still left out of this bullshit beauty pageant.

Noles1992
    Noles1992's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25590

I am not saying schedule was great as it looked at the start of the season, But we have been destroying teams Mac. I remember when the Gators beat FSU last year, was it you that said something like the cubbards were bare seeing FSU was losing all there players to the NFL?

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11662

Quote Originally Posted by GoBlue77 View Post
    2. Florida St is that good. They should have been #1 all along
    Can't wait to take the underdog in the title game. Provided it's not Notre Dame the cover is a lock.

Mac4Lyfe

I don't think I said the cupboard was bare but I did have concerns with all the changes Jimbo and staff had to deal with. I've been a Jimbo basher in the past but I've got to give it to him this year. He has done an incredible job coaching up the young guys. What has impressed me the most is that FSU plays with great discipline and focus. It really is a wonderful job and he should be getting more credit.

Yes, FSU has blown out all their opponents. They deserve a shot above any other team IMO BUT the schedule turned out to be God awful, which is not their fault. Yet, blowing out everyone reminds me of Oklahoma a few years ago. They were averaging like 60+ points a game until they got to the title game and could only put up 14.

Quote Originally Posted by Noles1992 View Post
    I am not saying schedule was great as it looked at the start of the season, But we have been destroying teams Mac. I remember when the Gators beat FSU last year, was it you that said something like the cubbards were bare seeing FSU was losing all there players to the NFL?

WinTheDay24
    WinTheDay24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 521

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    I think a lot of teams have an argument to have a shot at playing for a MNC. The old argument of being undefeated is very near sighted. Look at FSU and OSU's schedule and you tell me if a team like Bama, Mizzou, or Stanford couldn't navigate? For as much as people are pissing on OSU's schedule, Sagarin has FSU's schedule worse. What major win has FSU had? Duke next week? Clemson is vastly overrated as we saw last night. Florida was a dumpster fire. FSU has played no one. I think OSU will play 3 teams better than any team FSU will play. Iowa, Wisconsin and now MSU.

Now it's not OSU/FSU's fault for teams in their conference to suck. They can only play who's in front of them. But, it's a shame that both these teams could get in based on their pathetic schedules. 1 loss teams deserve consideration IMO. Look at the SEC West. Any team in that division is at a disadvantage under this system. No way in hell would OSU/FSU have went undefeated in that division. That's why I'm all for an 8 team playoff. The 4 team beats nothing but there will still be a handful of teams still left out of this bullshit beauty pageant.
    Foolish to say the likes of Iowa and Wisky who lost to Penn St us much better than FSUs schedule. Both teams played a horrible schedule. the difference is other than BC nobodys came within 28pts of beating fsu and osu has struggled to bad teams like northwestern, Iowa, Michigan..

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Not that it matters, but FSU scheduled 2 decent teams who backed out on them at the last minute and were forced to schedule Bethune and Idaho. I know one was West Virginia, cant remember the other but I think they were from out west.

Sometimes even when you try to boost your schedule there is nothing you can do.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

I'd still take Clemson over anyone Ohio St plays. Its not easy winning in SoCo theses days...but Mac is right, the schedules arent that much different.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Auburn has a very simple shot at getting into the mix, I think. It will depend how close they are to Ohio State - but if they beat Missouri - even an Ohio State win won't guarantee their spot and who thinks they are going to have an "impressive" win over Michigan State?

We all know the BCS has a boner for the SEC ...

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

FSU Auburn after MSU beats OSU right?

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

It's over at this point. Only team left in it with a punchers chance to beat Florida State is Auburn. Part of that is because they a bag of horse shoes lodged up their asses this season.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

FSU and O$U would be 3 loss teams in the $EC

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    FSU and O$U would be 3 loss teams in the $EC
    Yea...what 3 teams are beating Florida State?

They'd blow the doors off of Georgia, Ole Miss and Vandy who are the mid tier teams. They'd beat LSU, South Carolina, Missouri, probably all by double digits. Auburn & Alabama could give them a game...but they aren't getting 3 loses with an SEC East schedule. They'd probably have 1 loss with an SEC West schedule, maybe two if they had to go to South Carolina or Missouri.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    Yea...what 3 teams are beating Florida State?

They'd blow the doors off of Georgia, Ole Miss and Vandy who are the mid tier teams. They'd beat LSU, South Carolina, Missouri, probably all by double digits. Auburn & Alabama could give them a game...but they aren't getting 3 loses with an SEC East schedule. They'd probably have 1 loss with an SEC West schedule, maybe two if they had to go to South Carolina or Missouri.
    I just have to ask, who did they beat that was worth a shit? Only reason they're #1 is because they buried a highly overrated Clemson team early on. Aside from that garbage game, they have played the easiest of the easy. FSU would be beat by LSU, Auburn, and Bama. Easily. FSU better enjoy it because come next year, the sec will show its pure dominance yet again and this is coming from someone that hates the scumbag sec.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

I just have to ask, who did they beat that was worth a shit? Only reason they're #1 is because they buried a highly overrated Clemson team early on. Aside from that garbage game, they have played the easiest of the easy. FSU would be beat by LSU, Auburn, and Bama. Easily. FSU better enjoy it because come next year, the sec will show its pure dominance yet again and this is coming from someone that hates the scumbag sec.
    They can only play who is on their schedule, but I tell you as an SEC guy they're as talented as anyone in the SEC. Some think Winston would be the 1st overall if he came out this season. They have NFL talent all over the place on offense. Their defensive backs can play man against SEC teams and their lines are just as good as a SEC teams. They could have scored 100 points on NC State, Maryland, and Syracuse. Too bad we won't see them against Alabama.

Mac4Lyfe

I don't think Clemson could beat Iowa, Wisconsin or MSU. It's all conjecture at this point but Clemson is not the world beater everyone wants to label them. Beating perennial choker Georgia in game 1 bumped them up way too high.

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    I'd still take Clemson over anyone Ohio St plays. Its not easy winning in SoCo theses days...but Mac is right, the schedules arent that much different.

uxley.2
    Update your status
    uxley.2's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lolz...you mouth breathers keep trying to justify a team that lost by 2 TD to a three loss LSU. OSU will just keep doing what they've done for two years; win.

You morons who think Auburn will pass OSU in the polls obviously have no idea how much influence Jim Delaney has and severely underestimate how 75% of this country is tired of watching the SEC. B1G, PAC-12, ACC and Big 12 coaches will make sure a 13-0 OSU is in. Get over it ladies.

Noles1992
    Noles1992's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25590

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    I don't think I said the cupboard was bare but I did have concerns with all the changes Jimbo and staff had to deal with. I've been a Jimbo basher in the past but I've got to give it to him this year. He has done an incredible job coaching up the young guys. What has impressed me the most is that FSU plays with great discipline and focus. It really is a wonderful job and he should be getting more credit.

Yes, FSU has blown out all their opponents. They deserve a shot above any other team IMO BUT the schedule turned out to be God awful, which is not their fault. Yet, blowing out everyone reminds me of Oklahoma a few years ago. They were averaging like 60+ points a game until they got to the title game and could only put up 14.
    Fair enough! I do appreciate your posts as they always seem thorough.

irish1
    Update your status
    irish1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5081

First the catch against Georgia, a game Auburn should have lost and now this run back of a field goal! The Tigers have luck going for them, they could easily have lost both games. I wouldn't automatically say this Missouri game will be a win, this will a good game. One of these cats will turn out to be a pussy.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    No one can beat the SEC straight up so it's whatever
    Sorry homer, but the Pac 12 could kick the SEC's tail up one end of the field and down the other. You guys are a bunch of patsies. Stanford would pound any SEC team to death. It is time for the SEC Homers to say good-bye. Your days have come and now passed. How can any South Carolina fan be excited when once again they found another way to lose the SEC East title. Losing to Tennessee? Really? 5-7 Tennessee? Say good-bye.

Wilfred
    Wilfred's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 528

No big deal

Deuce
    Eddie Mush

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfred View Post
    No big deal
    Coming off the bench trying to rip a players helmet off? Nah NBD.

balls2wall
    balls2wall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6601

A 1 loss SEC Champion is heads and shoulders above ohio

Wilfred
    Wilfred's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 528

Coming off the bench trying to rip a players helmet off? Nah NBD.
    Protecting his team. I love it. They went after our freshman, Miller went out and they went after him, he stood up for himself. He didn't go after anyone who was undeserving.

uxley.2
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by balls2wall View Post
    A 1 loss SEC Champion is heads and shoulders above ohio
    Yeah...an Auburn team that lost by 2 TD to a three loss LSU team and a Missouri team that pissed its pants in the 4th quarter at home.

Vegas also says hi regarding Auburn or Missouri beating OSU.

Get ready to change that "SEC 7 in a row!!!" sig.

dotheopposite
    dotheopposite's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1339

I wish the playoff was this year. FSUvsBama would be the 1vs4 ranked, then OSUvsAuburn or Mizzu 2vs3. This is the way it should be. IF osu bets Michigan state and they get the nod over a SEC champ(madness) then the NC game will again be a joke

tokio
    tokio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2886

Quote Originally Posted by uxley.2 View Post
    Yeah...an Auburn team that lost by 2 TD to a three loss LSU team and a Missouri team that pissed its pants in the 4th quarter at home.

Vegas also says hi regarding Auburn or Missouri beating OSU.
    You're talking about a Mizzou team that had their 2nd string QB playing against the loss to South Carolina. Mizzou is 10-2 ATS this year, Vegas isnt laughing at nobody but fools who bet against them.

Ohio State struggled in the Northwestern game before the late pull away and barely held on to beat Michigan.

no1here
    no1here's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6547

ohio st won't beat Mich St

Deuce
    Eddie Mush

Meyer Won’t Suspend Players Ejected In Michigan-Ohio State Game

INTEGRITY

uxley.2
    Update your status

Meyer Won’t Suspend Players Ejected In Michigan-Ohio State Game

INTEGRITY
    I'm looking over your posts and I can't find you stating any problem with Jimbo Fisher playing a kid who is being investigated for a felony. Lolz at you.

uxley.2
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by tokio View Post
    You're talking about a Mizzou team that had their 2nd string QB playing against the loss to South Carolina. Mizzou is 10-2 ATS this year, Vegas isnt laughing at nobody but fools who bet against them.

Ohio State struggled in the Northwestern game before the late pull away and barely held on to beat Michigan.
    Ohio State had their backup QB play for three games. They didn't lose.

Ohio State suspended their RB for three games. They didn't lose.

They lost a starting safety safety for the season with a broken ankle in week 5. They haven't lost.

Notice a pattern?

While you make excuses for other teams, OSU will keep winning all their games.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush

I'm looking over your posts and I can't find you stating any problem with Jimbo Fisher playing a kid who is being investigated for a felony. Lolz at you.
    Well here is the problem. He wasn't thrown out of a game or charged with anything. The ignorant fukks at Ohio were tossed and proceeded with obscenity on the way out. Big difference, kiddo.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush

Ohio State had their backup QB play for three games. They didn't lose.

Ohio State suspended their RB for three games. They didn't lose.

They lost a starting safety safety for the season with a broken ankle in week 5. They haven't lost.

Notice a pattern?

While you make excuses for other teams, OSU will keep winning all their games.
    Your coach has no integrity at all. 3 cup cake games for what he did is an absolute joke. You should be embarrassed.

uxley.2
    Update your status

Your coach has no integrity at all. 3 cup cake games for what he did is an absolute joke. You should be embarrassed.
    We agree completely. The police and video of the incident proved Carlos did nothing illegal, yet Urban still suspended him for three games. Completely unnecessary suspension.

I personally am fine with Jimbo playing Jameis. The problem I have is with people holding Urban to a completely different standard than any other coach in this country. Urban suspends the top RB in the country for putting himself in a bad situation and nothing more and he gets criticized. Jimbo plays a kid who refuses to cooperate (again, his right, but you need to apply the same logic Urban did) in a felony investigation and we don't hear a peep. Hell, Les Miles let a kid play who forced a woman to blow him AND assault someone. Barely a peep.

You're obviously a UM fan, so I don't expect you to admit it, but applying a standard for one coach and letting the other 125 slide is laughable at best.

First 123 Last