Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Quote Originally Posted by BriGuy View Post
    I think Baylor passes Ohio State after this weekend (assuming, of course, they win).

Said same 3 weeks ago. Strength of schedule kills OSU

Noles1992
    Noles1992's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25590

You obviously haven't attended college anytime in the past decade or so, so let me clue you in: If she was drunk, it doesn't matter if it was consensual or not. I know that sounds crazy, but it's absolutely true. All she has to do is say "Officer, I don't really remember what happened" and that's a textbook sexual assault charge for the guy. Hear me now and believe me later: He is far, far better off if she was sober because at least then he's got a chance. This was drilled into our heads: Drunk girl + sex = Felony.
    Yeah I think your right about this, from what I am reading.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

You obviously haven't attended college anytime in the past decade or so, so let me clue you in: If she was drunk, it doesn't matter if it was consensual or not. I know that sounds crazy, but it's absolutely true. All she has to do is say "Officer, I don't really remember what happened" and that's a textbook sexual assault charge for the guy. Hear me now and believe me later: He is far, far better off if she was sober because at least then he's got a chance. This was drilled into our heads: Drunk girl + sex = Felony.
    I was in college in the 90's. We use to have sex with drunk girls all the time. I was never accused of anything. If there are no physical marks on her or him indicating forceful entry he is innocent. In fact if this case was in any other country it wouldn't have been investigated by the police. It's very weak and the cops will laugh at you if you say someone had sex with you while you were drunk. They would say:"What you were thinking?".

bubblebuttluv
    Derek Jeter, the best shortstop ever.
    bubblebuttluv's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1897

Mariotta would still win it before Miller.

Manziel will get it again.

Even if nothing comes from the investigation (I like Winston, I just firmly believe he really fukked up and he will have to "bring the swag back" to the jailhouse), too many old dogs are going to shy away from Winston.

Noles1992

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas39 View Post
    Said same 3 weeks ago. Strength of schedule kills OSU
    couple of losses in top 4 and Pollsters telling FSU to go screw, could be your guys back in there?

BriGuy
    BriGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4149

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    I was in college in the 90's. We use to have sex with drunk girls all the time. I was never accused of anything.
    Then you should consider yourself lucky you went to college 20 years ago because these days, if one of those girls had 2nd thoughts after the fact and went to the authorities, you would have been in a shit ton of trouble.
    If there are no physical marks on her or him indicating forceful entry he is innocent. In fact if this case was in any other country it wouldn't have been investigated by the police. It's very weak and the cops will laugh at you if you say someone had sex with you while you were drunk. They would say:"What you were thinking?".
    No offense, but now you're just showing your obscene ignorance.

Vegas39

Quote Originally Posted by Noles1992 View Post
    couple of losses in top 4 and Pollsters telling FSU to go screw, could be your guys back in there?

Need a lot . Need the miracle Notre Dame got last year

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Generally speaking a drunk, passed out guy is not going to be able to penetrate a female.
    Drunk girl + sex + girl filing police report = felony on college campuses these days. If you're in college, you're a moron if you penetrate a girl you don't really know too well, because she could easily penetrate you in the morning.
    Definitely possible, even a girl touching a dude that he can't consent to at all should be sexual assault, no? Doesn't need to be penetration.....at first I was half kidding about how ridiculous it is when some girls don't like the sluts they were so they scream rape.....So how come when we hook up with cows all bombed up we can't do the same?

I know how it is, it's just a joke.....Sucks for the girls that really do get raped but they are outnumbered by the bullshit for sure

BriGuy

Something I was wondering earlier today... suppose FSU wins out but Winston faces a potential suspension. What are the ethics of downgrading them based not on how they performed, but on projecting how they might perform without the guy?

Vegas39

Something I was wondering earlier today... suppose FSU wins out but Winston faces a potential suspension. What are the ethics of downgrading them based not on how they performed, but on projecting how they might perform without the guy?

Dont think you punish entire team

BriGuy

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    Definitely possible, even a girl touching a dude that he can't consent to at all should be sexual assault, no?
    I absolutely agree that it should. I'm just saying that in the real world of ultra-politically-correct campuses, there is very little sympathy for a guy in this situation, but any girl in this situation can make the guy she was with a felon. Besides, it's all a moot point since we have a report she wasn't drunk.

bubblebuttluv
    Derek Jeter, the best shortstop ever.
    bubblebuttluv's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1897

Unless the Seminoles could pull another sick true Freshman out of nowhere, they are done if Winston is done.

BriGuy

Good point, but I'm not sure it's a punishment if you vote for them to be, say, the #8 team in the nation if they don't have Winston. If anything, that's probably a bit generous.

Noles1992

if they struggle with teams , pollsters might not look at them as the same team. I hope not but lets face it, that will be talked about now on the BCS show as it seemed to be getting boring

Vegas39

Good point, but I'm not sure it's a punishment if you vote for them to be, say, the #8 team in the nation if they don't have Winston. If anything, that's probably a bit generous.
    do they beat Florida or win Acc title game without him

BriGuy

I think they would certainly stand a good chance of beating a weak Florida team...... and in the ACC Championship, they could easily be facing Duke (!) which is also winnable....

Noles1992

Well unfortunately the girls name is out all over Tally according to my son. So all the kids are checking out her moms facebook who happens to be very good friends with the Tbay times editor.Who broke the story. Family said they wanted to move on in life and did not initiate the media frenzy. So the timing of this is still suspect somewhat.

Vegas39

I think they would certainly stand a good chance of beating a weak Florida team...... and in the ACC Championship, they could easily be facing Duke (!) which is also winnable....

Ok Idaho beats them Saturday ( sorry Noles )

Noles1992

Yeah I would hope so. But doubt its going to be 40 zip at half

Noles1992

Ok Idaho beats them Saturday ( sorry Noles )

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

Well unfortunately the girls name is out all over Tally according to my son. So all the kids are checking out her moms facebook who happens to be very good friends with the Tbay times editor.Who broke the story. Family said they wanted to move on in life and did not initiate the media frenzy. So the timing of this is still suspect somewhat.
    Word on the street is its SBR user CDMKMP sister. Doing more intel as we speak.

Noles1992

What the kids up there need to realize is that there just adding more fuel to the fire. The family were actually huge Seminole fans from what I understood and possibly went there themselves back in the day. Its a freeking nightmare for them also

Vegas39

Probably best for FSU they are playing Idaho. Gotta be huge distraction.

Noles1992

True Vegas, But I just thought of something =the weird thing is the State attorney had said they didnt get a DNA or talk to Winston as of early today. So hope this isnt a bogus report?

Vegas39

True Vegas, But I just thought of something =the weird thing is the State attorney had said they didnt get a DNA or talk to Winston as of early today. So hope this isnt a bogus report?

My wife just asked if he hadn't been even interviewed how did they get his DNA

Noles1992

Kind of like The CSI shows! they took it from his mouthpiece or Gatorade cup at the game?

Vegas39

Kind of like The CSI shows! they took it from his mouthpiece or Gatorade cup at the game?

Ok that was funny

Noles1992

I am out for the night on that note. Til tmrw

MiDNiTe
    MiDNiTe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5520

no Winston gave it to the cops

Vegas39

Quote Originally Posted by MiDNiTe View Post
    no Winston gave it to the cops

Thats where story makes no sense. As was stated he was never talked to as chick didn't want to press charges

CDMKMP
    CDMKMP's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 651

Thats where story makes no sense. As was stated he was never talked to as chick didn't want to press charges
    His lawyer willing provided a mouth swab, it's written in all the articles.

Now if you wanna claim that's false, go ahead, but it makes sense as it was written if you read the actual news.

Vegas39

Quote Originally Posted by CDMKMP View Post
    His lawyer willing provided a mouth swab, it's written in all the articles.

Now if you wanna claim that's false, go ahead, but it makes sense as it was written if you read the actual news.

Missed that part thanks

CDMKMP
    CDMKMP's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 651

From ESPN: Winston's DNA was recently obtained through a buccal swab he provided to authorities investigating the case.

Edit: No worries, it wasn't mentioned in every story, seems like the details of it were only given in the original ESPN one

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Something happened. But how do you prove it wasn't consensual? Do they have pictures that show she was raped? Like scratch marks, bruises, etc? If all they have is semen on her panties it can be consensual. So it's the word of a drunk vs his. Women who don't get attention make stories like that.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-...76--ncaaf.html

His lawyer reads SBR!

The lawyer for Florida State quarterback Jameis Winston told media Thursday morning that his client had consensual sex with the alleged victim.
    Tim Jansen held a news conference following the release of an ESPN.com report that stated the DNA found in the alleged victim’s underwear was a match to Winston. Winston voluntarily provided his DNA last week.
    When asked whether the sex was consensual, Jansen replied, "absolutely." When Jensen was pressed on the issue of consensual sex, Jensen said the eyewitness reports "will verify that any material that was found or any evidence that was found is consistent with him [doing] nothing wrong."

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 05-13-16 at 03:10 PM. Reason: image does not exist

First 123 Last