seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Rockets are the favorites to win the Southwest

Are the Spurs going to be that bad this season? No way Rockets win 55+ games and improve that much in one offseason. That's like KG to Boston improvement. I don't like the Spurs to win over 55 games, but I don't think the Rockets can either.

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

They look good on paper but I would not take the over at 55. Howard sprains an ankle just taking off his shoes. That leaves the bombers to carry the load.

The Spurs is tougher. Every year they post that lofty total and every year they win 58. As long as Pop is the coach I think they will be tough.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post
    They look good on paper but I would not take the over at 55. Howard sprains an ankle just taking off his shoes. That leaves the bombers to carry the load.

The Spurs is tougher. Every year they post that lofty total and every year they win 58. As long as Pop is the coach I think they will be tough.
    I have already put a unit on the Spurs under 55.5, but I could win them both if I put a unit on Spurs to win the division also.

ParlayininHTown
    Countdown to death: 1 day
    ParlayininHTown's Avatar Become A Pro!

San Antonio and Memphis have a better chance to win that division. I'd be stunned if the Rockets finish higher than fourth in the West.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

They have to stay healthy I love their team actually

I think they can contend for the Western Conference finals

SBR_John
    Wisky

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    They have to stay healthy I love their team actually

I think they can contend for the Western Conference finals
    We all thought that about LA too. If it were all about what is on paper Houston would 70 games and the Spurs would finish last. It's a very tough division from top to bottom. I would take the Under on both if I had to bet it.

jjgold

Lin is the key to the team

He is very underrated nba player and getting better and more experienced .

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Thats bc they got superman

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    Thats bc they got superman
    Superman or Lois Lane or man it tights?

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

Quote Originally Posted by ParlayininHTown View Post
    San Antonio and Memphis have a better chance to win that division. I'd be stunned if the Rockets finish higher than fourth in the West.
    Memphis has absolutely no shot of winning anything this year. Look who's coaching.

jjgold

Memphis has there run

Lac tough

darkhat
    darkhat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882

Houston will never win a championship with Dwight Howard

Guy is a born loser and he doesn't care about winning

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

The southwest??? You mean the house Nowitzki built??? Baddest motherfukker NBA ever saw. Dude excersised some demons all over Heats cute lil arena. Down 15 with 7min to go in the 4th and showed a couple negros how to ball!! YouTube that left handed lay in over Over-Waded stank foot James. Either Kobe would of had a second 3 peat or LeBron would of got one going for a 4th if Dirk didn't zig hail those two goons in Miami who have no production when not getting whistles.

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

NBA sucks smelly unwashed herpie vagina.

sando
    sando's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 573

Quote Originally Posted by KiDBaZkiT View Post
    The southwest??? You mean the house Nowitzki built??? Baddest motherfukker NBA ever saw. Dude excersised some demons all over Heats cute lil arena. Down 15 with 7min to go in the 4th and showed a couple negros how to ball!! YouTube that left handed lay in over Over-Waded stank foot James. Either Kobe would of had a second 3 peat or LeBron would of got one going for a 4th if Dirk didn't zig hail those two goons in Miami who have no production when not getting whistles.
    Epic.

SBR_John
    Wisky

Until someone proves otherwise out west; Spurs and Thunder(when healthy)

Menses
    Menses's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5815

Love Dirk, but James threw the series....you must come to grips with this...Cuban had to be rewarded for keeping his mouth shut about 2006

sando
    sando's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 573

Quote Originally Posted by Menses View Post
    Love Dirk, but James threw the series....you must come to grips with this...Cuban had to be rewarded for keeping his mouth shut about 2006
    That's a stupid thing to say. You're better than this...

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

Southwest is easily the toughest division in the league. At least 4 teams will have a winning record and the Pelicans could contend for one too.

I'm not sold on Memphis, I think they could have a down year. However the addition of Mike Miller will help them a lot if he can stay on the court.

I agree with JJ, I think the Rockets could make the WCF. The Clippers are the team to beat in the West IMO. Time will tell. As of now (total wild guess that will change 50 times during the season) I'd have it this way

Clippers
    Spurs
    Rockets
    Thunder
    Griz
    Mavs
    Wolves
    Nuggets

Clippers over Nuggets
    Spurs over Wolves
    Rockets over Mavs
    Thunder over Griz

Clippers over Thunder
    Rockets over Spurs

Clippers over Rockets

Feel free to bump this in 9 months and make me look like a fool

Menses

Its pre season...but Howard and Harden are embarrassing the Spurs as we speak...McHale went big with Asik and Howard at the 4 and 5...Spurs cannot score in the paint AT ALL....folks...they might very well win the S-West....Harden and Lin are not even having a good game either...

greenhippo
    greenhippo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

Quote Originally Posted by Seto View Post
    Southwest is easily the toughest division in the league. At least 4 teams will have a winning record and the Pelicans could contend for one too.

I'm not sold on Memphis, I think they could have a down year. However the addition of Mike Miller will help them a lot if he can stay on the court.

I agree with JJ, I think the Rockets could make the WCF. The Clippers are the team to beat in the West IMO. Time will tell. As of now (total wild guess that will change 50 times during the season) I'd have it this way

Clippers
    Spurs
    Rockets
    Thunder
    Griz
    Mavs
    Wolves
    Nuggets

Clippers over Nuggets
    Spurs over Wolves
    Rockets over Mavs
    Thunder over Griz

Clippers over Thunder
    Rockets over Spurs

Clippers over Rockets

How about now

How do you have Rockets and Spurs in the top 3?

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post
    We all thought that about LA too. If it were all about what is on paper Houston would 70 games and the Spurs would finish last. It's a very tough division from top to bottom. I would take the Under on both if I had to bet it.
    Spurs would finish last on paper? Top 5 PF. Top 5 PG. Top 5 bench every year. Top 10 sixth man. Top coach.

Rockets? If they start getting nervous, are they gonna go to their old selves and start running? That's why LA didn't work. Because they tried to run. You can't run with Howard on your team. That's how bigs get injured. Dantoni didn't have the basketball IQ to put the pieces together. McHale is a big man so he understands.

Key to rockets success will be running when Howard isn't on the floor and to slow the game down in crunch time. Howard needs to have defensive stamina late in the 4th. LA wore him out all game and that's why their D sucked

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by Seto View Post

Clippers
    Spurs
    Rockets
    Thunder
    Griz
    Mavs
    Wolves
    Nuggets

Clippers over Nuggets
    Spurs over Wolves
    Rockets over Mavs
    Thunder over Griz

Clippers over Thunder
    Rockets over Spurs

Clippers over Rockets

I like your predictions but I don't see LA not making the playoffs if Bryant stays healthy. Bryant doesn't miss the playoffs dude.

Goat Milk

Yeah he is the key. He has a high basketball IQ I think he'll run that offense pretty smoothly.

Goat Milk

lol no production? um...did you see Wade's stats during that finals series? Thanks... Lebron went into his shell. Wade was the best player on the floor then dirk.

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Rockets? If they start getting nervous, are they gonna go to their old selves and start running? That's why LA didn't work. Because they tried to run. You can't run with Howard on your team. That's how bigs get injured. Dantoni didn't have the basketball IQ to put the pieces together. McHale is a big man so he understands.

Key to rockets success will be running when Howard isn't on the floor and to slow the game down in crunch time. Howard needs to have defensive stamina late in the 4th. LA wore him out all game and that's why their D sucked
    lol. They don't need howard to score. he is in for defense and rebounding. when and if they do get into half court sets, then Howard can be utilized. These rockets run all the time and do it well, score with eifficiency, with or without howard in the lineup. Seems to be working so far.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

do the posters that make up jjer know literally nothing about sports in general?

some of the dumbest fukkin posts

TwoWays

Yeah he is the key. He has a high basketball IQ I think he'll run that offense pretty smoothly.
    beverly's job to lose. lin lost the position.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by TwoWays View Post
    beverly's job to lose. lin lost the position.
    i don't think beverly can stay healthy for a full season so he is a question mark. Lin is bigger, more physical, smarter. Beverly is good and a better defender but he is very small, he cannot be relied on.

Also in reference to your Howard point, yeah they don't need him to score. That's not the point. Howard is a baby. If he doesn't get touches offensively, he won't play defense dude. That's how he's wired. Plus, if you run the whole time, Howard is gonna have a hard time getting back on D and being effective. Spurs like to run and that has definitely hindered Duncan's defense over the years. Difference is though Duncan is a team player and could care less what his numbers are as long as his team wins games.

If you don't give Howard the ball, he will destroy your team.

Seto

I like your predictions but I don't see LA not making the playoffs if Bryant stays healthy. Bryant doesn't miss the playoffs dude.
    I just put in the Wolves and Nuggets as plug-ins. Coulda put the Blazers and Pelicans if I were in a different mood. Actually it's funny I didn't even think of the Lakers when I was wondering who I could put in as the last 2 teams. How the fuk did I forget about Kobe? Shame on me. They are obviously in the mix as well, Kobe alone makes them a part of that. Nash and Gasol staying healthy is key too, if all 3 of those guys play 70+ games the Lakers will make the playoffs no doubt.

If my predictions actually come through both Texas "derbys" would be amazing series. I could see both going 7.

TwoWays

i don't think beverly can stay healthy for a full season so he is a question mark. Lin is bigger, more physical, smarter. Beverly is good and a better defender but he is very small, he cannot be relied on.

Also in reference to your Howard point, yeah they don't need him to score. That's not the point. Howard is a baby. If he doesn't get touches offensively, he won't play defense dude. That's how he's wired. Plus, if you run the whole time, Howard is gonna have a hard time getting back on D and being effective. Spurs like to run and that has definitely hindered Duncan's defense over the years. Difference is though Duncan is a team player and could care less what his numbers are as long as his team wins games.

If you don't give Howard the ball, he will destroy your team.
    being healthy is always a question mark. But beverly is a better defender, quicker, and gets to a lot, i mean lots of loose balls...and god knows the rockets need that on the perimeter with no "d" harden. I don't have the numbers on hand, but i gurantee that beverly's +/- number is better than lin's with the starting unit as well...matter of fact overall.

Howard understands what is required of him this year with the rockets for them to reach a championship level. he speaks a lot of defense and providing spacing for the shooters, and not so much of getting his on the offense end.

FranchisePlayer
    U MAD BRO!?
    FranchisePlayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1970

The Warriors will make the playoffs before the Timberwolves do

Menses

Incorrect...Bryant missed the playoffs the year after Shaq left....and would have missed the playoffs last year if the Refs and Dwight Howard had not saved them down the stretch....and he will miss the playoffs this year if the Refs stay out of it.....

Seto

Quote Originally Posted by FranchisePlayer View Post
    The Warriors will make the playoffs before the Timberwolves do
    Wow. Something was clearly wrong with me when I made that post. Surprised no-one noticed until now.

Warriors are obviously a top 5 team if Curry stays healthy.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

This just pissed the spurs off. They clinch the division before the rodeo road trip.

12 Last