vyomguy
    vyomguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 234

If you are losing, quitting is easy.

The problem is when you can win...and win consistently.

Thats when its hard to quit.

I make more money in gambling in a month than something I would make in a year at my job. And i work at a pretty high paying job. Its the easy money that gets you hooked. The downside is that you have no life outside of work.

Gambling is a like a drug..a drug with easy money and quick action. Its hard to quit...Its just like any other drug...just more dangerous. The adreline rush when you have money on the line and need kobe to make that free throw...that rush...you cant get that anywhere.

But in life, you need to draw the line somewhere and go outside and enjoy life. Gambling sucks the life out of you. Thats why whenever somebody asks me for picks in real life..i tell them stay the fuk away from gambling. Whenever I take my friends to vegas I tell them not to gamble...instead I take them to grand canyon or zion NP...boring..but they wont lose money or chase when they lose at blackjack.

Gambling is just like cocaine or alcohol. Its a bad bad addiction...and sites like SBR mooch off this addiction and make money. I dont blame them...they are in the business of making money. But we humans always want the easy way out...we want to make quick money...thats where gambling comes in.
    Points Awarded:

KiDBaZkiT gave vyomguy 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

No coincidences gave vyomguy 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 3 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: No coincidences, thetrinity, and BadLuckSanta

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

As in, placing bets with some offshore book on my phone on a tuesday, because the country I live in is too hypocritical to allow me to bet in the states?

Probably not. I doubt I can maintain this level of focus for many more years. Life is going to get in the way.

Will I continue gambling? Absolutely and at much more than just sports. If you want to make enough money to be financially secure - gambling is the only way.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

As soon as I get married and have kids I am out. 100%.

Seaweed
    Update your status
    Seaweed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6958

As long as I am breathing I will be capping

boeing power
    boeing power's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

Quote Originally Posted by Seaweed View Post
    As long as I am breathing I will be crapping
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: tatddy, and Ra77er

tatddy
    tatddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 608

Quote Originally Posted by vyomguy View Post

I make more money in gambling in a month than something I would make in a year at my job. And i work at a pretty high paying job. Its the easy money that gets you hooked. The downside is that you have no life outside of work.

Gambling is a like a drug..a drug with easy money and quick action. Its hard to quit...Its just like any other drug...just more dangerous. The adreline rush when you have money on the line and need kobe to make that free throw...that rush...you cant get that anywhere.

But in life, you need to draw the line somewhere and go outside and enjoy life. Gambling sucks the life out of you. Thats why whenever somebody asks me for picks in real life..i tell them stay the fuk away from gambling. Whenever I take my friends to vegas I tell them not to gamble...instead I take them to grand canyon or zion NP...boring..but they wont lose money or chase when they lose at blackjack.

Gambling is just like cocaine or alcohol. Its a bad bad addiction...and sites like SBR mooch off this addiction and make money. I dont blame them...they are in the business of making money. But we humans always want the easy way out...we want to make quick money...thats where gambling comes in.
    Addiction is in the man not in the hobby. And I recall you saying that you make much more money at your job than you ever do gambling. Did you get a lower paying job or did you just become that much better of a gambler?

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

It's so strange talking to someone for years, while your mind creates some kind of an image.

Then you see the person

broadway6
    on to the next one
    broadway6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

I stopped gambling when I couldn't pick a baseball winner back in May. But started up again when football started. I can quit when I've lost to much (since I have a family to take care of), but I can't stop when I'm picking winners. What's the point of that?

broadway6
    on to the next one

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    It's so strange talking to someone for years, while your mind creates some kind of an imagine.

Then you see the person
    They always get uglier

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    It's so strange talking to someone for years, while your mind creates some kind of an imagine.

Then you see the person
    yep and coiner said hes under 40 years old.

from his posting style i figured he was older.

broadway6
    on to the next one

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    You may not quit then, but u have no problem stopping after you have lost to much. Priorities!!

physed
    physed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 391

My last bet is when they close my coffin
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: jjgold

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I gamble to mask internal issues I have like being ugly and not being able to get laid

Gambling eases it up and I forget I am a fukkin dick

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by broadway6 View Post
    You may not quit then, but u have no problem stopping after you have lost to much. Priorities!!
    Broad honestly I will be done. That's at least a few years down the road but I will have no regrets. To me those two things can never coexist. Ever.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Outstanding post. I can only imagine what it would be like if I were betting -- and winning -- big money doing it.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

I started when I was married with one of my kids, so it's hard to say it's exactly apples to apples, but I said the same thing -- yet here I am. Easier said than done.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

To me those two things can never coexist. Ever.
    Not true, though it's not an easy balance -- and you also need a little help from work time.

If you can't cap and stuff when you're on the clock, I agree. Basically impossible to raise a family the right way and feed your gambling addiction if you're trying to do it from home.

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    I started when I was married with one of my kids, so it's hard to say it's exactly apples to apples, but I said the same thing -- yet here I am. Easier said than done.

To each his own. I'm not saying I'm right and you're wrong, I'm just speaking for myself.

Keep in mind coin, I stop gambling at will all the time. I like the action a lot but I like it better when I am not gambling.

t-wizzle

Not true, though it's not an easy balance -- and you also need a little help from work time.

If you can't cap and stuff when you're on the clock, I agree. Basically impossible to raise a family the right way and feed your gambling addiction if you're trying to do it from home.

Time is a big part of it but that's just the half of it. I would not gamble money and risk losing it if I had a family. Again, I'm not judging you or anyone else here. This is just me.

andywend
    andywend's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post
    Which means in troubling times you have no fix it yourself or build it yourself survival skills..........

Basically you just admitted to us that you are a fukkin woman,and since you have no pussy you will surelly not survive in a all man for himself world.............

I strongly suggest that you start learning how to be a FUKKIN MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!
    No matter the topic, the piece of shit festering inside you will always come out. Anyone listening to anything this guy says has to be nuts.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Time is a big part of it but that's just the half of it. I would not gamble money and risk losing it if I had a family. Again, I'm not judging you or anyone else here. This is just me.
    That's why I bet what I do -- $20 per unit. I've never made a bet more than $600, and between my wife and I, we comfortably make six figures. I'm not about to start gambling my kids' college money -- or even grocery money, for that matter.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

going back to what vyom said, theres a guy i have been taking his action for about 2 years and ive never paid him once.

now its a bit of an unusual setup that goes month by month (he bets very small amounts and has a monthly limit), but ive never actually paid him. any time he gets to his monthly limit he tries to keep betting and we go through the same song and dance and he eventually pays and starts over. im always thinking to myself how can he possibly keep going? the sad thing is, this is the norm, if youve tasted success, its hard to quit, but failure over and over is a different story.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6943

i hate a month off here and there... usually in July or August

or June when Its only a couple NBA bets here and there

more busy that time of the year anyways when its nice out in Ohio

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

wow i like the confidence. I will look for your picks so i can tail.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29146

not as long as i keep winning over the whole season...no reason to...5 consecutive winning seasons in a sport why would i or any1 else?

but I have to put in ALOT of work to stay on top of my sport, but i also dont bet spoets just to bet or im bored either...i only wager big dollar amounts on 1 sport and 1 sport only...its the only way to keep it up...im great at 1 sport so why would i waste $ on the other ones? its a good lesson to learn or at lest it was for me...it changed everything

personally, I will never stop that i can see in the future...

but i also could not quit even b4 i lost $ every single year either its an addiction and very fun
    Last edited by 5mike5; 10-22-13 at 07:23 PM.

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Vegas is open24/7

No

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

At times many of us will take breaks due to various reasons

Some think if you quit gambling your quit and everything else in life

It's a two-way street out there

The good old saying if you play you pay

Wulfman14
    The Great Khali
    Wulfman14's Avatar Become A Pro!

i wont quit but i am a lifetime losing gambler. as vyom said that makes the hobby less appealing year after year. getting married soon and my priorities will change. ill still gamble but much much less then i do now. and only if i have money to spare. otherwise fuk it. my family comes first.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Resistance is futile ...

Is this how I'm going to be at 40? 50? 60? Will I be placing bets in the bathroom during my grandkids' birthday parties? I

Why would you 'hide' in the bathroom...?

That may be the underlining reason with these conflicting emotions. You may think sports wagering is 'dirty' or wrong or immoral ?

Therefore you should lose.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post

Resistance is futile ...

Why would you 'hide' in the bathroom...?

That may be the underlining reason with these conflicting emotions. You may think sports wagering is 'dirty' or wrong or immoral ?

Good point. At my grandkids' birthday party, instead of paying attention, I should whip out my smart phone and start placing wagers.

I'm starting to see why you're divorced with so many problems at home -- aside from being a manic schizo.

Ernie Mccracken
    Ernie Mccracken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4304

I will quit the same day as Brock.

Sam Odom

I'm starting to see why you're divorced with so many problems at home

Sammy's marriage is good... No secrets. If someone is ashamed of their gambling therefore hiding it they will self-destruct. Self-loathing is why most of us lose, in fact losing makes us feel better, clean.

Sam Odom

Did Sammy hit a nerve ?

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Sammy's marriage is good... No secrets. If someone is ashamed of their gambling therefore hiding it they will self-destruct. Self-loathing is why most of us lose, in fact losing makes us feel better, clean.
    So you haven't been divorced at least once?

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Did Sammy hit a nerve ?
    Hit a nerve with what?

What are you talking about?

First 1234 Last