PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

so your saying this insanity is totally "normal"...1st time ever in MLB history w FIVE yes 5 HR in extra innings...zero correlation ok...that's your stance....is what it is...I feel there is a correlation....
    Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    So baseball isn't slick when Verlander is pitching?

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    I mean I totally agree....but I also feel there is truth to the slick baseball theory....has it not just been WACKY....look at the hanging breaking balls Altuve and Corr hit off fields.....its just insanity.....5 extra inning HR's....MLB first time EVER LOL.....guy is amazing but GOAT is reserved for the guys that show up when it matters
    I think it sounds a lot more like a excuse for pitchers choking. Are balls little different last few years? I mean it very possible but there also other very valid reasons for the spike in homers. Huge philosophy changes have taken place as everyone willing to strikeout in name of power and launch angle. Blaming the balls doesn't hold water when we saw dominate pitching in game 1 and game 2 until very late. Did they give the pens different balls than the starters in game 2? Cause both starters pitched very well. Did McCullers and peacock have different balls in game 3? I think a combination of Stros hitters having lots of looks at doyers pen and that pen maybe a little worn down is a much more plausible explanation but that doesn't suite the pitchers well so it excuse time. Stros pen just garbage anyways, I'm sure Giles would love to tell us they change to the slick juiced balls every appearance he has made these playoffs!!
    Points Awarded:

PaperTrail07 gave 2daBank 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7738

One thing the stros keep proving is that over time they wear out great pitchers cause they have great contact hitters. They made the Yankees bullpen look like shit in games 6/7.

Mase of Base
    Mase of Base's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 804

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Short memory Pauly, Dodgers already hit Verlander for 3 runs just 5 days ago as he only lasted 6 innings. They'll hit him again in a must win game at home... https://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/7590/
    He was only at 80 pitches or something though and basically cruising, Seager drilled a two out bomb after a walk. I think he'll throw 100 no matter what unless he gets into real trouble and that'll be good 6-7IP. Then McCullers can get the rest.

PaperTrail07

If it was not pitchers on both sides, I would agree....Darvish saying the same shit as Houston pitchers..HOWEVER I do agree w what you have said as well.....its a combination of everything.....lil compound interest adding up and just getting to them...
    Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    I think it sounds a lot more like a excuse for pitchers choking. Are balls little different last few years? I mean it very possible but there also other very valid reasons for the spike in homers. Huge philosophy changes have taken place as everyone willing to strikeout in name of power and launch angle. Blaming the balls doesn't hold water when we saw dominate pitching in game 1 and game 2 until very late. Did they give the pens different balls than the starters in game 2? Cause both starters pitched very well. Did McCullers and peacock have different balls in game 3? I think a combination of Stros hitters having lots of looks at doyers pen and that pen maybe a little worn down is a much more plausible explanation but that doesn't suite the pitchers well so it excuse time. Stros pen just garbage anyways, I'm sure Giles would love to tell us they change to the slick juiced balls every appearance he has made these playoffs!!

PaperTrail07

There is NO DOUBT about that.....Gurriel has been on straight FIRE for about a month
    One thing the stros keep proving is that over time they wear out great pitchers cause they have great contact hitters. They made the Yankees bullpen look like shit in games 6/7.

2daBank

If it was not pitchers on both sides, I would agree....Darvish saying the same shit as Houston pitchers..HOWEVER I do agree w what you have said as well.....its a combination of everything.....lil compound interest adding up and just getting to them...
    Darvish another guy that in desperate need of a excuse after that pathetic performance he had. I don't doubt the balls been wound a little tighter or whatever, I do doubt that they all a sudden any different for the World Series than they been all season. I didn't hear any of this from doyers pitchers while they were carving up the NL playoffs!

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47541

Kruechel got hit hard early on as well.. This series is more about hitting then pitching... No pitcher is a lock in this world series.. Verlander will probably get hit as well in the next game I'm sure..
    Keuchel is nowhere near the pitcher that Kershaw is

no surprise he is getting hit

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    Keuchel is nowhere near the pitcher that Kershaw is

no surprise he is getting hit
    I've never bought into keuchal being considered a legit ace (that has cost me plenty of times, lol), don't get me wrong he very good pitcher just doesn't have true ace stuff. Still don't like him and think whenever he gets a ump not giving him generous k-zone he can be had.

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

one thing we will NOT be hearing in a few days.....

JAKEPEAVY21

I've never bought into keuchal being considered a legit ace (that has cost me plenty of times, lol), don't get me wrong he very good pitcher just doesn't have true ace stuff. Still don't like him and think whenever he gets a ump not giving him generous k-zone he can be had.
    he had a great season followed by a complete dud(around 6.00 ERA) and then anther good season this year. So he is inconsistent and does not have great stuff, he is more of a crafty lefty. Never been high on him and I certainly wouldn't want him on the mound with the season on the line.

PaperTrail07

I mean to BLINDLY tell a difference is insanity IMO.....this is a baseball RIGHT? am I off here? Its the one consistent thing you MUST have...their outing is their outing, I really don't think Yu is an excuse type of guy....he is humble and admit he got shelled...while also SAYING the balls mad it tough to pitch....
    Darvish another guy that in desperate need of a excuse after that pathetic performance he had. I don't doubt the balls been wound a little tighter or whatever, I do doubt that they all a sudden any different for the World Series than they been all season. I didn't hear any of this from doyers pitchers while they were carving up the NL playoffs!

PaperTrail07

Also....its strictly the WS ball from what ive read....not the NL playoffs balls...

PaperTrail07

As solid as any pitcher THIS year....it's all what you can do for me NOW...I mean penetrate....a large # of analysts wrote Verlander off years ago in Det......
    Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    he had a great season followed by a complete dud(around 6.00 ERA) and then anther good season this year. So he is inconsistent and does not have great stuff, he is more of a crafty lefty. Never been high on him and I certainly wouldn't want him on the mound with the season on the line.

Dodgersin17
    Dodgersin17's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 142

I didn't read all the comments but he's not a fraud

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11901

Darvish is garbage.. Probably the weakest link of all the Dodger starters.. You can't trust him...

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Astros small fav at lad..

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

I love fading Darvish............

I wondered WTF LA saw in him.............

Auto Donk

So baseball isn't slick when Verlander is pitching?
    if i was Verlander, the ball would be extra slick, as no doubt I'd still have liquid KY on my hands from having buried it in Kate's ass in between innings.....

Auto Donk

Darvish is garbage.. Probably the weakest link of all the Dodger starters.. You can't trust him...

i agree.... those slanty eye asians can be tricky.....

ps.... after I quit laffing at that damn gif again, I kind of noticed the hottie on her knees.... is she pretending to be a f'n geisha girl bobbin' on a knob???

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32317

Quote Originally Posted by face View Post
    guy's arms get tired
    mattingly left him in late in games all season, he pitched a ton on innings
    His arm always gets tired.

I still can't put CK in Randy Johnson's class.

In 2001 he shutout that Yankee lineup in game 2, not just any shutout, a complete game 3 hit shutout.

Then in game 6 bitch slapped the Yankees again, then just for shits and giggles, as if saving Arizona's ass the night before wasn't enough, comes in relief to get the final four outs on zero days rest as Luis Gonzales wins it with a walk off hump back single in game 7.

"Pitch count? I don't need no stinking pitch count, I'm Randy fukking Johnson, the Big Unit"
    That's clutch people,
    Last edited by stevenash; 10-30-17 at 04:22 PM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: PAULYPOKER

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    His arm always gets tired.

I still can't put CK in Randy Johnson's class.

In 2001 he shutout that Yankee lineup in game 2, not just any shutout, a complete game 3 hit shutout.

Then in game 6 bitch slapped the Yankees again, then just for shits and giggles, as if saving Arizona's ass the night before wasn't enough, comes in relief to get the final four outs on zero days rest as Luis Gonzales wins it with a walk off hump back single in game 7.

"Pitch count? I don't need no stinking pitch count, I'm Randy fukking Johnson, the Big Unit"
    That's clutch people,
    Steve Kershaw is a pussy. It's playingt and simple. Johnson would have closed the door last night.

Auto Donk

not sure who steve kershaw is, but so long as we're slammin' all of them, I never cared for this mother fukker either.....

trying to act all sexy and shit....

probably dislike him more ever since I broke my fukkin' finger when one of his crappiest songs, some shit called "verdalia" or some shit like that, came on the fukkin' radio and it was so f'n bad I fukkin' punched the dashboard trying to hit the channel changer button.....

JAKEPEAVY21

As solid as any pitcher THIS year....it's all what you can do for me NOW...I mean penetrate....a large # of analysts wrote Verlander off years ago in Det......
    still don't trust his stuff in high leverage situations

he just doesn't miss enough bats for my liking

finesse guy

KKoz9
    KKoz9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

He's still a beast, and so was Peyton

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Nolan Ryan 7 postseason starts. 2-2

Disaster in 80

Randy Johnson 16 postseason starts 7-9
    3.50 era. 97 99 02 06. Disasters.

CK. GOAT and post season not that bad overall.

For comparison, best pitcher of 80s, Jack Morris- should be HOF, 13 post season starts, 8-4 included the greatest game ever, 91 game 7...10 inning shut out. In that game Tom Kelly went to the mound in the 8th to pull him for Steve Bedrosian. Morris told him to go Fukk himself. Kelly went back to the dugout....

....today players get suspended for making eye gestures or tweeting stuff. Just a different game, but Kershaws body of work-related even the post season, stands up to the greats.

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

LOL Sammy Kershaw Don't go Near Water playing in background here at 5 guys while typing that!

2daBank

Also....its strictly the WS ball from what ive read....not the NL playoffs balls...
    Again man that sounds really convienient for them. I just don't buy for a minute they actually changed balls for World Series. A lot of ppl would have to be in on that, way too much risk of being exposed and destroying credibility for them to do that imo.. if this a conversation about how the balls more tightly wound all season that fine I believe that, actually claiming they changed them for only the World Series sounds like complete bs to me. Don't care how good of guys any of them "seem like", nobody above making excuses, clearly.

PaperTrail07

its odd I agree.....but also odd its even being mentioned..
    Again man that sounds really convienient for them. I just don't buy for a minute they actually changed balls for World Series. A lot of ppl would have to be in on that, way too much risk of being exposed and destroying credibility for them to do that imo.. if this a conversation about how the balls more tightly wound all season that fine I believe that, actually claiming they changed them for only the World Series sounds like complete bs to me. Don't care how good of guys any of them "seem like", nobody above making excuses, clearly.

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Game 5 was very odd...houston guy blows the game in 9th..chews gum like he's high

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32317

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    Nolan Ryan 7 postseason starts. 2-2

Disaster in 80

Randy Johnson 16 postseason starts 7-9
    3.50 era. 97 99 02 06. Disasters.

CK. GOAT and post season not that bad overall.

For comparison, best pitcher of 80s, Jack Morris- should be HOF, 13 post season starts, 8-4 included the greatest game ever, 91 game 7...10 inning shut out. In that game Tom Kelly went to the mound in the 8th to pull him for Steve Bedrosian. Morris told him to go Fukk himself. Kelly went back to the dugout....

....today players get suspended for making eye gestures or tweeting stuff. Just a different game, but Kershaws body of work-related even the post season, stands up to the greats.
    Let’s put aside that epic World Series game Jack Morris threw and let’s look at the entire body of work.
    He wasn’t 8-4, he was 7-4. His post season ERA was not good, 3.80.
    His post season WH/IP was pedestrian, 1.24
    You like the word disaster, what was a disaster was Morris’s post seasons with Toronto.
    Here’s my list of pitchers with just as good post seasons as Morris.
    Glavine, Smoltz, Pedro, Clemens, Randy Johnson, El Duque, Beckett, Pettitte, Hershiser, Schilling, Cliff Lee, and I can make a case for Mike Mussina.

Stop putting such an emphasis on wins.
    Phil Hughes won 18 games once, he had a run support of 6.5 per start.
    Ray Charles can win 18 games given 6 1/2 runs every start.

Jack Morris was a very good pitcher, but he was a compiler.
    That’s not a bad thing, just in the 1980’s he made every start for 8 consecutive seasons, so you’re going to compile stats. And the only thing he led in the league was wins just once in 1981, and strikeouts in 1983.
    He did not dominate his position, wins leader once and K leader once is not getting you in the Hall.
    Neither is leading the league in Wild Pitches 6 times getting you into the Hall. Sorry with all those starts, league leader once in wins, and K’s is not Hall of Fame numbers.

Jack Morris was not the best pitcher of the 80’s.
    i couldn’t stomach Doc Golden, but Morris was not Doc
    Carlton won two Cy Young’s in the 80’s
    Orel Hershiser was better, Clemens was clearly better, hell I can make a case for Saberhagen and if you look at it Dave Steib was just as good.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: PAULYPOKER

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by nyplayer33 View Post
    Game 5 was very odd...houston guy blows the game in 9th..chews gum like he's high
    WTF? Lol.......................

MickeyMan
    MickeyMan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14295

Quote Originally Posted by nyplayer33 View Post
    You are a very odd man as well player

lakerboy

Most overrated pitcher ever

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

I am done being a Clayton Kershaw apologist.

Fukk him.

First 1234 Last