pat venditto
    pat venditto's Avatar Become A Pro!

blueghost
    blueghost's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2401

he makes more money than 95 percent of the posters here just by sitting on his butt and collecting checks from part ownership in FULL TILT ,never go broke,besides that the best or near the top best cash game player in the world

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by blueghost View Post
    he makes more money than 95 percent of the posters here just by sitting on his butt and collecting checks from part ownership in FULL TILT ,never go broke,besides that the best or near the top best cash game player in the world

only 95% .....love to hear who around here doing better than him
    Last edited by 2daBank; 04-07-10 at 07:00 AM.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Phil your a compulsive gambler

OmgUrMom
    OmgUrMom's Avatar Become A Pro!

wow 95% of the posts in this thread are retarded

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by OmgUrMom View Post

that is generally what happens when the thread topic is retarded in the first place

OmgUrMom

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    that is generally what happens when the thread topic is retarded in the first place
    Hmm, I never made that correlation but I think your probably right

davidnc76
    davidnc76's Avatar Become A Pro!

I highly doubt Ivey will be the "M.C. Hammer" of poker. Hammer was a one hit wonder in the music industry, he lived way beyond his means. Ivey is a skilled poker player. It would be safe to say that the guys face is worth hundreds of thousands. The man is a smart business man who hit the jackpot early in the poker boom. There is more money to be made with future tournaments, book deals and other ventures. If I had to bet on someone losing it all it would be Tom Dwan. Durr could in fact be the Vanilla Ice of the poker world.

statnerds
    Put me in coach
    statnerds's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

Quote Originally Posted by BrentCrude View Post
    You have to give the guy credit for becomming what he did coming from a humble background.He can hold his head up high that he truly is a self made person and that's rare these days.
    that is one of the most misinformed statements i have read on this forum, which says a lot.

America is mostly self made people, which is the beauty of our great country. opportunity is out there for everyone. i'll agree that more and more people are making excuses for why they can't do something, but the American spirit is still strong. like 80% of Americans are employed by small business. the majority of people with children want to give those children a better life than they had, except for the ones that have government as a daddy. there is absolutely no excuse for someone in America not to succeed.

and Ivey probably makes millions upon millions of dollars on investments, endorsements, etc. he will be fine.

Shelton
    Shelton's Avatar Become A Pro!

His BLACK ain't he dont shock me

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4884

As long as he is not banking on FTP being around forever he is fine.

JohnnyDr@ma
    JohnnyDr@ma's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by OmgUrMom View Post
    very true, even jjgolds posts in this thread are retarded

OmgUrMom

Quote Originally Posted by davidnc76 View Post
    I highly doubt Ivey will be the "M.C. Hammer" of poker. Hammer was a one hit wonder in the music industry, he lived way beyond his means. Ivey is a skilled poker player. It would be safe to say that the guys face is worth hundreds of thousands. The man is a smart business man who hit the jackpot early in the poker boom. There is more money to be made with future tournaments, book deals and other ventures. If I had to bet on someone losing it all it would be Tom Dwan. Durr could in fact be the Vanilla Ice of the poker world.
    you name the only player possibly better than Phil Ivey as the one who will go broke?

Extra Innings
    Extra Innings's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 315

Quote Originally Posted by PhilIvey View Post
    Broke crackers ITT

Phightin' Phils
    Phightin' Phils's Avatar Become A Pro!

this is the dumbest thing ive ever read

PhilIvey
    PhilIvey's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    You fukkin nit wit, I have over 1000 videos

Phil make a video saying your a compulsive gambler
    Made a video specially for you

Yi
    Yi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16

I don't think Ivey is stupid enough to lose it all. Sure, he likes to play crap and gamble on sports but the fundamental difference between him and us, Sports Gamblers, is that he's an elite poker player, and you don't become one unless you analyze everything base on EV and long term success.

FishFace5
    FishFace5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 815

They made a thread specifically about this thread on 2+2.

kmarinouofm
    Those who stay.. will be Champions!
    kmarinouofm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3463

Quote Originally Posted by FishFace5 View Post
    Are you guys serious?????? Do you know what full tilt is worth???????? M.C. Hammer???? B.C. your a retard for that 1. And he's not an asshole. Quick story. WSOP 2009, Main Event Day 1. They want to make Ivey's day 1 table the feature table. Everyone at the table is pumped (endorsement $, gonna be on tv, ect). Ivey finds out, goes to tourney administrators and says he doesn't want to be on feature table day 1. (too slow) They grant his wish (of course) and the rest of the table is disappointed (obviously). He realizes how they missed out and gives everyone at the table 5k just cause. I have like 3 more stories like this if you guys are interested.
    i would like these stories posted or pmed to me.. more points when i read them.. great story.. really great story

lol@donks
    lol@donks's Avatar Become A Pro!

words fail me. its like saying jesus will one day grind himself out and be an atheist. lurked here for a while normally like this forum, but lol @ this thread
    http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/29...ink-he-754449/

lol@donks
    lol@donks's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by FishFace5 View Post
    They made a thread specifically about this thread on 2+2.
    http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/29...ink-he-754449/

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

He will be fine, but he is a easy mark at a poker table. All you have to do is nail his tail with a bad beat. He loses it completely and totally. A bad beat completely unnerves him. He is an excellent player, but he has no self control. He completely blew the Championship last year when he had one bad beat at the final table and never recovered mentally. He will never get another chance like that again, because he does not have the nerve for it. Don't let his looks fool you. You never see him in high limit private games because he would get killed in them. He does not have the mentality or that type of game. He is a sharp businessman, but a terrible gambler. It may not break him financially, but eventually it will kill him.

BettingWizard
    BettingWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

ivey go broke?

if he declared bankruptcy today, he would become a multi-millionaire by the end of the month, at the latest

FishFace5
    FishFace5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 815

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    He will be fine, but he is a easy mark at a poker table. All you have to do is nail his tail with a bad beat. He loses it completely and totally. A bad beat completely unnerves him. He is an excellent player, but he has no self control. He completely blew the Championship last year when he had one bad beat at the final table and never recovered mentally. He will never get another chance like that again, because he does not have the nerve for it. Don't let his looks fool you. You never see him in high limit private games because he would get killed in them. He does not have the mentality or that type of game. He is a sharp businessman, but a terrible gambler. It may not break him financially, but eventually it will kill him.
    SERIOUSLY?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!!
    Bigdaddy you just made the most uninformed comment in an epically uninformed misguided thread.
    There is not one bit of truth in your whole post.
    The best comment was "that's why you never see him in high stakes private games"

hunterwrot
    hunterwrot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

ivey is the man he will not go broke he will just win it back in cash games

JohnnyDr@ma
    JohnnyDr@ma's Avatar Become A Pro!

he also owns a piece of hellmuth's publishing company, you know that is worth a few million if not billions dollars

mrmarket
    Update your status
    mrmarket's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't know which is dumber: The fact that this thread exists or the fact that i actually read through the entire thing.

tjlampe
    tjlampe's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like all these gamblers trying to give Ivey advice or even commen on his lifestyle

icancount2one
    Let's go NickFolian Dynamite!
    icancount2one's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 571

This thread is like garage bands sitting around talking shit on Muse, or American Idol contestants talking shit on Lady Gaga.

The only mistake Ivey ever made was getting involved with Buddy "Aces" Israel, but it seems he was the only one who was savvy enough to make it out of that whole mess scott free.

SR
    SR's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 145

You guys are forgetting the fact that like pete rose, there will always be suckers lining up to meet or better yet play him. These guys rake it in when whales ask to play a game with them. The rich guy gets an experience and the tv pro gets a payday, same as every celebrity. He can do that until he's dead, i.e. an endless source of atleast some level of wealth.

Hell he doesnt even have to move to vegas like wayne newton or every other has been, he already is right there lol.

aggieshawn
    SBR youtube Channels
    aggieshawn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1682

stupid thread

Mantis
    Mantis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 267

4 pages and counting

Fishhead
    Fishhead's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11769

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyDr@ma View Post
    he also owns a piece of hellmuth's publishing company, you know that is worth a few million if not billions dollars
    Pleeez fred

GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN
    GiveMeaBJ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 335

How the **** can Phil Ivey ever go broke except when he is old and wrinkled? Let's start with the basics. The guys is internationally known as the best poker player in the world. He can get a ton of money just to appear in a room. He wins online and notoriously crushes the side games. If times got tough for Phil tell me who wouldn't throw money at him to have a piece of his action? People would be in line. Do you have any clue what you get just for being sponsored by Full Tilt? They pay all his tournament buy ins and give him $$$ to play online. Let alone that he bought out the majority of Full Tilts original backers and now gets $25 million a year from them. He gets the best sports picks from the sharpest gamblers. The only thing he can realistically lose at is Craps. If you think he is capable of blowing $100 million in a night of craps then yes he can go broke. Until then Ivey will stay rich and only get more rich as the days pass. He freerolls at every poker tournament for christ sake. Not to mention he always gets the best of any prop bet he makes win or lose he has the discipline to not make the bet unless the odds are in his favor.

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!
    will2survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

get off ivey's sac--he's a brilliant man

First 12345 Last