rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

You left out taxes snowball. So by your reason, the Repubs restrained Clinton. If so, why were taxes so high?
    I thought Repubs hate high taxes?

Speaking of taxes, does it make any sense what so ever to cut taxes while the economy is starting to tank
    and go to two wars? How about giving $300 to every single tax payer and $600 for families?

That's like running up your CC bills and taking a part time job. What is going to happen when you only pay
    the premium and not the incurred interest? Guess what, your deficit will go up. That's what Bush's tax cuts did and
    still are doing, thanks to the Repubs in their sucking off the corporations and the rich.

Here's the deal, if corporations want to get rich off our backs, pay more fukking taxes. If not, hire more people
    and let them pay their taxes, like it used to be.

Tully Mars 63
    Tully Mars 63's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 44

Quote Originally Posted by NYSportsGuy210 View Post
    They still believe the Earth was created in 7 days....
    Six dude, six. God rested on the seventh.

And for people complaining the military won't get paid, they will. My kid got a memo saying work and pay goes on as normal and she process pay for her unit.

Another thing the shut down doesn't affect if the ACA or Obamacare, it goes on as planned.
    Last edited by Tully Mars 63; 10-01-13 at 11:47 AM.

rickbo528
    rickbo528's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1931

Quote Originally Posted by rkelly110 View Post
    You left out taxes snowball. So by your reason, the Repubs restrained Clinton. If so, why were taxes so high?

Speaking of taxes, does it make any sense what so ever to cut taxes while the economy is starting to tank
    and go to two wars? How about giving $300 to every single tax payer and $600 for families?

That's like running up your CC bills and taking a part time job. What is going to happen when you only pay
    the premium and not the incurred interest? Guess what, your deficit will go up. That's what Bush's tax cuts did and
    still are doing, thanks to the Repubs in their sucking off the corporations and the rich.

Here's the deal, if corporations want to get rich off our backs, pay more fukking taxes. If not, hire more people
    Clinton had control of Senate and House his first 2 years. The biggest tax increase ever was passed within a month of his taking office as Republicans didn't have the votes to stop any of that. Of course Obamacare has replaced that as the largest tax increase in history.

firedawg
    firedawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1066

Got my letter this morning. No leave can be taken or it will be leave with out pay. Emergency services must report to work, but will not receive pay until budget is passed. 20 years of service and this is what government thinks of its workers.

Tully Mars 63

Quote Originally Posted by rickbo528 View Post
    Clinton had control of Senate and House his first 2 years. The biggest tax increase ever was passed within a month of his taking office as Republicans didn't have the votes to stop any of that. Of course Obamacare has replaced that as the largest tax increase in history.
    Nope. Reagan owns that in 82-

Tully Mars 63

Quote Originally Posted by firedawg View Post
    Got my letter this morning. No leave can be taken or it will be leave with out pay. Emergency services must report to work, but will not receive pay until budget is passed. 20 years of service and this is what government thinks of its workers.
    Are you military?

rickbo528
    rickbo528's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1931

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    muldoon , has the US Senate controlled by Dems ever voted to PASS an Obama submitted Budget ?
    The first 2 budgets Obama submitted were voted down 97-0 and 99-0. Seems even the libs didn't like his budgets.

firedawg

Quote Originally Posted by Tully Mars 63 View Post
    Are you military?
    Dod civilian

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

Quote Originally Posted by rkelly110 View Post

The real problem with your thinking is it is now a global economy. China has a tax rate of 10% and some countries are lower than that. The US tax rate of 35% can't compete and our industry is leaving in droves. If we do not lower our tax rate companies like Apple will continue to establish their global operation outside of the US. Jobs will continue to disappear and reappear in countries with lower tax rates.

When I drive from the airport in Costa Rica to the office I drive by an enormous Intel plant which is next to the Goodrich tire plant. Across the street is the Hewlet Packard building complex that has 1500 employees. Down the street a bit I see Oracle's beautiful new offices which also has Kraft and Bristol Myers.

Our good jobs that should be in the US to give US citizens opportunities to succeed and live the American dream are leaving forever. They will continue to leave until they are all gone or until we decide to compete with lower taxes.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post

Our good jobs that should be in the US to give US citizens opportunities to succeed and live the American dream are leaving forever. They will continue to leave until they are all gone or until we decide to compete with lower taxes.

Those evil satanic corporations dont realize that their ONLY purpose is to pay taxes, provide a living wage & bennies - I wish Obama would Nationalize all of them

RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    The truth is that the deficits in the Reagan era 1980-1988
    (with a Democrat congress, and the Cold War in full flame)
    was only about 200-250 Billion dollars.
    That's not even a pinprick today. Obama has risen the debt by
    9 TRILLION to frikkin 17 TRILLION. (and still counting with 3 years left !!!)

and btw, it was the Republican majority elected in 1996 that forcibly restrained
    Bill Clinton, forced welfare reform and other spending cuts. So he deserves NO CREDIT,
    PLUS it was during the infancy of the Computer/Internet Boom when a frikkin chimpanzee
    could have been president and the economy would have still boomed.

Amen brother

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

I have not seen a political thread on any forum anywhere that includes realistic debate and not name calling and finger pointing.

If the politicians represent the people, Id say they are doing a damn good job.

DoYouNotGetIT
    DoYouNotGetIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

I don't give a crap about discussing on how to solve the government shutdown on a forum, because no one is going to make a difference discussing what they should do on a forum. Only thing is WHY THE FUOCK WILL GOVERNMENT WORKERS GET PAID FOR TIME THEY HAVEN'T WORKED EVEN IF IT WAS FOR A GOVERNMENT SHUTDOWN? They shouldn't get anything once the government gets back to normal. If someone wants to use their paid sick-leave or paid vacation for that time FINE, but if they don't they shouldn't get paid for time sitting on their @*$ at home.

Tully Mars 63

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post
    The real problem with your thinking is it is now a global economy. China has a tax rate of 10% and some countries are lower than that. The US tax rate of 35% can't compete and our industry is leaving in droves. If we do not lower our tax rate companies like Apple will continue to establish their global operation outside of the US. Jobs will continue to disappear and reappear in countries with lower tax rates.

When I drive from the airport in Costa Rica to the office I drive by an enormous Intel plant which is next to the Goodrich tire plant. Across the street is the Hewlet Packard building complex that has 1500 employees. Down the street a bit I see Oracle's beautiful new offices which also has Kraft and Bristol Myers.

You think there's even one corporation in the US that pays 35%. If there is they should fire their accountants.

I had no idea Costa Rica was such a hot bed of tech firms. Here in my area of Mexico it's clothing, mainly jeans. Bic corp. has a huge compound five minutes I assume they make lighters at the Bic plant but really don't know I guess it could be pens.

I drove here and crossed 100 miles or so north of Chihuahua at a little town where the border crossing was so small and poorly manned I had no idea I was in Mexico until went to buy auto insurance and was informed I needed to drive two clicks back to the boarder and get my vehicle permit. Turns out when I crossed the border agent was at lunch. When I arrived in Chihuahua I saw a bunch of US company owned factories. The Ford plant was larger, by far, then the one I'd seen in the Mid-West US. Between the border and the Yucatan I saw a ton of clothing and industrial factories. Lee Jeans, Levi, GM and Honeywell were some of the largest. And of course it's Mexico so there's a Coke plant in every large city.

I have a monthly breakfast with some some business leaders and owners. My girlfriends best friend owns a large private school here and is the current president of the Yucatan businessman's club. In speaking with the corporate guys that have been sent down here by larger corps they mainly cite cheaper labor and NAFTA as why their companies have moved production down here. I've always heard if they can hire decent employees at $40 a day tops it makes no sense to keep paying US workers $160 a day to start. So I think lower wages and the fact the US lets them import their products back into the US rather cheaply has much more to do with the move than corporate taxes.

The US allow Mexico to send good north while stuff coming south gets taxed at about 30%. I'm in the market for a new vehicle, drunk driver hit me head on in august and totaled my F-150. The price here is almost exactly 30% more and while looking at it the truck has "hencho en Mexico" stamped all over it. So 80%+/- of the truck was made here in Mexico but assembled in St. Louis and shipped back to Mexico who then adds 30% tax.

The US should be taxing imports the same way, cause Mexico sure as shit does.

firedawg

Quote Originally Posted by DoYouNotGetIT View Post
    I don't give a crap about discussing on how to solve the government shutdown on a forum, because no one is going to make a difference discussing what they should do on a forum. Only thing is WHY THE FUOCK WILL GOVERNMENT WORKERS GET PAID FOR TIME THEY HAVEN'T WORKED EVEN IF IT WAS FOR A GOVERNMENT SHUTDOWN? They shouldn't get anything once the government gets back to normal. If someone wants to use their paid sick-leave or paid vacation for that time FINE, but if they don't they shouldn't get paid for time sitting on their @*$ at home.
    what are you talking about? Im being made to work without pay pal

Sam Odom

paypal fees are too high

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

DoYouNotGetIT

what are you talking about? Im being made to work without pay pal
    Depends on the government job you have. If you are working and not sitting home IDC, but if you are sitting home and getting paid you shouldn't be getting paid.

firedawg

Depends on the government job you have. If you are working and not sitting home IDC, but if you are sitting home and getting paid you shouldn't be getting paid.
    i can only speak of what i know as fact......... non essential persons at my post were sent home and will not be paid................

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

paypal fees are too high
    Yup too many charges

Tully Mars 63

Dod civilian
    I'm sorry to hear abut your situation and for your sake and that of the many other pawns in this stupid game I hope it gets resolved soon.

Have you written your elected reps? I've written and called mine. Completely asinine they're still getting paid. The lady at my senator's office told me my senator will be donating his pay until it's resolved. That probably doesn't mean shit to him as I know for a fact he's a millionaire many times over.

DoYouNotGetIT

I'm sorry to hear abut your situation and for your sake and that of the many other pawns in this stupid game I hope it gets resolved soon.

Have you written your elected reps? I've written and called mine. Completely asinine they're still getting paid. The lady at my senator's office told me my senator will be donating his pay until it's resolved. That probably doesn't mean shit to him as I know for a fact he's a millionaire many times over.
    If you are wealthy you make money off of capital gains not salary. Elected reps salary is low, most of the money is after office or with business man that want a political owner so they basically give away a fraction of their company so they have a lobbyist.

This is the equivalent of CEO and CFOs saying we are taking are pay in stocks because we want to be paid for how well are company performs then once Obama raised the capital gains tax most of them have a high salary now instead of taking a salary in stock shares.
    Last edited by DoYouNotGetIT; 10-01-13 at 01:40 PM.

Tully Mars 63

If you are wealthy you make money off of capital gains not salary. Elected reps salary is low, most of the money is after office or with business man that want a political owner so they basically give away a fraction of their company so they have a lobbyist.

This is the equivalent of CEO and CFOs saying we are taking are pay in stocks because we want to be paid for how well are company performs then once Obama raised the capital gains tax most of them have a high salary now instead of taking a salary in stock shares.

Rep's salary is low? I guess if 175K is low to you then yes.

Cap. gains tax went up under Obama from 15 to 20% but only on those making 450K or more. I doubt that's hurting anyone to the point they need to apply for food stamps.

Andy117
    Andy117's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25689

Quote Originally Posted by rickbo528 View Post
    Is it still a tax if you already have insurance?
    I thought the mandate was a conservative idea...

Tully Mars 63

Quote Originally Posted by Andy117 View Post
    Is it still a tax if you already have insurance?
    I thought the mandate was a conservative idea...
    It was and now they hate it. I'm fine with them disliking, there's a lot to dislike I think. My problem is they've had this repeal and replace mantra going for quite some time only they've yet to introduce the replace plan.

There's problems with Obamacare, face it anymore unless it's naming a post office every thing that passes through DC comes out a mess. So instead of shutting down the entire Federal government why not work together to resolve the major problems and actually try to help the American public deal with a completely messed up health care system?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

nobody even cares

dont need it

most useless employees

firedawg

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    nobody even cares

dont need it

most useless employees
    Fukk off u bald bastard

Sam Odom

'dawg , you get fired for gambling on the job ?

firedawg

'dawg , you get fired for gambling on the job ?
    Hell no

Sam Odom

Hell no

That Damn JJGold

firedawg

JJ on my shit list

Juicy Juice
    Never forget The Juice
    Juicy Juice's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

The repubs will lose the bigger picture because of this. Wait until the next election. Nobody will vote repub except die hard tea party supporters.

Tully Mars 63

JJ on my shit list
    Why? He seems to really care about your situation.

DoYouNotGetIT

Rep's salary is low? I guess if 175K is low to you then yes.

Cap. gains tax went up under Obama from 15 to 20% but only on those making 450K or more. I doubt that's hurting anyone to the point they need to apply for food stamps.
    Representative's salary is low compared to million or millions of dollars they are making off capital gains like most are. If you make $175,000, but have $5,000,000 or more in assets then $175,000 is only 3.5% which is chump change. To think about it with the million to millions they use in campaigning it is very low.

Tully Mars 63

Representative's salary is low compared to million or millions of dollars they are making off capital gains like most are. If you make $175,000, but have $5,000,000 or more in assets then $175,000 is only 3.5% which is chump change. To think about it with the million to millions they use in campaigning it is very low.
    I agree. That's why when the lady at my senator office told me he'd be donating his pay for as long as the shut down last I was not impressed at all. You have government employees going without pay who might end up missing rent or mortgage payments while the folks in control of the shut down will not feel it at all.

First 123456 Last