BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

Quote Originally Posted by Luv2Play2 View Post
    there's my guy... wishing you and the cleveland indians the very best..
    hey, good to see ya L2P2! We're all passing time until 8 pm tomorrow. Go Tribe!

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32317

Quote Originally Posted by Emancipator View Post
    Indians have best record against sub .500 teams in MLB; and played the Twins, Astros and White Sox for their last ten games.
    You can only win, and play what's on your schedule.
    A computer spits outs the MLB data based on a program with all sorts of data.
    It's not like the league has a team of people that sits down before the starts and says let's give Cleveland 12 cupcakes down the stretch.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    who did they beat up to get to the playoffs? i mean they were playing well but they beat up on weak teams at the end to get into the playoffs.
    yea, they did
    won 10 games in a row
    they beat the bad teams and did what they had to do
    13-6 vs. twins, 17-2 vs. white sox

but yes, i agree, they mostly lost to the good teams

rooting for them though for some reason

Luv2Play2
    Luv2Play2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 225

Quote Originally Posted by BiffTFinancial View Post
    hey, good to see ya L2P2! We're all passing time until 8 pm tomorrow. Go Tribe!
    mom & dad are in flint,mi , but dad was raised in lorain , mom in burton, mi so those two are happy to be in it.. everybody waiting to see how all this pans out..geezz what a mess..lol

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32317

People, Oakland is the sleeper. I am saying this only one time. Oakland does everything pretty much the right way.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7726

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Do you listen to yourself before you post, or do you just post for shock value?

Baseball playoffs. Home of the shocks.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

People, Oakland is the sleeper. I am saying this only one time. Oakland does everything pretty much the right way.
    Hate to agree as a Tiger fan but I do, though I don't think their bullpen is as strong as it's been in the past (correct me if I'm wrong).

PAYTON20
    PAYTON20's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 770

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Hate to agree as a Tiger fan but I do, though I don't think their bullpen is as strong as it's been in the past (correct me if I'm wrong).
    Yeah I kind of like Oakland to beat the Tigers

A random sleeper always makes a run to the World Series... I'm liking Pirates, Indians, A's this year

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

we agree on this one big time..oak +150 for the series is downright crazy, i dont care if i lose that is a must bet imo..

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

I am surprised there are several TIGER FANS knocking the Tigers. Aside for their long relief, they seem best equipped to win any short series. Best pitching 1 thru 4 in baseball (and 1 thru 3 for Oakland series) and probably the best offense too.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    we agree on this one big time..oak +150 for the series is downright crazy
    If you mean crazy LIGHT, then we agree. The bottom line is that Oakland should be underdogs every game and if Tigers win just one of the first two in Oakland (LOVE their chances to do that), series could be over. Yes Game 4 could end up being Colon vs. Fister if Detroit is up 2-1, but can't trust Colon on short rest.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    If you mean crazy LIGHT, then we agree. The bottom line is that Oakland should be underdogs every game and if Tigers win just one of the first two in Oakland (LOVE their chances to do that), series could be over. Yes Game 4 could end up being Colon vs. Fister if Detroit is up 2-1, but can't trust Colon on short rest.
    you insane if you think this price is light..oak can and will hang with det..

LT Profits

you insane if you think this price is light..oak can and will hang with det..
    How? Tigers have best 1-2-3 pitchers in baseball and far superior offense. I just don't seen it. I still love you though.

2daBank

How? Tigers have best 1-2-3 pitchers in baseball and far superior offense. I just don't seen it. I still love you though.
    remind me which one of those "studs" that oak hasnt tagged this year you still ok in my book as well

LT Profits

remind me which one of those "studs" that oak hasnt tagged this year you still ok in my book as well
    I will take overall body of work over small-sampling of head-to-head most of the time. Only exception would be if team is a huge underdog, and I just don't think Oakland is a big enough one here to even consider that.

2daBank

I will take overall body of work over small-sampling of head-to-head most of the time. Only exception would be if team is a huge underdog, and I just don't think Oakland is a big enough one here to even consider that.
    didnt they take them to a gm 5 last yr as well? feel like you selling oak incredibly short but hey i been wrong before..

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Tampa is such a strong play tonight

LT Profits

didnt they take them to a gm 5 last yr as well? feel like you selling oak incredibly short but hey i been wrong before..
    Scherzer just came into his own this year, Tigers now have 3 of the top 7 pitchers in the MAJORS in WAR. That was not the case last year. All other things being equal, better pitching wins championships. But Tigers clearly have better offense too.

petac
    petac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 322

the rays are going to make a deep run in this playoffs imo. I just really like their attitude and mojo. I actually think Indians probably would take rays to the distance in a series, but with Cobb going tonight, Indians are one and done.

2daBank

Scherzer just came into his own this year, Tigers now have 3 of the top 7 pitchers in the MAJORS in WAR. That was not the case last year. All other things being equal, better pitching wins championships. But Tigers clearly have better offense too.
    and yet even in his good start vs oak he only made it thru 6, the other they creamed him. oak has a habit of making pitchers work so what happens when they run these war heroes by the 6th? you get a pen i still dont trust vs a team that will continue to grind out solid abs.. you say all these things about det yet they have been overvalued all season while oak has been vastly undervalued and far as can tell nothing has changed here..

LT Profits

and yet even in his good start vs oak he only made it thru 6, the other they creamed him. oak has a habit of making pitchers work so what happens when they run these war heroes by the 6th? you get a pen i still dont trust vs a team that will continue to grind out solid abs.. you say all these things about det yet they have been overvalued all season while oak has been vastly undervalued and far as can tell nothing has changed here..
    I actually think Detroit could be UNDERvalued at +500 to win World Series. And again, you keep harping on six inning outings, easy way to avoid those "solid ABs" is just stay ahead of the counts. None of the Detroit Big 3 have a control issue.

2daBank

I actually think Detroit could be UNDERvalued at +500 to win World Series. And again, you keep harping on six inning outings, easy way to avoid those "solid ABs" is just stay ahead of the counts. None of the Detroit Big 3 have a control issue.

not sure if they are or not at +500 but im pretty sure they wont be -170 in gm 5 of this series...

LT Profits

not sure if they are or not at +500 but im pretty sure they wont be -170 in gm 5 of this series...
    It won't go 5 games.

EXhoosier10
    EXhoosier10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4390

@LT/2db, BO opened at a pick'em, Scherzer v Colon, with o/u at 7.

LT, check out Scherzer's #'s vs LHH and then look at the 8/29 lineup that oakland threw at him that game. Oakland was +180 that game in Detroit and almost won before Torii took Balfour deep. @ a pick'em though, i'm not sure i can make up my mind (before factoring in bullpens and such)

2daBank

It won't go 5 games.
    i was giving tigers benefit of the doubt they could push it that far

LT Profits

i was giving tigers benefit of the doubt they could push it that far
    Maybe we can make a point wager where I say Tigers win in 3 or 4? I would need to see the "exact game" prop prices to price it though.

2daBank

Maybe we can make a point wager where I say Tigers win in 3 or 4? I would need to see the "exact game" prop prices to price it though.
    i dont use my points and dont think i can transfer many not being a "pro"..you rmore than welcome to have them tho if ya can figure that out, but sure that fine with me im happy to give them away or bet ya for them..

LT Profits

i dont use my points and dont think i can transfer many not being a "pro"..you rmore than welcome to have them tho if ya can figure that out, but sure that fine with me im happy to give them away or bet ya for them..
    Meh, that takes all the fun out of it.

2daBank

Meh, that takes all the fun out of it.
    well i mean if u being a mod can make it happen where i can transfer you points or more likely u to me ill take oaktown +150..

LT Profits

well i mean if u being a mod can make it happen where i can transfer you points or more likely u to me ill take oaktown +150..
    But the points aren't worth much to you anyway. No worries, we'll just agree to disagree and see what happens.

HOT WINGS
    HOT WINGS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3651

Tribe and Tigers in ALCS. Oaktown don't scare me even if they almost swept a 4 game road series from us averaging over 8 runs a game. They will win one of the first 2 and game 3 & 4 @ home. Like that JV is put in number 2 spot.

LT Profits

ooops wrong thread

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by HOT WINGS View Post
    Tribe and Tigers in ALCS. Oaktown don't scare me even if they almost swept a 4 game road series from us averaging over 8 runs a game. They will win one of the first 2 and game 3 & 4 @ home. Like that JV is put in number 2 spot.
    Verlander's been really good lately.

Something tells me you're getting OAK -- the "better"/home team in the series -- at +140/150 for a reason.

HOT WINGS
    HOT WINGS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3651

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Verlander's been really good lately.

Something tells me you're getting OAK -- the "better"/home team in the series -- at +140/150 for a reason.
    Yeah I agree and even though it doesn't make a ton of sense I think he may pitch better on the road in this situation vs Sanchez. Sanchez is unsung hero though this year. The guy has been lights out and should be considered a top 5 pitcher in AL this year. Dombrowski does it again.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by HOT WINGS View Post
    Yeah I agree and even though it doesn't make a ton of sense I think he may pitch better on the road in this situation vs Sanchez. Sanchez is unsung hero though this year. The guy has been lights out and should be considered a top 5 pitcher in AL this year. Dombrowski does it again.
    Yep. I would definitely pitch Sanchez at home, given how well he's done there.

Dombrowski literally stole Fister and Sanchez.

First 123 Last