onthewhat
    onthewhat's Avatar Become A Pro!

Rogue Scholar Killed SBR Chat

The guy was the backbone of SBR Chat and has left for another forum with a better chatroom. SBR Chat is now dead.

wtf
    wtf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

first king revolver now this

might as well join them

onthewhat

Good call Deuce. Looks like they didn't act quick enough.

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

it has absolutely nothing to do with RogueScholar you inbred. the bottom line is this....sbrchat blows. it runs slow, it breaks down once a week (if not more) and you find yourself typing the same shit 2 or 3 time in order to get it to even post. i wouldnt even want to imagine how much money sbr has wasted with techs man hours and whatever. thats why people have gone to another chat room...

Chat Blazer costs another forum $15 bucks a month. it has 10x more features and if it has a problem, chat blazer fixes it. SBR really needs to look into this product. it would be so much cheaper and better for the forum. SBR should put a little pride to the side and purchase this far superior product... $15 bucks a month!!!
    Last edited by raydog; 10-28-09 at 01:39 PM.

Bread
    Living corpse
    Bread's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Chatting is for girls. Never really went to the chatroom.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

SBR please fix chat room. Now I have to read jjgold crap all day and it really hurts my stomach.

Iwinyourmoney
    IWIN.........IN!
    Iwinyourmoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 733

What other forum has a chat?

onthewhat

I think the other site is called Exact Bets, from what I hear it's a pretty good chat room in terms of software. Not sure about the users in it, though.

Iwinyourmoney
    IWIN.........IN!
    Iwinyourmoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 733

I hear it's people from therx

RogueScholar
    Chairman Of The Board
    RogueScholar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 135

Ray hit on a whole host of salient details about why SBR Chat is dying, and I couldn't agree more that it has nothing to do with me, I'm a symptom and not a cause. If you ask me, it's not just the quality of the chat room, which is abhorrent, it's the fact that you can never have a meaningful conversation on there because SBR is so proud of eavesdropping on private messages and hiding in Invisible Mode to overhear what's said in the room. The Mods come right out and tell you that if you want to talk privately, get off SBR and onto another program. Now they're reaping what they have sown.

I was getting text messages and e-mail from my SBR friends to chat with them on AIM and MSN rather than to meet them in SBR chat like we had done before. After awhile, I just stopped going to the chat here because the conversation had become sterilized. It's like being trapped in an elevator where all you have is small talk because no one wants to risk being overheard by the wrong pair of ears.

I predicted this would happen after the Bash and now am being vindicated. The people that make SBR what it is, the true personalities and backbones of who we are, all became personally acquainted and no longer needed this site to maintain their association. Those are the people that are most dearly missed when they choose to instant message/phone each other rather than chat here. It's a collective absence that has killed SBR Chat, not any singular person. SBR wants to treat people like family at the Bash and then like prisoners whose every move is watched on the site. Of course you're going to lose your best and brightest when you operate that way.

At my new digs they are capitalizing on a hose of mistakes that SBR has refused to acknowledge making since they opened the chat last year. They invested in a professional chat server with every feature you could think of, and if someone comes up with a new idea, they run with it. Their chat is always evolving, new features and widgets keep people interested, keep them coming back. It's rock-solid reliable too, SBR chat is a comedy of errors, while I have yet to experience a single problem across the street. They offer true discrete conversation too, a private chat window stays private. When one of their Mods told me that they believe they have to trust the posters in order to be trusted, I was sold.

I hate the fact that I found someplace so much better than SBR. I wanted to believe this forum really was special and that people here were truly valued. In the end though, a house of cards is bound to crumble. I know what it's like now to be part of a forum that doesn't have exploiting me as their top priority and it feels superb. When somebody over there offers advice, I can trust it, and when someone wants to tell me something private, I don't have to take the conversation to another program.

Sorry SBR, but from where I chat, you guys got knocked out in the first round of this fight.

onthewhat

Good post Scholar. I thought Walker was supposed to fix the chat issues months ago?

I think the biggest issue with the chat is the eavesdropping of "private messages" and just of the entire chat in general while on invisible mode. However the technical issues do become a problem as well when no efforts are made to correct them.

Nicky Santoro
    Nicky Santoro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9461

sbr has a chat room???

MilfDriller
    MilfDriller's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

I wanted to believe this forum really was special and that people here were truly valued.

Your sexuality on display right there. Only time I used 'special' and 'valued' in a sentence was when I was talking about some retarded kids picking trash as a form of work detail... they were special and it was valuable to society.
    Points Awarded:

wtf gave MilfDriller 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

MilfDriller
    MilfDriller's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Nicky, we need more of your excellent 'match-up' threads.

Please post more. God I love those.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Never got into chat

I like communicating on the phone, the more you use those rooms the more you become isolated from the real world.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

The only reason you don't go to chat JJ is because SBR doesn't throw you a bone to post there. If they do so you will never get out of there. Same way you don't post in PZ because it doesn't pay.

Bread
    Living corpse
    Bread's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

When they banned Fiveteamer from chat I lost interest.

Who else am I supposed to talk to in there? Amby? Scholar? Rake?!?!?!

jjgold

Any forum I posted at I just stayed in main forum , not into other stuff. I am a gambler and not into chit chat and posting pics if nude women, ect.

Paver ask around . I was same 7 years ago.

framboise
    framboise's Avatar Become A Pro!

"the more you use those rooms the more you become isolated from the real world."

sad but true

jjgold

Frambone one of reasons I do not like them and it throws me off from doing other things

onthewhat

Corbin you would get eaten alive in the chat room

blittydeuce
    blittydeuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1758

JJ, you would piss in your pants if the killer in my avatar came knocking at your door

AMBlai01
    SBR Resident Drunk
    AMBlai01's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2152

I am the Chat King....lets not forget that folks!

onthewhat

I still think this guy killed SBR Chat

As soon as he leaves for another site to chat at is the same time people stop coming in to the SBR Chat room.

Not a coincidence, in my opinion.

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

wouldnt be an issue if they installed the far superior chat blazer software for a mere $15 a month and gave chatters a bit more privacy along with a much much more enjoyable chat experience. pete is a likable guy and people enjoy talking to him...sbrchat makes it almost impossible to enjoy the chat room. nobody like retyping shit over and over just to get it to show and nobody likes the lag. sbr, do us a favor and just ditch the current chat software and go with chat blazer...chat will be at an all time high within days

RogueScholar
    Chairman Of The Board
    RogueScholar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 135

SBR Chat is now being held for ransom...any serious offer will be entertained.