ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

We are currently in the most peaceful era in world history, crime has steadily declined in America over the last decade.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1866

Quote Originally Posted by High3rEl3m3nt View Post
    Brettles, this is interesting:

Crime Statistics > Total crime victims (most recent) by country

VIEW DATA: Totals
    Definition Source Printable version
    Bar Graph Map Correlations

Showing latest available data.
    Rank Countries Amount
    # 1 Australia: 30.1%
    # 2 New Zealand: 29.4%
    # 3 United Kingdom: 26.4%
    # 4 Netherlands: 25.2%
    # 5 Sweden: 24.7%
    # 6 Italy: 24.6%
    # 7 Canada: 23.8%
    # 8 Saint Kitts and Nevis: 23.2%
    # 9 Malta: 23.1%
    # 10 Denmark: 23%
    # 11 Poland: 22.7%
    = 12 Belgium: 21.4%
    = 12 France: 21.4%
    # 14 Slovenia: 21.2%
    # 15 United States: 21.1%
    # 16 Finland: 19.1%
    # 17 Austria: 18.8%
    Weighted average: 22.4%
    Just go to the homicide rates for each country and try again.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9266

Quote Originally Posted by Huckleberry Pig View Post
    many americans pay quite a bit in taxes. it's up to the government to use those in an efficient manner to help people, not americans to just pay more. They don't do that, they just waste it or keep it in their own pockets. I don't want to pay more taxes because I honestly don't trust the government to use them in a way that will help people. And yet poor people want to rely on the government for assistance and blame everyone else for not paying enough to help them out. They should be griping at the government to use their funds more efficiently. I'd much rather take the money I pay in taxes and donate it to a shelter or food pantry or something that I know will directly help the people that need it than to send it to a government that I don't trust will do good with it.

Please don't try to make white people the "bad guy" here. If there is one, it's the government.
    The white people comment was sarcasm aimed at the Ayn Rand generation who would rather society decline into total anarchy than admit any taxes or any handouts are 'good' for society.

But the govt mostly does reflect the peoples will in this regard. From this distance it appears that America in general is anti-welfare.

You obviously get it though. Improve quality of life for the lower rungs and they stop ruining others life quality almost immediately.

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Just go to the homicide rates for each country and try again.
    4.8, which is good or bad?

bettilimbroke999
    bettilimbroke999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 506

Blimey look at what weve got ear, this is tha African saggy pantsed negro....one of the deadliest creatures in the world...when bored he will pull out his gun and shoot anything around him....Im gonna try to go joggin by him and get a better look

Bang bang bang!

Aww crikey!
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: turtlejc

brettels
    brettels's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16

Quote Originally Posted by bettilimbroke999 View Post
    Blimey look at what weve got ear, this is tha African saggy pantsed negro....one of the deadliest creatures in the world...when bored he will pull out his gun and shoot anything around him....Im gonna try to go joggin by him and get a better look

Bang bang bang!

Aww crikey!
    I'm gonna say it again, and this time I mean it.

No wonder you're the most targeted country for terrorist attacks, try not to let another plane go through another building.

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by bettilimbroke999 View Post

Bang bang bang!

Aww crikey!
    White people are past using basic violence, sure. However, we go for the jugular. We hire lawyers, and ruin decades of peoples lives, if not wipe out entire lineages, over trivial shit - simply because we are bored and have a few bucks laying around.

Whites are by far the most dangerous people on the planet - our methods have just been considered "proper" and "legal".

Also, just for fun, I'll give you a nice little tidbit of trivia to use for your racist bullshit: The first recognized owner of a permanent slave in America, was an African - way back in the mid 1600's.

Another fun tidbit, there are more slaves right now - in this point in history - than every before.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

If Obama had a son, he would look like Chris Lane

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11198

This is not a race issue. It is a society cultural issue. Our current society/culture has gone to shit. We no longer value human life. The US was built on Christian values but those values have been cut out the last 50 years. Whether you're a Christian or not, you have to agree that the removal of church and state has created a generation of people who do not have anything to base moral values. Most generation X'ers do not know biblical right from wrong. We are a very secular society. Reports are saying that 30% of Americans don't believe in God but it's 50/50 among these young kids. If you don't believe in God, then you don't believe in right/wrong. You basically do what the hell you want to do. Our families have given up on God, given up on the church, so the kids do what they want, because they're bored. This has eroded the family structure, so now there's no parent in the house that can even teach the kid right from wrong.

Poverty, mental illness, hopelessness, etc., are all to blame but not having a God standard is the biggest reason people don't care about what's right or wrong. You hear about these heinous crimes and it is nothing but the devil. God is gone, so the devil can thrive. I'm no religious scholar but you don't need to be to see the US is full of people with no morale standards. Removal of church and state has destroyed America's family values.

Mac4Lyfe

Obama is mixed race. Funny how so many people only see black...

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    If Obama had a son, he would look like Chris Lane

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    This is not a race issue. It is a society cultural issue. Our current society/culture has gone to shit. We no longer value human life. The US was built on Christian values but those values have been cut out the last 50 years. Whether you're a Christian or not, you have to agree that the removal of church and state has created a generation of people who do not have anything to base moral values. Most generation X'ers do not know biblical right from wrong. We are a very secular society. Reports are saying that 30% of Americans don't believe in God but it's 50/50 among these young kids. If you don't believe in God, then you don't believe in right/wrong. You basically do what the hell you want to do. Our families have given up on God, given up on the church, so the kids do what they want, because they're bored. This has eroded the family structure, so now there's no parent in the house that can even teach the kid right from wrong.

Poverty, mental illness, hopelessness, etc., are all to blame but not having a God standard is the biggest reason people don't care about what's right or wrong. You hear about these heinous crimes and it is nothing but the devil. God is gone, so the devil can thrive. I'm no religious scholar but you don't need to be to see the US is full of people with no morale standards. Removal of church and state has destroyed America's family values.
    The bible (along with numerous other religious texts) state that you should not charge interest on loans (monetary or otherwise).

Point being, we (basically humans) pick and choose what we like and follow that.

Also, I hate to be that guy, but this nation was founded on the lack of Christian values. Our most famous founding fathers were deists, and didn't agree with many of the already archaic and long held "values" of Christianity.

We've since perverted that fact.

Also, one of my favorite quotes which speak to those who think this generation of recent time in history is a unique degredation of the human condition:

Our youth now love luxury. They have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for their elders and love chatter in place of exercise; they no longer rise when elders enter the room; they contradict their parents, chatter before company; gobble up their food and tyrannize their teachers.
    I think you would be shocked when reading that, when that quote was written. People don't change much, they just die, and new ones with the same cluelessness on life take their place and make up shit along the way - like everyone before them.

However, I like your point.
    Last edited by ChalkyDog; 08-24-13 at 12:44 PM.

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    The bible (along with numerous other religious texts) state that you should not charge interest on loans (monetary or otherwise).

Point being, we (basically humans) pick and choose what we like and follow that.

Also, I hate to be that guy, but this nation was founded on the lack of Christian values. Our most famous founding fathers were deists, and didn't agree with many of the already archaic and long held "values" of Christianity.

Also, one of my favorite quotes which speak to those who think this generation of recent time in history is a unique degredation of the human condition:

I think you would be shocked when reading that, when that quote was written. People don't change much, they just die, and new ones with the same cluelessness on life take their place and make up shit along the way - like everyone before them.

Chalky i know this is a little off topic but there are a myriad of reasons why todays' american feels as though they cant fight back including Psychopathologizing and medicating non-compliance, student loan debt, the fact that schools are educating for compliance and not democracy, the whole 'no child lefrt behind' and 'race to the top' policies which simply add more fear to already struggling schools and students, the normalization of surveillance, television which acts to subdue and manipulate, and religious and consumerist fundamentalism..

Then again its not like where i live is much better in relation to all those above mentioned topics. Those fukkin prikks have us right where they want us.

Just my .02 cents pal. Enjoy
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: PAULYPOKER, and Inkwell77

Mac4Lyfe

Chalky - the bible says to not charge your brother but you can most certainly charge someone you don't know. If you read all the scriptures on the subject you have to look at intent. Your intentions should be to help the person in need. So charging exorbitant interest rates that are unfair is bad as well.
    Deuteronomy 23:19-20 ESV / 148

“You shall not charge interest on loans to your brother, interest on money, interest on food, interest on anything that is lent for interest. You may charge a foreigner interest, but you may not charge your brother interest, that the Lord your God may bless you in all that you undertake in the land that you are entering to take possession of it.

I'd also like to point out that of the 56 men who signed the Declaration of Independence, nearly half (24) held seminary or Bible school degrees. Deist believe there is a God, they just don't think he is concerned about daily dealings. Many people today, don't even believe there's a God. That's a huge difference.

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post

C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

Take our soldiers out of Iraq and Afghanistan. End welfare and station them in Detroit/Atlanta/Camden/Memphis/Oakland and start cleaning those places out. No more free houses, free food, and getting paid to have kids. Shoot the violent ones. Start over.

Mac4Lyfe

Our founding fathers definitely believed in God and saw the benefit of Christian character. If you read their writings, many of them predicted the collapse of society once people went away from it...

George Washington

1st U.S. President

"While we are zealously performing the duties of good citizens and soldiers, we certainly ought not to be inattentive to the higher duties of religion. To the distinguished character of Patriot, it should be our highest glory to add the more distinguished character of Christian."
    --The Writings of Washington, pp. 342-343.

John Adams
    2nd U.S. President and Signer of the Declaration of Independence

"Suppose a nation in some distant Region should take the Bible for their only law Book, and every member should regulate his conduct by the precepts there exhibited! Every member would be obliged in conscience, to temperance, frugality, and industry; to justice, kindness, and charity towards his fellow men; and to piety, love, and reverence toward Almighty God ... What a Eutopia, what a Paradise would this region be."
    --Diary and Autobiography of John Adams, Vol. III, p. 9.

More from Adams...

"The general principles, on which the Fathers achieved independence, were the only Principles in which that beautiful Assembly of young Gentlemen could Unite, and these Principles only could be intended by them in their address, or by me in my answer. And what were these general Principles? I answer, the general Principles of Christianity, in which all these Sects were United: And the general Principles of English and American Liberty, in which all those young Men United, and which had United all Parties in America, in Majorities sufficient to assert and maintain her Independence.
    "Now I will avow, that I then believe, and now believe, that those general Principles of Christianity, are as eternal and immutable, as the Existence and Attributes of God; and that those Principles of Liberty, are as unalterable as human Nature and our terrestrial, mundane System." --Adams wrote this on June 28, 1813, excerpt from a letter to Thomas Jefferson.

Thomas Jefferson
    3rd U.S. President, Drafter and Signer of the Declaration of Independence

"God who gave us life gave us liberty. And can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are of the Gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with His wrath? Indeed, I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just; that His justice cannot sleep forever; That a revolution of the wheel of fortune, a change of situation, is among possible events; that it may become probable by Supernatural influence! The Almighty has no attribute which can take side with us in that event."
    --Notes on the State of Virginia, Query XVIII, p. 237.

"I am a real Christian – that is to say, a disciple of the doctrines of Jesus Christ."
    --The Writings of Thomas Jefferson, p. 385.

John Hancock
    1st Signer of the Declaration of Independence

"Resistance to tyranny becomes the Christian and social duty of each individual. ... Continue steadfast and, with a proper sense of your dependence on God, nobly defend those rights which heaven gave, and no man ought to take from us."
    --History of the United States of America, Vol. II, p. 229.

Benjamin Franklin
    Signer of the Declaration of Independence and Unites States Constitution

"Here is my Creed. I believe in one God, the Creator of the Universe. That He governs it by His Providence. That He ought to be worshipped.
    "That the most acceptable service we render to him is in doing good to his other children. That the soul of man is immortal, and will be treated with justice in another life respecting its conduct in this. These I take to be the fundamental points in all sound religion, and I regard them as you do in whatever sect I meet with them.
    "As to Jesus of Nazareth, my opinion of whom you particularly desire, I think the system of morals and his religion, as he left them to us, is the best the world ever saw, or is likely to see;
    "But I apprehend it has received various corrupting changes, and I have, with most of the present dissenters in England, some doubts as to his divinity; though it is a question I do not dogmatize upon, having never studied it, and think it needless to busy myself with it now, when I expect soon an opportunity of knowing the truth with less trouble. I see no harm, however, in its being believed, if that belief has the good consequence, as probably it has, of making his doctrines more respected and more observed; especially as I do not perceive, that the Supreme takes it amiss, by distinguishing the unbelievers in his government of the world with any peculiar marks of his displeasure."
    --Benjamin Franklin wrote this in a letter to Ezra Stiles, President of Yale University on March 9, 1790.

C-Gold

Thank our Jewish media for the decline in religion and morals. Lots of sex and the city, trading spouses, kartrashians, real housewives etc.

brettels
    brettels's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16

America can go suck dick, the end.

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

Quote Originally Posted by brettels View Post
    I'm gonna say it again, and this time I mean it.

No wonder you're the most targeted country for terrorist attacks, try not to let another plane go through another building.
    Hope someone slits your b!tch-ass throat. funny you say that on the net but not in real life you get curb-stomped

Optional

Funnily enough, I think this incident has gone some way to making Australians (in general) feel better about America.

Seems to be some surprise in our local news stories, and appreciation, that US media treated this like it was a big thing up there too.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Quote Originally Posted by brettels View Post
    America can go suck dick, the end.
    Why you trying so hard? Nobody cares what you think so you're not going to get the attention you are seeking. Teenage behavior

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    The white people comment was sarcasm aimed at the Ayn Rand generation who would rather society decline into total anarchy than admit any taxes or any handouts are 'good' for society.

But the govt mostly does reflect the peoples will in this regard. From this distance it appears that America in general is anti-welfare.

You obviously get it though. Improve quality of life for the lower rungs and they stop ruining others life quality almost immediately.

1. No one intelligent has ever said No taxes is even a plausible idea so you completely missed there.

2. Handouts are not good for society. Have you ever heard of a country called the USA? Perfect example.

3. Your bold comment is hilarious because you apparently think handouts is the path to improving the quality of life.

Can someone move this thread to the saloon so I'll stop reading this dumb shit. Hard not to when it is at the top of the penetrating page everyday.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post

1. No one intelligent has ever said No taxes is even a plausible idea so you completely missed there.

2. Handouts are not good for society. Have you ever heard of a country called the USA? Perfect example.

3. Your bold comment is hilarious because you apparently think handouts is the path to improving the quality of life.

Can someone move this thread to the saloon so I'll stop reading this dumb shit. Hard not to when it is at the top of the penetrating page everyday.
    You sound frustrated.

Like a man who can see a truth he hates and has no argument but rhetoric?

Stockdale
    Stockdale's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Quote Originally Posted by LordVodka View Post
    When are we going to strike back? This is just getting old now. There needs to be an all-out war between Americans and normal people already.

I'm tired of American people acting like animals.
    efa

NrmlCurvSurfr
    NrmlCurvSurfr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 600

Quote Originally Posted by Stockdale View Post
    efa
    yeah right pal, like i posted before, I live in a white neighborhood where everyone owns guns and we dont kill eachother...you connect the dots as to who is responsible...

Stockdale

Quote Originally Posted by NrmlCurvSurfr View Post
    yeah right pal, like i posted before, I live in a white neighborhood where everyone owns guns and we dont kill eachother...you connect the dots as to who is responsible...
    I live in a neighborhood with many black folks and guess what? No killing

Yet every time i tune into US news there is some mass murder that has just happened..now you try to connect those 2 dots please

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

BET will weigh in at this story

NrmlCurvSurfr

I live in a neighborhood with many black folks and guess what? No killing

Yet every time i tune into US news there is some mass murder that has just happened..now you try to connect those 2 dots please
    really? every time? If you dont live in the US i dont expect you to understand, bottom line is people have been using guns responsibly for hundreds of years and we are not about to give them up because of a bunch of dumb animals...you might be able to give brettles a run for his money as far as being ignorant goes...what a waste of time this thread is...lol @ mass murderers, have you ever heard of syria? or maybe egypt? why arent you talking about those mass murders lol you foreigners are funny how you can think you comprehend a subject you have no clue about...good luck on your plays
    Last edited by NrmlCurvSurfr; 08-25-13 at 01:02 PM.

Stockdale

According to the United States Department of Justice: Blacks accounted for 52.5% of homicides, whites 45.3% and Native Americans and Asians 2.2%, from 1980 to 2008.

Your whole penetrating country is screwed up. Black Americans are a lot to blame but so to are white Americans, its a whole national problem and the sooner racist fuckwits see that instead of trying to blame all their problems on one race the sooner your shit hole of a country might start to get fixed up

The whole country is a bunch of gun nuts and its a disgrace

C-Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post

That's what the entire Democrat/Welfare argument boils down to.

White Democrats are scared of black people. They think that if there was no welfare, that starving black teens would pack up and rob them as they leave their urban book stores and head home to their condo and cat. Instead, they think that just giving away free food, free housing, free medical care that will keep the black people in the black ghettos and will keep them from committing crimes against enlightened white people like themselves.

That's the entire scared white democrat line of thinking right there. More Welfare = less crime.

NrmlCurvSurfr

According to the United States Department of Justice: Blacks accounted for 52.5% of homicides, whites 45.3% and Native Americans and Asians 2.2%, from 1980 to 2008.

Your whole penetrating country is screwed up. Black Americans are a lot to blame but so to are white Americans, its a whole national problem and the sooner racist fuckwits see that instead of trying to blame all their problems on one race the sooner your shit hole of a country might start to get fixed up

thanks for caring so much lol...but there are other parts of the world that need more sympathy than the US...

Stockdale

really? every time? If you dont live in the US i dont expect you to understand, bottom line is people have been using guns responsibly for hundreds of years and we are not about to give them up because of a bunch of dumb animals...you might be able to give brettles a run for his money as far as being ignorant goes...what a waste of time this thread is...
    Yep every time.

Doesnt matter if the majority have been using guns responsibly, you should be able to see beyond your penis envy of needing a pistol to realise the harm that they have caused. Unfortunately your country is riddled with deadbeats walking the streets with guns which results in deaths

Unfortunately i dont think you have known any different so its hard to judge too harshly

Stockdale

thanks for caring so much lol...but there are other parts of the world that need more sympathy than the US...
    Indeed there are, but this thread is not about those countries is it

NrmlCurvSurfr

Yep every time.

Doesnt matter if the majority have been using guns responsibly, you should be able to see beyond your penis envy of needing a pistol to realise the harm that they have caused. Unfortunately your country is riddled with deadbeats walking the streets with guns which results in deaths

Unfortunately i dont think you have known any different so its hard to judge too harshly
    youre so sweet not to judge, and just to break it to you, the whole gun control thing is completely media driven so its not shocking that they are plastering every negative idea about guns all around the globe. America might be the only place left where the gov has not systematically disarmed their citizens, so dont feel too bad for us. LOL @ the "news", ive lived my whole life with guns, never known anyone who was murdered by one or committed murder, hows that for news...

C-Gold

Black men are 6.5% of the population but commit over 50% of the kills. Yeah I'd say that's a problem.

The DOJ also considers Hispanics as White. There is no break down of the white murder rate and the Hispanic murder rate, they lump it all together as one race. Not when you apply for a job, but when you count crime statistics. Why do they do this? To mask the "racist" true of who does all the killings.

The American suburbs are as safe as anywhere in the world. The American rural areas same thing. It's the urban areas that are war zones.

Stockdale

youre so sweet not to judge, and just to break it to you, the whole gun control thing is completely media driven so its not shocking that they are plastering every negative idea about guns all around the globe. America might be the only place left where the gov has not systematically disarmed their citizens, so dont feel too bad for us. LOL @ the "news", ive lived my whole life with guns, never known anyone who was murdered by one or committed murder, hows that for news...
    It really is sad that there are people out there that think the government arming their citizens with weapons is a good thing. Oh yeah i forgot its for "protection" from other citizens with weapons lol

Living on a farm ive grown up with rifles all my life as well, never known anyone murdered. But they have to be registered and securely locked away. The fact that you could just walk in off the street, buy a pistol and walk out with it is shameful. The fact that kids can get their hands on weapons and walk into schools with them is shocking. Even more shocking is the culture that American kids grow up with now thinking that is normal procedure

First ... 567891011 ... Last