Originally <a href='/showthread.php?p=19450622'>posted</a> on 08/24/2013:

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
The bible (along with numerous other religious texts) state that you should not charge interest on loans (monetary or otherwise).

Point being, we (basically humans) pick and choose what we like and follow that.

Also, I hate to be that guy, but this nation was founded on the lack of Christian values. Our most famous founding fathers were deists, and didn't agree with many of the already archaic and long held "values" of Christianity.

We've since perverted that fact.

Also, one of my favorite quotes which speak to those who think this generation of recent time in history is a unique degredation of the human condition:

I think you would be shocked when reading that, when that quote was written. People don't change much, they just die, and new ones with the same cluelessness on life take their place and make up shit along the way - like everyone before them.

However, I like your point.
Chalky i know this is a little off topic but there are a myriad of reasons why todays' american feels as though they cant fight back including Psychopathologizing and medicating non-compliance, student loan debt, the fact that schools are educating for compliance and not democracy, the whole 'no child lefrt behind' and 'race to the top' policies which simply add more fear to already struggling schools and students, the normalization of surveillance, television which acts to subdue and manipulate, and religious and consumerist fundamentalism..

Then again its not like where i live is much better in relation to all those above mentioned topics. Those fukkin prikks have us right where they want us.

Just my .02 cents pal. Enjoy