WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

What can the Nats do?

This Nationals team is the NL version of the Angels.... without the excuse of no pitching. How can they continue to underachieve like this? They're now trying to avoid a series loss to the limp peckered Brewers and are downright boring to watch.

I get it that Haren has been a bust, but the rest of their rotation hasn't been bad. What can they do at the deadline to get in the right direction? Bullpen help? These guys are mind numbingly frustrating to figure out. I expected 100 wins this year.

broadway6
    on to the next one
    broadway6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

need a bat. they have trouble scoring runs.

biff
    dead
    biff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

had the over 7 (-180). this game wiped me out (again). nats sure are hard to figure out. what was it, two games in a row just recently they scored over 10 runs, or close to it?

in the end baseball sure has a way of bending you over. it always seems when you are on tilt, baseball finishes the job.

biff
    dead
    biff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

oh, and they are already at 5 today...

alamo
    Why R.E.M. and not The Go-Betweens
    alamo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10890

Nats playing much better today.

thes0vereign
    Don't bet with your heart.
    thes0vereign's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

Quote Originally Posted by alamo View Post
    Nats playing much better today.
    Hitting better, pitching worse.

WvGambler

Dan Haren comes back from the DL next week. If he hasn't sorted his shit out by now, it isn't going to happen. Dirty Dan was so dominate, not too long ago. I think that beaten up back of his has finally given out on him.

WvGambler

This is the Dan Haren the Nats thought they'd be getting. Pitching a great game tonight, and I wish they'd just pull his ass now. 5ip, 3 hits, 1 BB, 7k's, 90 pitches. His fastball has touched 90 a few times. No runs given up. I say yank him now and build some confidence.

broadway6
    on to the next one

Quote Originally Posted by WvGambler View Post
    This is the Dan Haren the Nats thought they'd be getting. Pitching a great game tonight, and I wish they'd just pull his ass now. 5ip, 3 hits, 1 BB, 7k's, 90 pitches. His fastball has touched 90 a few times. No runs given up. I say yank him now and build some confidence.
    no doubt.. but nats can't score runs.

WvGambler

6ip I meant. He got pulled too. Good call Davey.

WvGambler

Quote Originally Posted by broadway6 View Post
    no doubt.. but nats can't score runs.
    Yea, this lineup is oddly boring. Harper will probably have a great second half though.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 33754

Yea, this lineup is oddly boring. Harper will probably have a great second half though.
    Harper is extremely overrated.

Last year he hit 22 homers, OK, not bad, but 22 homers is not really earth shattering, is it?
    Drove in only 59 runs. Meaningless solo shots anybody?
    You hit 22 homers, you usually see at least 75 + RBI's.
    Harper hit .270 last year. Yawn.

I don't want to get long winded here, Harpers 2013 numbers so far are pretty much equal to 2012.
    Right now he's hitting .269, with 13 homers and 29 RBI's.

I see a pattern developing here, until proven otherwise, Harper is what he is, a .270 hitter, that hits 22 homers, that drives in barely 60, above average outfielder with stolen base speed.

Good, but not great OBA, yadda, yadda, yadda.

What I don't understand is how clown shoe bro Harper gets to the outfield with ESPN hugging his rooster and holding on to his jock.

I'll say it for the 1000th time, name one thing Harper does, that Trout doesn't do so much better?

broadway6
    on to the next one

they need more than harper to have a big 2h. The only .300 hitter they have is a part-time catcher. Werth is heating up and could be a .300 shortly, but they need laroche to stop cashing checks and hit the ball.

broadway6
    on to the next one

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post

Last year he hit 22 homers, OK, not bad, but 22 homers is not really earth shattering, is it?

I don't want to get long winded here, Harpers 2013 numbers so far are pretty much equal to 2012.

I see a pattern developing here, until proven otherwise, Harper is what he is, a .270 hitter, that hits 22 homers, that drives in barely 60, above average outfielder with stolen base speed.

What I don't understand is how clown shoe bro Harper gets to the outfield with ESPN hugging his rooster and holding on to his jock.

I'll say it for the 1000th time, name one thing Harper does, that Trout doesn't do so much better?
    probably on roids... trout doesn't have a neck

WvGambler

Calm down Nasher, I just think he has a good second half. I completely agree that Trout is better. Cargo is better. Cutch is better. Braun is better. There are plenty of OF who are better. Bryce Harper plays for the Nats and this is a Nats thread. I'm tipping off the Harper camp to keep an eye out for you Nasher. A close eye.

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18704

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post

I dont think Harper is overrated, but I feel trout is better

WvGambler

There goes Dirty Dans win....out the door.