odog11
    It aint easy being greasy.
    odog11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3197

Tea time cricket talk: ICC Semi Finals discussion and plays.

After reading through a bit I think South Africa the better side to back tomorrow vs. England. I can only get -120 now and I think not too much value with that, so will probably pass. Line was a little more generous, but I think news of one of England's top bowlers Graeme Swann likely being out caused some movement. There is also question of one of South Africa's key bowlers, Dale Steyn, possibly being out and probably best to wait till word on his status is official.

I think India taking on Sri Lanka in the next semi is probably the best bet of the semis. They seem in good form and the favorites to win it all, but need to read up or hear some other opinions before making a play. I can get India at -175 now.

Anyone have any insights or thoughts?

brnsnd
    Update your status
    brnsnd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Like I said before, not too sure on SA v ENG but will most likely risk a max of 2u on SA in the end. On the SL v IND I will definitely pick India but I still haven't looked at the weather report. The conditions will change how effective Malinga will be and it will also change how much I bet on India. You never know how many wickets he's gonna pull outta his slinging ass

odog11

Decided to go small on England tomorrow, just enough to make it interesting. Will probably have a large play on India.

irlandais_noir
    irlandais_noir's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1330

Gotta be SA here. Available at evens @ PP.

England have disappointed while SA were unlucky to lose to India.

Let's go Proteas!

PerfectGrape
    PerfectGrape's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1887

+1 for India -160

irlandais_noir
    irlandais_noir's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1330

Fell asleep before the start of match. Thanks god. SA getting slaughtered. Dodged a bullet.

Add me to list of people on India. Really should win tomorrow

brnsnd
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by irlandais_noir View Post
    Fell asleep before the start of match. Thanks god. SA getting slaughtered. Dodged a bullet.

Add me to list of people on India. Really should win tomorrow
    Lol the match is just embarrassing. I know that they are known to choke but this? Ugh I had 1.5u on them but I'll just make it up on India I guess. Only problem is that we need the match tomorrow to actually be played, lots of rain to be dodged
    Last edited by brnsnd; 06-19-13 at 07:26 AM.

odog11

Quote Originally Posted by odog11 View Post
    Decided to go small on England tomorrow, just enough to make it interesting. Will probably have a large play on India.
    England cruising home.

odog11

Does England's strong performance make Sri Lanka's win over them look a little more impressive? Still leaning strongly to India, but trying to play devil's advocate here.

Anyone see anything for or against a play on India?

Also looks like should be a healthy dose of rain tomorrow which complicates things.

brnsnd
    Update your status

Does England's strong performance make Sri Lanka's win over them look a little more impressive? Still leaning strongly to India, but trying to play devil's advocate here.

Anyone see anything for or against a play on India?

Also looks like should be a healthy dose of rain tomorrow which complicates things.
    I don't think this game really meant anything, just good old SA screwing up when it counts... England was solid I guess but solid doesn't equal the collapse of SA batting. It was ridiculous. I might be on tilt because on my bad day but I'm gonna pound the India ML and hope it won't rain too much.

odog11

Quote Originally Posted by brnsnd View Post
    I don't think this game really meant anything, just good old SA screwing up when it counts... England was solid I guess but solid doesn't equal the collapse of SA batting. It was ridiculous. I might be on tilt because on my bad day but I'm gonna pound the India ML and hope it won't rain too much.
    what happens if the whole day is a wash or only one team is able to bat? I assume they will just play tomorrow with the final set for tomorrow? Just wondering if the chance for a lower number of overs makes an upset a little more likely.

odog11

Turns out if it is rained out India advance to the final having won their group. Going to play India, though not a huge play. Too bad they don't have "will advance" option as looks like a rain out a decent chance.

brnsnd
    Update your status

Turns out if it is rained out India advance to the final having won their group. Going to play India, though not a huge play. Too bad they don't have "will advance" option as looks like a rain out a decent chance.
    Ha yea I wish they had that. I'd prob empty my roll into it. I'm was going to do a 5u play on India but since I lost this morning it'll have to be 7.5u. But realistically it prob won't matter since it will most likely be a push.

I'm not sure what the consequences are for the shortened overs... I guess we will have to wait and see who wins the toss. From what I understand of the D/L method, the team batting first will have a advantage if they whack the ball around from the beginning. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong because I'm still kinda confused on how the thing works.
    Last edited by brnsnd; 06-19-13 at 11:27 PM.

rohan22no
    rohan22no's Avatar Become A Pro!

I dont understand all this love for India, I'm yet to be convinced that they are good value at the current price by anything ive seen, or read here or elsewhere. I've got a small bet on SL.

brnsnd
    Update your status

I felt that this was a nice quote

"So here's the scenarios again: If India win this, they are through to the finals against England. If Sri Lanka restrict India to 182, they will be out of the tournament. If India win this in 29.1 overs, they are through to the finals against England. If India win this after 29.1 overs, they are still through to the finals against England."

odog11

Quote Originally Posted by rohan22no View Post
    I dont understand all this love for India, I'm yet to be convinced that they are good value at the current price by anything ive seen, or read here or elsewhere. I've got a small bet on SL.
    I didn't think it was great value, so didn't go huge on it, but did play India. They look to be cruising in for the W now.

odog11

Tra la la.......

odog11

With the India win I am 5-0(all this ICC) lifetime betting cricket. Beginners luck perhaps and also lucked out having a match that was heading toward a loss abandoned because of weather. On to the finals.

William Hill has England +110, India -138 which is about where I was expecting it. Initial lean is toward India. Anyone have any early thoughts on the final?

thunderous
    Update your status
    thunderous's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7111

With the India win I am 5-0(all this ICC) lifetime betting cricket. Beginners luck perhaps and also lucked out having a match that was heading toward a loss abandoned because of weather. On to the finals.

William Hill has England +110, India -138 which is about where I was expecting it. Initial lean is toward India. Anyone have any early thoughts on the final?
    Fantastic odds -138 specially if you are the type who bet once and forgets. I make multiple bets in a single game and always hedge, not sure if your book offers live betting but if it did then I would start with India and then wait if it gets +money, if it does play some more and wait till it gets low and then hedge. If India bats first I am sure you will get them at +money at some point diff story if they are chasing specially somewhere in the neighborhood of 240-250.

odog11

Quote Originally Posted by thunderous View Post
    Fantastic odds -138 specially if you are the type who bet once and forgets. I make multiple bets in a single game and always hedge, not sure if your book offers live betting but if it did then I would start with India and then wait if it gets +money, if it does play some more and wait till it gets low and then hedge. If India bats first I am sure you will get them at +money at some point diff story if they are chasing specially somewhere in the neighborhood of 240-250.
    I don't have a book that offers live bets on Cricket. In fact I can't even play the -138 as William Hill does not take US players. Do you know any that have live betting for cricket and are available to US players?

I will probably go with India unless I only end up with real crap odds available to me.

brnsnd
    Update your status

I don't have a book that offers live bets on Cricket. In fact I can't even play the -138 as William Hill does not take US players. Do you know any that have live betting for cricket and are available to US players?

I will probably go with India unless I only end up with real crap odds available to me.
    Yea that's a problem with me too but I refuse to use online books in the first place since I'm too paranoid about losing my money. Local is the way to go

Just out of curiosity, what book are you using?

thunderous
    Update your status
    thunderous's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7111

I use a local and literally a local. I am in US but I call a contact in India who operates a big book there. Have not come across anyone here...

odog11

Yea that's a problem with me too but I refuse to use online books in the first place since I'm too paranoid about losing my money. Local is the way to go

Just out of curiosity, what book are you using?
    I use 5Dimes primarily and they are legit so I would not worry too much about having your money in there, though of course you dont' want to tie up too much. I had some money in some other books, little in one other still, but have withdrawn most of that, going to put some of that back in to another soon. Also have a local, but often lines are not as good or available depending on the sport.

brnsnd
    Update your status

Well I got -140 on India for the final and I decided wth, they haven't failed me yet so why not dump more money on them.

odog11

Went with India, plus big. Hope we don't get a rain out.

ExodusNZ
    ExodusNZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1314

Bit of a late post but why have England become the favourites ? As they elected to bowl first with the pitch having a bit of moisture in it ?

Wulfman14
    The Great Khali
    Wulfman14's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by thunderous View Post
    I use a local and literally a local. I am in US but I call a contact in India who operates a big book there. Have not come across anyone here...
    for cricket my grandpa was ready to take action from me hahahaha. guy is retired and takes long walks and watches soccer and cricket sitting 5 inches away from the TV and not moving the entire match. he wanted to bet me a lakh, like 1300 USD on this one. i said nah gramps. he said come on. i said i dont have that kind of money here (i do but it aint going on cricket which i know shit about). he said tell yur father to w e stern u n io n the money from yur precious grocerty store accounts and with his giant hands started clapping and laughing as if he knew something about the match that i didnt. i said no i dont wanna bet and ran away LMAO. during huge matches like this everyone is a fukkin local in india. i know a couple of year long locals , dont know if they are legit (cuz if they dont wanna pay trust me there is NOTHING you can do about it), they take action on cricket, rugby, NBA, MLB, tennis, all major soccer leagues. no NFL or college sports though so fuk that. good luck to all betting this one. me being a "curry tandoori" boy im staying away from this one.
    Last edited by Wulfman14; 06-23-13 at 05:01 AM.

NavsPicks
    NavsPicks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1877

From India aswell and I stay away from India in finals .. Shits so shady . GL anyone who has $ on them tho. Why's ENG favored to win ATM ?

brnsnd
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusNZ View Post
    Bit of a late post but why have England become the favourites ? As they elected to bowl first with the pitch having a bit of moisture in it ?
    Where do you see that? The euro books still show India to be the favs to win. It's unfortunate that this has a good chance of becoming a rain out. I woke up early so I could watch a good match for a couple hours before I go to work

brnsnd
    Update your status

Wow watching that match was literally a nail biting experience for me. After India finished batting I was prepared to write off the losses on that bet but... wow

odog11

Wow watching that match was literally a nail biting experience for me. After India finished batting I was prepared to write off the losses on that bet but... wow
    I know, great match and a bit of a roller coaster with England at bat and came down to the very last ball. Good stuff.