k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1842

Miami Dolphins, O/U 8 Wins....is this a Joke?

Yeah they signed a few FA's, big deal, most will be underachievers. QB's unreliable. Wallace won't be anything special.

They could easily start 1-4 or 0-5 with their schedule.

9 wins just seem like a lot for this team who so many think has "potential".
    I just see another 7-9, 6-10 year at best.

Am I missing anything?
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: juventus_003

jose21_us
    The Miami Connection
    jose21_us's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11236

probably 8-8

ramones951
    ramones951's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 891

They do have a brutal schedule outside of their division.. Interesting

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

NE & HOU are a tough start, but then @CLE, @SD, @NYJ are very favourable road games. They have to face NE x2, HOU, and DEN this year, but after that, the quality of competition drops off quite a bit, with Washington & Dallas being the next best teams they face. O/U 8 wins is probably a little high, but I understand why they put it there when their schedule includes NYJ x2, KC, OAK, SD, PHI, and BUF x2.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

AFC East is weak. The Dolphins usually give the Pats problems...who have more holes than usual. Completely possible they go 4-2 in the division. Throw in 4 more games (SD, Cle, Car, TB) and there's your 8.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Quote Originally Posted by suicidekings View Post
    NE & HOU are a tough start, but then @CLE, @SD, @NYJ are very favourable road games. They have to face NE x2, HOU, and DEN this year, but after that, the quality of competition drops off quite a bit, with Washington & Dallas being the next best teams they face. O/U 8 wins is probably a little high, but I understand why they put it there when their schedule includes NYJ x2, KC, OAK, SD, PHI, and BUF x2.
    Think you're looking at the wrong schedule

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito
    frogsrangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5421

Don't see why people are so high on Ryan Tannesuck. Wasn't he dead last among NFL QBs in TD passes last year?

EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 537

Tannehill is garbage I agree with OP this looks like a good under bet

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8491

I see Miami winning the AFC East
    10-6 or 11-5

Ryan Tannehill could be voted to many pro bowls in the next few years. The kid has got it all.

This team is got the makings of a real contender.
    Last edited by DwightShrute; 06-08-13 at 06:54 PM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: downsouth

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6898

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Yeah they signed a few FA's, big deal, most will be underachievers. QB's unreliable. Wallace won't be anything special.

They could easily start 1-4 or 0-5 with their schedule.

9 wins just seem like a lot for this team who so many think has "potential".
    I just see another 7-9, 6-10 year at best.

Am I missing anything?
    they will lose to the Colts again too I promise you that

JayLA
    On to the next one...
    JayLA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1219

Tannehill is not garbage.

I think 8 is just right. Average team. Could go either way. a Conviction either way is premature and foolish

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

If Jets and Bills are as bad as they were last year. 4 wins in the division is automatic. Late season wins after everything is settled is what would get the Fins to .500

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

It's an 8-8 league and the Dolphins are an average team. Still, I see something like 7-9 as more likely.

pixster
    pixster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5629

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    If Jets and Bills are as bad as they were last year. 4 wins in the division is automatic. Late season wins after everything is settled is what would get the Fins to .500
    The key word is "If".

Predicting how a team will do based on the previous year(s), free agency, and the draft is one thing, but no one can predict injuries, suspensions and the like. So to me, O/U wagering is like throwing dice. Same thing goes for 1st week wagering 'cause a lot can happen (and does happen) in pre-season. So nothing is automatic. Buyer beware.

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff
    downsouth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25129

8-8 looks as close to accurate as you can be this time of year.

Nothing screams 6 wins or 10. If you want something to sweat then fair enough but cannot really see this as some sort of value bet. Now of course I am a huge dolphins fan so I easily see an 11 win AFC east winner and will happily take my money on the over.

k13

Quote Originally Posted by pixster View Post
    The key word is "If".

Predicting how a team will do based on the previous year(s), free agency, and the draft is one thing, but no one can predict injuries, suspensions and the like. So to me, O/U wagering is like throwing dice. Same thing goes for 1st week wagering 'cause a lot can happen (and does happen) in pre-season. So nothing is automatic. Buyer beware.
    Always take under unless it is a really low total.

Redskins 9, Rams 8, more joke lines in vegas that were available.

Jimmy Proffett
    Jimmy Proffett's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 954

Redskins under 9 wins seems like the freest free money that has ever existed. That's with a healthy RGIII. If he gets hurt.... count the money

ChiLLx
    ChiLLx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9184

Value was on Dolphins over 6.5 -120

retard
    retard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 112

Last edited by retard; 06-10-13 at 03:31 PM.

JayLA
    On to the next one...

Quote Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
    8-8 looks as close to accurate as you can be this time of year.

Nothing screams 6 wins or 10. If you want something to sweat then fair enough but cannot really see this as some sort of value bet. Now of course I am a huge dolphins fan so I easily see an 11 win AFC east winner and will happily take my money on the over.
    I'm a huge dolphin fan and I have a $350 bet with my friend that the Phins don't make the playoffs.

Tannehill isn't the only "problem"....i actually think he can be a fine QB, anyone who thinks otherwise hates the aggies or doesn't evaluate QB talent that well...
    There's just too much uncertainty with this backfield. Thomas as our 1st RB? Miller 2nd??? O-line a mystery too. 9 wins would be an accomplishment....but 6,7 wins would be disappointing.

Jeffie
    Jeffie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1163

Even when the Dolphins had a way better team then Bills and jets, they still managed to lose to them. Im the biggest phin fan out there but u8 seems like a really good bet.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Both Jets games and Bills games are not "free wins"......AFC East has a lot of history with teams that hate eachother and you can throw out stats and recent trends.....Dolphins aren't even close to being good enough to just write in 4 rivalry games as wins.......2-2 most likely in these games
    Last edited by MoneyLineDawg; 06-10-13 at 03:00 AM.

HauntingTheHoly
    HauntingTheHoly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 483

Another Dolphin fan here who is not too excited. Not a hugely valuable line, though. Probably a couple others that are better.

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by HauntingTheHoly View Post
    Another Dolphin fan here who is not too excited. Not a hugely valuable line, though. Probably a couple others that are better.
    how could you not be excited if you a dolphins fan? Tannehill is the best QB we've had since Marino, we signed the fastest WR in the NFL and lots of other players, whole new attitude, new coach that now has the player's he wants and player's want to come and play in Miami again.

This is going to be an offensive minded fast paced offense and very exciting to watch. After a decade of nonsense, things are finally looking good in Fishland!

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

Patriots under 11.5 a much better bet. Aging Brady will depend on the run game a whole lot more and Gronk will be out for a few games. 11-5 at best.

The Dolphins won 7 games last year with a worse team. They've improved this year and Tannehill has a year under his belt. They will likely go 8-8 or 9-7 if things go right. Definitely much better bets out there.

ramones951
    ramones951's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 891

Quote Originally Posted by retard View Post
    They will go 11-6 looking at the schedule
    They might go 12-5 or 10-5 with a couple 50/50 games

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by retard View Post
    They will go 11-6 looking at the schedule
    They might go 12-5 or 10-5 with a couple 50/50 games
    Hey retard they play 16 games
    Last edited by MoneyLineDawg; 06-10-13 at 01:23 PM.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7726

Top notch defence. They go 9-7.

doylfish
    doylfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9805

Quote Originally Posted by easyliving View Post
    Patriots under 11.5 a much better bet. Aging Brady will depend on the run game a whole lot more and Gronk will be out for a few games. 11-5 at best.The Dolphins won 7 games last year with a worse team. They've improved this year and Tannehill has a year under his belt. They will likely go 8-8 or 9-7 if things go right. Definitely much better bets out there.
    No. The schedule just isn't there unless the Pats beat themselves. Only tough game they have until Denver/Houston back to back is away at ATL...they should roll into that Denver matchup on Thanksgiving 9-1 at worst assuming they lose to ATL or possibly Steelers give them trouble. Then Denver/Houston back to back, and this time Houston is away so that will be a huge test even though they got destroyed by Pats twice last year. After those two games only tough matchup will be Ravens away. You're looking at a 12-4 team at worst even if they lose all those 'tougher' matchups and/or don't take care of business like this team is expected to.

DwightShrute

Miami wins the AFC east

doylfish
    doylfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9805

Unlike the Dolphins the Patriots will be fully expected to go 6-0 in their division. That's not a knock on the 'Phins at all. I talk football with my 'Phins buddy all the time and he is legitimately excited (I think maybe a little too much), but I agree their defense will be quite good, probably top 5, really all depends on how Tannehill does. That being said, like someone said earlier, Dolphins haven't earned right or respect to automatically count up 4 wins against Jets and Bills, but the Patriots definitely have. If the Pats lose to those teams it's viewed as a choke.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1926

Dolphin's #3 pick Dion Jordan could dominate on defense.

k13

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Proffett View Post
    Redskins under 9 wins seems like the freest free money that has ever existed. That's with a healthy RGIII. If he gets hurt.... count the money
    Yes, that's my favorite win total prop out of all of them.

JayLA
    On to the next one...

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    Miami wins the AFC east
    Let's set somethin up.

ChiLLx
    ChiLLx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9184

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Yes, that's my favorite win total prop out of all of them.

Where is this still available. 5dimes already down to 8 (not really worth it)

1234 Last