JamesOWB
    JamesOWB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

MLB Pick for tonight

I'm taking the Yankees. Masterson has been great but I don't think he will get it done tonight. The Yankees have been playing poorly and need a break out game to get back on track and I think it starts tonight with Pettitte.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by JamesOWB View Post
    I'm taking the Yankees. Masterson has been great but I don't think he will get it done tonight. The Yankees have been playing poorly and need a break out game to get back on track and I think it starts tonight with Pettitte.
    what a douche ... this guys reasoning for taking the Yankees is bc they have been playing poorly and need this win...

lmfao you cant make this shit up

JamesOWB

It's a solid play. Watch and see. Everyone is thinking Indians. Yankees clean up here.

Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14392

It's a solid play. Watch and see. Everyone is thinking Indians. Yankees clean up here.
    Baseball is soooooo streaky, so cuz Yanks been playing poor but tonight they will turn it around? Huh?

JamesOWB

True that baseball is veryyyyy streaky, but streaks come to an end.

Bostongambler

True that baseball is veryyyyy streaky, but streaks come to an end.
    And only when they come to an end and start flowing the other way is when you jump on/off them. You can't predict when it will start.

JamesOWB

not trying to predict that a streak will start. All I'm saying is I'm betting the Yankees tonight. Fade if you like.

scotty555
    scotty555's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 414

Yankees win and over. Does home team matter much?

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18710

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    what a douche ... this guys reasoning for taking the Yankees is bc they have been playing poorly and need this win...

lmfao you cant make this shit up
    Lmfao this post made me laugh

I do lean NYY, but not strong enough to bet

Bostongambler

not trying to predict that a streak will start. All I'm saying is I'm betting the Yankees tonight. Fade if you like.

Its just your reasoning that comes into question is all. Will the Yanks win? Who knows, they might, but saying they have been playing poor and need a breakout game is not beyond contempt. gl

JamesOWB

I hear ya.

JamesOWB

Been betting for a living for over 14 years. There is more that comes into play over a game than just 2 sentences. I was trying to make it short and sweet instead of writing a book. Now I know for the future so I want get called a douche lol.

Bostongambler

If u have been betting for 14 years u should know that there is not a "due to play better" tactic to gambling. Once again, not saying the Yankees will not win tonight. After all no way can anyone predict the outcome of a Pro sporting event. We just try to get the best chance % on our side. Good luck.

CapDatA$$
    CapDatA$$'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 238

Not a regular poster on here, but enjoy reading different opinions and leans. Also, I definitely don't consider myself a good capper as am I just really starting my gambling career, but love sports and stats and am hoping to figure out a way to win. I imagine that as I pop my SBR cherry with this post, it will be met with a good number of negative responses as is evident from the countless other threads in which newbies try to offer any sort of sound advice.

That being said, of all the possible plays tonight, I believe your lean on the Yankees is ill-advised. The very much injured Yankees have dropped 7 of their last 8 games with a .217 team batting average during that time. Andy Pettitte is still recovering from a shoulder injury and hasn't pitched since his loss at home to Seattle nearly 3 weeks ago. The Indians have faced Pettitte through 103 at bats and have a .282 batting average during that time. Not to mention, if you watch clips from the dugout during the rain delay against Boston last night, you will see the Yankees jump out of their seats as lighting strikes like fourth grade sissys. This is the Majors, not a League of Their Own.

Now looking at the Cleveland Indians and the toking Jamaican, Justin Masterson... The Indians have the 10th best batting average in the leauge at .261 thanks in large part to efforts by Michael Brantley, Asdrubal Cabrera, and Carlos Santana who are continuing to produce despite the Indians recent slide. The Indians also have recorded the 6th most runs in the league with 274. On the other side of the ball, Masterson flaunts a 2.31 era and .94 WHIP in his last 5 starts. Yankees batters have a .237 batting average against Masterson in 219 at bats and have only taken him yard once.

Baseball is definitely a lot about streaks, both winning and losing. Until the Yankees get the likes of Texiera, Nunez, and Youk back in the lineup, I will not be betting against the streak. That is not to say that they won't win until those players are back or even that you won't win tonight. The purpose of this post is to point out that I personally don't see any reason to make a bet on the Yankees. If anything, I would back Cleveland and the +102 ML.

pattymayo
    pattymayo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Yanks lost 7 of 8 and cannot hit lately what makes you think they wake up tonight??

Adams, Brignac and Romaine are automatic outs at the bottom of the order

I just don't get why the yanks are getting pounded and are -115 now , they were -105 two hours ago

Emancipator
    Emancipator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 996

Yankees win but it will be a 4-2, 5-1 type of game, Pettitte has been money against the indians, and Masterson has struggled in New York. Plus the Yanks have won eight of their last nine against the Indians in NY, so ...

CapDatA$$

Quote Originally Posted by Emancipator View Post
    Yankees win but it will be a 4-2, 5-1 type of game, Pettitte has been money against the indians, and Masterson has struggled in New York. Plus the Yanks have won eight of their last nine against the Indians in NY, so ...
    The Indians have done better against Pettitte than the Yanks have done against Masterson... .237 batting average against the toking Jamaican and .282 batting average against the aged, hurt Pettitte.

Simon Gruber
    scientific thought and reasoning
    Simon Gruber's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Masterson has ONLY made 3 road starts so far this year. He's 1-2 with a high ERA because in two of those starts he got shelled. In 2012 he had a 6.50 ERA on the road with 1.5 whip and a BAA of .300 compared to 3.62 at home and a .241 BAA. Clearly he's not the same pitcher away from Cleveland and people expecting an ace to show up tonight are probably going to be disappointed.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Emancipator

Emancipator

Good look but they can't score runs. Pettitte has allowed 5 runs in 23 innings, Masterson has allowed 7 runs in 13 last two starts at Yankee stadium. And he's allowed like 12 in 12 innings in his past two road games.

Emancipator

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Gruber View Post
    Masterson has ONLY made 3 road starts so far this year. He's 1-2 with a high ERA because in two of those starts he got shelled. In 2012 he had a 6.50 ERA on the road with 1.5 whip and a BAA of .300 compared to 3.62 at home and a .241 BAA. Clearly he's not the same pitcher away from Cleveland and people expecting an ace to show up tonight are probably going to be disappointed.
    Word, but ESPN has him at five road starts ... but yeah, his last two have been horrible with one of them against the Royals.

CapDatA$$

Quote Originally Posted by Emancipator View Post
    Good look but they can't score runs. Pettitte has allowed 5 runs in 23 innings, Masterson has allowed 7 runs in 13 last two starts at Yankee stadium. And he's allowed like 12 in 12 innings in his past two road games.
    Good catch, E. I didn't realize this, but then again I am staying away from this game. GL

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

I appologize for calling the OP a douche. I actually have no bet on this game.

I was leaning Indians but even though the Yankees line-up is kinda weak right now....

the top 5 or 6 hitters bat lefty and this may be an issue for Masterson..

B/C his 3 quarter arm slot will be easy to pick up for a lefty.

Also i dont like how the public is on Indians and this game is on espn.

its a no play for me.

i'm going with
    Pacers +7
    Bruins ML
    Braves ML
    Reds ML
    Cardinals ML
    Padres ML

BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

Was gonna give props on the play until I saw this....................

Been betting for a living for over 14 years.

Auto-tool