Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly
    Dollars2Donuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 589

Quote Originally Posted by seancon121 View Post
    Haha, alright alright i feel ya D. I'm just taking the angle that Indiana is due for a bad performance especially from big man roy hibbert and point gaurd g hill. I don't think IND can sustain their level of play and I think it will be a similar game to Game 2 at MSG when Indy dropped out, except NY will be playing with a LOT for desperation and emotion. I put 2 units on the NY spread -4.5 and 2 units on the over(179).
    That's awesome...seriously. Come in with that everytime and people will start listening.

Although I disagree with everything you said....Indy's only problem was a 3 minute lapse in Game 2....that lapse created a blowout win, when Indy was actually up 64-62 and in a dog fight. The way they have played, IMO we will not see that again....

But GL and welcome to SBR....good response.

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly
    Dollars2Donuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 589

Quote Originally Posted by pattymayo View Post
    Indy has no chance tonight

They won't even play hard. If they manage to keep the game competitive in the 1h the Knicks will go on a huge run in the 2h like game 2

Indiana does not need to win tonight and they know it. They are a different team on the road. They will not be able to keep up with the Knicks scoring for 4 quarters and they don't have to

Lose tonight go home and win in 6. This is why Indiana played so hard in game 1 to win, because now they can coast here and close it out at home
    It is NEVER that easy....and I am not sure what planet you are from but teams do not take games off in the playoffs...Indy know that if they lose tonight NY will have the momentum and that ALL of the pressure will be on them in Game 6....then people will be shoving mics into their faces screaming 'MUST WIN FOR INDY' or they go back for game 7 in MSG.

There is as much to play for tonight as there has been in any game so far.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

They won't even play hard. If they manage to keep the game competitive in the 1h the Knicks will go on a huge run in the 2h like game 2

Indiana does not need to win tonight and they know it. They are a different team on the road. They will not be able to keep up with the Knicks scoring for 4 quarters and they don't have to

Lose tonight go home and win in 6. This is why Indiana played so hard in game 1 to win, because now they can coast here and close it out at home
    Haha. Better go all in on NY then, given Indy has no chance to win. Your range is out of whack Patty

goodlucky30
    goodlucky30's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 402

They played so hard in game 1 to lose this game is what you are saying? you might be the dumbest person in the world. They do need to win tonight if they want extra rest moron. All you knicks fans put it to rest. Your team sucks

bostonphoenix
    bostonphoenix's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have no idea what will happen. But I don't think any team just lets a game go.

Look at the bruins recently. That has to be a thought in all sports at the moment.

You play to win. Maybe the other team plays harder for x y z. But you play to win.

stevex
    stevex's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11350

Quote Originally Posted by bostonphoenix View Post
    I have no idea what will happen. But I don't think any team just lets a game go.

Look at the bruins recently. That has to be a thought in all sports at the moment.
    Interesting avatar

Smoove
    howbow dah
    Smoove's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 403

Haha, what a penetrating stupid comment. Hilarious.

bostonphoenix

Quote Originally Posted by stevex View Post
    Interesting avatar
    It was either him or eeyore.

I use them for most anonymous avatars at the moment.

Thanks.

seancon121
    seancon121's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by Dollars2Donuts View Post
    That's awesome...seriously. Come in with that everytime and people will start listening.

Although I disagree with everything you said....Indy's only problem was a 3 minute lapse in Game 2....that lapse created a blowout win, when Indy was actually up 64-62 and in a dog fight. The way they have played, IMO we will not see that again....

But GL and welcome to SBR....good response.
    Not usually a fan of being patronized but I guess I am a noob to the forum.
    I can't say I agree with that being their only issue in G2. If a 3 min lapse is all it really takes to wreck Indiana's game I think this series should be different. I still see Indy as a streaky team with problems finishing games like in the reg. season, except now they are in the playoffs and and the intensity has risen.
    I'm not a knick fan and I have Indiana winning the series in 7. I just don't think NY is THAT bad that they'd let their season end like this.

PS: George Hill is missing G5 with a concussion

pattymayo
    pattymayo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Quote Originally Posted by goodlucky30 View Post
    They played so hard in game 1 to lose this game is what you are saying? you might be the dumbest person in the world. They do need to win tonight if they want extra rest moron. All you knicks fans put it to rest. Your team sucks
    No, they played so hard and were so determined to win Game 1 because it makes tonight's game NOT a must win game. Let's face it, Indy does NOT have to show up tonight to win this series. And that is simply because they stole game 1 and then did what NBA teams are suppose to do and win your home games. It is a PRIME let down spot for a bad road team up 3-1 in a series.

They simply will not duplicate what they did at home in MSG tonight. It will not happen. There will be a search party out for Roy Hibbert's whereabouts tonight.

pattymayo

Quote Originally Posted by Smoove View Post
    Haha, what a penetrating stupid comment. Hilarious.
    Ok, be sure to pop back in around 10:30pm tonight and tell me how stupid it was.

bostonphoenix

I think hills absence gives this to the Knicks.

Not anything else.

pattymayo

Quote Originally Posted by Dollars2Donuts View Post
    It is NEVER that easy....and I am not sure what planet you are from but teams do not take games off in the playoffs...Indy know that if they lose tonight NY will have the momentum and that ALL of the pressure will be on them in Game 6....then people will be shoving mics into their faces screaming 'MUST WIN FOR INDY' or they go back for game 7 in MSG.

There is as much to play for tonight as there has been in any game so far.
    Donuts, sometimes it IS this easy. They will not have all of the pressure in game 6 when they lose tonight... what pressure? The pressure of playing at home STILL up a game in the series, knowing you're 5-0 at home in the playoffs with ALL 5 wins being by double digits, and all you have to do is beat a team you just spanked at home twice again?

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

just hammered the knicks at -210 for 10 units. George hill will be out for pacers
    Last edited by easyliving; 05-16-13 at 06:09 PM. Reason: wrong team

pattymayo

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Haha. Better go all in on NY then, given Indy has no chance to win. Your range is out of whack Patty
    Indy ML is dead money pal, don't do it.

The Kraken

Patty, my bets are in. I'm just trying to help you.

Do you play much poker?

amrit
    amrit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1613

Kraken who are you on?

pattymayo

Quote Originally Posted by easyliving View Post
    just hammered the knicks at -210 for 10 units. George hill will be out for knicks
    George Hill plays for the Pacers, but wise move taking the Knicks.

pattymayo

Patty, my bets are in. I'm just trying to help you.

Do you play much poker?
    No, why?

pattymayo

Quote Originally Posted by amrit View Post
    Kraken who are you on?
    Pacers +5 i'm guessing

He's throwing his money away. I'm trying to tell him.

easyliving

when was it made public that hill would be out? The line has barely moved the past couple hours

pattymayo

when was it made public that hill would be out? The line has barely moved the past couple hours
    Relax bro. Knicks -5 now, ML shot up to -200. Hill news came out maybe an hour ago.

Knicks will roll

amolg24
    amolg24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3317

Its breaking news so basically less than an hour ago...the line should start moving soon im thinking

seancon121
    seancon121's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

like 40 or so min. ago. Its back at -5. I could see it closing on -5.5 at the most if a lot of people throw down on NY in the next 45 min

The Kraken

Poker and sports betting are similar in a lot ways. In Poker, you never want to try and put your opponent on a particular hand, it's too narrow and too much guess work. We don't like guess work. So you put him on a hand range based on a multitude of factors. Here, We're doing the same thing. There's a broad spectrum of possible outcomes tonight but Indy winning zero percent of the time isn't one of them. The only absolute tonight is Indy has more of a chance to win than you're giving them.

how much more? That's speculative but I have them as a 1-3 point dog almost 75% of the time, so there was now value for me at +5.

amolg24
    amolg24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3317

Poker and sports betting are similar in a lot ways. In Poker, you never want to try and put your opponent on a particular hand, it's too narrow and too much guess work. We don't like guess work. So you put him on a hand range based on a multitude of factors. Here, We're doing the same thing. There's a broad spectrum of possible outcomes tonight but Indy winning zero percent of the time isn't one of them. The only absolute tonight is Indy has more of a chance to win than you're giving them.

how much more? That's speculative but I have them as a 1-3 point dog almost 75% of the time, so there was now value for me at +5.

Good analogy, and you would easily be right...except now George Hill is out....go check out his stats in the last few games although im sure you already know.

cankid
    cankid's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10364

Improves Knicks chances a lot with Hill out but its always tough against a team like the Pacers that plays real good defense
    Points Awarded:

Untied gave cankid 25 SBR Point(s) for this post.

easyliving

only thing worrying me is during the regular season every time a team was missing a major player they would end up winning. Hopefully this isn't another one of these situations.

ROYAJA8
    ROYAJA8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 257

No Hill is going to be big for NY, they will win by double digits

amrit
    amrit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1613

^^ exactly easyliving. This happened to me on countless occasions haha.

ROYAJA8
    ROYAJA8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 257

only thing worrying me is during the regular season every time a team was missing a major player they would end up winning. Hopefully this isn't another one of these situations.
    That is true sometimes hopefully not today though. I remember I was in Vegas and went huge on Knicks when they played miami with no Lebron, Wade, Bosh and were down wouble digits in the 3rd quarter but finished off strong and won me my money.

easyliving

Quote Originally Posted by ROYAJA8 View Post
    That is true sometimes hopefully not today though. I remember I was in Vegas and went huge on Knicks when they played miami with no Lebron, Wade, Bosh and were down wouble digits in the 3rd quarter but finished off strong and won me my money.
    I also remember losing a ton when Knicks beat Miami without Melo

Pick'nParlays
    My Wifi Name is PrettyFly4aWifi
    Pick'nParlays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 738

pacers

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

line didnt budge, my moneyline actually went down on knicks. alot of late bets came in on new york and line didnt move. scary... i think pacers is the play now

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by amolg24 View Post
    Good analogy, and you would easily be right...except now George Hill is out....go check out his stats in the last few games although im sure you already know.
    Correct. But I'm stuck with my bet so i'll ride it out. Being that I'm at work and they tend to frown upon me placing bets here, I'll just ride it out.

First 123 Last