itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

Going large on my Braves vs D-backs tonight...mistake?

Hell no it's not a mistake, gonna ride Huddy to the victory and cash this one boys

Going in for $3,000 in this spot. Tempted to take the RL for a little smaller but the pen has been iffy a little since the Mets series. And its on the road so staying with the ML.

Bring it home Tim!

v0dka
    v0dka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 546

Good luck!

zilchy
    zilchy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1256

I like it. What's wrong with taking RL or RRL on the road though? I always thought it was safer than doing so at home.

jayson311
    jayson311's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 354

Mistake!!!! Look for happy Kane posts. System hit well this week

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly
    Dollars2Donuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 589

Quote Originally Posted by itchypickle View Post
    Hell no it's not a mistake, gonna ride Huddy to the victory and cash this one boys

Going in for $3,000 in this spot. Tempted to take the RL for a little smaller but the pen has been iffy a little since the Mets series. And its on the road so staying with the ML.

Bring it home Tim!
    That's a very large bet in a game where I see little value. Kennedy pitched better his last outing, Hudson may have a let down after winning his 200th, their ERA's are basically identical, both teams aren't scoring runs AND this is in Arizona....

I am not saying I hate your bet....all I am saying is that there are way better spots out there than this. GL and I hope you cash what I believe is a flip.

Cheers

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

Quote Originally Posted by zilchy View Post
    I like it. What's wrong with taking RL or RRL on the road though? I always thought it was safer than doing so at home.
    I know its a 9-5 Home and 13-12 road record so far for Atlanta and about a 50/50 crap shoot for Arizona's record but just worried about a late run in the 9th...you know the typical allowing a baserunner to steal when up 2 or so and 2 outs yada yada yada.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

Quote Originally Posted by Dollars2Donuts View Post
    That's a very large bet in a game where I see little value. Kennedy pitched better his last outing, Hudson may have a let down after winning his 200th, their ERA's are basically identical, both teams aren't scoring runs AND this is in Arizona....

I am not saying I hate your bet....all I am saying is that there are way better spots out there than this. GL and I hope you cash what I believe is a flip.

Cheers
    I make 3 larger than $1500/$2000 a year at most, once in football and two in baseball usually. All are coin flips on paper agreed but over the last 2 years I'm 4-1 and this will be the last for awhile.

I'm not going back to link the plays but there are a few on here who can vouch that kept me sane when the games were ongoing and close. The SBR moral support always gets it over the fence for the win.

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly

Quote Originally Posted by itchypickle View Post
    I make 3 larger than $1500/$2000 a year at most, once in football and two in baseball usually. All are coin flips on paper agreed but over the last 2 years I'm 4-1 and this will be the last for awhile.

I'm not going back to link the plays but there are a few on here who can vouch that kept me sane when the games were ongoing and close. The SBR moral support always gets it over the fence for the win.
    Awesome! All the best then...I hope you kill it!

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

seems like this is the Braves 100th straight game on the road

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    seems like this is the Braves 100th straight game on the road

Hell yeah it does.

And remember this name, Alex Wood. Kid is with the baby Braves in Mississippi and just set a record, 32 straight innings pitched without and earned run. He'll be up in the big boy league soon, not sure why he hasn't yet.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

just curious why you picked this game in particular to go big?

and yes i do have a unit on atl but not risking more than that.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    just curious why you picked this game in particular to go big?

and yes i do have a unit on atl but not risking more than that.
    A mix of stats as well as just following the team as closely as I do. Huddy is even better in day games...even with the series at 1-1 now the D Backs haven't scored really in either. Top of Atlantas rotation coming up and the bats were quiet yesterday but look for them to only need maybe 4 today to get the win. Add that to the other routine stats to cap from and give me the -110 line I am all over it.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

ok gl to us.

EASports
    EASports's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Ian Kennedy isn't much of anything, and Gibson can turn a win into a loss like no manger in the hisotry of the league. GL

CappinTerp
    CappinTerp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

Braves prob. the side................but no reason to go large, it's a long,long season..........gl

SportGTI
    Update your status
    SportGTI's Avatar Become A Pro!

For the stats people out there, both Hudson and Kennedy have excellent numbers against the opposition:

Hudson is something like 7 - 0 with an ERA in the 1.3's against the Dbacks
    Kennedy is 1 - 0 in 3 starts having pitched into the 7th inning in all three outings.

Seems like Kennedy pitches well but does not get the support against the Braves. Love Hudson and the Braves in this match up. I would love to back your 3k bet with my own 3k bet, but I'll probably go a bit smaller depending on how the early games shape up for me.

BOL and go Braves

ses_d
    ses_d's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5040

I'm backing the Braves...but every time I back then they seem to lay a goose egg. Lets break that streak today!

alamo
    Why R.E.M. and not The Go-Betweens
    alamo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10890

Taking the under. This one will be a defense battle.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

Upton shoulda had that one...pissin off the Pickle!

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

Someone link a sound bite of Homer Simpson saying "dooohhhh"

thes0vereign
    Don't bet with your heart.
    thes0vereign's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

Points Awarded:

itchypickle gave thes0vereign 5 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly

Sorry man....just so many spots out there better than that one. I am certain it was still 50-50, not a terrible bet or anything, but for a major outlay of cash.....anyway, dont want to run it in.....

GL next time

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

Quote Originally Posted by Dollars2Donuts View Post
    Sorry man....just so many spots out there better than that one. I am certain it was still 50-50, not a terrible bet or anything, but for a major outlay of cash.....anyway, dont want to run it in.....

GL next time
    Taking today and tomorrow off to vent about it then back to the weekend cards

That D Back 1B was in my dreams last night with all of those stabs he made taking away hits....as well as the fact that we left 9 runners on base....get em next time.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Is Hudson done? BJ Upton is the worst hitter in baseball right now. Schafer is playing so much better right now. Amazing the Braves have so many problems and are still in first. They've played 26 road games and 14 home games, which is kind of stupid...no other team has that kind of split in their schedule right now.