You mad bro
    You mad bro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -23

is it possible to fade madison bumgarner tonight?

the phillies absolutely suck .. madison is more than great at home for his career ..

cliff lee is awesome and is 4-0 in 5 starts vs san fran.....but he also has those horrid bats backing him up .. is philly at +130 even worth it?

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

No not possible

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

under

tatddy
    tatddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 608

Sure

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

sure lee has great history vs sf but he hasnt exactly been lights out and gotta figure he be lucky to get 3 runs of support tonight..no thanx

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32424

Quote Originally Posted by You mad bro View Post
    the phillies absolutely suck .. madison is more than great at home for his career ..

cliff lee is awesome and is 4-0 in 5 starts vs san fran.....but he also has those horrid bats backing him up .. is philly at +130 even worth it?
    SF is my other play tonight.
    Love the Giants in this spot myself.
    Cash it !

Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14476

Giants from this cracker.

You mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    SF is my other play tonight.
    Love the Giants in this spot myself.
    Cash it !
    dooo ittt

You mad bro

cant even take san fran -1.5 here .. his last 3 starts he has gotten a no decision in all 3 while san fran winning by 1 run in all of those games

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

cant even take san fran -1.5 here .. his last 3 starts he has gotten a no decision in all 3 while san fran winning by 1 run in all of those games
    damn shame philly tt under is juiced out of this world..

k4cowboys4k
    k4cowboys4k's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Philly +130 is a great bet

ses_d
    ses_d's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5040

Why is Bumgarner only -140 at home. Phillys suck...

forthewin
    forthewin's Avatar Become A Pro!

Based on recent performance and team records by no means should Bumgarner be faded, but there has also been a ton of upsets by gas cans and cold bats that rose to the occasion against the better team. It's definitely a let down spot for Bumgarner and the Giants. Cliff Lee still is capable of a shut down performance in any given game, regardless of recent his recent play. Even, still at this point Cliff Lee and the Phillies have not done enough to be backed against a hot team. Maybe a small play for value on Lee, but I lean more towards Giants or no play.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32424

Quote Originally Posted by k4cowboys4k View Post
    Philly +130 is a great bet
    Philly is never a great bet

k4cowboys4k
    k4cowboys4k's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Philly is never a great bet
    It is in this situation with this value

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10380

Giants with another winner in the bottom of the ninth.

Ratpack
    Ratpack's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1789

lee has a 21 inning scoreless streak vs the giants books still believe in him thats why the line is so low, plus the giants just swept their rivals and are due for a let down spot here so this game will probably be a tossup no play

ses_d
    ses_d's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5040

Unreal...these penetrating Phillies can't hit against the Marlins and pound Bumgarner. But I gotta say, Bumgarner looking bad....Giants looking half asleep too.

tatddy

Quote Originally Posted by tatddy View Post
    Sure
    Regardless of what happens in this game for future reference this is the most enthusiastic argument I'll ever give to bet against my team.

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10380

Nice call on the Snakes...

You mad bro

lol guess it was a good night to fade him tonight

forthewin
    forthewin's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yup...What do ya know Lee pitches as gem, the Phillies bats come to life an bomb Bumgarner, and the red hot Giants bats hit like the Phillies and go cold.

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

crazy enough the team with the better pitcher and the better hitters actually showed up and won last night.. crazy how rare that seems to be in baseball

You mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by dlunc3 View Post
    crazy enough the team with the better pitcher and the better hitters actually showed up and won last night.. crazy how rare that seems to be in baseball
    to you are saying you would take the phillies lineup over the giants lineup ? LOL

and you are saying you would take cliff lee over bumgarner? most managers would take madison for 2 reasons .. 1 is because of his age and 2 he is arguably the best lefty pitcher in baseball next to kershaw .. you really have no idea about sports

dlunc3

For this season or for 1 game? Absolutely lee over bum... Obviously long term bum over lee bc of his age.. But for the present time, lee all day.

And yes no doubt.. Go down the giants lineup along side of the philly lineup.. I'm taking more Philly players man for man. The way the all gel as a team is one thing (ask the angels), but man for man absolutely I'm going the Phills

You mad bro

For this season or for 1 game? Absolutely lee over bum... Obviously long term bum over lee bc of his age.. But for the present time, lee all day.

And yes no doubt.. Go down the giants lineup along side of the philly lineup.. I'm taking more Philly players man for man. The way the all gel as a team is one thing (ask the angels), but man for man absolutely I'm going the Phills
    phillies offense is horrible bro

dlunc3

i know you are a genius and all, and know more then espn and bleacher report.. but they must be as stupid as me..

http://sports.espn.go.com/fantasy/ba...=2013_ranks_SP

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...tcher-rankings

tatddy

Dlunc I'm not sure what you're looking at but it's pretty easy to compare both offenses.

Runs scored 2012

PHI 684
    SF 718

Runs scored 2013

PHI 119
    SF 142

SF has the better pitching, pen, and manager. It's not really close and not really even relevant to the thread at all.

To that end, I liked PHI to win yesterday but it had nothing to do with any of this.

dlunc3

phillies offense is horrible bro
    noone is saying anything about their offense as a whole right now.. bc absolutely they have been playing bad baseball..

but lets hear it.. man for man, who do you take on the giants over then the phills? pence over delmon, posey over ruiz, pagan over revere... who else?? maybe pablo over young? maybe?-- probably could go either way..
    other then that, im taking howard, utley, rollins and brown... which as a whole, makes the phills lineup man for man better then sf to go along with the better pitcher in cliff lee last night... the way they are currently performing on the field as a team is one thing.. but man for man it really isnt a question..

and please dont give me stats from this yr unless you also wanna claim you would take the mets offense over the angels

dlunc3

Dlunc I'm not sure what you're looking at but it's pretty easy to compare both offenses.

Runs scored 2012

PHI 684
    SF 718

Runs scored 2013

PHI 119
    SF 142

SF has the better pitching, pen, and manager. It's not really close and not really even relevant to the thread at all.

To that end, I liked PHI to win yesterday but it had nothing to do with any of this.
    are you really going to give me stats from 2012 when howard and utely were basically out for the year or stats after 30 games in 2013? man for man, the philly bats are better then the sf bats.. no question about it..

and noone was talking about the pitching staff, pen, or manager.. no doubt sf has the better manager and better pen as a whole.. philly as a better 7th/8th/9th inning guys, but no depth after that.. but the starting staff, i could see arguements either way... regardless, this argument is about man for man bats and lee vs bum

tatddy

are you really going to give me stats from 2012 when howard and utely were basically out for the year or stats after 30 games in 2013? man for man, the philly bats are better then the sf bats.. no question about it..

and noone was talking about the pitching staff, pen, or manager.. no doubt sf has the better manager and better pen as a whole.. philly as a better 7th/8th/9th inning guys, but no depth after that.. but the starting staff, i could see arguements either way... regardless, this argument is about man for man bats and lee vs bum
    Considering the heart of the PHI order is 34, 34, 36, and 33 years old I'd say the odds of all of them playing at peak healthy form all year are slim and none.

dlunc3

Considering the heart of the PHI order is 34, 34, 36, and 33 years old I'd say the odds of all of them playing at peak healthy form all year are slim and none.
    you are 100% correct.. but again, irrelevant... this discussion was comparing the line ups right now (healthy) and lee vs bum... not who i would take on my team to build a long term franchise around.. obviously the answer to that would be sf

tatddy

you are 100% correct.. but again, irrelevant... this discussion was comparing the line ups right now (healthy) and lee vs bum... not who i would take on my team to build a long term franchise around.. obviously the answer to that would be sf
    So your point is you'll take PHI over SF every Lee vs Bum matchup at true odds if they played 100 times in their current state with rested healthy teams? I'd book those for you. Again last night was a great spot to great PHI but not for these reasons.

Anyway no point in arguing this. Good luck with your bets today.

dlunc3

my point is that philly has better bats (when healthy) currently and would take cliff over bum (right now)... obviously this team is struggling right now, just as lad, laa, tor, ect are.. there is a big difference between individual talent and how that talent actually plays out on the field.. like i said in my original post-- "the team with the better hitters and the better pitcher actually showed up and won last night... crazy how rare that seems to be in baseball". Man for man, I think you agree that you would take the philly bats over the sf bats all day every day in their current healthy state.. same with cliff over bum