black hogs r a myth. and I cap girth over length. so big country all day

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Quote Originally Posted by Sacrelicious View Post
    Jon Jones annnnd...

Kongo?
    No.

Jim Miller, Sara McMann, and Roy Nelson five times.

Sacrelicious
    Sacrelicious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1223

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    We should get that Nick Papageorgio guy in here. I told him Pat Curran would beat Shamhalaev 90% of the time, and he said it was a 50/50 fight and called me a moron. Curran chokes him out in two minutes, and Papageorgio tells me "it was a fluke. Shamhalaev wins that fight five out of ten times, 90% of the time." Was like something out of Anchorman. Can't make this shit up.
    I did not see that fight going the way it did, honestly. I figured Curran would counter box him from a distance and use some wrestling, maaaaaybe grind out a decision, more then likely finish ITD, but I did not expect it to go the way it did. Frodo looked great against cans, after watching this season of Bellator closely, the hype train was unreal, can not wait for next season.

Sacrelicious

Quote Originally Posted by getlucky2win View Post
    black hogs r a myth. and I cap girth over length. so big country all day
    Grith? Guarantee you Chael is close to BC, you can tell by his shoulders.

Sacrelicious

No.

Jim Miller, Sara McMann, and Roy Nelson five times.
    I think we are making a fundamental error here. While Roy Nelson might look to have the biggest hog in existence, I guarantee you at least 60 percent of its girth and length is foreskin.

MD

I did not see that fight going the way it did, honestly. I figured Curran would counter box him from a distance and use some wrestling, maaaaaybe grind out a decision, more then likely finish ITD, but I did not expect it to go the way it did. Frodo looked great against cans, after watching this season of Bellator closely, the hype train was unreal, can not wait for next season.
    The days of people underestimating Curran are probably over. He'll be -300 at least against Strauss. Honestly, the only guys in the world who can make 145 who can beat him are Edgar, Aldo and Mendes. I'd favour him against Mendes, 'cap him at +180 against Aldo, and split it 50-50 against Edgar. Edgar's so fast and he doesn't fade, he's such a tough fight for Curran. Curran's so long and strong, though, that I could see it going a lot like the first Bendo fight. Oh and Pettis, that'd be a good fight.

There're a couple of fringe guys who can give him a lot of trouble, like Koch. Koch is a monster.

getlucky2win
    faded
    getlucky2win's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1796

yup hog analysis isn't ez. that's why only the real cappers spend time on it

Sacrelicious

The days of people underestimating Curran are probably over. He'll be -300 at least against Strauss. Honestly, the only guys in the world who can make 145 who can beat him are Edgar, Aldo and Mendes. I'd favour him against Mendes, 'cap him at +180 against Aldo, and split it 50-50 against Edgar. Edgar's so fast and he doesn't fade, he's such a tough fight for Curran. Curran's so long and strong, though, that I could see it going a lot like the first Bendo fight. Oh and Pettis, that'd be a good fight.

There're a couple of fringe guys who can give him a lot of trouble, like Koch. Koch is a monster.
    Yeah I'm curious to see what he will do, stay in Bellator and annihilate the competition or come to UFC and, quite possibly, annihilate the competition. Uncle Bjorn does not like people jumping ship, its a shame, I figure it will happen sooner or later, the guy is still really young.

Speaking of Pettis, what are your odds of him beating Aldo? I give it about -130.

Sacrelicious

As for underestimating him, I dunno.

I fell for the bait with Awad, wait until someone wins 3 fights in 3 months and looks really impressive demolishing cans, who knows what the public will bet on.

Of course, I'm speaking of public sentiment here.

MD

Yeah I'm curious to see what he will do, stay in Bellator and annihilate the competition or come to UFC and, quite possibly, annihilate the competition. Uncle Bjorn does not like people jumping ship, its a shame, I figure it will happen sooner or later, the guy is still really young.

Speaking of Pettis, what are your odds of him beating Aldo? I give it about -130.
    Aldo -300.

getlucky2win
    faded
    getlucky2win's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1796

can pettis make 145 easily? I favor aldo -160ish. haven't broke it down yet

MD

Weight cut won't hurt Pettis much, I'm pretty sure.

Sacrelicious

Aldo -300.
    Unreal. We will see what happens.

Sacrelicious

Weight cut should not be an issue.

MD

Unreal. We will see what happens.
    The fact that this is the worst possible matchup for Aldo has blinded people to the fact that this is the worst possible matchup for Pettis.

hobbesITD
    hobbesITD's Avatar Become A Pro!

The fact that this is the worst possible matchup for Aldo has blinded people to the fact that this is the worst possible matchup for Pettis.
    I haven't checked in a long time but I'm pretty sure Aldo isn't a long-haired shaggy wrestler from Illinois.

Sacrelicious

I'll send you a PM.

MD

Quote Originally Posted by hobbesITD View Post
    I haven't checked in a long time but I'm pretty sure Aldo isn't a long-haired shaggy wrestler from Illinois.
    Aldo is a better technical MMA wrestler than Guida.

Sacrelicious

I'll send you a PM.
    Actually, let me restate that, I'll send you a PM in a few days after I finish watching tape... I got a few days off and nothing better to do.

Sacrelicious

Suppose Aldo wins and moves up to LW, what do you cap him at with Bendo?

I'm leaning towards the -500 range myself.

PunisherIND
    myles jewry
    PunisherIND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9625

math is a tough nut to crack. I only put my unit at risk when the rubber busts and I dnt hav a backup

hobbesITD

Aldo is a better technical MMA wrestler than Guida.
    This is an obvious statement because of all the elite wrestlers Aldo has taken down such as:

MD

Suppose Aldo wins and moves up to LW, what do you cap him at with Bendo?

I'm leaning towards the -500 range myself.
    Bendo -300. All he has to do is avoid getting KO'd and he wins. He doesn't even have to do anything. He just backed away and let Melendez throw punches at him in round five and one judge still​ gave him the round.

MD

This is an obvious statement because of all the elite wrestlers Aldo has taken down such as:
    Chuck Liddell.

You lose.

Sacrelicious

Bendo -300. All he has to do is avoid getting KO'd and he wins. He doesn't even have to do anything. He just backed away and let Melendez throw punches at him in round five and one judge still​ gave him the round.
    After the last fight, which I will state again, was not a "robbery" per se, but was still a poor decision,

And the guy's other poor decisions vs Edgar,

I've come to realize that most judges are so stupid that they will legitimately score poorly timed and multiple kicks just because they are more "flashy".

hobbesITD

Chuck Liddell.
    Was a D1 wrestler?

Pretty sure Chuck Liddell would beat Pettis, too

MD

Was a D1 wrestler?

I'm pretty sure Chuck Liddell would beat Pettis, too
    An excellent technical wrestler who doesn't take many people down.

Is this the part where I say "so you're saying that the measure of an MMA wrestler is how often they choose to take opponents down, rather than their actual MMA wrestling technique?", and you say "no, that's not what I'm saying", and I say "that's exactly what you said."?

hobbesITD

Is this the part where I say "so you're saying that the measure of an MMA wrestler is how often they choose to take opponents down, rather than their actual MMA wrestling technique?", and you say "no, that's not what I'm saying", and I say "that's exactly what you said."?
    I'm saying Guida is a better wrestler than Aldo based on, you know, his fights and pedigree and what not.

Your saying Aldo is a better wrestler than Guida because "Chuck Lidell"

MD

I'm saying Guida is a better wrestler than Aldo based on, you know, his fights and pedigree and what not.

Your saying Aldo is a better wrestler than Guida because "Chuck Lidell"
    Chuck Liddell is an excellent technical wrestler who shot for very, very few takedowns throughout his career. See where I'm going with this?

Sacrelicious

Did you watch/listen to that recent *cringe* Joe Rogan podcast with GSP?

He was talking on there about how his entire "wrestling" technique and his ability to take people down was actually based around his karate training, because in order to engage an opponent in that discipline they had to be able to shoot and lunge to close distance with lightning speed.

Sacrelicious

DC vs Frank Mir, its recent in memory, at least.

MD

Did you watch/listen to that recent *cringe* Joe Rogan podcast with GSP?

He was talking on there about how his entire "wrestling" technique and his ability to take people down was actually based around his karate training, because in order to engage an opponent in that discipline they had to be able to shoot and lunge to close distance with lightning speed.
    Not yet. Planning on watching it in the next few days, after I finish with my work for the Saturday card.

hobbesITD

Chuck Liddell is an excellent technical wrestler who shot for very, very few takedowns throughout his career. See where I'm going with this?
    I see where your going with it. But typically when comparing two fighters it helps to actually compare those two fighters and their accomplishments rather than smugly comparing them to a retired hall of famer.

MD

I see where your going with it. But typically when comparing two fighters it helps to actually compare those two fighters and their accomplishments rather than smugly comparing them to a retired hall of famer.
    As opposed to using faulty logic to discredit the wrestling of one of the fighters?

If you want to think Guida's a superior wrestler to Aldo, go ahead, but your previous posts on this forum tell me you're more than intelligent enough to know that the line of thinking you presented isn't accurate.

hobbesITD

As opposed to using faulty logic to discredit the wrestling of one of the fighters?

If you want to think Guida's a superior wrestler to Aldo, go ahead, but your previous posts on this forum tell me you're more than intelligent enough to know that the line of thinking you presented isn't accurate.
    I was being facetious. Still, look through the trees for the forest.

There are lots of reasons to believe Guida is a better wrestler than Aldo.

First 123 Last