Pat McCrotch
    Update your status
    Pat McCrotch's Avatar Become A Pro!

Was talking to a friend last night about gambling, He has been betting on MLB, NHL and NBA over the past year or so.

He does not watch any of these matches and only really knows the top guys in each sport, Lebron etc....

He makes his picks by comparing stats on scores and odds, espn leaders stats and mlb.com.

He has a 58% record in MLB, 60% in NBA but has been killed in the NHL. He is up around $4000 in NBA and MLB but down roughly $2000 in NHL.

He says MLB is the best to cap and says NHL is a pure lottery.

Does anyone think

A. He can contine this as stats are very important when capping.
    B. This is luck and cant continue long term.

To be honest Im jelous as fukk because I dont do as well as him and I watch games every day.

smoke a bowl
    smoke a bowl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14472

Quote Originally Posted by Pat McCrotch View Post
    Was talking to a friend last night about gambling, He has been betting on MLB, NHL and NBA over the past year or so.

He does not watch any of these matches and only really knows the top guys in each sport, Lebron etc....

He makes his picks by comparing stats on scores and odds, espn leaders stats and mlb.com.

He has a 58% record in MLB, 60% in NBA but has been killed in the NHL. He is up around $4000 in NBA and MLB but down roughly $2000 in NHL.

He says MLB is the best to cap and says NHL is a pure lottery.

Does anyone think

A. He can contine this as stats are very important when capping.
    B. This is luck and cant continue long term.

To be honest Im jelous as fukk because I dont do as well as him and I watch games every day.
    It can be done if he is using the stats in a logical way to predict future results but my guess is he is less than 5% to be doing so correctly.

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

1.Yes

2.Yes

Frisco
    Frisco's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hard to imagine anyone maintaining 60% ats in the NBA.

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm

Quote Originally Posted by Frisco View Post
    Hard to imagine anyone maintaining 60% ats in the NBA.
    Knew a guy in Vegas who was 65% ats in NBA......was very selective only played like 8-14 plays a week

Pat McCrotch
    Update your status
    Pat McCrotch's Avatar Become A Pro!

He plays 5-14 plays a day across all the sports, he has had something like 70 winning days out of 83 or sonething like that.

Only very small stakes but I was fukking surprised when he showed me his account history.

boeing power
    boeing power's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

If capping using only stats was successful long term the books would not be in business.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

the first step to getting "a friend" to go tout

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1842

Quote Originally Posted by boeing power View Post
    If capping using only stats was successful long term the books would not be in business.
    Most books cut off winners, steam chasers, sharps, etc.

Either way, only 1-2% will be successful doing it so meaningless in the big picture for the books.

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm

Quote Originally Posted by boeing power View Post
    Not true

Best cappers are wall street guys who use stats all day. Take stats and make oscillators and candlesticks charts. Make money hand over fist....guys do it for fun because of limits.

Why you think the wall street guys want the private equity betting to pass in Vegas.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1842

Just take a look at most contests with big enough samples. You'll have like 5 people out of 500 hitting 60%.

Once you go to really big samples like picking every game in the NFL/CFB. ZERO people hit 60%