Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Wasteland for cerebral maxi bet wager discussion

Grabaka
    Update your status
    Grabaka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4034

Quote Originally Posted by Educ8d Degener8 View Post
    Can we take the childish semantics battle to its own thread?

Back on topic - Bigday's juiced up mega lock.
    If Hall loses this will be the time they get most pissed! penetrating blood is gonna run.

Grabaka
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Wasteland for cerebral maxi bet wager discussion
    Saloon Bigday V!

FindTheLock
    FindTheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

<small>The Ultimate Fighter 17 Finale - Middleweight 3 rounds - Mandalay Bay Events Center - Las Vegas, Nevada - FX</small>
    Sat 4/13 1101 Uriah Hall <input id="editx" name="M1_1" size="4" maxlength="5" style="font-size: 1em; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);"> -385 <input id="editx" name="L1_1" size="4" maxlength="5" style="font-size: 1em; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);"> o2½ +155
    10:30PM 1102 Kelvin Gastelum <input id="editx" name="M2_1" size="4" maxlength="5" style="font-size: 1em; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);"> +295 <input id="editx" name="L2_1" size="4" maxlength="5" style="font-size: 1em; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);"> u2½ -195

Sorry guys. I went ahead and put MD on ignore. I will be praying he seeks help about his condition. Just remember there is always a light at the end of the tunnel if you follow all the steps MD. Excellent bet bigday, and best of luck to you.

freeVICK
    freeVICK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6513

even dana white is all over uriah's nuts. Said hall might be the best TUF contestant ever

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...-ever/2072623/

Wanna Bet On It?
    Hog or pass
    Wanna Bet On It?'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5734

Quote Originally Posted by freeVICK View Post
    even dana white is all over uriah's nuts. Said hall might be the best TUF contestant ever

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...-ever/2072623/
    Wow. Dana White said that? Then it must be true.

Hall is now arguably the #1 TUF contestant all-time alongside 'the next GSP', Phillipe Nover... who subsequently went 0-3 in the UFC.

If Dana was an MMA bettor he would not be who Nick Kalikas is referring to when he talks about "sharps".

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Quote Originally Posted by Wanna Bet On It? View Post

Hall is now arguably the #1 TUF contestant all-time alongside 'the next GSP', Phillipe Nover... who subsequently went 0-3 in the UFC.

If Dana was an MMA bettor he would not be who Nick Kalikas is referring to when he talks about "sharps".
    Did anyone see the Uriah vs Philippou fight? From what I've been told of it, it consisted of Uriah with a 7" reach edge being abused on the feet and shooting for takedowns. Confirmation?

Wanna Bet On It?
    Hog or pass

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    Did anyone see the Uriah vs Philippou fight? From what I've been told of it, it consisted of Uriah with a 7" reach edge being abused on the feet and shooting for takedowns. Confirmation?
    Haven't seen it. Not sure there's tape on it but I'd like to see it if there's footage circulating.

Philippou's a stud boxer though - been cashing in on the Cypress warrior at +money every fight since Riviera - pretty sure that's why their banking system went belly up :P

Dana is the sh*ttiest MMA critic around. He just states the most obvious sh*t that would even make Gunshard blush: "Uriah Hall is nasty. He can knock guys out".

It's no shame getting outclassed by Philippou & Weidman... except when you're being hyped by Chael as the guy to knock off Anderson Silva.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Pretty sure Nover was the next "Anderson Silva." A cerebral hog analyst would know such things

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

It actually took a pretty long time for the lines to move, especially considering you said you bet five units on it. Even $100 will move almost any 5D MMA lines when they open.
    No, it won't, jesus christ.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: El Nino

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

Quote Originally Posted by Educ8d Degener8 View Post
    How long since the taping ended and what camps have these lads been training with.... Someone google it for me.
    Ask and ye shall receive:

http://bit.ly/17usQfw

Top link seems the most informative.

fitguy67
    blessed be the cheesemakers
    fitguy67's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3358

Quote Originally Posted by Sacrelicious View Post
    If Kelvin hits +300, which I think he might, I will bet a half unit on him, otherwise, no plays here.

I can't bet on Urijah at these odds.
    d'accord, mon frere...

nearing the "trigger price" as we speak...

visualrealism
    visualrealism's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 684

Risking 355 To Win 100 USD

Wanna Bet On It?
    Hog or pass

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
    Pretty sure Nover was the next "Anderson Silva." A cerebral hog analyst would know such things
    Wikipedia says otherwise. (Even though I vaguely remember Dana comparing him to Anderson in a promo soundbyte) it's the most trusted source for a cerebral hog analyst, superceding memory.
    Last edited by Wanna Bet On It?; 04-12-13 at 07:12 AM.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

No longer the next Anderson Silva, Phillipe Nover returns to the cage

by Jason Kelly on August 16, 2011 6:00:42 PM in Features, Fighter Features | 2 Comments »

Nover is set for his MMA return
    Phillipe Nover was labeled as the next Anderson Silva before he ever had his first UFC bout.
    He wanted to be known as somebody else.
    Nover competed on the eighth season of The Ultimate Fighter, and lost to Efrain Escudero in the finals. Nover dropped his next two fights in the Octagon and found himself out of the UFC.
    After competing only in a Muay Thai match since his release from the UFC, Nover is making his return to MMA on Saturday at HFC 8 in Valparaiso, Ind. The Brooklyn native is scheduled to scrap Jake Murphy in the co-main event.
    Nover has taken the time away from MMA to rebuild his career and life.
    “I had no income coming in, so I had to fall back on my nursing,” Nover explained to Hector Castro and Tim O’Connor on White Belt Radio on the MMA DieHards Radio Network. “I scored a really good job and I had an injury that healed up and now I’m back. I’ve been training for the last seven or eight months.
    “I had one (Muay Thai) fight a couple of months ago … but this will definitely be my first (MMA) fight back since 2010.”
    In the last 18 months Nover focused on making optimistic adjustments to his training and personal life. He felt he needed to switch
    up things in the gym to become a better mixed martial artist.
    He has noticed the improvements. Now Nover is awaiting his return to the sport and he believes his UFC experiences will assist him in claiming a victory in his upcoming fight.
    Landing a new job was just one of the many changes that Phillipe Nover had to make in his break from MMA.
    “I have changed a lot in the last year-and-a-half,” Nover stated. “I changed a lot on who I train with and my philosophy for fighting. I learned a lot of things. I train a lot smarter now and I feel things coming along faster. I’m picking things up faster and my life is just a lot more positive now.
    “I just can’t wait to do it. I don’t feel any anxiety. I’ve fought in the big shows already and I was in the limelight for a couple of months and I just can’t wait to get back. I fought on the big stage already, so I think that is an advantage. Everyone has a little bit of jitters, but this is nothing compared to fighting in front of 20,000 people.”
    A smaller show will satiate Nover for the time being, but he vows a return to the UFC.
    He takes a lesson from his losses in the Octagon. Nover will not try to do too much too soon in his comeback.
    “The UFC is the Olympics of MMA,” Nover said. “You have to really be on your game to fight there. You cannot have any errors when you fight. Everything has to be so precise to be at that level. I wasn’t on that level, but I’m going towards that level. I personally don’t think I belong in the UFC right now.
    “Talk to me a few fights down the road and I think I’ll be ready. I had to change things in my personal life and in my training. Those changes have been made and I feel I’m getting better and better.”
    When Nover entered the TUF fighter house UFC president Dana White labeled him the next Anderson Silva. Nover knew right away the characterization created near impossible expectations.
    “It definitely added some pressure, but as a fighter there’s all kinds of pressure you have to deal with,” Nover admitted. “You just have to deal with it. Dana White could’ve said ‘I think this Philippe Nover kid is awful and I never want him to fight for us,’ or something like that and I would just have to deal with it. I have a lot of hate-fans, too. And I have good fans. I felt the pressure being at that level and those are big shoes to fill, so there was some anxiety there. But in the last few years I did mature.
    “It’s not that I’m trying to become the next Anderson Silva or the next GSP, I just want to be the next Phillipe Nover.”
    He wanted to be known as somebody else. Himself.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: El Nino

Rubber Guard
    Rubber Guard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5152

No, basically, Lock said that BIGDAY beat the closing line, I said that the line has to close to beat the closer, then we started arguing like children. Then Rubber joined in, because he's butthurt all the time about an argument we had a few months back.
    Not really, considering Tex schooled him up to the tune of 30-27 beating him in all departments.

You are just full of yourself. Nunya knows some betting theory as well. He knows openers and closers. But he doesn't run around here arguing to the death on any and all subjects that come up. Do what you want, but damn get a life. Every post on here doesn't have to be argued over. You should make your own thread for pointless banter on the facts of the Paleo Diet. Or whether or not a line will close at a certain price. I have never seen someone walk around all day every day on a stupid online forum and pump out his chest.

Arguments on here are basically your life. It would just be cool if you didn't drag them into each and every thread.

Rubber Guard

I can't find this fight anywhere. I seem to find any other Uriah fight, but not this one.

MD

Quote Originally Posted by Rubber Guard View Post
    Not really, considering Tex schooled him up to the tune of 30-27 beating him in all departments.

You are just full of yourself. Nunya knows some betting theory as well. He knows openers and closers. But he doesn't run around here arguing to the death on any and all subjects that come up. Do what you want, but damn get a life. Every post on here doesn't have to be argued over. You should make your own thread for pointless banter on the facts of the Paleo Diet. Or whether or not a line will close at a certain price. I have never seen someone walk around all day every day on a stupid online forum and pump out his chest.

Arguments on here are basically your life. It would just be cool if you didn't drag them into each and every thread.
    You say that, but then you follow me around threads, actively making attempts to start arguments with me, because you're upset about an argument we had a while back.

I'm just going to stop replying to you entirely unless it's something actually worth discussing. You have the sandiest vagina in the history of sandy vaginas, and for all of your talk of arguments on here being my "life", you sure do follow me around and bitch a lot to try to start them. You're so unbelievably offended and upset by an argument that we had on an internet forum that you start arguments whenever you can, and even try to mock me in my thread when I have losing nights. When I start 0-5, you'll give me shit, but when I then turn it around and finish positive, you're nowhere to be found. Petty. Best of luck with that Rubberbruhv, I'll still reply if you ask me for fight analysis or you want to discuss something that isn't dick-like, but other than that, you pretty much don't exist to me.

Wanna Bet On It?
    Hog or pass

No longer the next Anderson Silva, Phillipe Nover returns to the cage

by Jason Kelly on August 16, 2011 6:00:42 PM in Features, Fighter Features | 2 Comments »

Nover is set for his MMA return
    Phillipe Nover was labeled as the next Anderson Silva before he ever had his first UFC bout.
    He wanted to be known as somebody else.
    Nover competed on the eighth season of The Ultimate Fighter, and lost to Efrain Escudero in the finals. Nover dropped his next two fights in the Octagon and found himself out of the UFC.
    After competing only in a Muay Thai match since his release from the UFC, Nover is making his return to MMA on Saturday at HFC 8 in Valparaiso, Ind. The Brooklyn native is scheduled to scrap Jake Murphy in the co-main event.
    Nover has taken the time away from MMA to rebuild his career and life.
    “I had no income coming in, so I had to fall back on my nursing,” Nover explained to Hector Castro and Tim O’Connor on White Belt Radio on the MMA DieHards Radio Network. “I scored a really good job and I had an injury that healed up and now I’m back. I’ve been training for the last seven or eight months.
    “I had one (Muay Thai) fight a couple of months ago … but this will definitely be my first (MMA) fight back since 2010.”
    In the last 18 months Nover focused on making optimistic adjustments to his training and personal life. He felt he needed to switch
    up things in the gym to become a better mixed martial artist.
    He has noticed the improvements. Now Nover is awaiting his return to the sport and he believes his UFC experiences will assist him in claiming a victory in his upcoming fight.
    Landing a new job was just one of the many changes that Phillipe Nover had to make in his break from MMA.
    “I have changed a lot in the last year-and-a-half,” Nover stated. “I changed a lot on who I train with and my philosophy for fighting. I learned a lot of things. I train a lot smarter now and I feel things coming along faster. I’m picking things up faster and my life is just a lot more positive now.
    “I just can’t wait to do it. I don’t feel any anxiety. I’ve fought in the big shows already and I was in the limelight for a couple of months and I just can’t wait to get back. I fought on the big stage already, so I think that is an advantage. Everyone has a little bit of jitters, but this is nothing compared to fighting in front of 20,000 people.”
    A smaller show will satiate Nover for the time being, but he vows a return to the UFC.
    He takes a lesson from his losses in the Octagon. Nover will not try to do too much too soon in his comeback.
    “The UFC is the Olympics of MMA,” Nover said. “You have to really be on your game to fight there. You cannot have any errors when you fight. Everything has to be so precise to be at that level. I wasn’t on that level, but I’m going towards that level. I personally don’t think I belong in the UFC right now.
    “Talk to me a few fights down the road and I think I’ll be ready. I had to change things in my personal life and in my training. Those changes have been made and I feel I’m getting better and better.”
    When Nover entered the TUF fighter house UFC president Dana White labeled him the next Anderson Silva. Nover knew right away the characterization created near impossible expectations.
    “It definitely added some pressure, but as a fighter there’s all kinds of pressure you have to deal with,” Nover admitted. “You just have to deal with it. Dana White could’ve said ‘I think this Philippe Nover kid is awful and I never want him to fight for us,’ or something like that and I would just have to deal with it. I have a lot of hate-fans, too. And I have good fans. I felt the pressure being at that level and those are big shoes to fill, so there was some anxiety there. But in the last few years I did mature.
    “It’s not that I’m trying to become the next Anderson Silva or the next GSP, I just want to be the next Phillipe Nover.”
    He wanted to be known as somebody else. Himself.
    So headlines and text with no quotes = quote?

MMA Junkie TUF detailed recap: http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2008/1...ra-vs-team-mir

White tells us that Phillipe reminds him of a young Georges St. Pierre.
    I vaguely recall the Anderson Silva reference too. Dana being Dana probably compared him to both superstars. Seems kinda childish what you're doing... sooo 2012.

Grabaka
    Update your status

He was well known as the next Anderson Silva. IDK if Dana said he was alike GSP but the quoote that was infamous was the anderson silva one.

Wanna Bet On It?
    Hog or pass

Arguing on the internet is -EV. Coincidentally, WB is on a nice +EV run in 2013.

Namaste

Rubber Guard

You say that, but then you follow me around threads, actively making attempts to start arguments with me, because you're upset about an argument we had a while back.
    It is a LOCK that I spend about 2% of the time on here you do. When I do come here it is you arguing like a teenager with every poster here. Telling everyone how to bet and genuinely getting frustrated when people who aren't using real good technique think they are good. Not only betting, you think you are the most knowledgeable person here on any subject that arises. Your know it all attitude is puke worthy. It is a goofy betting forum for focks sakes. You take it more serious than anyone here.

I have said well done in your threads after winning events more than a couple times.

Being here 2% of the time you are here hardly qualifies me as some stalker. You guys have full blown conversations of personalities of this forum. You guys go back and forth and know more about eachother lives than I ever will care to know. This place is like The View. Instead of a handful of old hags gossiping it is a handful of degenerate gamblers arguing over Paleo diets from 9am to midnight.

I come here to give and take analysis on certain fights. When I do I always run into your teenage girl arguments in any and every thread. Start your own thread. Let BigDay teach these boys how to cap in his own thread without you trying to get the last word on anyone that argues with you. Like I said, Nunya has knowledge on betting, most likely more than you. Yet he isn't running around in every thread being a little girl about it.

MD

Quote Originally Posted by Grabaka View Post
    He was well known as the next Anderson Silva. IDK if Dana said he was alike GSP but the quoote that was infamous was the anderson silva one.
    I think Dana said he reminded him of a young GSP. May be off with that though.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Wanna Bet On It?

rocky16
    rocky16's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

On Kelvin .5 unit +300. I question Halls wrestling and ground game. I think Kelvin can steal the 1st round with takedowns and tire Hall out. People sleeping on Kelvin. People overrating Hall. I'll play +300.

Grabaka
    Update your status

Phillipe Nover was kicking and subbing guys. How can he be alike GSP? was he hugging them to death?

Grabaka
    Update your status

Did he had amazing transitions from outside to inside the guard? NO

Grabaka
    Update your status

https://www.google.com.mx/search?q=p...ient=firefox-a

Well, aparently Dana (a true analyst) did call him the next GSP. But then proceeded to say “I was going off when I saw this guy,” White said. “He’s 24 and he’s destroying people. It’s sick how bad ass he is. I’m getting goose bumps talking to you about him.”

Makes no sense. GSP cant even finish a happy meal.

Big Nog did called him the next AS.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2008/12/0...s-phillipe-nov

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

So headlines and text with no quotes = quote?

MMA Junkie TUF detailed recap: http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2008/1...ra-vs-team-mir

I vaguely recall the Anderson Silva reference too. Dana being Dana probably compared him to both superstars. Seems kinda childish what you're doing... sooo 2012.
    yeah he said GSP on the show as well

Educ8d Degener8
    Educ8d Degener8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9916

Dana hailed Nover as the next Spider. This is common knowledge. Can't believe some of u smarty arties don't know that... Google "Ryan bader episode 8 blog"... Though Dana did also compare Nover to Gsp... Basically, Dana is a shit talent prognosticator.

Grabaka
    Update your status

yeah he said GSP on the show as well
    Makes no sense...did he rubbed vaseline on his back? Hate that GSP dude

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Dana also said Nover is the next Jason Reinhardt after Kyle Bradley TKO'd him.

True story

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

shabang
    shabang's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1931

you guys need to be careful, Uriah has looked good but he's only fighting sub par guys...kelvin looks good, and I can see kelvin easily taking this to the ground and grinding out a win...the kid is extremely motivated and Uriah hall will be over confident. I'd probably stay away from this fight as I could see it going either way.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by shabang View Post
    you guys need to be careful, Uriah has looked good but he's only fighting sub par guys...kelvin looks good, and I can see kelvin easily taking this to the ground and grinding out a win...the kid is extremely motivated and Uriah hall will be over confident. I'd probably stay away from this fight as I could see it going either way.
    judging from the show Uriah might be under-confident if anything

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Hall is probably the most humble guy in the house this season. Shabanger, where do u see him over confident??

First 1234567 ... Last