ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

PAC-12 refs caught cheating?

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...tball/21989633

Could be April Fools. Why not?

The most important thing here, besides the fact that I will be sending a well worded letter to Larry Scott, is the fact that a PAC ref costs $5K to gurantee a winner in March. First, that price is outstanding. I'd pay that in a heart beat, every freaking day, if I was guaranteed a winner. Second, I bet it's cheaper in lesser games.

Stallion
    Update your status
    Stallion's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16714

I believe it.

ChalkyDog

Just talked to a ref about this. Not an April Fools joke, insofar as the narrative goes in this.

Plus573
    It's Miller Time
    Plus573's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1887

Not surprised by this, truly sad though.

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by Plus573 View Post
    Not surprised by this, truly sad though.
    I live and die by the PAC-12 and Arizona.

The saddest thing is I never realized this in time to purchase a ref before shit hit the fan. Seriously, $5K or a trip to Cancun? (I thought it was at least 6 figures for a D1 ref).

Good god, I could have been a sharp.

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

The way I read it was that it was 5k to keep a tight leash on Miller, not fix the game. I'd be shocked if what you're insinuating was the case, and if so, please point me to where it was in the article cause I've got 5k waiting to ship this ref for a game next year.

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by tto827 View Post
    The way I read it was that it was 5k to keep a tight leash on Miller, not fix the game. I'd be shocked if what you're insinuating was the case, and if so, please point me to where it was in the article cause I've got 5k waiting to ship this ref for a game next year.
    The 5K was a reward to T up Miller.

In this instance, the time the T happened, shipped the game (and cover) to UCLA on a platter. Thus, the $5K was a reward for what turned out to be the game.

To your last point. Agreed. Me - you - and damn near anyone on this site with a brain and a few bucks (or credit) has the money to ship these guys. (and I only do this shit for a hobby).

Now, as an aside - from what I understand that call was not made for the money, but more due to direct bullying by Rush over the course of the season, that ultimately led to this guy feeling the need to do something like this to keep in "good graces" with his boss.

This is all on Rush and the commish.

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

Thanks Chalky, just wanted to make sure I didn't miss something.

He touched the ball, he touched the ball