vyomguy
    vyomguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 234

Will NBA owners let Kings stay in Sacremento?

Moving to Seattle means lot more money for NBA.

California has 4 NBA teams versus 0 NBA teams for Washington.

Kings have the worst attendance in the entire league.

Its quite easy to see that the 29 owners and david stern want the team moved to seattle.

Expect Seattle Kings soon..or is it supersonics?

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

Kings staying, 3 whales + a new fourth whale yesterday...qualcomm CEO. Kings stay in sac /end thread

William Walters
    William Walters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Why would they want to stay? SacTown is a shit-hole.

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough

Quote Originally Posted by William Walters View Post
    Why would they want to stay? SacTown is a shit-hole.
    LA is the shithole, bean dip county

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough

and vyomqueer quit posting Kings threads. You dont know shit about this team and will be stuck watching our games while you wish you had a team

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10300

The ignorant King's fans took it in the ass from
    the Maloof's for so long that they should
    be happy to let the King's leave farmtown.
    They could wipeoff the Maloof crusted on their chin
    and get back to talking about the weather and plowing.

Big money jumped on board from LA and ex-India.
    Interesting to see what happens.

I would prefer that the Kings move to
    Seattle so they can play in a city without
    farm animals on the airport runways...

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough

Quote Originally Posted by 19th Hole View Post
    The ignorant King's fans took it in the ass from
    the Maloof's for so long that they should
    be happy to let the King's leave farmtown.
    They could wipeoff the Maloof crusted on their chin
    and get back to talking about the weather and plowing.

Big money jumped on board from LA and ex-India.
    Interesting to see what happens.

I would prefer that the Kings move to
    Seattle so they can play in a city without
    farm animals on the airport runways...
    Once the magoofs are gone with some REAL owners in place this team will be a contender. Magoofs held us back for 10+ years dumbass. get educated on the subject.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: eidolon

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Sacramento is a shit hole. Damn near last in attendance. Will be moved

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas39 View Post
    Sacramento is a shit hole. Damn near last in attendance. Will be moved
    This coming from a guy who likes nascar? I bet you live in a trailer and do your sister

Vegas39

Quote Originally Posted by Killer_Demo View Post
    This coming from a guy who likes nascar? I bet you live in a trailer and do your sister

This from the 120 pound midget

sacrament city

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

They should be moved but don't like seeing a city lose their team even if that means I get to go see some NBA games closeby

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough

This from the 120 pound midget

sacrament city
    I live in nor-cal how about you? dont hate you dont have the fund$ to make it here...stick to the trailerpark

Vegas39

I live in nor-cal how about you? dont hate you dont have the fund$ to make it here...stick to the trailerpark

Couldntpay me to live in that shit hole you little midget. Now go play with your dolls kid

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough

Couldntpay me to live in that shit hole you little midget. Now go play with your dolls kid
    better shape, better women, better smoke. I'd hate too

Vegas39

better shape, better women, better smoke. I'd hate too

Better shape

we saw all 120 pounds of your bad ass frame nor cal bitches like you

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Can we get some odds on them moving? Yes -175 seems accurate.

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough

Better shape

we saw all 120 pounds of your bad ass frame nor cal bitches like you
    You could never compare...D1 athlete vs fatboy behind a computer screen? b!tch please get on my level then come holler small-time

Vegas39

You could never compare...D1 athlete vs fatboy behind a computer screen? b!tch please get on my level then come holler small-time

Anytime you want to show. Your a badass come to vegas. i got 5K that says your little bitch ass passes/ taps out. So anytime pussy. Love to snap your scrawny little neck

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough

Anytime you want to show. Your a badass come to vegas. i got 5K that says your little bitch ass passes/ taps out. So anytime pussy. Love to snap your scrawny little neck
    actually I'm at the craps table, nice try though... have fun with the 3 dollar parlays small-timer

Vegas39

actually I'm at the craps table, nice try though... have fun with the 3 dollar parlays small-timer
    Thanks for showing what most of us knew. The only balls you have are the ones you put in your mouth

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough

Thanks for showing what most of us knew. The only balls you have are the ones you put in your mouth
    e-thuggin hard, come to cali I'll get a dopefiend shoot u for a bundle toughguy

Vegas39

e-thuggin hard, come to cali I'll get a dopefiend shoot u for a bundle toughguy

Yes must be your life. Getting others to do hat you. Bitch ass can't

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough

Yes must be your life. Getting others to do hat you. Bitch ass can't
    Your slight work believe it

UntilTheNDofTimE
    I thought i told you that we dont stop
    UntilTheNDofTimE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 151

I live in Sacramento and always have. Im not sure why everyone that dosent live here is convinced its a cow town with farm animals. There are cows in south Elk Grove( which isnt even in Sacramento city limits but in sacramento county). There are farm animals on the other side of the sacramento river which again is not even sacramento city limits. The rest of the 1 million plus residents in Sacramento county live in the 25th largest county in the USA.

vyomguy

and vyomqueer quit posting Kings threads. You dont know shit about this team and will be stuck watching our games while you wish you had a team
    We have NBA team where I live.

Are you the in-house kings expert?

Shut the fuk up...all right?

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

how dare you people talk down on capital of california?

having said that, if i had a choice to live between sacramento and riverside, i'd pick riverside. wow did i just say that?

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough

Quote Originally Posted by vyomguy View Post
    We have NBA team where I live.

Are you the in-house kings expert?

Shut the fuk up...all right?
    Give it up. Seattle isnt getting shit...get used to drinkin lattes you queer-bait

vyomguy

Give it up. Seattle isnt getting shit...get used to drinkin lattes you queer-bait
    I am not from seattle you dumb fuk.

get a clue before you make a post retard.

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough

Quote Originally Posted by vyomguy View Post
    I am not from seattle you dumb fuk.

get a clue before you make a post retard.
    Get off the Kings nut-sac already jesus, 2 threads now about the Kings...

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough

Kings are staying in Sacramento. Poor untied will have to sip coffee and watch his sh!itty mariners and seahawks for a LONG TIME...haha suck it Seattle

NEW YORK- The NBA confirmed Monday that the the league’s relocation committee has voted against moving the Sacramento Kings to Seattle.
    The vote was unanimous, the NBA tweeted.
    The committee’s recommendation will now head to the league board of governors for a more formal vote. It’s said that the board will more than likely fall in line with the committee’s recommendation.
    The board is set to meet and make a vote May 13., according to an NBA statement.

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough

The NBA has all but officially decided to keep the Sacramento Kings in Sacramento. In a unanimous vote of the league's combined Relocation and Finance committees Monday afternoon, 12 NBA owners recommended that the league's Board of Governors vote to deny the relocation of the Kings to Seattle — and, in doing so, deny the sale of the team from the Maloof Family to a Seattle-based group led by hedge fund manager Chris Hansen and Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer.
    The recommendation will be taken up by the full Board for a formal vote the week of May 13. But it is almost certain that the full Board will go along with the recommendation and vote to keep the Kings in Sacramento, at least for another year.
    Relocating a team requires a majority, or 16 of the league's 30 teams to vote yes. As 12 teams have already voted no, that means the Seattle group would have to get 16 of the league's remaining 18 teams to vote yes, a near-impossibility. And once relocation is voted down, the sale of the team to Hansen's group would follow, for Hansen has consistently said he was only interested in buying the Kings if he could move them to Seattle.
    "I've never been prouder of this city," Sacramento Mayor Kevin Johnson Tweeted Monday afternoon. "I thank the ownership group, city leaders, but most of all the BEST FANS IN THE NBA!!!"
    While the Maloofs are not obligated to sell the Kings, they will now be under incredible pressure to do so, after Sacramento put together a group led by software magnate Vivek Ranadive, who would be the first majority NBA owner of Indian descent. Ranadive's group submitted a formal bid to the NBA earlier this month that NBA Commissioner David Stern said was comparable to the Seattle bid, and which the league considered binding.
    It is not clear what steps the league could take if the Maloofs opt not to negotiate with the Ranadive group or sell to it. Stern reiterated earlier this month that the league does generally allow owners to sell to whomever they want, provided the new owners' finances are in place, even though the league decides whether teams will be allowed to move.
    The league also knew that its owners' decision would rip the heart out of one city or the other. There was no solution that could make both happy.
    "It's not exactly comparing two cities," a source with knowledge of the discussions said Monday. "It's been hard to leave a place that's been good to the NBA. Leaving a team, leaving a city, leaving a bunch of fans when they stepped up. That's what it is."
    The decision caps an incredible comeback by the city of Sacramento, which looked doomed to lose its team after Hansen and the Maloofs announced in January they had reached a binding deal for the Maloofs to sell 65 percent of the team to Hansen, or $341 million, on a franchise valuation of $525 million. Hansen gave the Maloofs a non-refundable $30 million deposit as part of the agreement.
    Ranadive's group, according to an April 17 letter from the Maloof Family to the league that was leaked to the media, agreed to match the $525 million valuation for the team, but wanted to give the Maloofs a $15 million non-refundable deposit instead of $30 million. The Maloofs claimed that entering into an agreement with the Sacramento group would constitute a breach of contract with the Hansen group and would reduce the family's leverage to negotiate in case the league vetoed the sale to the Hansen group.
    Hansen had meticulously put together a plan over two years, purchasing land near Major League Baseball's Safeco Field on which he wanted to build a new arena for an NBA and National Hockey League team. He reached agreement with the city of Seattle for construction of a $491 building with up to $200 million in public funds.
    But Sacramento, led by Johnson, came roaring back, putting together its own arena deal and ownership group, first led by supermarket mogul Ron Burkle and 24-Hour Fitness founder Mark Mastrov. But Burkle had to drop out of the team and arena plans after a conflict of interest with one of his businesses, which represents NBA players, was discovered.
    Burkle was replaced by Ranadive, a minority owner of the Golden State Warriors, who quickly became the face of the Sacramento group. The city and the Ranadive Group reached agreement on construction of a $447 million arena, with Sacramento contributing $258 million toward the costs.
    The Board of Governors postponed a final vote on whether to accept the Seattle or Sacramento plans when it met earlier this month, with NBA Commissioner David Stern citing the incredibly complex issues the league faced. Could it vote to leave a city whose fans had been incredibly loyal over the years, and who had reached agreement with the Maloofs last year on a new arena deal, only to see the family walk away?
    On the other hand, Seattle had famously lost its team, which became the Oklahoma City Thunder, in 2008, and the NBA had lost a potentially dynamic market. The Hansen bid for the Kings wildly inflated the value of all other NBA teams, and the potential revenues from a regional sports network and other corporate dollars made Seattle an enticing city. In addition, Hansen's group went about its business quietly, as the NBA prefers.
    In the end, the dozen owners went with the city that had put everything into its bid to keep the one professional sports team the city had. Johnson had cast the new arena deal as a catalyst for revitalizing Sacramento's downtown business corridor, with investors from throughout the state of California—not to mention the highly unusual commitment of a city in that state to provide public funding for an arena, something that hasn't happened in years—coming together.
    What Hansen and Seattle do from here is unclear. Sources maintain that legal action against the league is a near impossibility, given that the NBA requires prospective owners to sign agreements that prohibit them from taking legal action if their bids are denied. A source with knowledge of Hansen's group's plans said Sunday that the group had never thought about taking any legal action if it lost.
    There are frequently teams that are for sale for one reason or another, but those teams are no more likely to move than the Kings unless they don't have viable arena deals in their cities. Only a handful of teams are looking for a new building at present, most notably the Milwaukee Bucks. But the Bucks have told Stern that when their current lease at BMO Harris Bradley Center expires in 2017, they will have a plan that includes a new arena. Owner Herb Kohl, who is looking to sell the team, has said that he would put forward an unspecified amount of money toward a new arena.
    Nor is expansion a realistic option for Seattle. There is next to no support among owners to add a 31st team to the league, which would cut into each team's share of Basketball Related Income, including the money each team stands to get from a new national television contract in the next couple of years.

Longtime NBA reporter and columnist David Aldridge is an analyst for TNT. You can e-mail him here and follow him on Twitter.