frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Nuggets Legit to Win the Western Conference

The Nugget owned OKC 3-1 this season, and winning the latest one in dominating fashion despite playing back to back. The Nuggets also owned Memphis 3-1 this year. The Spurs is the only team a threat to the Nuggets. The Spurs are still old though, and Tony Parker won't even be in game shape by the playoffs. If the Nuggets can steal the #3 seed, I like their chances to finally make it to the NBA Finals.

Justin3587
    Justin3587's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 450

Come on now...

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9800

2nd best team in the nba imo, great starting 5 and bench. There bench is better than some teams starting lineups

Not your same denver team after adding igggy and getting more experience.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Wouldn't surprise me.........Live dogs of the Western Conference

frostno98

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post
    2nd best team in the nba imo, great starting 5 and bench. There bench is better than some teams starting lineups

Not your same denver team after adding igggy and getting more experience.
    This team is not your run and gun Phoenix Suns, which people might try to compare them to. They get most of their points off of rebounds, blocks, and Steals. They're doing it defensively and not relying on a ton of 3's like the Nuggets in the past. Andre Igoudala is a huge asset on the defensive end, and a great finisher around the rim due to his length. He has to quit mindlessly jacking up jump shots though. The Nuggets and the Heats are the only team that's nine deep. Andre Miller, Corey Brewer, Wilson Chandler all can go off for over 20 points coming off the bench on any given night, while Javale Mcgee is a very reliable presence in the paint.

This team might not have any Superstars but Ty Lawson, Gallinarri, Andre Miller, or Wilson Chandler are all capable of making a clutch shot at the end.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

No go to guy to consistently get buckets when game is tight and playoff series do tend to slow down due to familiarity.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

I like this group of Nuggets, but when the Playoffs start, we can't judge off what they did to certain teams in the regular season.

frostno98

Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post
    No go to guy to consistently get buckets when game is tight and playoff series do tend to slow down due to familiarity.
    The Nuggets showed against OKC and against defensive minded Memphis just two days earlier, that they can play a half court game. I think the slow down will only effect them on the road, at home in Denver I don't think they will have any problem sticking to their traditional high octane offense. That's why it's important they get the #3 or #4 seed. I don't see why the Nuggets can't beat the other teams in the west. Their experience in taking the Lakers to game 7 will only help them this year.

I think the Spurs will be the toughest team because they got the best coach, but don't see them going anywhere if Tony Parker is not playing at a All star level. OKC is clearly not the same team without Harden. Memphis is very beatable, the Nuggets could easily swept them 4-0 in the series this year. The Clippers is a team that could give the Nuggets problems if they have home court, because they shoot the 3's very well at home and Chris Paul is a good closer.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

They're last years version of Memphis. Just not as good.

Sport_Fish
    Sport_Fish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2039

The whole 'peaking early' convo surrounding the Heat...people have the wrong team.

Because Nuggets are a prime example of that concept. I don't think they even get past round 1. But round 2, no way.

darrell74
    darrell74's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19468

cockblocker
    cockblocker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    They're last years version of Memphis. Just not as good.
    Corrected. Just better.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

I took a flier at them at 20:1 to win the West a few weeks ago. Glad I did now.

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13401

Ty Lawson is that dude right now. The whole team is good but when you got a point guard playing like he is your just that much better. They also have quality wins against Golden State Warriors as well, they are ready for the next step.

zilchy
    zilchy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1256

I don't think so. Home-court advantage is a big deal for them. If they somehow manage to get the number 2 seed then they have a shot but I don't see it happening.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Quote Originally Posted by cockblocker View Post
    Corrected. Just better.
    Denver will soon be knocked out of the playoffs by either SA, OKC or LAC. And then be forgotten about.

However, I like Denver and root for them. Denver is undoubtedly one of my favorite cities and I love their up tempo style of play, much like the OKC's. So I'll be rooting for them against everyone except OKC.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7726

Lol

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9800

Aaron McCrevice
    Aaron McCrevice's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 655

Faried begging for injury with his reckless inside play

a 6'8" 228 lb twig dancing among the redwoods