Petey Wheatstraw
    Petey Wheatstraw's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cowboys Getting Stupider?

No talks have begun on a new contract for Tony Romo.

However, the red headed baboon that coaches the team and holds them back from anything but 8-8 remains.

Is Jerry Jones becoming senile?!?!

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

Longtime no see Shitstraw, how ya been?

Letting Romo go isn't a killer, I'm not sure he has that "it" and unless that team gets a lot better, they need a QB with "it"

Not that they would ever let him walk.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3365

Have not heard any rumblings on Gruden being hired by Jones like you wrote Petey. Maybe next year. Give the red haired guy one more shot.

SamDiamond
    SamDiamond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Quote Originally Posted by Easy-Rider 66 View Post
    Have not heard any rumblings on Gruden being hired by Jones like you wrote Petey. Maybe next year. Give the red haired guy one more shot.
    Go easy on Shittystraw. He was just a tad bit off on Jon Gruden being named the Cowboys coach.

And 2 hours ago, Cowboy beat writer, Ed Werder reported that a new deal is imminent.

http://www.kffl.com/gnews.php?id=839...-have-new-deal

MC PICKS
    Update your status
    MC PICKS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 265

Jerry Jones has never adapted to the free agency/salary cap era. He is single handedly the reason they have become a second rate franchise. The modern day Al Davis.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: BiTeMe UsAdOj

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Eagles

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

MC PICKS
    Update your status
    MC PICKS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 265

You know its true opie. Old fukker hasnt made a good decsion since the Herschel Walker trade. When you host a monday night football game in october and over half of your stadium is filled with the opposing teams fans (bears last year) you have a problem. When you have won 1 playoff game in the last 17 years theres a problem. Just stating facts.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7726

Cowboys are a joke.

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Quote Originally Posted by ** PICKS View Post
    You know its true opie. Old fukker hasnt made a good decsion since the Herschel Walker trade. When you host a monday night football game in october and over half of your stadium is filled with the opposing teams fans (bears last year) you have a problem. When you have won 1 playoff game in the last 17 years theres a problem. Just stating facts.
    100% agree. And for what it's worth.... Jerry had nothing to do with the Herschel trade. That was all Jimmy's doing.

Jerry Jones is always going to be the problem with the Cowboys. I hate his guts. But it's his team, his money.....what can you do?

I've seriously tried to stop giving a fukk about them, but my fandom is simply too ingrained to ever cease.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6898

how long b4 the cowboys sign an over the hill Freeney and injury prone A.Collie

that being said, Collie was a stud in 2009 as a rookie and essential part of a SB team. Freeney, did his thang for a decade as a Colt! one of my favorites. will miss him on Madden 14

pixster
    pixster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5629

TV ratings are what the Cowboys are only good for. But I suspect that is probably waning. Growing up in the 70's, I took a liking to the Cowboys...has been my fav team ever since. However - on Dallas - I don't want to launch into a diatribe other than to say I've done well betting against their a$$es in recent years. With Romo at QB, they may reach their game day ticket quota, but they're not gonna win the big enchilada.

Sledge187
    Sledge187's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5949

Usually Cowboy fans are caught up in fantasy world but the guys in this thread hit it on the head. Jerry is the problem and Jason Garrett is a very average head coach at best. The Cowboys for some reason are loaded with talent every year but always are hit hard with injuries. Has been like that for the last 15 years it seems. That said I agree that they won't win another Super Bowl as long as Jerry is alive.

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

romo

byronbb
    byronbb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2284

It's a function of Too Much Money. When your decisions don't matter in regards to attendance and jersey sales, it's actually hard to develop a good product because it doesnt even matter. Average ticket cost is $84.

Petey Wheatstraw

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Cowboys are a joke.
    Lakers are Jokier.

Petey Wheatstraw

Quote Originally Posted by tto827 View Post
    Longtime no see Shitstraw, how ya been?

Letting Romo go isn't a killer, I'm not sure he has that "it" and unless that team gets a lot better, they need a QB with "it"

Not that they would ever let him walk.
    Romo ain't problem. "."

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Make it simple for you: Cowboys are garbage. Romo is a middle of the road qb. Cowboy fans in general are morons who have way too high an opinion on their scarcely talented team. Get used to to being mediocre at best.

KKoz9
    KKoz9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post
    Make it simple for you: Cowboys are garbage. Romo is a middle of the road qb. Cowboy fans in general are morons who have way too high an opinion on their scarcely talented team. Get used to to being mediocre at best.

Actually, some Cowboy fans are the ones who really know the team doesn't have the talent the media makes it out to have. That's why it's so funny how morons blame their failures on Romo, one of their BEST players, and say they are "underachieving".

In the last two years under Rob Ryan their defense has given up the most yards in franchise history, the most points in franchise history, and created the fewest turnovers in franchise history.

Their running game has been inconsistent to non-existent, the receivers are undependable, and the O-line has been as porous as any in the NFL.

Romo is not their problem, the team is just not that good and they need better players...period, and this is coming from a season ticket holder.

"You are what your record says you are." -Bill Parcells

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by ** PICKS View Post
    Jerry Jones has never adapted to the free agency/salary cap era. He is single handedly the reason they have become a second rate franchise. The modern day Al Davis.
    Al Davis has more playoff wins than Jerry over the past 15 years, and Al has been dead for 2 of those years.

I was calling Jerry Jones the new Al Davis several years ago, now it seems that's giving Jerry too much credit.

pulledclear
    pulledclear's Avatar Become A Pro!

Romo.......

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

I wouldn't give Romo a new contract, either.
    Jones is probably the worst owner, short of Mike Brown. There's nothing like a meddling owner that thinks he's some GM being clever and making moves in 2 of the best drafts in recent memory. The guy is stupid as f. Also, his loyalty to Garrett is, well, as I should say, mental. Garrett is not capable of running a team. He's very bad in many ways on gameday, which is all that counts. Can Garrett run an offense? Sure. Is he a top guy in that spot? Clearly, no. Not with that talent.

Jones just wants 'yes' men and he wants to be Jimmy Johnson - which he is nowhere close to. When Jones takes credit for the 3 rings the 'Boys won with players Johnson picked, you see a Billionaire brat wanting to be 'one of the boys'. He is not and will not ever be. Jimmy Johnson built an AMAZING team. Yeah Jones runs the show, he owns the team - but in the NFL, playing with 'power' is not going to help you win ballgames. It's a microcosm of society, really. But I digress, don't want to go there.

Romo is a decent, not quite a 'solid' QB. If he was my QB, I'd let him walk. That's ME though. The NFL is about championships. Solid players can learn to be better in pressure situations, but Romo, to me is like Peyton Manning. Both stink in BIG situations, but Manning learned how to win a few of them - Romo has not (to be fair, Manning has lost a LOT more big games he than won, but he learned). Guy is not a leader, norst 'winner'. I just don't see how being 'on the fringe' every year is what you want. Not with the players on that team. The Cowboys, whom I hate, should contend every year - but they don't. They need a QB and they need an owner that realizes that there are capable men out there that will build the roster that are better than him.

You also have to blame the culture in Dallas about the team... Rockstars that stink still stink. When your backup center has his own radio show, there's a HUGE problem with culture.

SparJMU
    SparJMU's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7523

Hey Shitstraw, why didn't you change your name yet? The Ravens beat the Broncos, you owe us a name change.

KKoz9
    KKoz9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Quote Originally Posted by McBa1n View Post
    I wouldn't give Romo a new contract, either.
    Jones is probably the worst owner, short of Mike Brown. There's nothing like a meddling owner that thinks he's some GM being clever and making moves in 2 of the best drafts in recent memory. The guy is stupid as f. Also, his loyalty to Garrett is, well, as I should say, mental. Garrett is not capable of running a team. He's very bad in many ways on gameday, which is all that counts. Can Garrett run an offense? Sure. Is he a top guy in that spot? Clearly, no. Not with that talent.

Jones just wants 'yes' men and he wants to be Jimmy Johnson - which he is nowhere close to. When Jones takes credit for the 3 rings the 'Boys won with players Johnson picked, you see a Billionaire brat wanting to be 'one of the boys'. He is not and will not ever be. Jimmy Johnson built an AMAZING team. Yeah Jones runs the show, he owns the team - but in the NFL, playing with 'power' is not going to help you win ballgames. It's a microcosm of society, really. But I digress, don't want to go there.

Romo is a decent, not quite a 'solid' QB. If he was my QB, I'd let him walk. That's ME though. The NFL is about championships. Solid players can learn to be better in pressure situations, but Romo, to me is like Peyton Manning. Both stink in BIG situations, but Manning learned how to win a few of them - Romo has not (to be fair, Manning has lost a LOT more big games he than won, but he learned). Guy is not a leader, norst 'winner'. I just don't see how being 'on the fringe' every year is what you want. Not with the players on that team. The Cowboys, whom I hate, should contend every year - but they don't. They need a QB and they need an owner that realizes that there are capable men out there that will build the roster that are better than him.

You also have to blame the culture in Dallas about the team... Rockstars that stink still stink. When your backup center has his own radio show, there's a HUGE problem with culture.

Ok, so they have all this "great talent", they are underachieving and it's the QB's fault, but the GM sucks and can't draft worth a crap? How did they get all that "great talent"? Jimmy? He's been gone for almost 20 years!

Which is it?

You're contradictory statements sound just like the typical rehashed garbage from national media. See post #18

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by KKoz9 View Post
    Ok, so they have all this "great talent", they are underachieving and it's the QB's fault, but the GM sucks and can't draft worth a crap? How did they get all that "great talent"? Jimmy? He's been gone for almost 20 years!

Which is it?

You're contradictory statements sound just like the typical rehashed garbage from national media. See post #18
    The NFL is designed for parity. Even the worst NFL GM should be able to assemble talent if they pick at the top of the draft year after year. It takes a special effort to screw that up. One way to screw it up is to assemble mismatched talent and bad coaching, which is what Jerry seems to have done since the beginning. Without the Herschel Walker trade, Jerry would never have won a championship.