Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Philadelphia Flyers are terrible.

It's like watching a Bantam team play professionals. Horrible.

Seaweed
    Update your status
    Seaweed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6952

I agree, what's worse is their goalie was smiling when he was pulled.

DennisGreen
    Update your status
    DennisGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1527

Sharks even more terrible. 6-1 CBJ

ultimatum
    ultimatum's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 144

Jesus christ they are getting the crap kicked out of them

bubblebuttluv
    Derek Jeter, the best shortstop ever.
    bubblebuttluv's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1897

I'm glad I went with Toronto. People were all over the Flyers jock tonight.

ColdBeerHere
    Tailing Wilson
    ColdBeerHere's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8151

Quote Originally Posted by bubblebuttluv View Post
    I'm glad I went with Toronto. People were all over the Flyers jock tonight.
    Nice ass in your avatar man....Would not mind motorboatin' that

PuckIt
    See Premonition Below
    PuckIt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Of course Toronto couldn't cover the 1P ML for me though

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1842

No matter how bad Flyers and Caps play, people won't stop betting on them.

Gamble32jn
    Keep Faith!!!!!!!!
    Gamble32jn's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    No matter how bad Flyers and Caps play, people won't stop betting on them.
    Agreed. Im guilty with the caps a lot. Glad i took the Leafs last night. Sharks made me sick though

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7726

Did not expect much from philly this year. They lost carle and never replaced his "minutes". Hartnell is out too now and he is a huge player on there team.

rfr3sh
    Blind Knucklehead
    rfr3sh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 604

Remember when people were saying Giroux was the best player in the world

Nicky Santoro
    Nicky Santoro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9461

you all must understand this.. no matter how bad a team is doing, it's still way early. to show you an example. (we'll do it in baseball language)

No matter how bad the flyers have been.. they are only 1.5 games out of a playoff spot with 35 games to go. you think they can make up 1.5 games in 35 games??

No matter how bad the kings have been, they are only 1 game out of a playoff spot.

Even the sabres who are 4th last in conf, are only 1 game out.

To show you how things can change so fast, just last week, fans here in MTL were talking stanley cup and saying best habs team in 20 yrs, and had one of best records in the East, and now are only a half game out of not making playoffs.

So as you all see, it's still way way early. Kings last yr were almost dead last in the West with 2 months to go, and we all saw what was end result.

LONG SEASON, BOYS.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1842

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky Santoro View Post
    you all must understand this.. no matter how bad a team is doing, it's still way early. to show you an example. (we'll do it in baseball language)

No matter how bad the flyers have been.. they are only 1.5 games out of a playoff spot with 35 games to go. you think they can make up 1.5 games in 35 games??

No matter how bad the kings have been, they are only 1 game out of a playoff spot.

Even the sabres who are 4th last in conf, are only 1 game out.

To show you how things can change so fast, just last week, fans here in MTL were talking stanley cup and saying best habs team in 20 yrs, and had one of best records in the East, and now are only a half game out of not making playoffs.

So as you all see, it's still way way early. Kings last yr were almost dead last in the West with 2 months to go, and we all saw what was end result.

LONG SEASON, BOYS.
    Yes but with the loser point it is a lot tougher to make up ground on everyone.

~54 points needed to make the playoffs.

So someone like Washington would need 47 points out of 36 games. 21-10-5 the rest of the way.
    Philly would need 43 points out of 35 games. 20-12-3 the rest of the way.

So just looking at the standings and being "only" 2 points out is not easy as it looks.
    Obviously anything can happen as these are just flipping coins back and forth so impossible to know what will happen for sure.

altieriflyers
    Rosamund
    altieriflyers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7788

As we stand today, THEY ARE TERRIBLE.

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage
    keyboarding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 972

PHI looked helpless in their own end last night, giving up at least 4 goals because they couldn't get the puck out of the zone along the boards.

The thing is they still had a chance but Reimer and Scrivens were playing out of their fukking minds. With such a lopsided score I think their performances were overshadowed.

It was the perfect storm for TOR to win, getting pretty much every bounce possible. A month from now I'm fairly sure we'll be seeing a different story.

I threw a couple of units on PHI tonight. I think they figure it out playing back to back having no time to overthink that crushing defeat. Hopefully they find some rhythm and get it done.

God bless.

a4u2fear
    TEASE IT
    a4u2fear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35459

Sabres might be worse.

Double check any bets on WPG -1.5 tonight. They have played poor competition at home even with the opposition on B2B and were not able to pull off the PL.

SEAHAWKHARRY
    Northern Lights
    SEAHAWKHARRY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2385

Philly flyers win tonight

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage

Quote Originally Posted by keyboarding View Post
    I threw a couple of units on PHI tonight. I think they figure it out playing back to back having no time to overthink that crushing defeat. Hopefully they find some rhythm and get it done.

Nicky Santoro
    Nicky Santoro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9461

from the Flyers being so terrible, to now being only 1 pt out of a playoff spot. That's how a team can go from terrible, to only 1 pt out in under 24 hrs. relax boys, alot of hockey left to play.

And just remember this.. that only 2 pts separate 3rd place from 10th place.

All it takes is 1 nice winning streak by any team and they're in the playoffs. It don't matter how bad you are now.

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

Flyers

a4u2fear
    TEASE IT
    a4u2fear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35459

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky Santoro View Post
    from the Flyers being so terrible, to now being only 1 pt out of a playoff spot. That's how a team can go from terrible, to only 1 pt out in under 24 hrs. relax boys, alot of hockey left to play.

And just remember this.. that only 2 pts separate 3rd place from 10th place.

All it takes is 1 nice winning streak by any team and they're in the playoffs. It don't matter how bad you are now.
    Dude, so they are 1 pt out of a playoff spot, doesn't mean crap. The NHL is full of mediocre teams every year. More than half the teams make the playoffs, doesn't mean they are good. The OP was talking about how they look, not whether or not they're in the playoffs.

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage

Quote Originally Posted by a4u2fear View Post
    Dude, so they are 1 pt out of a playoff spot, doesn't mean crap. The NHL is full of mediocre teams every year. More than half the teams make the playoffs, doesn't mean they are good. The OP was talking about how they look, not whether or not they're in the playoffs.
    They aren't as bad as they are playing. The return of Hartnell should give them a nice boost. Also, most teams are struggling with road trips in short periods of time (except ANA).

ColdBeerHere
    Tailing Wilson
    ColdBeerHere's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8151

we know phillyflyers is a terrible capper...no need to start a thread about it.