mcduggly
    mcduggly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2401

Basic bet tracking question.

I am thinking about starting my own thread with my plays and keeping record of them. Now I'm new to this whole tracking thing, so I have a couple stupid mathematical questions that I may get made fun of for. I just haven't kept track or bets this way, so I'm confused on how to do it.

1) If I bet $110 on a -110 line and win, bet $105 on a -105 and win, and bet $110 on a +105 and win, what does the math look like to calculate the total units won?

2) Should I pick out a standard unit size, or match the line? I.E, should I continually bet with $110 being my unit size, or of the line is -112, should I bet $112 on that?

Thanks guys and gook luck to everyone and their bets today.

frizzelli
    frizzelli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Good luck to all your picks.

mcduggly

Quote Originally Posted by frizzelli View Post
    Good luck to all your picks.
    ....I can't tell if you're actually being serious or not.

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

Your standard unit would be $100. If you bet a team that's -108, and they lose, your unit total would be -1.08. Now if you bet 1u on a plus +155, and it lost, you would be down -2.08u. Then you bet a team +310 and they win, you would add 3.1 to your unit total to get +1.02 units.

You risk a unit on dogs, and to win a unit on favs, thats how wager amount works if you select that option.
    Points Awarded:

mcduggly gave tto827 20 SBR Point(s) for this post.

BigDeem5
    2013-2016 NBA: 461-378-24 +52.65u
    BigDeem5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2158

You make your unit first, whatever that is that is what most people bet to win..

I.e your unit is 100 if you lay 110 to win 100 and win you're up 1 unit, if you lose you are down 1.1 units.

Same way if u lay +105

1 unit to win 1.05
    Points Awarded:

mcduggly gave BigDeem5 20 SBR Point(s) for this post.

mcduggly

Quote Originally Posted by tto827 View Post
    Your standard unit would be $100. If you bet a team that's -108, and they lose, your unit total would be -1.08. Now if you bet 1u on a plus +155, and it lost, you would be down -2.08u. Then you bet a team +310 and they win, you would add 3.1 to your unit total to get +1.02 units.

You risk a unit on dogs, and to win a unit on favs, thats how wager amount works if you select that option.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDeem5 View Post
    You make your unit first, whatever that is that is what most people bet to win..

I.e your unit is 100 if you lay 110 to win 100 and win you're up 1 unit, if you lose you are down 1.1 units.

Same way if u lay +105

1 unit to win 1.05

Thanks guys, I appreciate it.

pulledclear
    pulledclear's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by mcduggly View Post
    I am thinking about starting my own thread with my plays and keeping record of them. Now I'm new to this whole tracking thing, so I have a couple stupid mathematical questions that I may get made fun of for. I just haven't kept track or bets this way, so I'm confused on how to do it.

1) If I bet $110 on a -110 line and win, bet $105 on a -105 and win, and bet $110 on a +105 and win, what does the math look like to calculate the total units won?

2) Should I pick out a standard unit size, or match the line? I.E, should I continually bet with $110 being my unit size, or of the line is -112, should I bet $112 on that?

Thanks guys and gook luck to everyone and their bets today.
    I will alert the media! Great concept VERY unique. Keep up the bad work.

SportsPedagogy
    SportsPedagogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 266

I use the SBR spread sheet cause it helps you keep track easier. You can sort it by types of bets, and sports.
    I also post units as opposed to actual amounts of money bet. Posting in terms of money $100 or $1,000 usually just brings in people who want to compare bankrolls and/or Internet penis length.

SportsPedagogy

Quote Originally Posted by pulledclear View Post
    I have alot more respect for people who keep all their picks in one thread, as opposed to those who make these "Cant miss lock" threads that eventually lose and are forgotten about. Of course, I have a higher respect for those guys then people on this site who never post their own plays, and just criticize others for posting plays. At the end of the day, this is a gambling forum.

mcduggly

Quote Originally Posted by SportsPedagogy View Post
    I use the SBR spread sheet cause it helps you keep track easier. You can sort it by types of bets, and sports.
    I also post units as opposed to actual amounts of money bet. Posting in terms of money $100 or $1,000 usually just brings in people who want to compare bankrolls and/or Internet penis length.
    Thanks!

SportsPedagogy

Be prepared though. You could 100 plays in a row, and people will find a reason to hate on you.

Taking to many favorites, to many home teams, to many "easy" picks, to many big names (etc.)
    Just the nature of this site I guess.

pulledclear

Why dont you FOCUS on getting a job and moving out of mommys house. Roller skating with fat chicks and jerking with the playstation aint gonna pay the bills little fella. By the way I have seen anorexics with better trap development.

mcduggly

Why dont you FOCUS on getting a job and moving out of mommys house. Roller skating with fat chicks and jerking with the playstation aint gonna pay the bills little fella. By the way I have seen anorexics with better trap development.
    My parents actually bought me a $740,000 dollar condo in Orlando, where I work at Ernst & Young, one of the "big 4" accounting firms in the country (so I'm 22 years old and have a better place of living and job than you...sorry). You were the one saying you wanted to fukk my gf and was jealous she was with a "small dick." Oh, and I could bench press you 47 times if you didn't weigh 460 pounds.

Thanks for your input though, phaggot.

mcduggly

Quote Originally Posted by SportsPedagogy View Post
    Be prepared though. You could 100 plays in a row, and people will find a reason to hate on you.

Taking to many favorites, to many home teams, to many "easy" picks, to many big names (etc.)
    Just the nature of this site I guess.
    Haha yea I know, but all I care about is making money, not what guys on a forum think of me and/or my picks. Good luck with yours tonight.

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

My parents actually bought me a $740,000 dollar condo in Orlando, where I work at Ernst & Young, one of the "big 4" accounting firms in the country (so I'm 22 years old and have a better place of living and job than you...sorry). You were the one saying you wanted to fukk my gf and was jealous she was with a "small dick." Oh, and I could bench press you 47 times if you didn't weigh 460 pounds.

Can't wait for his response to this one

mcduggly

Quote Originally Posted by tto827 View Post
    Can't wait for his response to this one
    I don't even care what he says. He and Frizzelli always have something to say and don't even know what they're talking about. They add no value to this forum and probably don't even bet.
    Points Awarded:

frizzelli gave mcduggly 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

pulledclear

mcduggly

I'll send some videos of my condo (including the view because it's amazing), of me walking into work and to my desk, and you've already seen pics of the girlfriend, so I don't need to remind you of that.

Blissit02
    Blissit02's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

You're an accountant, and you needed help doing the math to track bets???? Second of all you probably needed a masters in accounting to be working at the top 4 firms....So you must have graduated when you were around 16-17.something doesnt add up....love folks who talk shit on here on how good they have it....yet they live in their grandparents basement, cause their parents already disowned them!!

frizzelli

I don't even care what he says. He and Frizzelli always have something to say and don't even know what they're talking about. They add no value to this forum and probably don't even bet.
    Good luck on all your picks.

frizzelli

Mcdugly 1 piece of advice don't try and justify yourself to strangers on the Internet it makes you look desperate.

mcduggly

Quote Originally Posted by Blissit02 View Post
    You're an accountant, and you needed help doing the math to track bets???? Second of all you probably needed a masters in accounting to be working at the top 4 firms....So you must have graduated when you were around 16-17.something doesnt add up....love folks who talk shit on here on how good they have it....yet they live in their grandparents basement, cause their parents already disowned them!!
    I'm interning there, so I'm not technically an accountant yet. I haven't gotten my CPA yet and still have a year of school left. And these numbers have absolutely NOTHING to do with accounting. And I guarantee you, I do not live in my my grandparents basement.

mcduggly

Quote Originally Posted by frizzelli View Post
    Mcdugly 1 piece of advice don't try and justify yourself to strangers on the Internet it makes you look desperate.
    It's hard not to when people have no idea what they're talking about and come out of nowhere bashing me. Oh well.

pulledclear

I'm interning there= I make no money

I haven't gotten my CPA= I have failed the test twice but the 3rd times a charm

I'm not technically= A delusionals term for reality.

mcduggly

I'm interning there= I make no money

I haven't gotten my CPA= I have failed the test twice but the 3rd times a charm

I'm not technically= A delusionals term for reality.

I make $22 an hour. Not all internships are unpaid. If you went to college you would know that. You don't take the CPA until you graduate, and as I stated above, I have another year left. I'm not "technically" an accountant yet because I have not taken/passed the CPA.

You're a fukking idiot. Get a clue and stop stalking me, phaggot.

pulledclear

Hey MOM!!!!! Can I borrow the car and Wheres the fckng meat loaf!!!!Jesus I would love to punch you in the throat.

mcduggly

Hey MOM!!!!! Can I borrow the car and Wheres the fckng meat loaf!!!!Jesus I would love to punch you in the throat.
    That's cute. Is it because I have a better life than you, or because you want to fukk my gf and she would never even look at you? By looking at every reply you have ever posted in any of my threads, I'm guessing both. Follow in my footsteps and get a job, man, you're not making anybody laugh here. Just embarrassing yourself by trying to bash a 22-year-old when you're probably 30 years older than me. Cool. I'm done with you, I know what I have, and I know what you don't. Boom. No more responses from me.

jarvol
    jarvol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3670

So u technically are a junior in college and live in a $740k condo in Orlando while attending Univ of Central Florida?

pulledclear

That's cute. Is it because I have a better life than you, or because you want to fukk my gf and she would never even look at you? By looking at every reply you have ever posted in any of my threads, I'm guessing both. Follow in my footsteps and get a job, man, you're not making anybody laugh here. Just embarrassing yourself by trying to bash a 22-year-old when you're probably 30 years older than me. Cool. I'm done with you, I know what I have, and I know what you don't. Boom. No more responses from me.

I own you little fella and let me just assure you I will Fck that Fat assed blondie so good she will beg for my dick.
    Points Awarded:

Giogeorge gave pulledclear 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

mcduggly

Quote Originally Posted by jarvol View Post
    So u technically are a junior in college and live in a $740k condo in Orlando while attending Univ of Central Florida?
    I go to Florida Southern, not Central Florida, but yes. My family has had the condo for several years while their house was being built in Redington Beach. We used it to go on vacation and stuff since we are originally from Ohio. When my parents house was done, they just kept the condo and let family stay there if they wanted. Since they moved south and I lost my baseball scholarship at Cincinnati, I decided it was a good time to move south as well (the gf works at Disney, so she is down here too, which was another factor, but that's besides the point). My stepdad has been retired since he was in his mid-40s and has had a financial advisor that works at Ernst & Young, so he got me a paid internship there for this past semester as well as the current one. So I only have class 2 days a week at the actual Florida Southern campus, which is about 40 minutes away, and I take online classes to save myself some time since I work 40 hour weeks.

mcduggly

I own you little fella and let me just assure you I will Fck that Fat assed blondie so good she will beg for my dick.

SportsPedagogy

rfr3sh
    Blind Knucklehead
    rfr3sh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 604

well your unit is not necessarily $100
    it should be ~2% of your bankroll

if you are just starting betting I would say 2% is a good starting point because it will keep you alive long enough to learn some things a long the way instead of losing everything and reloading constantly.

best advice is practicing good money management, if you are able to follow the general guidelines of money management you have a chance to make money.

if not good luck

mcduggly

Quote Originally Posted by rfr3sh View Post
    well your unit is not necessarily $100
    it should be ~2% of your bankroll

if you are just starting betting I would say 2% is a good starting point because it will keep you alive long enough to learn some things a long the way instead of losing everything and reloading constantly.

best advice is practicing good money management, if you are able to follow the general guidelines of money management you have a chance to make money.

if not good luck
    Thank you for the response. I am not new to betting and I know the basic principles of money management, but I'm always willing to learn new things as I go, which is the reason I am posting on this forum.

pulledclear

I go to Florida Southern, not Central Florida, but yes. My family has had the condo for several years while their house was being built in Redington Beach. We used it to go on vacation and stuff since we are originally from Ohio. When my parents house was done, they just kept the condo and let family stay there if they wanted. Since they moved south and I lost my baseball scholarship at Cincinnati, I decided it was a good time to move south as well (the gf works at Disney, so she is down here too, which was another factor, but that's besides the point). My stepdad has been retired since he was in his mid-40s and has had a financial advisor that works at Ernst & Young, so he got me a paid internship there for this past semester as well as the current one. So I only have class 2 days a week at the actual Florida Southern campus, which is about 40 minutes away, and I take online classes to save myself some time since I work 40 hour weeks.