daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Any Madden experts in here?

Im about to throw this game out into the dump. I've downloaded the updated rosters. When I go to begin an offline career as a coach, whether I use updated rosters or the default rosters the player ratings are the same. When I choose "load roster" rosters with more realistic player ratings appear to load until I play a game. Then the player ratings are entirely different from those where I set my depth chart in my career before the game. Did I get a bum game or am I doing something wrong? I just want fukkin updated rosters and player ratings in my career mode.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Not sure, I played the new one once and traded it in. Doubt you got a bum game, it's just a shit game.

Sledge187
    Sledge187's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5949

What system are you playing on?

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

PS3

Coachep
    Coachep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1249

Updated rosters are for online or exhibition play. They reflect the players' progress all this season. Careers begin in the preseason. Rosters and ratings will reflect that and improve as you progress them.

tatddy
    tatddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 608

No. I never made it past Tecmo Super Bowl. You can try and run me with Andre Rison when you come to SF

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Quote Originally Posted by Coachep View Post
    Updated rosters are for online or exhibition play. They reflect the players' progress all this season. Careers begin in the preseason. Rosters and ratings will reflect that and improve as you progress them.
    Thanks...so that explains one thing. Why would the player ratings in "personnel" be different before the game than when I begin playing them? For example, I put Percy Harvin at 3rd down back and he's a 79 but when a game starts his rating is 0. Ponder is a 72 before the game starts but during he is a 74.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Quote Originally Posted by tatddy View Post
    No. I never made it past Tecmo Super Bowl. You can try and run me with Andre Rison when you come to SF
    I wasted far too many days playing that game. Would play entire seasons in a day.

FadeMyPlay
    FadeMyPlay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 496

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    Thanks...so that explains one thing. Why would the player ratings in "personnel" be different before the game than when I begin playing them? For example, I put Percy Harvin at 3rd down back and he's a 79 but when a game starts his rating is 0. Ponder is a 72 before the game starts but during he is a 74.
    Is it because you are placing Harvin at a position he wasn't rated for? So he has a 79 rating at wr but a 0 rating at back?

Sledge187
    Sledge187's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5949

Sorry man but I got 360 so I can't help.

JuicedUp
    JuicedUp's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6184

man i still got that sega genesis madden 92

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Quote Originally Posted by FadeMyPlay View Post
    Is it because you are placing Harvin at a position he wasn't rated for? So he has a 79 rating at wr but a 0 rating at back?
    Maybe, but he's out of position when I put him there on career mode before the game and he's a 79. He's a 0 whenever I start playing the actual game.

freeVICK
    freeVICK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6501

Someone play me on xbox for points

Fidel_CashFlow
    Fidel_CashFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30419

will play on ps3 for points

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage
    keyboarding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 972

Quote Originally Posted by Fidel_CashFlow View Post
    will play on ps3 for points
    I would but you aren't a Pro so the transfer of my inevitable winnings would be painfully slow and extra insulting for you since you'd be reminded every day of your loss when you transferred them. I'll save you the humiliation. You're welcome.

God bless.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Found the answer...

The roster ratings show you the players ratings based on what scheme you run. The ingame depth chart shows you their default ratings. You may think "why?"
    Well lets say you have Terrel Pryor at QB. His rating is something like a 65. This is his rating in the ingame depth chart taking everything into account. However this year, madden has incorporated scheme which shows how good a player will be for the type of play you use. For example, if i was a pure pocket passer and only threw with Pryor, he would be pretty terrible because his throwing isn't great. The roster shows this as a reduced overall if my scheme is pocket passer. However, if i like to run with my quarterback alot, Pryor is actually very effective, and the roster will show this improvement in overall if i select the relevant scheme. Make sense?

Fidel_CashFlow
    Fidel_CashFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30419

Quote Originally Posted by keyboarding View Post
    I would but you aren't a Pro so the transfer of my inevitable winnings would be painfully slow and extra insulting for you since you'd be reminded every day of your loss when you transferred them. I'll save you the humiliation. You're welcome.

God bless.

76-19 record on quickmatch quickmatch

average points scored 32

average points given up 14

Lets say I will save you the embarrassment. Its cute to see you talk like that though

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage
    keyboarding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 972

Quote Originally Posted by Fidel_CashFlow View Post
    76-19 record on quickmatch quickmatch

average points scored 32

average points given up 14

Lets say I will save you the embarrassment. Its cute to see you talk like that though
    My dad can beat up your dad. Just saying.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6898

madden online for ps3 is fun to play once in a while, well at least for me it is... i just play to play with the Colts and develop my own strategies on offense and defense. i don't waste my time playing any other games, its a waste of time in the end.

Pete0
    --------------------
    Pete0's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Hey look ! Another left turn !

You mad bro
    You mad bro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -23

madden 13 sucks ... best madden of all time was 06