zoo youk
    zoo youk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1197

Mets sign Shaun Marcum

huge pick up for the Mets rotation to replace Dickey.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/0...un-marcum.html

stevex
    stevex's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11350

The Mets

Such a joke of a franchise....

This team still thinks that David Wright is there "star" player and they should build around him. Hmm...

KingJD31
    KingJD31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7042

Nice, now fire Collins

dudekid
    the mon-fri fantasy guy
    dudekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

what's so terrible about david wright? the guy put up mvp type numbers last year...he is definitely a franchise type player when hes healthy and on the field

zoo youk
    zoo youk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1197

Quote Originally Posted by dudekid View Post
    what's so terrible about david wright? the guy put up mvp type numbers last year...he is definitely a franchise type player when hes healthy and on the field
    YAH

didn't understand that comment at all...

gryfyn1
    gryfyn1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Quote Originally Posted by zoo youk View Post
    YAH

didn't understand that comment at all...
    Read some of the Threads, there are alot of morons on this site that hate David Wright for some reason.

I wouldn't peg Marcum as a Huge signing and it will be doubtful that he fully replaces what the Mets got From Dickey the last few years.

But it is a good signing, if Marcum can stay healthy he is a good pitcher and even if the Mets struggle this year; a healthly Marcum on a one year deal has some trade value at the deadline.

stevex
    stevex's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11350

I don't hate David Wright, but I hate the people choosing these players for the Mets AND thinking that they can build a team around him. Again he's a slightly above average baseball player that will put up consistent numbers from year to year but lets be honest, he's nothing special at all.

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

huge pickup to replace dickey? are you high. seriously the guy has not been good for 2 seasons now. he had a good start in his first season with the brewers, and ever since then has been terrible to bad. the guy never goes long into games, i see him having an era over 4. this season.

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

not a huge pickup but his a solid option with all the youngesters. He should have a decent season.