Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

cant make this stuff up!!!

I've made quote a few posts like this before...I understand

I made deposit for bowl season, made some profit, but not enough so I keep going

Going about 50-50 for a week and then black Friday puts me bankrupt

0 for my last 8 a few bad beats Wednesday and Thursday and then tonight

I had Fairfield +4. They up whole game, and the damn thing goes to OT. Fairfield hits layup with 4 seconds left to get it to 3 yes I'm gonna win. No Loyola MD breaks press and layup at buzzer instead of running out clock. Now I'm pissed

Meanwhile I had Loyola Chicago ML. Up 11 about half way through 2nd half in defensive struggle. I'm in good shape right? No. Wright goes ahead and Loyola misses 3 footer for win. Am I surprised, no!

Last but not least. I'm fuckin angry now. Make my biggest bet ever last $350 on OKC/ Lakers under 110 first half. 25-25 after 1Q, I'm OK. Only at 64 with about 7:30 to go, will there be 37 points in about 7 mins? Well its at 109 and somehow Durant gets wide open and hits a buzzer beater 3.....I lose again!!!

I know god is doing this as a sign....a sign to get outta this messy game. Why won't I take the hint? This shit happens ro me every time i get involved

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

Quote Originally Posted by Regul8er View Post
    Last but not least. I'm fuckin angry now. Make my biggest bet ever last $350 on OKC/ Lakers under 110 first half. 25-25 after 1Q, I'm OK. Only at 64 with about 7:30 to go, will there be 37 points in about 7 mins? Well its at 109 and somehow Durant gets wide open and hits a buzzer beater 3.....I lose again!!!
    That sucks dude. 3 rough losses. Only mistake you made was the bolded part. Don't chase, it will finish you.

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Regul8er
    Wordd

Tto. Yup was on classic tilt which I've done before and never learn. I put $125 on bowl games I studied for hours on end, and then throw down $350 on a bullshit NBA game where the guys don't even try and defend

I'm broke as sh!t and used Christmas money to fund my account since I haven't had an extra dollar for 6+ months.

I wanted so bad to get a check. So fu(kin bad it makes me sick

Regul8er
    Wordd

Not too sure what to do with myself right now

William Walters
    William Walters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Brutal..........get out.......leave this crap behind.

William Walters
    William Walters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Reg....how old are you? Married? Kids?

Regul8er
    Wordd

The thing is, when I lose one game in bad fashion, they just keep coming. This happens constantly to me. I know its coming and I keep betting. I can't explain it.....I can picture what's going to happens against me but I bet. Its almost like I enjoy losing

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

That is brutal. Why not just bet smaller until you get out of the slump? We all go through the hot and cold streaks.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

I love this guy!

Got to admit though, that last wager felt the best!! I love the chase rush!! It kicks serious ass when they hit!!

CashDummy
    CashDummy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 349

Not too sure what to do with myself right now
    Suicide? No dont take me seriously because I would hate for you to be on the news and this post in the headlines

Regul8er
    Wordd

29. Married for 5 years....good marriage. no kids

Working on my MBA right now so things r in line. No reason why, but I always wanna bet. I would say every 1k I deposit, I get $100 back

I remember a day when I was ahead. When I wouldget checks and money transfers . But it hasn't happened in a long long time.

Really struggling keeping it together these days

Regul8er
    Wordd

Lol, cash dummy. Don't worry there, just trying to figure out how to program my brain to not bet or think about betting anymore. Been in a game 6 years and I've yet to shake the urge

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

29. Married for 5 years....good marriage. no kids

Working on my MBA right now so things r in line.
    No reason why, but I always wanna bet. I would say every 1k I deposit, I get $100 back

I remember a day when I was ahead. When I wouldget checks and money transfers . But it hasn't happened in a long long time.

Really struggling keeping it together these days
    Focus on that stuff. Find things besides gambling that give you a rush. Get into video games, play a sport, something. It's not a long term solution, but its a better vice to have in the long run.

Bad betting advice, but for the rush, do small RR bets 6,7,8 teamers. In the long run you'll lose money, but heck, risking $30 to win $1000+ should give you a solid rush.
    Last edited by tto827; 01-11-13 at 11:37 PM.

Regul8er
    Wordd

Side note. The way Fairfield lost will having me fora while . Thing is I had pacers similar situation last night and it went against me. I had pacers 2nd half. Stoudamire scores with 6 seconds after 3 offensive boards. Nyk only down 5 doesn't foul. I needednpacers to win by 6

Regul8er
    Wordd

If I could become a pro here I could just have fun and work towards getting some things. I don't have even close to $200 extra Latin around. Haven't for years

numismatist
    Le roi est mort, vive le roi...
    numismatist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1369

Just bet small. I had to take the last year off because things got out of control. Now I get the same thrill betting 25 bucks that I used to get from betting 250 a pop. These are things you know. We all know its the rush, not the money. Just look at it and treat it like a hobby, dont tie up too much money and I guarantee you will still get that same rush when you win, and want to die less when you lose.....Good luck bud, I've been there.
    Also, count your blessings. A good marriage is something rare these days. Trust me.

Regul8er
    Wordd

Thanks guys. Ya right now my mind is a scramble. I can't fathom the way I've lost the last few nights. I know its not end of the world, but I'm a mess

Thanks for the support

It'sSoEasy
    It'sSoEasy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

Here's what your problem is. You studied and handicapped the bowl games. You studied for hours. You found the games that present the best angles and value. You don't win them all but you win more than you lose. You made a profit. THEN...you decided to start playing NCAA BB and NBA. Then you started to losing. I know what happened. You didn't do your research the same as you had on NCAA football bowl games. You did less research and let bad reasoning, or lack of reasoning, guide your decisions. You took Loyola-Chicago over Wright St. This was not the play tonight for many reasons. Moreover, there was not a legitimate reason to play on Loyola-Chicago giving up multiple baskets to Wright State. You also took a Lakers game to go under a total. What data did you have that showed you there was sufficient value in the Under 109 1H when the Lakers are giving up more points than anyone else in NBA right now? I'm not that wasn't saying a decent lean but to make it a big money play doesn't make sense. I'm also not trying to sound condescending. We have all been there at some point. Either you figure out how to win, you cut back on your betting/quit, or you find yourself in trouble.

Money management is your biggest problem. I suggest studying the board each day like you did for the bowls. Some days you will find 0 games where you see an edge. Sometimes you may find 3-5 or more. Usually you can find 1 or 2. Just play these games. Didn't find any...don't bet. Why are your betting? The thrill of the action or to win some $$$? If it is the thrill of the action accept that your thrills will be expensive. If it is to win some $$$ parse down your plays so you only play where you have an advantage. When you lose you will find the feeling different, as long as you are still picking your winning plays. Bad beats happen but try to limit your losses to only bad beats, or as close to that as possible.

Don't have time to study the daily boards with the same effort you gave to studying bowl games? Stick to weekend games. With the number of lined basketball games on just Saturday and Sunday there is plenty to choose from. If you don't have time to study just turn on ESPN. Fade everything they say will happen and you'll do fine. Good luck.

Regul8er
    Wordd

I had $13 left and put it on Lakers -1.5 2nd half
    Check the score of 2nd half!

blackeyeshamus
    swampdog stomp!
    blackeyeshamus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2224

hey, homie.
    on december 29th, 2011
    I lost 9k before the sun went down.
    it was a gnarly day. not the end of the world,
    but a serious bummer. my wife caught my vibe,
    and we had an argument about the sports book...
    I made a decision to switch up my style, so I wouldn't go in the bucket like that ever again.
    basically, I keep a roll of 1k. I cash out everything over 1k every 8-10 days. if there isn't 1k there,
    I play it back up to 1k until the next cycle. that way, I take consistent payouts, and I don't let chips just keep stacking
    at the sports book. in december of 2011, I had an awesome run in college football. I clobbered three south florida locals
    until they wouldn't take my bets any more. then I built up a 10k plus balance offshore. and I just left it sitting there,
    because I had tons of cash around the house, in the bank, etc. and it was there when I decided to go on tilt, you know?
    never forget. I bet against BYU in the first bowl game that day. my team had the lead, and possession of the ball,
    inside of two minutes, first and ten on their own 20. I lit a marlboro, blinked, and an interception put those f!#kin' mormons
    in the red zone. and it went like that all day long. 9k. and the sun was still shining. not pulling that sh$t again.
    good luck, my friend. you'll be stacking legitimate chips with your mba soon enough. keep it cool. and good luck.

It'sSoEasy
    It'sSoEasy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

I had $13 left and put it on Lakers -1.5 2nd half
    Check the score of 2nd half!
    Dont play half times unless you are betting on a situation you expect to turnaround and have good reasoning to do so. ie you had team A winning outright as a 4 point dog and they find themselves down by 10 at halftime. At halftime team A is a 1.5 favorite thus giving you 8.5 points on the game line. You can't do this blindly but when used correctly you can do well. You must know your situations.

Regul8er
    Wordd

When I was talking in live chat after bad beat, I wanted to know ifni could bet only $13. When asked how I was, I was honest mentioned the brutal beats I asked his advice non 2nd half....he said Lakers. With all said, I'm in such bad shape, I asked the book if they could throw me a bone for all my hurt today. Now that's embarrassing on my behalf, but pride has left the building

SEAHAWKHARRY
    Northern Lights
    SEAHAWKHARRY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2385

So who do you like for tomorrow regul8er???

Regul8er
    Wordd

Now that I'm in the gutter I will win. I guaranteeit. I seem to hit almost everything I don't bet. Ie Detroit pistons tonight

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Lucky in love, unlucky in cards.

Can't have it both ways. Just make sure you don't flush what's truly important because of this stupid, ugly habit we all have. Accept the fact that you're doing well with a wife and a balanced home life, even though it doesn't mesh well with the gambling gods. Then ask yourself this question: would you trade the former for more success with the latter?

pimpinaces
    pimpinaces's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1470

It just sucks the first few days... I had something similar to you. I was betting 1-2k sides made a lot during football. But need my crack and get my ass handed to me in this fuking thing called basketball. I took a few weeks off lowered my plays to about 250 that's only 15% of what I used to play and it feels the same building that role again. The games look more clear. Money management is key. I'm sure you and I have read it over and over. I was to the point were I wasn't even happy being married. I played collage football and competed all my life. So now the only thing I have left in my degenerate eyes are sports and blackjack. Put a little back in a week. Work it slow..build your role a bit. You'll make your $ back. Ill even through in a couple hundred if that helps you out.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7726

Why are you spending hours studying games? Its all in the line bud. Love your posts though. Better luck going forward.

thfootball
    thfootball's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7659

chasing is a killer for sure. with so many games going it's amazing a person seems to pick the one that's a loser, and sometimes the only loser. i bet on layola before i went to work. had to work late, got home and see they were losing. lucky for me and not for others they went to overtime and won, -2 for me.
    Last edited by thfootball; 01-12-13 at 05:58 AM.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Now that I'm in the gutter I will win. I guaranteeit.
    Of course you will,

No pressure involved,

simple really,

bet with your means not your ego...................

jarvol
    jarvol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3670

Just fade yourself.

daimoshokage
    daimoshokage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

Variance.. You lose now.. You win later..

Regul8er
    Wordd

Quote Originally Posted by pimpinaces View Post
    It just sucks the first few days... I had something similar to you. I was betting 1-2k sides made a lot during football. But need my crack and get my ass handed to me in this fuking thing called basketball. I took a few weeks off lowered my plays to about 250 that's only 15% of what I used to play and it feels the same building that role again. The games look more clear. Money management is key. I'm sure you and I have read it over and over. I was to the point were I wasn't even happy being married. I played collage football and competed all my life. So now the only thing I have left in my degenerate eyes are sports and blackjack. Put a little back in a week. Work it slow..build your role a bit. You'll make your $ back. Ill even through in a couple hundred if that helps you out.
    Thanks for the response. We seem like we come from the same place. I too was a collegiate athlete( baseball and hockey) and this gambling things fires my competitive spirit. I'm the worst with money management and I keep vowing to improve but after a few bad beats, I fall back into old habits. What really sucks is that I'm the worst pressure bettor....I never win when my ass is on the line. I may be able to get a part time job on top of my full time in may or so, and may then have a few extra bucks to deposit and try again

Regul8er
    Wordd

Jarvol, I've tried fading.myself and that doesn't work. I liked Loyola MD last night, but my book didn't offer ML and I didn't feel comfortable with them winning by 4, so I took the points. We all know what happened there

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Reload. Sucks being out of the game.

12 Last